Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

International friendlies

Read 141735 times
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Re: Other International friendlies
      Reply #621: Aug 14, 2013 10:27:39 pm
      US comes back from 2-0 down at the half.  Scoring 4 straight goals.  Altidore with a hatrick and an assist.  Bosnia/ Her.... score late to make the final score 4-3

Great second half Obviously.

Was a great game. Sunderland are getting an in-form Altidore, so I'm eager to see what kind of start he gets off to. Dzeko looked pretty good for Bosnia, so City are getting him in some good form as well.

I really liked the look of that Aron Johannsson kid from AZ. FIFA approved his switch from Iceland to the US (born in Mobile, Alabama, of all places :laugh:), and he looks a player in the making.
      JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Reply #622: Aug 14, 2013 10:52:54 pm
      Not many on here probably watched it.  # 19 and #13 in FIFA rankings.  were probably too busy watching a bunch of Donkeys playing at Wemberly.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #623: Aug 15, 2013 12:46:40 am
      Was a great game. Sunderland are getting an in-form Altidore, so I'm eager to see what kind of start he gets off to. Dzeko looked pretty good for Bosnia, so City are getting him in some good form as well.

I really liked the look of that Aron Johannsson kid from AZ. FIFA approved his switch from Iceland to the US (born in Mobile, Alabama, of all places :laugh:), and he looks a player in the making.
      Very happy.  Thats 12 in a row for the US team. Coming back against a fairly strong team like Bos/Her, scoring 4 and Altidore w/ a Hat trick.  I want to see us play some more Euro teams and see how we do, but this is a strong run heading in WC Quals and eventually the WC.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8551 
      Reply #624: Aug 15, 2013 01:04:16 am
      Not many on here probably watched it.  # 19 and #13 in FIFA rankings.  were probably too busy watching a bunch of Donkeys playing at Wemberly.

And Gerrard too!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #625: Aug 15, 2013 01:10:23 pm
      I do love Marchetti and just saw him make an amazing save vs Maxi in their friendly. Top quality keeper. Shame he plays for Lazio.

So many good young players in this Italian team and the Serie A overall. Insigne (scored a belter), Lamela (set one up), Di Sciglio, El Sharaawy, Muriel amongst many others.

One guy I have grown to really enjoy is Diamanti the ex West Ham player. That left foot of his is magic.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #626: Aug 15, 2013 02:54:40 pm
      Interesting to see Altidore in such a good form, I can see him having a good start in the EPL... not sure if he's good enough for something better than Sunderland but I guess he should at least make a decent player at that level.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #627: Aug 15, 2013 02:55:58 pm
      So many good young players in this Italian team and the Serie A overall. Insigne (scored a belter), Lamela (set one up), Di Sciglio, El Sharaawy, Muriel amongst many others.

I really like Di Sciglio - though, I must add, for a silly reason: Football Manager. I always get him on loan from Milan and he plays well irrespective of which side of defense I use him. ;D

I also watched him in the Confederations Cup, where he was Italy's left back, and he did well for them.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #628: Aug 15, 2013 03:21:20 pm
      He's a classy little player. He and El Sharaawy have that left side on lock for a decade.
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #629: Aug 16, 2013 09:38:00 pm
      Watched that Di Sciglio in a Milan game last year and straight away took a liking for him. Had a look at the Confeds aswell.  Must keep an eye out over the next season to see how he gets on.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #630: Oct 12, 2013 04:09:10 pm
      Australia lost to Brazil a month ago 6-0 and followed it up with a 6-0 loss last night to France.

Aussie, Aussie, Aussie! Oi, oi, oi!
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #631: Oct 12, 2013 05:09:37 pm
      Uruguay v Argentina tonight. Should be interesting.
      Paul_LFC
      • Forum John Toshack

• 256 posts | 10 
      Reply #632: Oct 12, 2013 05:24:44 pm
      Uruguay v Argentina tonight. Should be interesting.

You sure mate? I swear Uruguay played last night against Ecuador.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #633: Oct 12, 2013 06:22:13 pm
      Australia lost to Brazil a month ago 6-0 and followed it up with a 6-0 loss last night to France.

Aussie, Aussie, Aussie! Oi, oi, oi!
      Most consistent we've been under Osieck.

Talk of Guus Hiddink or even Gérard Houllier taking over, would prefer that to an aussie coach.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #634: Oct 12, 2013 06:36:05 pm
      Problem is if we have an Aussie coach, it's been noted that it will take away one of the elite coaches in the A League. We're not in a position to be reducing the quality of our league.

I've heard Hiddink, Rijkaard, Bielsa. Bielsa would be perfect, but probably impossible.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #635: Oct 12, 2013 06:59:23 pm
      You sure mate? I swear Uruguay played last night against Ecuador.

Did they? Ha haa. F**k knows what I've just been looking at then. Probably a fixture list from a year ago knowing me.

EDIT yep Paul you're right, got beat 1-0 last night. Play the Argies on Tuesday.
      Paul_LFC
      • Forum John Toshack

• 256 posts | 10 
      Reply #636: Oct 12, 2013 07:52:08 pm
      Did they? Ha haa. F**k knows what I've just been looking at then. Probably a fixture list from a year ago knowing me.

EDIT yep Paul you're right, got beat 1-0 last night. Play the Argies on Tuesday.

:D Well the good news is at least there's a decent game of football showing on Tuesday now... :f_tongueincheek:
      Bier
      Reply #637: Nov 14, 2013 09:20:55 pm
      Watching Belgium-Colombia, I really like Colombia's attack force. They started with Falcao as striker, Cuadrado and Muriel on the wings, and James Rodriguez in the 10 position behind Falcao. Some lovely players, and a good bench too with Jackson Martinez and Guarin.
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #638: Nov 14, 2013 10:28:51 pm
      Watching Belgium-Colombia, I really like Colombia's attack force. They started with Falcao as striker, Cuadrado and Muriel on the wings, and James Rodriguez in the 10 position behind Falcao. Some lovely players, and a good bench too with Jackson Martinez and Guarin.
      And their manager really figured out how to play them. Add a 40 degree playing temperature with 100% humidity, and it makes Colombia a deadly force when playing at home. South American Qualies are really the toughest in the world. Even Bolivia is hard to beat when playing at home, over 3000 meters above sea level.

Colombia are my dark horses for the WC, provided they dont choke
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #639: Aug 10, 2014 12:11:05 pm
      A League All Stars are currently playing Juventus in Sydney and the A League are winning 2-1. 80 mins gone.

Strong Juventus side, all their stars are playing including Tevez, Pogba, Buffon and a few others. Even that c**t Evra is out there.
      TheShanklyGates
      • Forum Ian St John

• 438 posts |
      Reply #640: Sep 09, 2014 03:26:06 am
      Couldn't find a suitable thread to this post in so thought here was best. Just wanted to say although we were beat 2-1 I was mightily impressed with the performance Scotland put in against the world champions Germany. The change in performances and confidence that's happened since Strachan took over is incredible,it says it all when I,and many other fans feel we could have got a draw or even a win. I said to my dad while watching it that Strachan has us playing with a club like togetherness and for that to be our first defeat in 7 games is just brilliant. I honestly believe we'll be at the euros and I can't wait to be at the next qualifier against Georgia and of course the friendly vs England. It's great to be a Scotland supporter again. In Strachan We Trust!

What do my Scots on here think about the performance vs Germany? Or for an outside opinion if there's any England (and any other nationality that saw it) fans that saw it,what did you think of it?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #641: Nov 12, 2014 05:06:58 pm
      Anyone here know Brazil's line up vs Turkey? :D

Hoping Coutinho & Firmino starts.
      Darth Joe
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 846 posts | 31 
      Reply #642: Nov 12, 2014 05:38:28 pm
      Anyone here know Brazil's line up vs Turkey? :D

Hoping Coutinho & Firmino starts.

Found this on Twitter mate: D.Alves; Danilo, Miranda, D.Luiz, Filipe Luis; Gustavo, Fernandinho, Oscar; Willian, Luiz Adriano, Neymar.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #643: Nov 12, 2014 05:39:23 pm
      Found this on Twitter mate: D.Alves; Danilo, Miranda, D.Luiz, Filipe Luis; Gustavo, Fernandinho, Oscar; Willian, Luiz Adriano, Neymar.

Was hoping for a Coutinho start :(

Quick Reply