Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

Lucas Leiva (Liverpool > S.S. Lazio)

Read 1108042 times
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Re: Lucas Leiva Player Thread
      Reply #11477: Feb 25, 2015 04:39:09 pm
      any news on how long he's out for we could do with the extra man with Europa and FA cup games comming up we need all the players we have
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,170 posts | 6344 
      Reply #11478: Feb 25, 2015 05:31:32 pm
      any news on how long he's out for we could do with the extra man with Europa and FA cup games comming up we need all the players we have

4-6 weeks from Feb 10. So that means about 2-4 weeks from now.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,670 posts | 6685 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #11479: Feb 26, 2015 07:05:55 am

Knowing our luck with injury times that means 2-4 months.  :mad:
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #11480: Feb 26, 2015 08:45:27 am
      thanks mate, hope he fully recovers from this latest injury as he's not getting any younger meaning injuries take their toll more on the body. we may never have a 100% fully fit lucas again.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #11481: Feb 26, 2015 02:21:24 pm
      Did not want to go off topic in the set piece thread.

i rate lucas in that role but never looks like he's going to pick out a clever pass or score,where i feel Can has that little edge over him with better vision for an attacking ball from the back. Lucas pre injury was finding form again but will he ever fully recover from this second injury only time will tell.

This is what Lucas does best:

That's what Lucas does that no other player in our team does, infact, no other DM in the league does it as good as Lucas? This is just as effective as scoring or assisting a player in my opinion.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #11482: Mar 05, 2015 01:02:29 pm
      Did not want to go off topic in the set piece thread.

This is what Lucas does best:

That's what Lucas does that no other player in our team does, infact, no other DM in the league does it as good as Lucas? This is just as effective as scoring or assisting a player in my opinion.
      we've seemed to be doing ok without him to be fair. although i agree he's good at breaking up the play but has his legs gone with this latest injury set back and will FSG reward him if they feel he's just going to get injured again.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #11483: Mar 05, 2015 02:29:32 pm
      we've seemed to be doing ok without him to be fair. although i agree he's good at breaking up the play but has his legs gone with this latest injury set back and will FSG reward him if they feel he's just going to get injured again.

Still think he's our best DM, and when he does play, our possession football improves. However, If Allen carries on playing the way he's playing, Lucas will have a hard time coming back into the team.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #11484: Mar 05, 2015 03:06:22 pm
      Still think he's our best DM, and when he does play, our possession football improves. However, If Allen carries on playing the way he's playing, Lucas will have a hard time coming back into the team.

At the moment the team is looking so strong with cover in almost all positions, the only position I think we really need strengthening in the summer is a new top top striker, and a backup goalie.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #11485: Mar 05, 2015 03:20:05 pm
      At the moment the team is looking so strong with cover in almost all positions, the only position I think we really need strengthening in the summer is a new top top striker, and a backup goalie.

I would be happy with Allen, Henderson, Lucas, Can & a youngster next season, but I have a sneaky feeling Lucas will be sold :(
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #11486: Mar 05, 2015 04:26:00 pm
      how long has he got left on his current deal
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #11487: Mar 05, 2015 11:39:29 pm
      end of 16-17 season
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #11488: Mar 06, 2015 12:02:25 pm
      cheers mate so this summer then if we go by club policy they will offer him a new deal. i think they will hold off and wait to see how the summer pans out and maybe wait till Jan 2015
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #11489: Mar 16, 2015 01:53:25 pm
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #11490: Mar 16, 2015 01:56:33 pm

So happy to see him back :D

Likewise with Gerrard, always nice to have options!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #11491: Mar 16, 2015 02:10:46 pm
      Can't believe he's been here for nearly 8 years. I hope he ends up retiring at the club eventually, he's worked his arse off to improve since he joined and then became one of the most important players in the team.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #11492: Mar 16, 2015 02:28:32 pm
      Can't believe he's been here for nearly 8 years. I hope he ends up retiring at the club eventually, he's worked his arse off to improve since he joined and then became one of the most important players in the team.

I agree. Him and Hendo deserve huge credit and respect. I remember both being booed by our own fans which is one of the worse things that can happen, but only for them to come out stronger and prove the haters wrong. Lucas doing it twice as well!

I think Lucas has another 5 years to offer at high level football. We should really consider tying him down, his experience and ability on the field will be vital for years to come.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #11493: Mar 16, 2015 02:40:21 pm
      I agree. Him and Hendo deserve huge credit and respect. I remember both being booed by our own fans which is one of the worse things that can happen, but only for them to come out stronger and prove the haters wrong. Lucas doing it twice as well!

I think Lucas has another 5 years to offer at high level football. We should really consider tying him down, his experience and ability on the field will be vital for years to come.

I remember Carra being booed as well.

I take no notice.
      As far as I'm concerned, if someone boo's one of their own players, they are no better than chelsea plastics.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #11494: Mar 17, 2015 04:32:32 pm
      not long now till he's back
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #11495: Mar 17, 2015 08:29:38 pm

Great to see him back in training.

I wonder, Joe Allen is playing pretty well at the minute; does Lucas come straight back in? (I never imagined saying that before)
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #11496: Mar 17, 2015 08:44:43 pm

I wonder, Joe Allen is playing pretty well at the minute; does Lucas come straight back in? (I never imagined saying that before)

Maybe not straight away, he won't be match fit and as you say Joe's been playing well but does it matter as that's what we have a squad for.  I'm sure there'll be plenty of games when he's preferred but for now Joe's doing fine  ;)
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,592 posts | 2153 
      Reply #11497: Mar 17, 2015 08:45:00 pm

I think he will likely have to wait his turn, same as the skipper given how well all the lads have been playing these past couple of months mate. He has been superb this season so hopefully it won't take him too long to get back up to full tilt. Such a boost for the run in to have Lucas, Gerrard and Flanagan back in the fold.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #11498: Mar 17, 2015 08:52:31 pm
      Maybe not straight away, he won't be match fit and as you say Joe's been playing well but does it matter as that's what we have a squad for.  I'm sure there'll be plenty of games when he's preferred but for now Joe's doing fine  ;)

I think he will likely have to wait his turn, same as the skipper given how well all the lads have been playing these past couple of months mate. He has been superb this season so hopefully it won't take him too long to get back up to full tilt. Such a boost for the run in to have Lucas, Gerrard and Flanagan back in the fold.

Great predicament to be in for once! We finally have that stength in depth we need in certain positions. Having more or less everyone coming back from injury gives us an advantage in the run in too!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #11499: Mar 17, 2015 08:53:59 pm
      Great predicament to be in for once! We finally have that stength in depth we need in certain positions. Having more or less everyone coming back from injury gives us an advantage in the run in too!

Totally mate.

Quick Reply