Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Rafael Benitez Discussion Thread

Read 1101122 times
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Re: Rafael Benitez Discussion Thread
      Reply #6969: May 26, 2014 08:07:20 am
      We knew how badly managed the club was. We know how dysfunctional the owners were. We knew what was going on at the time. But he couldn't win the league with them here, he couldn't win the league without them here, and he hasn't won the league since he left here. So the blame for why he hasn't isn't the fault of someone else all the time.

Just to refresh my memory how many clubs has RAFA managed in the EPL since he left Liverpool, and how many full seasons has he been at those clubs. At times I think you get confused between RAFA and Hodgson.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #6970: May 26, 2014 08:44:32 am
      We knew how badly managed the club was. We know how dysfunctional the owners were. We knew what was going on at the time. But he couldn't win the league with them here, he couldn't win the league without them here, and he hasn't won the league since he left here. So the blame for why he hasn't isn't the fault of someone else all the time.

You're gonna disappear up your own arsehole trying to pin something on Rafa, you might have a bit of luck on a none LFC forum but there's nothin down for you here lad.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,341 posts | 1620 
      Reply #6971: May 26, 2014 11:56:15 am
      I honestly dont know why any of you indulge the bloke clearly a wind up and a very bitter individual judging by some of his ramblings ,not worth getting into a conversation with .
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #6972: May 26, 2014 09:14:34 pm
      I honestly dont know why any of you indulge the bloke clearly a wind up and a very bitter individual judging by some of his ramblings ,not worth getting into a conversation with .

I agree with you andy l will refrain from replying to his posts on RAFA, cheers.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #6974: Sep 23, 2014 11:44:14 am
      Benitez set to make way for former Man City boss at Napoli

By talkSPORT (@talkSPORT) | Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Rafael Benitez set to make way for former Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini at Napoli
      Former Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini could replace Rafael Benitez as Napoli coach next season, according to reports in Italy.

Napoli have suffered a nightmare start to the campaign, losing two of their first three games in the league and knocked out of the Champions League in the play-off stage.

Benitez is expected to see out his contract this year but Italian newspaper Gazzetta Dello Sport claims he is unlikely to agree a new deal with Napoli president Aurelio de Laurentiis.

Speculation suggests that the former Liverpool and Chelsea manager is keen to make a return to the Premier League, where he has enjoyed some of his best moments in management.
      Read more at http://talksport.com/football/benitez-set-make-way-former-man-city-boss-napoli-140923115179#tBRXxKAzxj7tSjGz.99
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,146 posts | 4897 
      Reply #6975: Sep 23, 2014 11:49:12 am
      Benitez set to make way for former Man City boss at Napoli

By talkSPORT (@talkSPORT) | Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Rafael Benitez set to make way for former Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini at Napoli
      Former Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini could replace Rafael Benitez as Napoli coach next season, according to reports in Italy.

Napoli have suffered a nightmare start to the campaign, losing two of their first three games in the league and knocked out of the Champions League in the play-off stage.

Benitez is expected to see out his contract this year but Italian newspaper Gazzetta Dello Sport claims he is unlikely to agree a new deal with Napoli president Aurelio de Laurentiis.

Speculation suggests that the former Liverpool and Chelsea manager is keen to make a return to the Premier League, where he has enjoyed some of his best moments in management.
      Read more at http://talksport.com/football/benitez-set-make-way-former-man-city-boss-napoli-140923115179#tBRXxKAzxj7tSjGz.99

Ready for the Rafa for us chat if Brendan's run keeps up. :D
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #6976: Sep 23, 2014 12:13:31 pm
      Ready for the Rafa for us chat if Brendan's run keeps up. :D

:D ... that's what worries me mate
      LFCexiled
      Reply #6977: Sep 23, 2014 12:19:50 pm
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #6978: Sep 23, 2014 11:14:57 pm
      :D ... that's what worries me mate

What Rafa serving tea & coffee at his Wirral home to sport Journalist this Xmas :D
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #6979: Sep 24, 2014 09:26:38 am
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #6980: Nov 14, 2014 11:11:15 pm
      Rafael Benitez's Action when Liverpool made goals againts Aston Villa.avi

Never someone who got caught up in the moment. Emotions never had a place in football with Rafa, which is why he brought us great success. Favorite manger of my time, for sure.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #6981: Nov 18, 2014 10:25:00 am
      http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/rafa-benitez-fuels-speculation-liverpool-4644992

Rafa has strongly hinted he will leave Napoli at the end of the season to rejoin his family on Merseyside, fuelling speculation of a possible Anfield return.

While the above is an outline of the report and is suggestive of our man taking over from BR, purely for a headline, the very notion should be dismissed.
      Rafa himself wouldn't give it the time of day because such a manoeuver would not specifically be in the best interest of the club.
      No negative intimation to the credibility of Mr Benitez needless to say but such drastic actions always have repercussions - usually the unwanted variety, Rafa himself would not dream of gate-crashing the proceedings.
      Far better if he is brought in as an elevated technical advisor and tactics guru - and the cream rises to the top.

Hypothetical of course in the light of there being not a rat arse chance that FSG would remotely consider the prospect.
      They did a tactical disappear up your own arsehole manoeuver by bringing Kenny back, with Rafa it might be a legend too far.     

CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #6982: Nov 18, 2014 11:00:12 am
      Who said he was to manage Liverpool? All speculation. I'm sure Mr Kenwright could do with a new Spaniard come the summer.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #6983: Nov 18, 2014 11:15:07 am
      Who said he was to manage Liverpool? All speculation. I'm sure Mr Kenwright could do with a new Spaniard come the summer.

Nobody said he was to manage LFC, the media are moulding the tale to make a headline and unsettle BR with the associated aftershock on the club.
      You I see are putting a Spaniard in the works already.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #6984: Nov 18, 2014 12:08:52 pm
      I could see him replacing Pellegrini at City in the summer but he'll never be our Manager again  :(
      LFCexiled
      Reply #6985: Nov 18, 2014 12:39:47 pm
      I'm guessing a Scouser pissed on someone's cornflakes so they decided to write that sh*te as a way to stir sh*t, lazy journalism as usual.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #6986: Nov 18, 2014 12:44:03 pm
      I'm guessing a Scouser pissed on someone's cornflakes so they decided to write that sh*te as a way to stir sh*t, lazy journalism as usual.

If there's no news Ian any insert about LFC will be of interest to the uninformed.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #6987: Nov 18, 2014 01:00:20 pm
      If there's no news Ian any insert about LFC will be of interest to the uninformed.

Ain't that the truth Stu.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #6988: Nov 18, 2014 04:53:08 pm
      I suppose when Rafa becomes available depends upon how he's getting on Napoli. I just looked at the league table and they're in third spot, 7 points behind Juventus and 4 behind Roma with 11 games played. They're a point ahead of Sampadoria, and two ahead of Genoa and Lazio. Their next three matches are Cagliari at Home, Sampadoria Away and Empoli at Home. Judging by the league table they probably would expect to win the two home games at least (both teams are in the bottom six) while Sampadoria will obviously be trickier.

In the Europa league they play Sparta Prague away, then Slovan Bratislava at home. In their league they are joint top with Sparta Prague with a team called Young Boys?? in third (3 points behind), with Slovan Bratislava in fourth. I should think providing they can avoid defeat against Sparta Prague they ought to get through to the next round as the Slovan Bratislava game is the last one in the group.

So I guess much depends on the powers that be at Napoli and what they consider to be a good season. They do seem to be doing OK, I know they were second in the season before he got there but I wouldn't know if they consider he's doing well or otherwise.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #6989: Nov 18, 2014 06:10:15 pm
      I loved Rafaa when he was here, he achieved things we didn't think were possible but like past players, injured players and the players we have out on loan, people will always believe they could do better than what we have available.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #6990: Nov 18, 2014 07:31:28 pm
      If he were available and we were looking for a new manager Rafa would be the ideal candidate.

He won the Chavs a trophy & got them qualified for 4th when the Chavs were in free fall with only 1 player given to him Demba Ba, that alone proves the quality of the man, let alone winning the CL with Traore in the squad :D

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #6991: Nov 19, 2014 05:48:16 pm
      If he were available and we were looking for a new manager Rafa would be the fantasy candidate.

He won the Chavs a trophy & got them qualified for 4th when the Chavs were in free fall with only 1 player given to him Demba Ba, that alone proves the quality of the man, let alone winning the CL with Traore in the squad :D

Sorted that shabs.
      If they humiliated and sacked Kenny Dalglish what kind of managerial tenureship if any would Rafael Benitez have to endure?
      He is precisely the mould of manager that FSG do not want, a man who has his own ideas of success on the field and the manner of it's achievement.
      His unbending commitment would see him at odds with the commercial model the owners promote and support.
      There could possibly be a backroom roll for our man if he can lower his self esteemt levels, grow a beard and change his name, other than that not a dog's chance of a start under these particular Americans.

Quick Reply