Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Joe Cole (Liverpool -> West Ham)

Read 156765 times
      Paisleydalglish
      Re: Joe Cole Player Thread
      Reply #1541: Dec 09, 2012 10:18:53 pm
      Good finish... I actually like the lad..

However I feel that the only thing this finding of form will do is potentially find a buyer, should an offer come in Brendan would snap their hands off
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #1542: Dec 09, 2012 10:31:14 pm
      If the lad
      Good finish... I actually like the lad..

However I feel that the only thing this finding of form will do is potentially find a buyer, should an offer come in Brendan would snap their hands off
      If the lad can turn it round job's a good 'un, the team get the benefit of his improved form and he will become an asset meaning of course as Shabs suggests he could possibly be sold.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #1543: Dec 09, 2012 10:35:25 pm
      If the lad  If the lad can turn it round job's a good 'un, the team get the benefit of his improved form and he will become an asset meaning of course as Shabs suggests he could possibly be sold.

Just don't see him having a future Stuey if a bid comes in, even if it's free that takes his wages off the bill it will be accepted in my opinion.

That 5 million quid a year could be better spent by the manager.

As I said I like joe, I wish it had worked out.. I just feel any bid in January would be snapped up
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #1544: Dec 09, 2012 10:57:37 pm
      Joe will be sold and nothing will stop it from happening , with the owners it's all about the wage structure . It's all too little too late for Joe. Fine goal today though.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #1545: Dec 09, 2012 11:01:41 pm
      Agree it's great to see Joe hitting a bit of form, it helps both parties out.

Gives the team some experience to call on, maybe a few goals and the possibility another team will put a bid in for him.

As PD says, that Ā£5m a year would go a long way towards getting a few new players in.  Players that will contribute for a good few years.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,288 posts | 2806 
      Reply #1546: Dec 09, 2012 11:07:21 pm
      Another well taken goal, delaying it so the defender went to ground was brilliant.

Didn't start well at all but stepped up in the second half. Looked to make things happen when he got on the ball which was nice to see as we haven't had too many players doing that so far this season.
      Brilliant Babbel
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 510 posts | 10 
      Reply #1547: Dec 09, 2012 11:22:03 pm
      thought Joe played well today and was a great goal.  Both him and Hendo are pressing for a starting place in the Villa line up
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,695 posts | 6695 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1548: Dec 10, 2012 07:16:34 am
      Well taken goal today from Joe. Sublime pass from Raheem and beautifully executed.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #1549: Dec 10, 2012 09:11:50 am
      thought Joe played well today and was a great goal.  Both him and Hendo are pressing for a starting place in the Villa line up

Him and Hendo to start against Aston Villa?

Which two players do you think they should replace out of interest?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #1550: Dec 10, 2012 10:23:25 am
      If the lad  If the lad can turn it round job's a good 'un, the team get the benefit of his improved form and he will become an asset meaning of course as Shabs suggests he could possibly be sold.
      Sorry about that Jon I thought I was replying to Shabs, must have got distracted only just seen it.
      indlfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,099 posts |
      Reply #1551: Dec 10, 2012 12:22:25 pm

I cole can continue the form, then i would drop downing. Hendo i am not sure of.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #1552: Dec 10, 2012 12:23:24 pm
      We need players like Cole on the run up to the new year. His finish was top quality yesterday, and Liverpool are desperate for the kind of execution.

May be too little too late for Joe, but we can get a few more goals and assists out of him before 2013 then let's have it. I honestly rate him.
      Jase
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,287 posts |
      Reply #1553: Dec 10, 2012 12:32:12 pm

I don't agree that Cole should play on the back of that, but he deserves another cameo. There is an arguement to give Allen a rest though, allowing Henderson to play.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #1554: Dec 10, 2012 12:34:19 pm
      I don't agree that Cole should play on the back of that, but he deserves another cameo. There is an arguement to give Allen a rest though, allowing Henderson to play.
      I made a similar commented and was taken to task about it but Allen did make some potentially costly mistakes.

We need players like Cole on the run up to the new year. His finish was top quality yesterday, and Liverpool are desperate for the kind of execution.

May be too little too late for Joe, but we can get a few more goals and assists out of him before 2013 then let's have it. I honestly rate him.
      As you say it may be a little late in the day for the lad to redeem himself, if he can do it every week all well and good but the fact that somebody has mentioned simply getting his wage bill off the agenda speaks volumes.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1555: Dec 10, 2012 02:34:15 pm
      So...
      Eh...

Well done last night there lad.
      Back on the bench though for Villa, yeah?
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1556: Dec 10, 2012 07:13:48 pm
      Joe will be sold and nothing will stop it from happening , with the owners it's all about the wage structure . It's all too little too late for Joe. Fine goal today though.

Think if there was a market for him it would have been done and dusted a long time ago. His contract is guaranteed and nobody is daft enough to pay 90k/week for him but us.
      Jase
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,287 posts |
      Reply #1557: Dec 12, 2012 12:25:11 pm
      I think QPR are the only club who would realistically take him off our hands permanently.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #1558: Dec 12, 2012 03:29:50 pm
      Liverpool FC manager Brendan Rodgers wonā€™t give Joe Cole any guarantees
      BRENDAN RODGERS admits he can offer no guarantees with regards to Joe Coleā€™s Liverpool FC future, but insists every player at the club will be given the chance to prove their worth.

Cole emerged as one of the Redsā€™ unlikely heroes in their dramatic win over West Ham on Sunday, scoring his first Premier League goal in more than 20 months to help Rodgersā€™ side to an important 3-2 victory at Upton Park.

Opportunities have been limited for the 31-year-old this season.

Cole has made just four league appearances, and eight in all competitions, having suffered a persistent hamstring problem early in the campaign, and struggled to work his way into Rodgersā€™ plans thereafter.

It is understood that Liverpool would be prepared to listen to offers in January for the former Chelsea man, who has 18 months left on his current Anfield contract. Rodgers, though, says Coleā€™s future will be assessed on a day-to-day basis.

ā€œIā€™m just going along game by game,ā€ Rodgers said.

ā€œThere is every opportunity for every player.

ā€œItā€™s not just about the games. Every player gets a chance every single day to show what they are all about.

ā€œUnfortunately for Joe since the (Europa League) game against Young Boys when he created a goal and scored a goal he has been disrupted.

"Thatā€™s unfortunate for him because someone else comes in and takes the opportunity.

ā€œJoe just has to continue to look to get that consistency in his fitness. Heā€™s a terrific lad and I feel for him at times. Heā€™s working so hard and wants to do well for the club.ā€

Rodgers added: ā€œIs his future here? You would have to ask him that. The guy is still a Liverpool player and while heā€™s a Liverpool player Iā€™ll work as hard as I can with my staff to try to make him the best we possibly can.

ā€œIf heā€™s not going to play as often as he wants then heā€™s no different to any player really. Players are about game time and money. But heā€™s not any kind of problem, heā€™s a good guy and we will see what happens over the coming months.ā€

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2012/12/12/liverpool-fc-manager-brendan-rodgers-won-t-give-joe-cole-any-guarantees-100252-32409614/2/#ixzz2Eqsqe191
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1559: Dec 12, 2012 03:51:24 pm
      A few things in that article suggest that there is the possibility Cole will be leaving in January or at the latest, next summer. I think that he should be kept at the club until the summer IF we can't find a decent replacement for him but it could be that somebody is interested in him, we then let him go on a free and save 90k a week on wages that we can then use for a new wide player. That would make it the ideal situation so that we then don't have to pay off the rest of his contract.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #1560: Dec 12, 2012 04:02:50 pm
      Some paper talk about Cole being allowed to leave and the club set to buy Sturridge and Ince in the January window.
      indlfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,099 posts |
      Reply #1561: Dec 12, 2012 04:25:59 pm
      How many years left on his contract?
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #1562: Dec 12, 2012 06:52:15 pm
      How many years left on his contract?
      Contracted to Summer 2014..
      Brilliant Babbel
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 510 posts | 10 
      Reply #1563: Dec 13, 2012 08:17:59 pm

I'd move Gerrard out wide and rest Allen.   I know Gerrard's legs are not what they were, but he's still the best crosser in the league and would cause a lot of damage out there

Quick Reply