Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

Jay-Z vs. Eminem

Read 7395 times
      carheex
      • Banned

• 587 posts | -9 
      Re: Jay-Z vs. Eminem
      Reply #23: May 11, 2010 01:55:55 pm
      Eminem is simply amazing, his lyrics and the way he makes words work for him is like no other in the business.

Jay-Z has some good stuff but Eminem is street ahead.

Slightly off topic don't know if its the place to put it but do you think that the Hip-hop/Rap genre is dead or if not a shadow of its former self? I think recent hip-hop/rap can't compete with some of the older stuff.

I think the genre has changed beyond recognition. When i think of hip hop it's big daddy kane, beastie boys, dj cash money, dj spinbad, dj rectangle, ll cool j, nwa, naughy by nature, eric b & rakim, public enemy, paris, kool g rap, 3rd bass, 3  x dope, blade, gunshot, brand nubian, cypress hill, epmd, gangstarr, hijack, run dmc, geto boys, krs1.......

.....but these days when someone says they like hiphop they're usually talking about justin timberlake, chipmunk or god forbid....ndubz and dizzee rascal!!!!

For me, there was a golden age of hip hop which finished in the early-mid nineties with hardly anything of note being produced since.

Thoughts...?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #24: May 11, 2010 03:42:04 pm
      With you carheex. Slowly dying off.

Eminem is the last proper rapper left today. Jay Z doesn't rap, Kanye doesn't rap and the new brigade of Drake and co. are singers who talk fast.

However, Eminem is a beast!
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #25: Jul 03, 2013 07:40:30 pm
      Sorry to bump an old topic but has anyone checked this?

Jay-Z feat. Eminem - Renegade Live (Official HD Video)

Eminem killed it. Easy.
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #26: Jul 03, 2013 08:37:28 pm
      Seeing as this got bumped, my two cents: Jay Z is my preferred out of the two.
      Although Eminem embarrassed Jay on Renegade from the off which has always been known.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,070 posts | 8516 
      Reply #27: Jul 04, 2013 01:45:06 am
      Read through this thread and can't believe no one has mentioned Tupac.

Shame on you all!
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #28: Jul 04, 2013 02:18:37 am
      At their best or over the distance? Personally I think Jay-Z, and I haven't listened to him a lot at all (and I haven't heard his best I would imagine), is not a patch on B-Real in terms of the X-Factor in the voice or has anywhere near the lyrics and delivery of the  'untenable rhyme animal' Chuck D. I haven't heard anyone in Chuck D's class. Eminem has a catchy voice and delivery, but substance is a little trite when serious but good when it's funny and there is nothing wrong with that.

In answer to the question I prefer Eminem (for what it's worth as I don't really know Jay Z) when he's not serious, otherwise it sounds like Disney doing NIrvana.
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #29: Jul 04, 2013 04:10:38 am
      What a spit in the face to the true rap greats (although I expected nothing less from MTV who are consistently teaching people that hip hop is about personal wealth/album sales and not the voice of a disenfranchised generation).  Both Em and Jay could team up to battle KRS-One and still not come even remotely close to half of his level.  You want to be considered one of the rap greats, you gotta be able to step to cats like KRS-One and hold your own, neither of these men could.

"Anybody, can think of a dope punchline.  Anybody, can make three syllables rhyme.  Anybody, can flow for a long ass time, but how many cats you know can feed the mind?"
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #30: Jul 05, 2013 01:51:45 am
      Actually Eminem when he plays the juvenile delinquent is very funny. THey are his best songs like 'Role model' or that one 'purple pills' or whatever with D12. He is funny and that is innovative in a way. When he sings about the inner pain; it sounds like the rest of the cheesy modern R&B stars trying to cash in.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #31: Jul 05, 2013 11:00:42 pm
      What a spit in the face to the true rap greats (although I expected nothing less from MTV who are consistently teaching people that hip hop is about personal wealth/album sales and not the voice of a disenfranchised generation).  Both Em and Jay could team up to battle KRS-One and still not come even remotely close to half of his level.  You want to be considered one of the rap greats, you gotta be able to step to cats like KRS-One and hold your own, neither of these men could.

"Anybody, can think of a dope punchline.  Anybody, can make three syllables rhyme.  Anybody, can flow for a long ass time, but how many cats you know can feed the mind?"

Ah my b***ard mate went to a night in Bristol last month, with Immortal Tech, Pete Rock, a bunch of UK Hip hop guys (High Focus if you know them) and bloody KRS-One.

Said hes never seen a performance like it, KRS smashed it.

Jay Z is very very overrated as a rapper, but Eminem is cool, especially his early stuff like Infinite

Quick Reply