Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

International friendlies

Read 141244 times
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Re: Other International friendlies
      Reply #437: Feb 29, 2012 10:02:43 pm
      How did the Holland match finish? Lost interest once I'd seen Stevie go off..

Ditto.
      Bier
      Reply #438: Feb 29, 2012 10:05:56 pm
      England 2-3 Netherlands

Dramatically bad game for both sides. Useless these friendlies.
      Aggeraphobia
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 212 posts |
      Reply #439: Feb 29, 2012 10:07:46 pm
      Ah yeah, was looking for one off the foot. Robben may be a douche, but showed his class tonight
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #440: Feb 29, 2012 10:16:42 pm
      Just seen Soldado grabbed 2 for Spain tonight..
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #441: Feb 29, 2012 10:19:34 pm

Shows you how much I was watching the game.

Well the dozy blueshite c**t went to sleep there!
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #442: Feb 29, 2012 10:21:32 pm
      Just seen Soldado grabbed 2 for Spain tonight..

Just got his hat-trick now.  Could've very easily been four if he converted the pen earlier.

Still 5 odd mins (+ ET) to go.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #443: Feb 29, 2012 10:22:27 pm
      Like Torres needs another reason to feel depressed ;)
      LFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,715 posts | 36 
      • In JK I trust! YNWA
      Reply #444: Feb 29, 2012 10:30:53 pm
      Van Persie apparently tweaked his groin
      OoLiaaaaaMoO
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,813 posts | 11 
      • In King Kenny WE Trust!
      Reply #445: Feb 29, 2012 11:57:22 pm
      I'm actually quite surprised of how many minutes our players played today.

Too much for my liking, hate International friendlies. F***ing pointless.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #446: Mar 01, 2012 01:59:03 am
      bloody oxlade chamberlain scored a penalty in stoppage time for the u21s.. if he didn't i would have made some nice coin on a 3-0 win to england!
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #447: Mar 01, 2012 09:07:50 am
      Spain were simply amazing last night.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #448: Mar 01, 2012 09:09:45 am
      Just got his hat-trick now.  Could've very easily been four if he converted the pen earlier.

Still 5 odd mins (+ ET) to go.

Good player that lad, saw the goals this morning, all real poacher types..

One id like to see on the end of our moves at times..
      liverpaulhowes
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 67 posts |
      Reply #449: Mar 01, 2012 01:40:24 pm
      Robben has had a field day down that left side

Wonder if the experts who pine for Richards to replace Johnson at RB are still as desperate for the transition after tonight

Robben was pretty quiet when attacking the left flank & Richards was moved to CB as well anyway. Also Robben drove through the middle for his first and scored his 2nd more from the right & the Huntelaar goal came from a great cross from the right from Kuyt. Robben was on form last night, possibly his best game for some time. It’s hard to say what might or might not have happened if Glen had played. I didn’t see the right backs get caught much at all anyway.

I don’t really get why people that support an English club spit so much vitriol about the England. You know, that place from where your club is from! I fully understand some Liverpool fans not really liking England, having no interest or supporting their own country more, but to see some of the diatribes aimed at England on what is an English clubs board is a little over the top.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #450: Mar 01, 2012 03:56:59 pm
      I don’t really get why people that support an English club spit so much vitriol about the England. You know, that place from where your club is from! I fully understand some Liverpool fans not really liking England, having no interest or supporting their own country more, but to see some of the diatribes aimed at England on what is an English clubs board is a little over the top.

WE'RE NOT ENGLISH. WE ARE SCOUSE!!!

Try telling that to John Barnes who was racially abused by England fans on numerous occasions, tell that to various European cities smashed up by the England supporting gobs***e fans.

And because I support a successful club, England are anything but!
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #451: Mar 01, 2012 04:04:49 pm
      but to see some of the diatribes aimed at England on what is an English clubs board is a little over the top.

You can always F**k off to another site.

There is no humour intended in this post.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #452: Mar 01, 2012 04:08:59 pm
      You can always f**k off to another site.

Is there normally?  ;D

Agree with the above. Scouse not English. I support Liverpool that is all.. Don't spout off about England, they don't register for me.
      PepeReina25
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,400 posts |
      Reply #453: Mar 01, 2012 04:35:36 pm
      Suarez played 90 minutes for Uruguay today against Romania. Match ended 1-1, he was quiet, and seemed out of shape
      That is absolutely ridiculous. He's now played 3 and a half hours in three days. Expect him on the bench for Saturday.
      liverpaulhowes
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 67 posts |
      Reply #454: Mar 01, 2012 04:40:41 pm
      WE'RE NOT ENGLISH. WE ARE SCOUSE!!!

Try telling that to John Barnes who was racially abused by England fans on numerous occasions, tell that to various European cities smashed up by the England supporting gobs***e fans.

And because I support a successful club, England are anything but!

I'm English thanks & my club Liverpool FC is as well. I also support England & just dont see the need for the hate. What a joke brining up the England support like that, football has fans like that from everywhere both club and countries.

Like the last line though  :laugh:
      liverpaulhowes
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 67 posts |
      Reply #455: Mar 01, 2012 04:53:10 pm
      You can always f**k off to another site.

Even when you do intend humour I suspect it lacks  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Who are you anyway? The newbie bully? Christ, all I said was the anti English bashing on an English clubs board was a little over the top! Is that really a reason to bascially in a round about way tell me to fukk off? Causing rifts between our own fans is your kind of attitude. Not me btw, you can act how you like & tell me to fukk off all day. Doesn't bother me, it does a large section of LFC fans though. Think about it before slagging fellow reds.

Sorry, I thought this was an LFC forum for fans of the club. Im a fan who god forbid is also English, just like my club. I wasnt told on Sunday that this place was so anti English. Like you say I'll get used to it, fukk off or tell you to fukk off - All good fun  ;D

YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #456: Mar 01, 2012 05:04:05 pm
      This was a HUGE win for the US.  I am fired up about this match. I dont care who it is, to win in Italy is very hard and we played great.  Dempsey, has just all of a sudden become a top flight player both in the EPL and International play.  I saw a very different team w/Klinsman as coach and it paid off. At least we didnt give up a goal after 5 minutes like we used to do every match.  I dont care that people say "It was a friendly, so what". It was some of Italys best against some of our best and we won.

I think this is a very Important win in trying to get Football on more front pages.  I am certainly in the minority here in the US. The majority of the US sports fans are blatantly hypocritical when they say "Soccer is boring" then they spend 3 hours watching a Royals/White Sox game in June.... But, it is getting a lot of press. More matches are being shown on TV especially EPL and CL matches. More and more people who played soccer as kids are getting older and its reflecting toward its popularity.

Congratulations to Dempsey and the entire US Squad, they deserved that win.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #457: Mar 01, 2012 05:07:02 pm
      This was a HUGE win for the US.  I am fired up about this match. I dont care who it is, to win in Italy is very hard and we played great.  Dempsey, has just all of a sudden become a top flight player both in the EPL and International play.  I saw a very different team w/Klinsman as coach and it paid off. At least we didnt give up a goal after 5 minutes like we used to do every match.  I dont care that people say "It was a friendly, so what". It was some of Italys best against some of our best and we won.

I think this is a very Important win in trying to get Football on more front pages.  I am certainly in the minority here in the US. The majority of the US sports fans are blatantly hypocritical when they say "Soccer is boring" then they spend 3 hours watching a Royals/White Sox game in June.... But, it is getting a lot of press. More matches are being shown on TV especially EPL and CL matches. More and more people who played soccer as kids are getting older and its reflecting toward its popularity.

Congratulations to Dempsey and the entire US Squad, they deserved that win.

Dempsey has been in great form this season.
      Pity we're heading into a Euros and not WC, for the US anyway.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #458: Mar 01, 2012 05:30:40 pm

Better for the US. Gives them a bit more time to develop Altidore, Agudelo, Adu, and Diskerud.

Did you watch the U-23 game Yank? Gyau on the left wing looks a beast. Like a Raheem Sterling. Was also VERY impressed with Joe Corona. I'm definitely going to have to go watch him play in Tijuana now.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #459: Mar 01, 2012 07:02:12 pm
      Yeah I wish we could play in Euro for more experience. But we do get to play in Copa against the S. American squads like Brazil, Uruguay, Argentina etc.. so it's a good trade-off.

Kevinho..No I did not watch the U23.  Its hard getting time to watch all the Liverpool matches then CL and now its going to be Euro...I dont know what to do.

Quick Reply