Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Rafael Benitez Discussion Thread

Read 1102509 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Re: Rafael Benitez Discussion Thread
      Reply #6946: May 20, 2014 02:02:25 pm
      Kenny and Rafa are both F***ing legends at this club. FACT!!

Got a problem with that, come see me by the garage kop side start of next season, me and the lads will give you our scouse reasoning.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #6947: May 20, 2014 02:34:55 pm
      I hold my hands up and admit to being one of the ones who wanted Rafa out when he left but in hindsight the problem was not just Rafa, although I do think he had understandably more or less given up in that last season. If he had received adequate backing from the owners then we would have dominated the league with him.

Anyway you look at it Rafa is a very very good manager but we have a very very good manager again now, his name is Brendan Rodgers.  :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6:
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3952 
      Reply #6948: May 20, 2014 02:41:20 pm
      I am completely baffled by the above post. ??

I doubt that very much, you've had more 'F**k off' messages than I've had hot curries.

TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #6949: May 20, 2014 02:53:10 pm
      Always see this thread bumped by lfc across the water like:

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #6950: May 22, 2014 02:10:48 pm
      They were Italian and European champions. The players were not sh*t. Any rebuilding job that had to be done was a process of evolution, not revolution. Instead, he took a Souness job to the team, the team snowballed down the league and he got fired. Inter haven't won the league since.

He didn't take "wrongful dismissal" as he had no case. He left by mutual consent. That ends the issue there and then. 

Indeed he would. Having said that, he finished closer to the league with weaker resources, in a third of the time it took Rafa to get there.

No I didn't. He's entitled to go about it anyway he wants as well. When you end the season 24 points off the pace though as Rafa just has, maybe it's time to find a Plan B.

Unless you were on a different planet between 1986-1990, you'll find Kenny Dalglish won 3 league titles as coach of Liverpool FC. Rafa won 0 in the even longer time he was here. So Kenny Dalglish doesn't escape my attention, he is teflon, end of story.

As things stand, he hasn't won a European Cup in 9 years, and a league title in 10, despite having champions and medallists to coach throughout. He won't be winning Serie A for three years running, and I strongly doubt he will even win it once. You can't judge the world's greats on the amount of Coppa Italias they win.

He got the same points as last year. You call that an achievement do you?

I couldn't think of a better job for him

Haven't won a league - Check
      Can't win a league - Check
      Mad board/room set up - Check
      Nutter owner - Check
      Demanding fans - Check
      Won't win a league - Check.

Should suit him down to the ground.

just past Rafa's house down in Caldy surprisingly for a useless Manager he seems to be doing rather well for himself.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #6951: May 22, 2014 03:26:43 pm
      just past Rafa's house down in Caldy surprisingly for a useless Manager he seems to be doing rather well for himself.

To be fair I'm sure there are plenty of sh*te managers sitting in nice houses these days with the amount of money floating around in football.

Not saying Rafa is one of them for any of you that don't know what I think of the man.
      yacster
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 524 posts |
      Reply #6952: May 22, 2014 07:37:56 pm
      Last year with no preseason preparation with Chelsea rafa won the only European comp he could, 3rd in the league, semi finals in league cup, quarter finals in the FA

This year mou won nothing, plus did less well in the cups.

Mourinho won nothing last year with Madrid . Both seasons he spent tonnes . Both seasons he was toxic to all around him.

Rafa won a trophy in Italy this year and his team scored a bucket load. Plus he is not an out and out embarrassment to football in terms of his conduct
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #6953: May 22, 2014 08:38:18 pm
      it must annoy the F**k out of Maureen to know Rafa did more with that Chelsea team that was divided and hell bent on destroying him.Plus he has won a European trophy for Chelsea surprised Maureen is still in a job
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #6954: May 24, 2014 12:17:05 pm
      it must annoy the f**k out of Maureen  LFCACROSSTHEWATER to know Rafa did more with that Chelsea team that was divided and hell bent on destroying him.Plus he has won a European trophy for Chelsea surprised Maureen is still in a job

Fixed.

by the way - anyone got the picture of Rafa with the trophy? Can't find it anywhere..
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #6955: May 24, 2014 12:27:43 pm
      it must annoy the F**k out of Maureen
      Not forgetting all the F**k-wit fans of the 'tactical genius'.   :lmao:

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #6956: May 24, 2014 12:47:39 pm
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #6957: May 24, 2014 01:36:21 pm
      Thanks Swab mate!

I only had these:

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #6958: May 24, 2014 01:38:09 pm
      Not bad for a sh*te manager.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #6959: May 24, 2014 01:49:12 pm
      Yeah, but just imagine what those teams would have done with a proper manager like AVB, I mean maureen, I mean ah F**k it, I can't keep it up.

Love the bloke, end of.

Not sure about his new signing though.

;D
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #6960: May 24, 2014 03:00:40 pm
      It is extremely unlikely that he will EVER be back at Anfield as manager and I hope he isn't as it will mean Brendan is being successful.
      However like many on here I will always follow his results and wish him the very best of luck not that he needs it
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #6961: May 24, 2014 03:06:25 pm
      Walk into battle without question with Rafa.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #6962: May 24, 2014 07:41:38 pm
      It is extremely unlikely that he will EVER be back at Anfield as manager and I hope he isn't as it will mean Brendan is being successful.
      However like many on here I will always follow his results and wish him the very best of luck not that he needs it

Walk into battle without question with Rafa.

Wouldn't disagree with either of these comments !
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #6963: May 25, 2014 03:53:58 am
      Quote from Billy1
      can you explain why you show so much malice and venom towards RAFA,I am trying hard to understand where you are coming from.Is it a total dislike of RAFA or is there some other underlying fact that you are not telling us, can you tell me any other manager who could of done a better job  than RAFA did under the Hicks and Gillette regime.

There's no malice and venom. There is brutal honesty and as is clear, that honesty isn't liked by very many.

He was brought here to win the league, had more than enough chances, and failed. When that title is back home, as wonderful as Istanbul was, it will beat that night by some distance.
      « Last Edit: May 25, 2014 04:43:49 am by lfc across the water »
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #6964: May 25, 2014 09:58:18 am
      There's no malice and venom. There is brutal honesty and as is clear, that honesty isn't liked by very many.

He was brought here to win the league, had more than enough chances, and failed. When that title is back home, as wonderful as Istanbul was, it will beat that night by some distance.

You did not answer the question, what manager could of done a better job than RAFA did under the Hicks and Gillette regime.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3952 
      Reply #6965: May 25, 2014 10:16:08 am
      You did not answer the question, what manager could of done a better job than RAFA did under the Hicks and Gillette regime.

He won't answer the question Billy, there are managers who can throw dosh around like it's going out of fashion and still not win the Prem.
      To even think they could win the Euro cup is laughable if they weren't backed with a half billion pound squad which Rafa wasn't.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #6966: May 25, 2014 10:40:32 am
      He won't answer the question Billy, there are managers who can throw dosh around like it's going out of fashion and still not win the Prem.
      To even think they could win the Euro cup is laughable if they weren't backed with a half billion pound squad which Rafa wasn't.

With RAFA he was not afraid to tackle the owners and the pricks who represented the owners and let us supporters know what was going on in the club. I would say RAFA was Hicks and Gillette's worse nightmare, for that we should all be grateful ,
      « Last Edit: May 25, 2014 11:06:04 am by Billy1 »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3952 
      Reply #6967: May 25, 2014 11:52:41 am
      With RAFA he was not afraid to tackle the owners and the pricks who represented the owners and let us supporters know what was going on in the club. I would say RAFA was Hicks and Gillette's worse nightmare, for that we should all be grateful ,

Only too true Billy, he didn't have to stay but he knew what those bas**rds were up to and as you say he had their underlings sussed as well.
      If it were not for Rafa those bas**rds could have bankrupted LFC and all any potential buyer would have been contemplating was the carcass of a once great club
      As it was FSG pulled us back from the jaws of bankruptcy and some legal eagling fu**ed the robbers off, if Rafa hadn't exposed H&G for what they were FSG wouldn't have had a going concern to consider.
      « Last Edit: May 25, 2014 03:40:16 pm by stuey »
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #6968: May 26, 2014 07:59:47 am
      Quote from Billy1
      With RAFA he was not afraid to tackle the owners and the pricks resented the owners and let us supporters know what was going on in the club. I would say RAFA was Hicks and Gillette's worse nightmare, for that we should all be grateful ,

We knew how badly managed the club was. We know how dysfunctional the owners were. We knew what was going on at the time. But he couldn't win the league with them here, he couldn't win the league without them here, and he hasn't won the league since he left here. So the blame for why he hasn't isn't the fault of someone else all the time.

Quick Reply