Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Jack Robinson (Liverpool -> QPR)

Read 56423 times
      MsGerrard
      Re: Jack Robinson Player Thread
      Reply #23: May 10, 2010 11:47:02 pm

How did you think he played Yozz?
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #24: May 11, 2010 01:03:52 pm
      Well done Jack on your debut, may it be the first of many.

Jack Robinson reflected on becoming Liverpool's youngest ever player and admitted he was still on cloud nine.

At the tender age of 16 years and 250 days, his substitute appearance against Hull City on Sunday ensured that he became our youngest ever player to play for the first team ahead of Max Thompson, who was 17 years and 129 days when he was given his debut by Bill Shankly in 1974.

"It was an amazing feeling to get on and a very exciting moment," said Robinson.

"I only found out for certain that I was in the squad on Saturday morning but it was completely unexpected. It's a dream come true.

"Sammy Lee called me on Saturday and when he told me that I was going to be in the squad, I just went into shock. I couldn't speak because of the excitement.

"I knew it was going to be a great experience and just sitting on the bench would have been good enough but it became even better to get on.

"It was the first time that I have ever travelled with the squad and I'll never forget it; I still can't believe that I've made a little bit of history."

While the end of the campaign is the time normally for rest and holidays, Robinson fully intends to keep training during the summer and work as hard as he can to continue his development.

"I've had a good season with the Academy but all I want to do now is keep working hard over the summer and make sure I'm ready for pre-season," he added.

"I'll make sure I get down to the beach and do some extra running to stay in shape. Stevie and Jamie Carragher were great beforehand. They told me to enjoy every minute - and I did!"

www.liverpoolfc.tv
      The Famous Kopite
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 789 posts | -22 
      • Edinburgh to Liverpool 260miles 4 90mins worth it
      Reply #25: May 11, 2010 01:06:39 pm
      He was on for what 2mins we will never see him again in the first team for a good few years he only 16.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #26: May 11, 2010 01:12:05 pm
      Well done Jack on your debut, may it be the first of many.

Jack Robinson reflected on becoming Liverpool's youngest ever player and admitted he was still on cloud nine.

At the tender age of 16 years and 250 days, his substitute appearance against Hull City on Sunday ensured that he became our youngest ever player to play for the first team ahead of Max Thompson, who was 17 years and 129 days when he was given his debut by Bill Shankly in 1974.

"It was an amazing feeling to get on and a very exciting moment," said Robinson.

"I only found out for certain that I was in the squad on Saturday morning but it was completely unexpected. It's a dream come true.

"Sammy Lee called me on Saturday and when he told me that I was going to be in the squad, I just went into shock. I couldn't speak because of the excitement.

"I knew it was going to be a great experience and just sitting on the bench would have been good enough but it became even better to get on.

"It was the first time that I have ever travelled with the squad and I'll never forget it; I still can't believe that I've made a little bit of history."

While the end of the campaign is the time normally for rest and holidays, Robinson fully intends to keep training during the summer and work as hard as he can to continue his development.

"I've had a good season with the Academy but all I want to do now is keep working hard over the summer and make sure I'm ready for pre-season," he added.

"I'll make sure I get down to the beach and do some extra running to stay in shape. Stevie and Jamie Carragher were great beforehand. They told me to enjoy every minute - and I did!"

www.liverpoolfc.tv

Well done son.. and by son I mean lad
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #27: May 11, 2010 01:15:35 pm
      Well done.

Is really hard when you've got to juggle football and studies. Playing for Liverpool at such a young age is really a fine achievement.

Probably that's just an understatement after all. Broke the record by 250 odd days and probably might never be eclipsed. Considering Rafa's really cautious on throwing young talent on the field in senior games, it must speak really highly of the lad.
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #28: May 11, 2010 07:14:53 pm
      Well done Jack, quite a record to break!
      MsGerrard
      Reply #29: May 13, 2010 12:56:26 am
      Bless him, he'll never forget his debut.

Hope to see a lot more of him in the future.
      niksluvslfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,234 posts | 23 
      Reply #30: May 13, 2010 07:18:23 am
      My word , he's my age ! Wow what an achievement ...especially also jugging studies with a gruelling training schedules !Well done to him !
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #31: May 13, 2010 07:36:11 am
      Me neither, Tasonga. But then I got told about this thing called 'Oogle'. Or was it 'Gugle'.. Nope, definitely 'Google'.

It's like having your own crystal ball.

:lmao:

Well in young Jackie boy, hopefully a bright future ahead for you mate.
      LFCBAFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,539 posts | 30 
      • Scousers rule the country!
      Reply #32: May 13, 2010 07:04:32 pm
      Lets hope we will be seeing some more of him next season, I mean he must have something special to play at 16 when Pacecho never debuted for us until he was 18.
      Lethal Legacy
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts |
      Reply #33: May 14, 2010 10:21:02 pm
      I thought he had a good solid game, Im really chuffed with our new players, Pacheco,Robinson, Kelly etc etc. We should keep giving them game time and hope they develop the way they should.

He did well against Hull to be fair :)
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #34: Jul 15, 2010 08:38:29 am
      May be seeing alot more of this lad, especially after Insua's gone.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #35: Jul 15, 2010 06:50:30 pm
      May be seeing alot more of this lad, especially after Insua's gone.

Is he in the squad for pre-season?
      dodgy
      • Forum Ian St John

• 426 posts | 14 
      Reply #36: Jul 19, 2010 12:20:42 pm
      Flown out to the Swiss training camp today
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #37: Jul 19, 2010 02:59:03 pm
      Given we have no left backs in the squad at the moment, with Dossena, Aurelio and Insua all gone, he might well be in the first team squad next season at this rate.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #38: Jul 19, 2010 06:29:05 pm
      I've not much knowledge about the guy as I've never seen him play but seeing he's a regular with the talented England u17s he's obviously not just been impressing the guys at Melwood. Would love to see a lot more of him this season.
      MyRed
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 62 posts |
      Reply #39: Jul 19, 2010 09:57:41 pm
      We need experienced left back for this season. Cant just throw in this lad for every game just yet. We need someone with Sami's experiences and attitude at left back. I was gutted when Sami left. Although he didnt play much but he's a model professional that everyone look up to, especially to his fellow defenders.

Erm.. Back to this lad. He got good positional awareness and great talent too. With guidance he will be a mainstay for years to come.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #40: Feb 16, 2011 01:53:10 am
      Jack has been named in the squad for the EL game against Sparta Prague.

Congratulations Jack! Thoroughly deserved.
      aussieredave
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 961 posts |
      Reply #41: Feb 16, 2011 01:57:30 am
      Link?
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #42: Feb 16, 2011 02:00:20 am
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,276 posts | 799 
      Reply #43: Feb 16, 2011 08:09:09 am
      Must say I was watching the youth cup and thought Jack was outstanding at left back! Thoroughly deserved is right!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #44: Feb 16, 2011 11:49:08 am
      Well done Jack, thoroughly deserved.
      Lfcred92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 972 posts |
      Reply #45: Feb 16, 2011 02:09:01 pm