Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

Jack Robinson (Liverpool -> QPR)

Read 56441 times
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Re: Jack Robinson Player Thread
      Reply #230: Jun 02, 2013 10:05:06 am
      JR: I spoke to the gaffer and he said he'd watched all the games and they were good competitive matches for me to play in. He suggested that maybe next season it would be good to try and get another loan spell.

May be out on loan again next season. Hopefully to a Premier League club this time.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,170 posts | 4904 
      Reply #231: Jun 02, 2013 10:34:47 am
      JR: I spoke to the gaffer and he said he'd watched all the games and they were good competitive matches for me to play in. He suggested that maybe next season it would be good to try and get another loan spell.

May be out on loan again next season. Hopefully to a Premier League club this time.

Brendan must be reasonably pleased with Jose's form then.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #232: Jun 02, 2013 01:06:24 pm

Exactly what he needs I think
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #233: Jun 02, 2013 02:13:39 pm

I actually think that's good. To me, that means the coaching staff and the Academy staff have enough trust in his ability to get time elsewhere, as opposed to needing to be hands-on with him.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #234: Jun 03, 2013 06:06:43 pm
      Hopefully he will go on loan to a team that can potentially be competing for promotion next season (Leicester, Bolton, QPR etc.) instead of one that is struggling to avoid relegation (Barnsley, Millwall). I think that would play a role in improving his confidence because getting beat every week before getting relegated can't do wonders to his confidence.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #235: Jun 03, 2013 06:23:57 pm
      Rather Robinson went on loan to a team in the premiership. We already know he can make it in the championship.
      Brilliant Babbel
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 510 posts | 10 
      Reply #236: Jun 04, 2013 12:56:21 am
      Rather Robinson went on loan to a team in the premiership. We already know he can make it in the championship.
      in an ideal world, we'd loan him to one of the new teams coming up, but another spell in the championship wouldn't be a disaster
      wolves76
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 84 posts |
      Reply #237: Jun 05, 2013 11:28:17 pm
      Defo a loan for me. Needs competitive game time at least at championship level.  I think he has real potential but it will be stunted if he plays in the under 21s.  Hope he gets a season long loan at a decent club and progresses well so he can challenge for a place here in 2014. I think the kid has a chance of making it at a higher level.
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #238: Aug 01, 2013 05:24:53 pm
      Jack Robinson joins Blackpool on a season long loan. As part of the agreement, Liverpool will retain the option to recall the player after 28 days.

Good luck, Jack.

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #239: Aug 01, 2013 05:30:24 pm
      Think he needs a loan, had high hopes for this lad, hoping this valuable experience can get him back pushing for a call up to our first team because he has something about him that's for sure.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #240: Oct 26, 2013 05:12:47 pm
      Hearing he was sent of for fighting today. 
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #241: Oct 26, 2013 05:53:19 pm

Wouldn't surprise me.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #242: Oct 26, 2013 05:55:40 pm

Yeah double red in their game on 83mins so that would fit.

Certainly has fire in his belly this lad, application of it though has been questioned before and no matter the circumstances this will raise those concerns again.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #243: Oct 26, 2013 05:58:16 pm
      Yeah double red in their game on 83mins so that would fit.

Certainly has fire in his belly this lad, application of it though has been questioned before and no matter the circumstances this will raise those concerns again.

Thats the reason why I don't think he will ever make it for us, his attitude is all wrong.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #244: Oct 26, 2013 06:41:35 pm
      Thats the reason why I don't think he will ever make it for us, his attitude is all wrong.

Yep, and he's also not very good which doesn't help.
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 872 posts | 37 
      Reply #245: Oct 28, 2013 02:46:41 am
      Nothing wrong with his attitude imo on Saturday, a harsh red card in my book.

He see's a striker lunge at his goalkeeper, the centre half then steps in to defend his keeper. At which point Campbell throws a headbutt at the centre half. Now, and being the nearest man to the action Robinson steps in to defend his team mates. Campbell then throws a wild arm into Jack's face and a melee between several players ensues.
      harrydunn08

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #246: Jan 13, 2014 06:26:22 pm
      Has anyone been following Jack Robinson's progress at Blackpool?  I know he has been a regular in their starting 11, but I haven't seen any of the games.  Does he look like he will be able to come back next season and provide legitimate competition for Enrique at LB? 
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,146 posts | 2777 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #247: Apr 02, 2014 01:39:01 pm
      Can young Jack do a Flanno?
      harrydunn08

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #248: Apr 02, 2014 03:36:14 pm

I haven't seen him at all since he's moved to Blackpool on loan, but I know he's been a consistent starter for them all season.  Considering his age, the potential that he showed earlier in his career, the 1st team experience that he's gaining this term, and BR's ability to get the best out of players I'd gladly have him back here next year to see if he can make the breakthrough like Flanno has. 
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #249: Apr 02, 2014 11:18:52 pm

I haven't seen him at all since he's moved to Blackpool on loan, but I know he's been a consistent starter for them all season.  Considering his age, the potential that he showed earlier in his career, the 1st team experience that he's gaining this term, and BR's ability to get the best out of players I'd gladly have him back here next year to see if he can make the breakthrough like Flanno has. 

Ability isn't the question with Jack.

It's attitude. He can really lose it at times.

Has potential though!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #250: Apr 02, 2014 11:28:40 pm

I was about to say this. He can be reckless when challenging for the ball and has been sent off on 3 occasions this season. Still has a bit to learn in that area. Loaning him out next season should be something that we consider. Don't think we could rely on him consistently, especially in the Champions League (should anything happen to our first choice left back). I do hope he matures and forces his way into the first team again though at some point.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #251: Apr 03, 2014 01:00:28 am

Ability isn't the question with Jack.

Has potential though!

Worryingly for Jack I think Brendan's more concerned with what players have got in the attitude department. If you have the attitude you can gain or improve on your ability. Note Hendo and Flanno's remarkable improvements.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #252: Jul 16, 2014 01:12:29 am
      Any news on Jack and where he is going to be playing next season?
      How long left on his contract?
      He is 19 now isn't he?

Quick Reply