Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

Liverpool FC owners seek naming partner for potential new stadium

Read 61457 times
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Re: Liverpool FC owners seek naming partner for potential new stadium
      Reply #230: Mar 31, 2011 12:17:15 am
      Relieved!
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #231: Mar 31, 2011 05:10:51 am

Done, should help calm things.

I did find it hard to believe, FSG have been doing everything right so far, I couldn't imagine them wanting to change Anfield's name!
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,481 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #232: Mar 31, 2011 09:03:52 am
      So does mean they might have to build the new stadium? Kinda strange to say this and then redevelop anfield.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #233: Mar 31, 2011 09:22:56 am
      Looks like they are planning a new stadium.Why come out with this and then stay at Anfield.Cant see them renaming Anfield if they redevelop,But again the money talks in this day and age.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,170 posts | 4904 
      Reply #234: Mar 31, 2011 09:56:07 am
      Looks like they are planning a new stadium.Why come out with this and then stay at Anfield.Cant see them renaming Anfield if they redevelop,But again the money talks in this day and age.

Not necessarily. They might be doing everything to redevelop Anfield but still keeping options open should that not be possible.
      albertared
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 330 posts | 11 
      Reply #235: Mar 31, 2011 01:37:34 pm
      This thread is so typical of the internet. Someone posts a thread with a misleading title. Then dozens of people get their knickers in a twist about it without knowing the facts. Then it turns out to be a panic over nothing.

I really wonder if we would actually all be better off going back to "the good old days" when we really didn't know anything that was going on and so could just focus on enjoying the games.
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #236: Mar 31, 2011 08:02:01 pm
      Hold on a minute

Quote from: Ian Ayre
      "We are actively looking for a naming partner if we were to move to a new ground, but that clearly does not apply if we decide to remain at Anfield

Correct me if I'm wrong (I usually am) but didn't John Henry previously state that the clubs efforts were now focusing on ways to develop Anfield, now they are back to "deciding" ???

What gives?

frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #237: Mar 31, 2011 08:24:04 pm
      Surely the word 'if' implies a choice is still be made, they may have previously been 'Focusing on developing Anfield' which I'd prefer !  But I had previously thought that everything was set in stone and we had to move because Anfield had to be redeveloped under previous agreements ?
      It's a long time since I read about this and any planning may have elapsed so sorry if its old news !
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #238: Mar 31, 2011 08:44:41 pm
      God knows whats happening, but in the meantime we still get to go to Anfield! I'm well overdue a visit, need to get some tickets sorted before the seasons out!
      zaroni
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 37 posts |
      Reply #239: Apr 17, 2011 01:04:17 pm
      the stadium is a dymanite on its own
      wow
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,152 posts | 8541 
      Reply #240: Apr 17, 2011 03:14:15 pm
      Hold on a minute

Correct me if I'm wrong (I usually am) but didn't John Henry previously state that the clubs efforts were now focusing on ways to develop Anfield, now they are back to "deciding" ???

What gives?

Keeping options open in case the likes of the council turn to be a hindrance when applying to redevelop Anfield.
      *LFC 4EVA*
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 805 posts |
      • *LFC 4LIFE*
      Reply #241: Apr 18, 2011 07:37:41 pm
      can any1 get on the stadium plans thread because i can't,when i go on it ,it comes up with a sort off virus page has any1 else had this problem
      LFCexiled
      Reply #242: Apr 20, 2011 11:33:18 am
      can any1 get on the stadium plans thread because i can't,when i go on it ,it comes up with a sort off virus page has any1 else had this problem

Just been there and got nothing, might just be you. Post it in the forum feedback thread, someone might know.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #243: Apr 20, 2011 05:43:43 pm

http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?board=21.0

Not sure which one you mean? But I've been in most of the topics near the top of the page with no problem...maybe try again? see what happens.....if you have no luck, like LFC Exiled said, report it in the Forum Feedback thread.
      *LFC 4EVA*
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 805 posts |
      • *LFC 4LIFE*
      Reply #244: Apr 28, 2011 08:15:54 pm
      http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?board=21.0

Not sure which one you mean? But I've been in most of the topics near the top of the page with no problem...maybe try again? see what happens.....if you have no luck, like LFC Exiled said, report it in the Forum Feedback thread.

i mean this 1   
      NESV plans for a new/redeveloped Anfield stadium
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #245: May 14, 2011 10:36:54 am
      Liverpool FC owners seek naming partner for potential new stadium

Liverpool Echo

FENWAY Sports Group president Sam Kennedy says Liverpool's owners are on the hunt for a naming rights partner for a new stadium.

The outcome will go some way to deciding whether to build a ground in Stanley Park or refurbish Anfield.

“We are combing the earth looking for a potential naming rights partner for a new stadium,” Kennedy said.

“If we were able to get a naming rights partner, that would certainly factor into our analysis and will help as we look to make a decision on a refurb versus a new-build.

“That process has just gotten under way and we are out there talking to folks around the world.”

When Arsenal moved to a new ground in 2006, they secured a 15-year naming rights deal with Emirates airline worth £100m.

If FSG opt to revamp Anfield, then it will look for sponsors for different areas of the ground, rather than trying to rebrand the stadium with a sponsor's name.

FSG are hoping to boost Liverpool's spending power for players by offering commercial deals in conjunction with their American interests, such as baseball’s Boston Red Sox and the Roush Fenway Racing NASCAR team.

“What we are really focused on now is supporting efforts in the sponsorship area, especially North America,” Kennedy said.

“We are in the early stages of the development of Liverpool in the United States. There are opportunities in sponsorship, retail and broadcasting . . . and in having Liverpool come over to North America at some point.

“We are going to market the team and pursue commercial revenues so we can reinvest in the playing squad at Liverpool.

“We’ve been able to stabilise things from a business perspective by removing the debt of the team. But we haven’t achieved anything yet.”

Great news indeed, Given Ian Ayres track record in securing deals that eclipse any other in the clubs history, I can see us securing a massive sponsorship deal and a new stadium being built, but if not the the part in bold is very reassuring as Anfield should never be called anything other than Anfield and it looks like our owners understand this.

Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #246: May 14, 2011 10:39:50 am
      Agreed, RLB.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #247: May 14, 2011 10:43:07 am
       It is nice to read sensible logic from our owners rather than the bullshit we had to put up with from Hicks and Gillett.I like the idea of sponsoring different parts of Anfield if they revamp it,this would mean Anfield will always be Anfield and that is as it should be.
      Fan 86
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 760 posts | 38 
      Reply #248: May 14, 2011 10:44:04 am
      Our new owners just get better and better,and with each passing month they get no the club and it's traditions.

This article is showing that they are covering every angle,if they need to get a big sponsorship deal they are sounding out any takers to build a brand spanker.But if we redevelop they are trying to get as much in as possible.It says to me they are very shrewd business men but also are listening to us fan's.I for one am very happy with Mr Henry and co. :)
      Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Reply #249: May 14, 2011 11:03:15 am
      I'm still in favour of a revamp........it would depress me to lose all that history!!
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #250: May 14, 2011 11:29:06 am
      I'm still in favour of a revamp........it would depress me to lose all that history!!

But the history isn't in the cheap plastic seats & concrete shell, it's carried by the fans.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,152 posts | 8541 
      Reply #251: May 14, 2011 04:30:16 pm
      It is nice to read sensible logic from our owners rather than the bullshit we had to put up with from Hicks and Gillett.I like the idea of sponsoring different parts of Anfield if they revamp it,this would mean Anfield will always be Anfield and that is as it should be.

McDonald's Kop again!
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #252: May 14, 2011 04:33:19 pm

Better than McDonald's Anfield. Just!

I suppose it depends how it's done. The more discreetly the better, we can hope!

Quick Reply