Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Jack Robinson (Liverpool -> QPR)

Read 56461 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Jack Robinson Player Thread
      Reply #253: Aug 28, 2014 09:21:19 pm
      Signed for QPR. Can't say I'm bothered, IMO he never had the right attitude to make it with us.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Re: Jack Robinson (Liverpool -> QPR)
      Reply #254: Aug 28, 2014 09:53:49 pm
      Signed for QPR. Can't say I'm bothered, IMO he never had the right attitude to make it with us.

In what way ? Not being smart, just don't know of anything mate.

Total shock that we have sold him, I know he hasn't kicked on like we all thought he would but even so ......
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #255: Aug 28, 2014 09:55:47 pm
      Good Luck.

So difficult getting even a sniff of first team football at Liverpool. Thought he had potential but reached a level and couldn't really improve since then. Even talented players who have potential sometimes fail just because they weren't given a shot, but that's part of parcel of football.

Reckon he'll be a solid PL player. £1 million is quite cheap IMO.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #256: Aug 28, 2014 10:29:56 pm
      In what way ? Not being smart, just don't know of anything mate.

I might be being a bit narrow minded but the way he was telling he is own players to F**k off during the FA Cup defeat to Oldham I think it was and the fact that given how long ago he made his debut I'd have thought he would have really kicked on by now. He's had enough managers over the last few years but hasn't been able to really get a look in and as I say, the way he was telling our own players to F**k off in his last outing just set the wrong impression IMO.

Like I say I might be being a bit narrow minded on the matter but IMO he was lacking the right attitude and the ability. He's been loaned straight out to Huddersfield too so not even QPR are giving him a chance just yet. Seems to be a "youngster" that has been around a while now but is never really proving himself and as we know, you have to prove yourself on the training ground to begin with so something is lacking.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #257: Aug 29, 2014 12:10:38 am
      I might be being a bit narrow minded but the way he was telling he is own players to f**k off during the FA Cup defeat to Oldham I think it was and the fact that given how long ago he made his debut I'd have thought he would have really kicked on by now. He's had enough managers over the last few years but hasn't been able to really get a look in and as I say, the way he was telling our own players to f**k off in his last outing just set the wrong impression IMO.

Like I say I might be being a bit narrow minded on the matter but IMO he was lacking the right attitude and the ability. He's been loaned straight out to Huddersfield too so not even QPR are giving him a chance just yet. Seems to be a "youngster" that has been around a while now but is never really proving himself and as we know, you have to prove yourself on the training ground to begin with so something is lacking.

Ah, fair enough mate, thought I had missed some juicy gossip.

I don't feel sorry for him in the same way I did with Kelly, but it is always sad to see a young player leave, but as you say he never kicked on. Maybe felt he had made it when he got a few games and relaxed too much.   
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #258: Aug 29, 2014 06:19:16 am
      I wish the lad well,  I thought he would have kicked on after his debut but not all young guns make it, like Kelly he probably realised himself that his chances here would be slim especially when Moreno signed, 
      Whether his attitude had anything to do with it remains to be seen,anyhoo good luck to the boy I hope he finds what he's looking for and has a good career at a club that suits his level.

YNWA
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #259: Aug 29, 2014 03:01:33 pm
      Good Luck.

So difficult getting even a sniff of first team football at Liverpool. Thought he had potential but reached a level and couldn't really improve since then. Even talented players who have potential sometimes fail just because they weren't given a shot, but that's part of parcel of football.

Reckon he'll be a solid PL player. £1 million is quite cheap IMO.

He's been immediately loaned out to Huddersfield for the season. Same old, same old then! :f_tongueincheek:
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #260: Mar 21, 2015 11:52:11 am
      Just seen this, poor lad that's a shocking injury.  I whinced when I read it.  Get well soon Jack.

Former Liverpool FC defender Jack Robinson has been ruled out for up to a year with a serious knee injury.

The Warrington-born full-back damaged cartilage in the closing stages of Huddersfield Town’s game against Birmingham City last weekend.

He was on a season-long loan with the Terriers after Queens Park Rangers bought him from Liverpool for £1million last August.

Robinson, who had made 31 appearances for the Championship outfit, has returned to his parent club and will now undergo surgery.

QPR’s head of medical services Dr Peter Florida said: “Jack has damaged the cartilage that lies over the bottom of the thigh bone. It has actually come away from the bone, and has to be sewn back into place.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #261: Mar 21, 2015 04:23:42 pm
      Just seen this, poor lad that's a shocking injury.  I whinced when I read it.  Get well soon Jack.

Former Liverpool FC defender Jack Robinson has been ruled out for up to a year with a serious knee injury.

The Warrington-born full-back damaged cartilage in the closing stages of Huddersfield Town’s game against Birmingham City last weekend.

He was on a season-long loan with the Terriers after Queens Park Rangers bought him from Liverpool for £1million last August.

Robinson, who had made 31 appearances for the Championship outfit, has returned to his parent club and will now undergo surgery.

QPR’s head of medical services Dr Peter Florida said: “Jack has damaged the cartilage that lies over the bottom of the thigh bone. It has actually come away from the bone, and has to be sewn back into place.

Damn, that's horrible :(

Really like the player. I remember his game vs Walcott, kept him in his pocket :D Get well Jack, hope you make a full recovery!!!
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #262: Mar 21, 2015 06:22:43 pm
      Ouch! Hate reading that for sure.

Quick Reply