Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D7 L8

Joe Cole (Liverpool -> West Ham)

Read 156829 times
      uncleRico
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 287 posts |
      Re: Joe Cole (Chelsea)
      Reply #23: May 04, 2010 02:17:45 pm
      "Massive" as in 7th in the prem, antique stadium, broke as a joke and "looking forward" to a season in the europa league??? Joe Cole may well be a target for LFC but I very much doubt that LFC is a target for Joe Cole!

Piss off bell-end. Can one of the mods remove this clown??
      NavyNick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 851 posts | 38 
      Reply #24: May 04, 2010 03:15:15 pm
      Would agree with racerx34, complete bell end.  They are probably one of these people who moan about the state of our beloved club, but who has done nothing in helping trying to rid ourselves of these yank tw*ts.  if we did go for Cole, i would hope we would go for him before the World cup comes around.  As IF he goes and has a good tournament we would get priced out of a move by Citey.  I would like to see him at Liverpool, I wanted him at Liverpool before he joined Chelski.
      Junior_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 926 posts |
      Reply #25: May 04, 2010 05:57:21 pm
      I would want him, only if we don't get someone like VDV. Next season I would love to see our midfield line up like this:

- - Macherano - Gerrard - -
      Maxi - - Aquilani - - VDV/Cole
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #26: May 04, 2010 11:03:48 pm
      Half decent player, just needs to make his mind up, £ 120,000 a week sitting on the bench,  or £ 80,000 per week playing every week. Transferr fee or not, we can't be hald to ransom.
      Anyway, at the moment we couldn't aford F***ing Old King Cole.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #27: May 10, 2010 09:51:35 pm
      Seems his chances for the 2010 World Cup squad are really low with Shaun Wright-Phillips and Adam Johnson being rated higher to get the nod ahead of Joe.

I know he's just recently recovered from an injury but I'd reckon he needs more playing time, something he can probably get at Liverpool.

All that, as long as he doesn't ask for 120k quid per week.
      Scottish Dave
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 27 posts |
      Reply #28: May 13, 2010 04:05:15 pm
      I'd personally like to see Cole at Anfield. He could easily have the makings of a Liverpool star with the way he plays.

I guess time will tell as far as his aspirations go.

If he's looking to make ridiculous money, he'll go to Man City and join that circus, whilst if he's looking to play for a major club steeped in history and have a chance to really make his mark on the game, he'll consider moving to a club like Liverpool.

Saying that, he may end up at Spurs.
      Whoisfootball
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 26 posts |
      • Im sorry please unban me.
      Reply #29: May 13, 2010 04:51:37 pm
      sell benayoun and riera and bring in Joey Cole, it is like the perfect plan, how could he say no to the mighty reds.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #30: May 13, 2010 05:05:19 pm
      sell benayoun and riera and bring in Joey Cole, it is like the perfect plan, how could he say no to the mighty reds.

We are not getting stronger in squad depth if we're always selling to buy or selling more players than we are bringing in!

Get Joe Cole for free and sell Riera (only because of his outburst).
      predSJUUUUK
      • Forum David Johnson

• 213 posts |
      Reply #31: May 14, 2010 12:26:37 am
      I'd love to see him sign for us but I really can't see it happening..

He'll go to either City or Spurs imo.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #32: May 15, 2010 05:32:18 pm
      I hope we could sign him. I think he's still got something to offer and he's certainly better than some of our current options.

Could be his last game for Chelsea today, just came on now.

RedLFCBlood
      Reply #33: May 15, 2010 10:45:16 pm
      I hope we could sign him. I think he's still got something to offer and he's certainly better than some of our current options.

Could be his last game for Chelsea today, just came on now.

He's a mile ahead of any left sided option we have, even Yossi in my opinion and I don't say that lightly.
      Jaguar909
      • Banned

• 66 posts | -13 
      • Respect is earned , not given
      Reply #34: May 16, 2010 02:57:19 am
      Dont want him, he has burnt out young like owen, think his injury record means that he is almost finished , waste of money.
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #35: May 16, 2010 09:36:01 am
      Dont want him, he has burnt out young like owen, think his injury record means that he is almost finished , waste of money.

He'd be free.

If he could get a run of games, he'd be fantastic for us.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #36: May 16, 2010 09:40:18 am
      He'd be free.

If he could get a run of games, he'd be fantastic for us.

Barring his massive wages demands, yes he would be free.

I'd love to spend a shed load of money on David Silva, etc, a young player with loads left in him. But debating those purchases just makes me feel sick because I know there's no chance without selling our best players beforehand.

So we're back to the free transfers again. Such is life. :( 
      Cored
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 37 posts |
      Reply #37: May 16, 2010 12:21:36 pm
      Massive wages .If he goes it will be to spurs.Don't know from where they get their money but I wouldn't be surprised if the followed portsmouth in the next couple of seasons.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #38: May 16, 2010 12:24:15 pm
      Not only his wages, but being a free agent he has control over his own transfer fee - that being his sign on fee.

Another reason to say no.

Oh, and look at the last overpaid, injury prone, English international that was bought on a free. That worked out for ManU didn't it?
      prettyrabbit
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 36 posts | -1 
      Reply #39: May 16, 2010 12:59:29 pm
      He has too many injuries..but if he'd be free, that would be a fine signing.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #40: May 16, 2010 01:07:52 pm
      Not only his wages, but being a free agent he has control over his own transfer fee - that being his sign on fee.

Another reason to say no.

Oh, and look at the last overpaid, injury prone, English international that was bought on a free. That worked out for ManU didn't it?

All players have a signing on fee regardless of whether they are a free transfer or not, Coles stumbling block would be his wages and lack of Champions League Football, he'll probably end up at Spurs and reunite with ol Harry as he gave him his first team debut at West Ham, however Using Owen as a comparison as not to sign him would be daft considering we are skint and he's a quality player.
      philH
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 628 posts |
      Reply #41: May 16, 2010 01:21:04 pm
      Massive wages .If he goes it will be to spurs.Don't know from where they get their money but I wouldn't be surprised if the followed portsmouth in the next couple of seasons.

Totally agree mate, they will be knocked out of the champions league in next to no time, Harry could well be looking at a spell of porridge as well
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #42: May 16, 2010 02:15:12 pm
      Can't see us signing this lad at the moment when it comes to wages we just can't compete.
      LFC_Stuart_1988
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,089 posts | 45 
      Reply #43: May 16, 2010 02:53:50 pm
      Quality player but far to injury prone. Can't afford to be bringing in more players like that this summer.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #44: May 17, 2010 04:51:20 am
      All players have a signing on fee regardless of whether they are a free transfer or not, Coles stumbling block would be his wages and lack of Champions League Football, he'll probably end up at Spurs and reunite with ol Harry as he gave him his first team debut at West Ham, however Using Owen as a comparison as not to sign him would be daft considering we are skint and he's a quality player.

Which Cole would use to his benefit to get the biggest sign on fee.

Chamakh did it, as with several others, and Cole will too.

We could offer him 100,000 a week and still be blown out of the water in terms the financial package he could get elsewhere. That's not even considering Champions League.

Free's do it all the time and Cole will do no different.
      Liverpool_babe
      • Forum John Toshack

• 275 posts |
      • So maybe not our year... I still love LFC!
      Reply #45: May 18, 2010 03:03:23 am
      I know he's a bit of a tw*t, but purely football wise - I don't think he'd be a bad move. Plays good attacking football and is out to prove a point having been a bench warmer most of this year.

Quick Reply