Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

10/11 Season Ticket Prices

Read 10381 times
      Red Kenny
      • Forum Ronnie Moran
      • Started Topic

• 384 posts | 13 
      10/11 Season Ticket Prices
      Jun 07, 2010 12:41:58 pm
      Mods, feel free to move this, but due to the mess the club's in at the moment, thought it would be interesting to see if anyone has heard, the latest on the ticketing situation.

I have heard a number of mumblings from various people explaining the delay.

1 The tickets were about to go out, then someone discovered that carlsberg's name was still on, so they had to be returned to the printers.

2 I have also heard, that another reason given, is there is a letter from Rafa being sent, only now of course Rafa is no longer with us, so it has to be changed.

3 The one I think is the most likely, is there's going to be a huge increase in the price of tickets. Having just been on the Rattle, someone has said, that Steven Gerrard is suppose to be sending a "begging letter" to people, to support the club "through it's present hardship".

On second thoughts that can't be true, as Hicks said we are now better run, then we've ever been!

Considering the state of the club, any of those above could be true, but out of interest has anyone else heard anything?
      « Last Edit: Jun 08, 2010 08:40:33 pm by JD »
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Re: Next Year's Season Tickets
      Reply #1: Jun 07, 2010 12:46:12 pm
      I'd certainly think that it's going to be a huge increase in price.

Not quite sure about the supposed begging letter though? Will be interesting to see.
      Red Kenny
      • Forum Ronnie Moran
      • Started Topic

• 384 posts | 13 
      Reply #2: Jun 07, 2010 12:47:53 pm
      Yes you could be right, trouble is there are so many mad rumours flying around, that you start to wonder. Oh for a stable and well run club.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #3: Jun 07, 2010 02:35:27 pm
      Most clubs knew their ticket prices months ago. The fact it is now a quarter of the way the way through June, and we still dont even know what the prices are, smells like a very large fish to me.
      Watch out b**** owners will increase prices, thinking 'if these 25,000 customers (in their f**** up minds) dont want to pay, 'hey, there are 60,000 people on the waiting list who will'
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #4: Jun 07, 2010 02:45:05 pm
      I've heard they have increased by 100 quid, as I stated in another thread the other day.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #5: Jun 07, 2010 04:46:15 pm
      3 The one I think is the most likely, is there's going to be a huge increase in the price of tickets. Having just been on the Rattle, someone has said, that Steven Gerrard is suppose to be sending a "begging letter" to people, to support the club "through it's present hardship".
      Most hilarious thing I've read today.

Coming from a man who takes about £150,000 a week out the coffers.

I do wonder who makes this stuff up.
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #6: Jun 07, 2010 05:03:50 pm
      Season tickets will rise quite steeply,  I'm sure of that. But last season they were reduced down to 15% vat and no match increase in price.
      Therefore 2008 / 09 was £700 @ 17.5%
                    2009 / 10 was £682 @ 15 %

I'm expecting to pay around £760 this season, roughly £3 a match more than last.
      I still await the dreaded renewal form  :-\
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #7: Jun 08, 2010 11:00:27 am
      Just received the renewal form for the lower centenary :-

2010 / 2011  -  £732

A rise of £50 from last season, but realistically only a rise of £32 in the last 2 seasons !!

So I'm very happy with that.

Therefore, I would reckon, a price rise of £1 per match for each ticket bought.
      y2kyle16
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 666 posts | -7 
      Reply #8: Jun 08, 2010 11:32:17 am
      thats not too bad./...
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #9: Jun 08, 2010 12:35:01 pm
      Just received the renewal form for the lower centenary :-

2010 / 2011  -  £732

A rise of £50 from last season, but realistically only a rise of £32 in the last 2 seasons !!

So I'm very happy with that.

Therefore, I would reckon, a price rise of £1 per match for each ticket bought.

Hopefully get my main stand one in the post then soon. Was hoping for < £750.
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #10: Jun 08, 2010 01:39:46 pm
      Hopefully get my main stand one in the post then soon. Was hoping for < £750.

Main Stand £732 before 25/6/10
      « Last Edit: Jun 08, 2010 03:15:36 pm by mrtommo »
      yozz1982
      • Forum John Toshack

• 267 posts |
      • http://kitster29.deviantart.com/
      Reply #11: Jun 08, 2010 02:06:11 pm
      redcraig
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 172 posts | 14 
      Reply #12: Jun 08, 2010 02:33:15 pm
      I have a different view from those already posted. I am absolutely furious about the new season ticket prices.

It goes without saying that the hike in price is yet another way to fleece the fans out of their money after the worse season for years, but this year they have also changed the goal posts so that there is no 'early' payment discount. We are also being given 2 and half weeks to pay up with no mention of what happens after 25th June if you don't.

What makes me even more angry is being bombarded with mail telling me that if I can't make a match I should sell the ticket back to the club and receive £30 per ticket off next season. I did this 4 times due to holidays and work commitments, each time beofore their deadline. I checked with my mates that each time there was someone in my seat and surprise surprise when the renewal form comes in I have received absolutely no reduction. I called the club and they said they never sold the ticket each time. I told them they did as someone was in my seat. They said someone must have sat in the wrong seat and that I would be getting nothing. if my memory serves me right one of the games was the F***ing arsenal game. Which was a sell out.

I am absolutely disgusted that instead of a price being the same £680 minus at least £120 for ticket discount, giving £560, I instead have a bill of £732.

They are doing their best to alienate fans who fork out a fortune.

P.S I would appreciate it if anyone else has had the same problems as me that they post on here becuase I am sure I won't be a one off.
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #13: Jun 08, 2010 03:15:02 pm
      I have a different view from those already posted. I am absolutely furious about the new season ticket prices.

It goes without saying that the hike in price is yet another way to fleece the fans out of their money after the worse season for years, but this year they have also changed the goal posts so that there is no 'early' payment discount. We are also being given 2 and half weeks to pay up with no mention of what happens after 25th June if you don't.

What makes me even more angry is being bombarded with mail telling me that if I can't make a match I should sell the ticket back to the club and receive £30 per ticket off next season. I did this 4 times due to holidays and work commitments, each time beofore their deadline. I checked with my mates that each time there was someone in my seat and surprise surprise when the renewal form comes in I have received absolutely no reduction. I called the club and they said they never sold the ticket each time. I told them they did as someone was in my seat. They said someone must have sat in the wrong seat and that I would be getting nothing. if my memory serves me right one of the games was the f**king arsenal game. Which was a sell out.

I am absolutely disgusted that instead of a price being the same £680 minus at least £120 for ticket discount, giving £560, I instead have a bill of £732.

They are doing their best to alienate fans who fork out a fortune.

P.S I would appreciate it if anyone else has had the same problems as me that they post on here becuase I am sure I won't be a one off.

Have you checked online to see if your seat was sold ? If it shows it was, then you have proof against the club.
      Don't forget last seasons price was £682 due to vat being down to 15%, so £18 of this rise is the extra 2.5% vat this season.

But 2008/09 price was £700 (17.5% vat), so £32 rise in two seasons ain't that bad mate.

Good luck following up your money your owed pal.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #14: Jun 08, 2010 04:43:45 pm
      Main Stand £732 before 25/6/10

Thanks. The VAT change would have taken last years price of £682 to £697, so in essence up £35 quid (or £2 a game) on last season. 5.25% increase (avg the A and B games out).

Double the rate of inflation... Looking forward to when deflation starts to occur - probably around the same time that Slur Alex confesses to be a lifelong Liverpool fan, ie never.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      No Champions League, £351m debts and doubts over Torres and Gerrard... yet seaso
      Reply #15: Jun 08, 2010 04:49:41 pm
      No Champions League, £351m debts and doubts over Torres and Gerrard... yet season tickets go up by 7 per cent at Liverpool
      By Sportsmail Reporter
      Last updated at 1:39 PM on 8th June 2010
      Comments (0) Add to My Stories
      After their worst League finish for eleven years and failure to qualify for the Champions League, you could forgive Liverpool for cutting their title-hungry fans some slack.
      Yet with debts circling the £351million mark, the managerless club - whose fans burnt American fans outside Anfield last week in protest of owners George Gillett and Tom Hicks - have hit Kopites with a 7 per cent increase in season ticket prices.

With the future of influential duo Steven Gerrard and Fernando Torres up in the air and the warring owners refusing to contemplate offers for the financially crippled club,
      the announcement  will come as a bitter blow to the Anfield faithful.

The prices - announced later than last year - sees Kop seats at £680 online (£732 at window), with the Main Stand, Paddock and Centenary Stands £732 online (£785 at window) and the Anfield Road end, £722 (£774 at window), according to the club's official website.
       Pricey: Season tickets prices for Kopites have rocketed

According to the Liverpool Echo, The news came after a new report showed Liverpool are the third highest paying club for player wages in the Premier League, up 18 per cent in 2008/9.

The season ticket prices are understood to be based on purchases being made prior to June 25 with the rises not as severe as many had feared following the delay making the prices public.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1284931/No-Champions-League--351m-debts-doubts-Torres-Gerrard--season-tickets-7-cent-Liverpool.html#ixzz0qIxdB5oQ
      Hagbard
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 140 posts |
      • Che was a red
      Season ticket renewal
      Reply #16: Jun 08, 2010 05:04:38 pm
      The renewals are finally out - the prices are roughly what they were 2 years ago, so effectively a price rise approaching 10%
      Hagbard
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 140 posts |
      • Che was a red
      Reply #17: Jun 08, 2010 05:08:03 pm
      Ok, nearer 7.5%
      SpionKop88
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 11 
      • We see things they'll NEVER see!!!
      H&G Raise Ticket prices 7%
      Reply #18: Jun 08, 2010 05:55:48 pm
      Hicks & Gillete hike ticket prices up 7%

Liverpool have announced the ticket prices for next season, with an increase of 7% hitting supporters who are already incensed with the club's American owners. Part of the rise is due to the return of VAT to 17.5% from its temporary level of 15% introduced by the government during the recession, but most of the extra cash will go to the club.

There had been fears the new ticket prices would be higher as the announcement was late but even so an increase is not going to be well-received with the team finishing seventh in the league and missing out on Champions League football.

Supporters will also argue that an increase could have been avoided altogether if the co-owners, Tom Hicks and George Gillett, had not loaded the club with debts of £350m. Kop seats will be £680 online (£732 at window), with the Main Stand, Paddock and Centenary Stands £732 online (£785 at window) and the Anfield Road end, £722 (£774 at window), according to the club's official website.

The long-awaited details came as a new report showed Liverpool are the third highest paying club for player wages in the Premier League, up 18% in 2008-09, according to the Liverpool Echo. The season ticket prices are understood to be based on purchases being made before 25 June.

Liverpool are currently looking for a new manager after Rafael Benítez left the club by mutual consent. Roy Hodgson appears to be the frontrunner but there have been no confirmation of talks between Liverpool and his club Fulham or the manager himself.

Money Grabbing C*NTS!!!! Doesn't surprise me in the slightest though...
      RyanBabs
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Re: H&G Raise Ticket prices 7%
      Reply #19: Jun 08, 2010 06:01:12 pm
      Well i wont be going to Anfield at all next season

Away games all the way
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #20: Jun 08, 2010 06:05:13 pm
      It doesn't matter, no-one is going to buy them anyway.
      y2kyle16
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 666 posts | -7 
      Reply #21: Jun 08, 2010 06:06:52 pm
      people will buy season tickets, if u have one and arent renewing, someone will have it for sure

i expect all games next season will be packed
      Ard Mhacha Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,794 posts | 31 
      Reply #22: Jun 08, 2010 06:08:35 pm
      It doesn't matter, no-one is going to buy them anyway.

I wouldn't bank on it. They'll all be snappped up, no doubt about it

Quick Reply