Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Joe Cole (Liverpool -> West Ham)

Read 156869 times
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Re: Joe Cole (Chelsea)
      Reply #69: Jun 02, 2010 02:29:46 pm
      free - works with Mourinho well, dont know if they NEED him though

Since when have Real Madrid actually needed a player....they just buy who they want.
      fivegoldstars
      • Forum Youth Player

• 14 posts |
      Reply #70: Jun 02, 2010 02:59:42 pm
      Surely at his age Cole will want to play? If he goes to Madrid, he'll be on the bench. I don't think he's done enough in his career yet to be remembered for - you're a long time out of work if you don't build the right reputation as a player.
      Still, I suppose that kind of move worked for McManaman.
      miguelred
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts |
      Reply #71: Jun 02, 2010 06:18:30 pm
      Tweet news: rbuxton87

Joe Cole set to join #Arsenal after agreeing a three-year deal.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #72: Jun 02, 2010 06:21:28 pm
      Chelsea would never give him to Arsenal. Surely.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #73: Jun 02, 2010 06:23:35 pm
      Joe Cole 'to join Arsenal on free transfer after signing three-year deal'

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/828929-joe-cole-to-join-arsenal-on-free-transfer-after-signing-three-year-deal

Joe Cole could be on the verge of making a shock move from Chelsea to Arsenal on a free transfer after rumours emerged today he has signed a three-year contract at the Emirates Stadium.

According to reports, Cole's representatives met up with Arsenal officials yesterday to thrash out the terms of the deal while the midfield playmaker was being called up to England's World Cup squad by Fabio Capello.

Barring any complications in the process the transfer is expected to be finalised next week, with a view to announcing the move before the tournament in South Africa begins in ten days' time.

The rumours follow hot on the heels of comments by Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp earlier today, when he admitted he believes Cole has agreed in principle to a move to another Premier League.

More: Arsenal transfer news and rumours

'It looks to me that someone's going to make a great free transfer,' Redknapp is quoted as saying.

'I genuinely don't know who that is, but I don't think it's going to be Tottenham.

'I've got a feeling - and I may be wrong - that he's already agreed a deal with someone.

'I'm a big fan of Joe's, and I would be interested if he didn't stay at Chelsea, but the feedback we've had is that he might well have already done something.'

If true, the news would be a huge boost for Arsenal fans still reeling from the revelation that captain Cesc Fabregas could be leaving the club to join boyhood team Barcelona this summer.

More: Chelsea transfer news and rumours

Cole's signing also fits in with the Arsene Wenger transfer philosophy in that the England international would represent a shrewd bit of business.

The 28-year-old is out of contract at Chelsea and would be available on a free transfer.

And while his wage demands may have presented a stumbling block - given the Blues are reluctant to meet his expectations - Wenger is said to be more willing to offer larger contracts to players in a bid to build a title-winning team.

Former West Ham United star Cole is also believed to be keen to stay in London, as partner Carly Zucker has recently given birth to a son and is reluctant to relocate.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,277 posts | 799 
      Reply #74: Jun 02, 2010 06:26:30 pm
      Chelsea would never give him to Arsenal. Surely.

Might be wrong, but do Chelsea have a say do they? As he's out of contract is it not up to the player?
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #75: Jun 02, 2010 07:07:12 pm
      Not he is out of contract, Arsenal now have picked 2 very good players on frees.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #76: Jun 02, 2010 07:17:19 pm
      Might be wrong, but do Chelsea have a say do they? As he's out of contract is it not up to the player?

Thats right. He can sign for anyone who wants to have him.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #77: Jun 02, 2010 07:32:57 pm
      Awk ffs. Bloody Gooners! Thats Chamakh and Cole they have beaten us too. >:(
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #78: Jun 02, 2010 07:37:11 pm
      Even with there wages cap they can still offer a lot more wages than we can a week.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #79: Jun 02, 2010 07:48:48 pm
       :mad:
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #80: Jun 02, 2010 07:52:46 pm
      We don't know for sure if he is going to Arsenal.

If he does, he's made a bad choice.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #81: Jun 02, 2010 09:54:44 pm
      So if he does, they have got both Cole and Chamakh on frees?

Unbelievable.
      Torrard
      • Forum John Toshack

• 255 posts |
      Reply #82: Jun 02, 2010 09:54:55 pm
      Grrr what a steal, again we are with emty hands.
      RyanBabs

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Reply #83: Jun 03, 2010 10:15:31 am
      Gunners got cole?

F**k sake.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #84: Jun 06, 2010 02:01:32 am
      Harry Harris, but meh.

United and Arsenal to miss out on Cole
      http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=792969&sec=transfers&cc=3888

occernet understands that Arsenal and Manchester will lose out on signing Chelsea midfielder Joe Cole on a free transfer, while Manchester City and Tottenham remain firmly in the hunt for his signature.

Speculation has continued to mount over Cole's future, and he seems certain to leave Stamford Bridge as talks over a new contact stalled before he set off for South Africa after making Fabio Capello's final England squad.

Spurs, Arsenal, United and City have all been linked with a move for Cole, though it appears that Sir Alex Ferguson and Arsene Wenger are unlikely to have the midfielder at their disposal next season.

A source close to the transfer activity told Soccernet: "My information is that Joe Cole will not be going to Arsenal or to Manchester United, despite being linked with both of these clubs. Joe Cole has a few options, and has not made up his mind, and will do so when he returns from South Africa. It is still possible that he could decide to stay at Chelsea but that is only a small chance."

The source refused to rule out Spurs and Man City and while Roberto Mancini's club can offer big bucks, Harry Redknapp has the lure of Champions League football for Cole, and that could be the deciding factor.

Redknapp has made it clear that he isn't looking to make a large number of signings, but instead wants one or two outstanding new players to reinforce Spurs' chances of making past the qualifying stage of the Champions League. And it was Redknapp that gave Cole his debut in the Premier League when they were both at West Ham United.

Cole would be happy to stay at Chelsea, but the club have thus far shown no willingness to improve the contract offer which is still on the table.

With Cole available on a free, his advisors argue that his value in the open transfer market could be £18 million to £20 million, a huge saving for any prospective new club, which would justify an inflated wage packet.

Spurs have advantage because they have Redknapp as their manager and they have Champions League Football.
      Ov3rdose
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,961 posts | 17 
      Reply #85: Jun 06, 2010 12:53:52 pm
      Joe Cole will return home from the World Cup and join Arsenal on a free transfer.

The England midfielder took the heartbreaking ­decision to leave Chelsea after failing to agree a new contract in the final months of the season.

His primary reason for ­leaving Stamford Bridge after seven years at the club was growing concerns about his chances of regular first-team football under ­manager Carlo Ancelotti.

Cole informed Chelsea last week that he intended to ­exercise his right to leave under freedom of contract.

Earlier in the season the Blues withdrew a £100,000- a-week offer to Cole after he ­demanded parity with the second tier stars at the club, who are on £130,000 a week.

It proved to be a costly error as Chelsea were poised to ­reduce that offer by £20,000 a week, matching his current salary at the club.

But Cole had no intention of coming to the table again and his increasing frustrations in the closing months of the ­campaign convinced him to seek a new challenge ­elsewhere.

He is expected to sign a four-year contract at the Emirates in a deal not dissimilar to the one Sol Campbell signed when he joined from Spurs on a free in 2001.That will see Cole’s potential earnings hit £100,000 a week.

It represents a great piece of business by Arsenal ­manager Arsene Wenger, who has seen off competition for Cole from ­Champions League rivals Manchester United and ­Tottenham.

Manchester City and ­Liverpool were also in the hunt for the 28-year-old, but it favoured Arsenal that Cole is settled living in London.
      http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-News-Chelsea-star-Joe-Cole-will-sign-for-Arsenal-after-the-World-Cup-article449653.html

What?
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #86: Jun 06, 2010 01:15:02 pm
      Haha! Guess both are rumours then.

He's probably retiring  :f_whistle:
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #87: Jun 06, 2010 01:19:57 pm
      Joe Cole is the wrong choice for Arsenal, and Arsenal is the wrong choice for Joe Cole.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #88: Jun 06, 2010 01:35:35 pm
      I suppose they play his kind of football and he can play in his natural position on the right alongside Arshavin and Van Persie.

Lord knows Walcott is not good enough to play there every week and they need some star power rather than young blood.

He'd look weird in a Gooner shirt though, i reckon.
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #89: Jun 06, 2010 01:53:03 pm
      I suppose they play his kind of football and he can play in his natural position on the right alongside Arshavin and Van Persie.

Lord knows Walcott is not good enough to play there every week and they need some star power rather than young blood.

I suppose so, but they have a squad full of players to play on the wings. What they really need is a better goalkeeper and defenders. They have no trouble creating chances, so a creative midfielder like Cole isn't really necessary.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #90: Jun 06, 2010 01:58:21 pm
      They managed to sign Chamakh and Joe Cole on a free though, from what I know Arsenal has quite a bit of money to spend this season(50 million I think?), so plenty left for defenders and keeper?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #91: Jun 06, 2010 01:59:21 pm
      Very true.

And they've needed both of those positions filled for some time.

Quick Reply