Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Lucas Leiva (Liverpool > S.S. Lazio)

Read 1105420 times
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Re: Lucas Leiva Player Thread
      Reply #11799: Jan 02, 2016 05:19:10 pm
      He isn't. One of my worries is we would overlook the work required to improve the midfield because Lucas has quite a lot of loyalty points in the bank. It's such an important area of the team we can't afford not to have at least one really top drawer player in there, doing it on a regular basis. Lucas is never going to be that player. 

Lucas wants the best and tries his best unlike lazy shits who couldn't care less for the club like Coutinho, but we lack any toughness and fight. And Lucas just can't do that.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #11800: Jan 02, 2016 05:25:05 pm
      Lucas is way down the list of problems to solve.
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #11801: Jan 02, 2016 05:29:02 pm
      Like the rest of the midfield he has been horrendous the last few games.

I wonder if the two ACL's have finally caught up with him, the game just passed by him today and even his quick crisp passing has deserted him.
      He has had numerous quality games after two ACL´s. Sure Lucas was crap and his passing wayward but it had very little to do with an injury sustained a couple years ago. This wasnt a game to judge an individual standard of our players. If it was none of them would be of required standard.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #11802: Jan 06, 2016 10:55:11 am
      how good was the lad last night even doing a shift as a no9. his attitude is amongst the best we have had at this club he never complains you never hear a single bad word about him from anywhere he is such a good professional and we are so lucky he is still here.
      He plays much better after having a run in the team he does take a game or two to get his game up and running so if he stays fit I can see him playing for a while now. if we could bottle his attitude and spread it around the team we would have a much better team
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #11803: Jan 13, 2016 06:29:35 pm
      If he plays tonight (or whenever his next Liverpool game is) he will surpass Michael Owen in the number of appearances for Liverpool. Taking his total to 298 - the highest of any player not to reach the 300 mark.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #11804: Jan 15, 2016 01:21:20 pm
      great adopted scouse servant but his legs have gone time to sell up whilst we can bring in a more dynamic CM similar to Can a powerhosue who is good on the ball who can play CDM or CM box to box.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #11805: Jan 27, 2016 01:38:20 pm
      Loved his pen yesterday and then his blasted rebound back into the net and a pumped fist to the Stoke fans. Good man Lucas, i never doubted you would bury it  :f_whistle:
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,115 posts | 4880 
      Reply #11806: Jan 27, 2016 01:54:34 pm
      Loved his pen yesterday and then his blasted rebound back into the net and a pumped fist to the Stoke fans. Good man Lucas, i never doubted you would bury it  :f_whistle:

That was fantastic.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #11807: Jan 27, 2016 02:03:23 pm

He did enjoy it didn't he.The lad has a lovely touch and its so pleasing to see him playing well again
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,958 posts | 8459 
      Reply #11808: Jan 27, 2016 02:05:57 pm

You forgot the "F**k off" aimed at the Stoke fans as well as the pumped fist!! 8)

Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #11809: Jan 27, 2016 08:03:03 pm
      You forgot the "f**k off" aimed at the Stoke fans as well as the pumped fist!! 8)

Loved that bit was hoping he would miss the goal and knock out the f**ker who was waving a toy plush shark in the background during the shootout.

What Fukn bell end brings a toy to a semi final match?
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,081 posts | 805 
      Reply #11810: Feb 02, 2016 09:46:29 pm
      needs to go

His time is up, not good enough for the club, never was.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #11811: Feb 02, 2016 10:11:42 pm
      needs to go

He was pretty good around 2011, probably one of the best DM in the league but I agree he should be nowhere near the first team, such a shame Rossiter got injured.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #11812: Feb 02, 2016 10:13:53 pm
      needs to go

Knee jerk sh*t talk.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #11813: Feb 02, 2016 10:28:32 pm

Lucas is way down on the list of problems
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #11814: Feb 02, 2016 10:30:46 pm
      I think Arab Scouse is being harsh on Lucas there, but I do think the remainder of this season is a good time to have a serious discussion about Lucas as a player and if he's someone we can improve upon.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #11815: Feb 02, 2016 10:35:43 pm
      Father Time waits for no man and it's obvious Lucas legs have gone he doesn't break up play, just look at that second half, where was he most of the time, oh yeah he was easily bypassed because he can't keep up with play.

Son Of A Gun

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #11816: Feb 02, 2016 10:39:15 pm
      Father Time waits for no man and it's obvious Lucas legs have gone he doesn't break up play, just look at that second half, where was he most of the time, oh yeah he was easily bypassed because he can't keep up with play.

This is a problem with him time and time again. And with Can looking like a lumbering mess at times, he's only more exposed.

We don't have a quality holding midfielder in Liverpool. And we haven't had one since Mascherano left. It is leaving the defence exposed and we are constantly being done over on the break, with slow players being turned inside out. Lucas isn't good enough, nor are the rest of them.

Rafa would always prioritise with this position, however, since he left, no manager has bothered seriously with this position. Hopefully Klopp does.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #11817: Feb 02, 2016 10:44:47 pm
      I think Arab Scouse is being harsh on Lucas there, but I do think the remainder of this season is a good time to have a serious discussion about Lucas as a player and if he's someone we can improve upon.

Of course he's someone we can improve upon. It's been an issue for a long time he's had no competition but I'm stunned people are singling him out.

The first goal goes 40 yards and cuts him out to where Moreno should be, instead Moreno is actually challenging Mahrez in their half, Sakho completely misjudges it and Lovren backs off Vardy petrified of his pace allowing Vardy a free volley. Migs probably shouldn't be that far off his line but I think he might be anticipating Vardy beating Lovren for pace too.

Basically all our defence is petrified into being useless on that one.

The second is another hopefully sky ball that Sakho let's drop like a muppet, then doesn't deal with the resulting bounce and somehow they manage to pass it across out box with Vardy being neither offside/the pass cut out/or challenged by Lovren, Migs probably could do better again but still all 3 of the heart of our defence totally useless on both occasions and Lucas bears the brunt, as Baz said it's a knee-jerk reaction.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #11818: Feb 02, 2016 10:55:56 pm
      Of course he's someone we can improve upon. It's been an issue for a long time he's had no competition but I'm stunned people are singling him out.

The first goal goes 40 yards and cuts him out to where Moreno should be, instead Moreno is actually challenging Mahrez in their half, Sakho completely misjudges it and Lovren backs off Vardy petrified of his pace allowing Vardy a free volley. Migs probably shouldn't be that far off his line but I think he might be anticipating Vardy beating Lovren for pace too.

The second is another hopefully sky ball that Sakho let's drop like a muppet, then doesn't deal with the resulting bounce and somehow they manage to pass it across out box with Vardy being neither offside/the pass cut out/or challenged by Lovren, Migs probably could do better again but still all 3 of the heart of our defence totally useless on both occasions and Lucas bears the brunt, as Baz said it's a knee-jerk reaction.

I didn't say anything about Lucas' performance today. Other than some shoddy passing, he wasn't at fault for too much, especially not for the goals. I was speaking generally.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,081 posts | 805 
      Reply #11819: Feb 02, 2016 11:00:40 pm

He's been awful in a lot of games so far and he is part of this unbalanced awful midfield.

No Knee jerk

absolutely overrated by our own fans. Gives the ball away so many times, can't win headers, positioning is poor hence that's why he picks up so many yellow cards. Doesn't even have a decent shot on him, how many goals did he score?  1 in what 7 years? don't give me this ''oh it's not his role'' argument, some DMs offer something going forward.

Look at that partnership over the years and rate how good the midfield was.

Mascherano - Lucas partnership in 09/10 - the most one dimensional partnership in the league, one of the reasons we finished 7th.
      Gerrard - Lucas partnership - never that good was it?

Now Can - Lucas - Henderson - how is that going so far?

and he wasn't even a key midfielder when we almost won the league.

He is also absolutely slow at the turn and doesn't recover when he loses the ball. First half he was bad, kept giving the ball away like Henderson and Can. No creativity in our midfield and he is one of the reasons why.

king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #11820: Feb 02, 2016 11:02:07 pm

I agree,  I think we need another defensive midfielder that can break play up and is more mobile.  I wouldn't be looking to replace him just yet as he is the only one we have.  Let the new man come in and replace him first.   I think highly of Lucas he has great attitude, but the time is right to be looking for another player that can take over.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,081 posts | 805 
      Reply #11821: Feb 02, 2016 11:04:17 pm

You can't always scapegoat the defense. Sometimes the midfield has to take the blame for exposing the defense like that. Look at the 2nd goal, yes Lovren's mistake for playing him onside and yes Sakho's despicable clearance too, but no CM in sight to cover. 

Quick Reply