Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Lucas Leiva (Liverpool > S.S. Lazio)

Read 1109013 times
      Saffi 7
      • Forum David Johnson

• 225 posts | 17 
      • "...that's why they paid 26 million for him..."
      Re: Lucas Leiva (Attacking Midfielder)
      Reply #115: Jan 31, 2008 11:56:18 am
      Looked lively when he came on, got into some great positions and had a few chances as well (okay, they weren't the easiest chances in the world). Not afraid to have a go and take responsibility, looks all the more confident, everytime he runs out.

I rate him...

Troffy
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 312 posts | -55 
      Reply #116: Jan 31, 2008 12:02:44 pm
      You know what....I say go for broke. Sell Gerrard and make Lucas the new man. Or at least play Lucas until Stevie gets over whatever issues he is having at the minute.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #117: Jan 31, 2008 12:14:08 pm
      ;D hes good but not that good.
      Troffy
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 312 posts | -55 
      Reply #118: Jan 31, 2008 12:14:52 pm

Well a good Lucas is better than a grumpy Stevie G
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #119: Jan 31, 2008 12:22:07 pm
      ;D thats not the answer to our problems. Drop stevie n see if that improves his form or the rest of the teams for that matter. You really know nothing about confidence and form do you.
      Troffy
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 312 posts | -55 
      Reply #120: Jan 31, 2008 12:32:36 pm
      ;D thats not the answer to our problems. Drop stevie n see if that improves his form or the rest of the teams for that matter. You really know nothing about confidence and form do you.

;)
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #121: Jan 31, 2008 01:58:03 pm
      He definitley looks like one of our more adventerous, hungry players at the moment. He also has that class about him that we haven't seen for a while. For example that pass to Torres with the outside of his foot - fantastic!

I'm looking forward to seeing him more this season. Call me crazy but I reckon he'll be a supeior player to Fabregas given the time! Again I might just bet talking rubbish :D
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #122: Jan 31, 2008 02:11:57 pm
      I think he will. I think he has one thing over Francesc which is a kind of consistency thing, im not saying Fabregas isnt consistent but he seemed like a contender to Ronaldo at the start of the season but he has kind of faded hes still playing well but his level has slipped.

Lucas looks more like a consistent player and given some time and a run of games he will have a big influence on games. Dont be suprised to see Real, Barca come in for him next season or the season after because they both want a young CM and we have all seen how much they was Fabregas.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #123: Jan 31, 2008 02:22:51 pm
      I think he will. I think he has one thing over Francesc which is a kind of consistency thing, im not saying Fabregas isnt consistent but he seemed like a contender to Ronaldo at the start of the season but he has kind of faded hes still playing well but his level has slipped.

Lucas looks more like a consistent player and given some time and a run of games he will have a big influence on games. Dont be suprised to see Real, Barca come in for him next season or the season after because they both want a young CM and we have all seen how much they was Fabregas.

Yeh I totally understand where you are comming from on the Real, Barca situation. They want that young CM with class and Lucas definitley has that. After Fabregas I can only really think Lucas Leiva as he plays in a similar way to Fabregas does. He is a bit more mobile around the pitch than Fabregas if anything!
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #124: Jan 31, 2008 02:27:55 pm

Hey mate are you on crack? Fabregas has been playing consistent Premiership football since he was 18 and has been the pivot of their midfield. Yes the side that playes the nicest football on the planet is marshalled by Fabregas. Not to undermine Lucas'with the minimum match time he has given what argument do you have to back that he is more consistent than Fabregas?
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #125: Jan 31, 2008 02:37:30 pm
      ;D You obviously dont understand what I mean by consistent. He started the season in amazing form and now he is playing well but not at that same level, he has been playing well for a good few seasons but im comparing this season of the two players.

As I already said Fabregas is consistent but I feel Lucas seems more like he is the type of player who will get to a good level and either surpass it or stay at it over the course of a season whereas this season Fabregas started in sparkling form scoring from all angles and that has recently faded. He is still playing fantastic football but not at the level he was earlier in the season.

And I cant see lucas having one amazing game then playing ok in the next he doesnt seem that type of player. I dont care how long Fabregas has been in the league because this is Lucas first season so why would I compare him to any of Francesc other seasons here ?

My main point is that for having a game then being on the bench  a few then another game his consistency is great and that is hard to find. Cesc is no doubt one of the best in the league but i do think that Lucas can be better than him given some time in the team.
      « Last Edit: Jan 31, 2008 02:46:02 pm by lil cisse »
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #126: Jan 31, 2008 04:48:38 pm
      Lucas is no dounbt lucky to be where he is, with gerrard, alonso and masch in the same team he has no reason to become as good as gerrard one day, cesc didnt really have anyone with that stature to look up to and look how he has turned out. Next season when lucas has fully adjusted he will be in the team alot more. Great player for the future
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #127: Jan 31, 2008 04:56:25 pm
      Lucas is no dounbt lucky to be where he is, with gerrard, alonso and masch in the same team he has no reason to become as good as gerrard one day, cesc didnt really have anyone with that stature to look up to and look how he has turned out. Next season when lucas has fully adjusted he will be in the team alot more. Great player for the future

Very true.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #128: Jan 31, 2008 05:08:13 pm
      Already you can see he has the composure to go all the way and next season we shall see a kid taking up the challange but it will happen best with his mentor staying put....
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #129: Feb 01, 2008 08:02:50 am
      Brazilian-Scouser. Has that simple game but in some way i just want to watch more.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #130: Feb 01, 2008 10:21:58 am
      Brazilian-Scouser. Has that simple game but in some way I just want to watch more.

Just NEVER play him holding behind SG in midfield... he just CAN'T do the job.... SG insisting on playing in the centre, totally conditions the midfield options open to Rafa.
      $H43N
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #131: Feb 01, 2008 07:19:32 pm
      i think he could turn into an alonso type player but with more attacking strengths
      Fowler_ynwa
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 71 posts |
      Reply #132: Feb 01, 2008 07:45:50 pm
      Stevie G needs to get shifted out to the right. He's technically inferior to both Alonso and Lucas and lacks composure in his passing especially in big games where his emotions get in the way. Plus him on the right leaves him free to concentrate more on attacking. Plus it's where he played when we had our best season, back at a time where the only thing we lacked was a goalscorer.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #133: Feb 02, 2008 12:32:23 pm
      Stevie G needs to get shifted out to the right. He's technically inferior to both Alonso and Lucas and lacks composure in his passing especially in big games where his emotions get in the way. Plus him on the right leaves him free to concentrate more on attacking. Plus it's where he played when we had our best season, back at a time where the only thing we lacked was a goalscorer.

I have to agree with you there. His emotions can get in the way of some big games, though he's F***ing brilliant when it comes to bossing Essien & Drogba out of the game! Against Man Utd his emotions for sure get in the way, same against Everton at times but against anyone else he does a brilliant job. Maybe not play him on the right, maybe play Barca formation and let him have a free role where he can roam around as he likes and cause panic!
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #134: Feb 02, 2008 01:27:34 pm

Plus his natural tackle style in midfield would get him booked game after game after game... which is why the number of tackles StevieG actually makes at critical moments has dropped dramatically (check your optastats).
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #135: Feb 02, 2008 01:34:16 pm
      One thing i don't get is that so many people were quick to jump down rafas throat when he brought stevie off for lucas in the derby for playing with too much emotion (i agreed with rafa as i thought we needed more direct flowing passing) and now large amounts of our fans are calling for similar things to happen more often.

A question i would like to ask is do you think Guthrie has been edged out of the team by Lucas now because at first it seemed as though he may come back and be a player for the future but now it seems as though that wont happen. 
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #136: Feb 02, 2008 01:50:59 pm
      I still believe Danny is a great player and deserves a spot in our side. If Xabi goes then Danny is for sure in my side.

The thing about Lucas is he has emotion but not that scouser emotion, which can be a good thing. He understands the importance of the big matches yet doesnt get over hyped about it like Stevie (but being someone like Stevie, you dont blame his passion).

The thing about the derby game against blueshite was the thing that got me confused. He came on for a struggling Gerrard and should have scored the winner if it wasnt for a 'Seaman' like goal line save from Neville, then everyone is going on about how crazy Rafa is for taking him off! FFS he won us that match!!!!!

The lad will be far superior to Fabregas (just watching the Man Shitty game v Arse and he is totally silent and when he gets the ball he isnt using it well at all). Fabregas has runs of hot form and cold form, for me he is class but will never be world class, on the other hand Lucas shows consistency in matches when he doesnt even play 1 in 4 matches or whatever. Lucas will be a world beater in 1 or 2 seasons, will Rafa get credit for that? NO! Wenger will come out and say, 'i was close to signing Lucas, he just couldnt sign for us' and no mention of brilliance by Rafa.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #137: Feb 02, 2008 02:03:47 pm
      Someone who agrees with me about the Fabregas thing ;D

Exactly there is no doubting stevie is a fantastic player, he is my favourite player ever but people do need to realise that when a manager takes a risk and it pays off u must give credit where credit is due. But i do still think Stevie should be in the middle, i would prefer him to be in the centre than on the right because i feel he can actually perform better there and he has many times before.

Pennant offers alot on the right as does benayoun and i think pennant seems to not get fair recognition from alot of our fans due to his past.

Quick Reply