Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Rafael Benitez Discussion Thread

Read 1101125 times
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Re: Rafael Benitez Discussion Thread
      Reply #7866: Sep 25, 2015 07:42:12 pm
      Thought he was going to pastures new. Or is that just wishful thinking.

I think the best we can hope for is a demotion back to just commercial side, doubt if even after this shambles they will sack him.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #7867: Sep 30, 2015 07:46:29 pm
      just seeing Rafa on the touchline in a CL match just breaks your heart it should be with us.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #7868: Oct 01, 2015 12:14:40 am
      First signs of problems for Rafa. Apparently the players find his training boring and prefer Mourinho. Echo's of Milan? 

Real Madrid’s players are already getting restless and bored with Rafa Benitez, according to this report from El Confidencial. The article claims that Madrid’s players view training with Benitez with as much excitement as a day in the dentist’s chair, and are leaving Valdebebas with long faces, dreading coming back the next day. El Confidenical […]

Real Madrid players liken Rafa Benitez to Jose Mourinho, only ‘more boring’ [El Confidencial]

That doesn't say "Prefer Mourinho"
      "Likened to Mourinho" Much worse
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #7869: Oct 15, 2015 06:11:47 pm
      In addition to Allardyce doing his usual deluded act in the press, I was surprised (should I be surprised these days?) to see Carra coming out yet again seeking to demean Rafa's time at the club here by claiming that he refused to sign Bale because he already rated Riise. Rafa categorically denied this today saying that they twice tried to sign Bale during his tenure.

Why must Carra continue to seek this demented agenda against Rafa? In this latest stunt he hasn't just slated Rafa but Riise as well. Not the words I would expect of ANY Liverpool player past or present, legend or not. It wouldn't anger me so much if it wasn't the case that Carra backed the sacking of Rafa and privately approved and lauded the appointment of Hodgson.

Such deluded words leads me to believe that Jamie would have very little to give to this club if he was ever appointed in a coaching cacpacity. Luckily, I don't think Klopp is prone to that type of soggy tokenism so we can, for the moment, relax.
      « Last Edit: Oct 15, 2015 08:06:39 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,146 posts | 4897 
      Reply #7870: Oct 15, 2015 06:37:53 pm
      In addition to Allardyce doing his usual deluded act in the press, I was surprised (should I be surprised these days?) to see Carra coming out yet again seeking to demean Rafa's time at the club here by claiming that he refused to sign Bale because he already rated Riise. Rafa categorically denied this today saying that they twice tried to sign Bale during his tenure.

Why must Carra continue to seek this demented agenda against Rafa. In this latest stunt he hasn't just slated Rafa but Riise as well. Not the words I would expect of ANY Liverpool player past or present, legend or not. It wouldn't anger me so much when you learn how Carra backed the sacking of Rafa and the appointment of Hodgson.

Such deluded words leads me to believe that Jamie would have very little to give to this club if he was ever appointed in a coaching cacpacity. Luckily, I don't think Klopp is prone to that type of soggy tokenism so we can, for the moment, relax.

Never seems to miss an opportunity to have a dig at Rafa does Jamie.

Sad.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #7871: Oct 15, 2015 06:39:28 pm

Why must Carra continue to seek this demented agenda against Rafa. In this latest stunt he hasn't just slated Rafa but Riise as well. Not the words I would expect of ANY Liverpool player past or present, legend or not. It wouldn't anger me so much when you learn how Carra backed the sacking of Rafa and the appointment of Hodgson.

Yep, all he's done there is manage to hurt his own reputation.

Certainly gone down in my estimation with that rubbish there Carra.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #7872: Oct 15, 2015 06:43:10 pm

Gerrard too for that matter. Him and Carra just don't seem to like Rafa much if at all.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #7873: Oct 15, 2015 06:59:34 pm
      By all accounts Rafa appears to have a very nasty side to him. Knows what he wants and doesn't have much time for the opinion of others. That mentality is going to rub people the wrong way but it's also what has made him a winner.

Getting sick of Gerrard running his mouth. Never gave an interesting interview in his career here and now he's gone quite literally Hollywood on us. Wish he'd stop talking himself into corners, it's very out of character.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #7874: Oct 15, 2015 08:10:37 pm
      Yep, all he's done there is manage to hurt his own reputation.

Certainly gone down in my estimation with that rubbish there Carra.

Sad.

Gerrard too for that matter. Him and Carra just don't seem to like Rafa much if at all.

All he is doing is confirming to us that he is the Sky sellout he so desperately wanted to be. Besides, if he harbored serious ambitions to be a top coach or manager he wouldn't be plonking his arse down in the Sky studio claiming to be the authoritative voice on all things Liverpool and indeed football....which he, as is proved when he opens his mouth, isn't.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #7875: Oct 15, 2015 08:28:53 pm
      I would walk into battle with Rafa than either ex player named.

Shame either of them were not vocal enough against H&G or FSG sacking Kenny....

All about me me me with them 2.
      « Last Edit: Oct 15, 2015 11:17:38 pm by Shabs »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #7876: Oct 16, 2015 09:35:47 am

Sad.

I was about to type ''unfortunately'' these misjudged opinions may hinder Carra's footballing prospects but there's nothing unfortunate about it; it is in very poor taste and it will come back and kick his arse.

What is unfortunate is Jamie has apparently elected to go down the Sky 'near celebrity fast track' as have so many other gobshites.
      sh*t does stick.
      « Last Edit: Oct 16, 2015 09:49:24 am by stuey »
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #7877: Oct 16, 2015 09:52:14 am
      Thank you RAFA a 1000 times for being our manager when Twit and tw*t had their grubby fingers on the club.Without you I hate to think what could of happened to L.F.C.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #7878: Oct 16, 2015 10:21:56 am
      Thank you RAFA a 1000 times for being our manager when Twit and tw*t had their grubby fingers on the club.Without you I hate to think what could of happened to L.F.C.

I also hate to think about what would have happened had the club had a better owner at the time because I genuinely think we would have achieved so much and it's painful to think about.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #7879: Oct 16, 2015 11:26:22 am
      My Mum said, "If you can't say anything nice, then don't say anything at all."

Something that seems to have been forgotten theses day.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,146 posts | 4897 
      Reply #7880: Oct 16, 2015 11:56:30 am
      I was about to type ''unfortunately'' these misjudged opinions may hinder Carra's footballing prospects but there's nothing unfortunate about it; it is in very poor taste and it will come back and kick his arse.

What is unfortunate is Jamie has apparently elected to go down the Sky 'near celebrity fast track' as have so many other gobshites.
      sh*t does stick.

Indeed.

Sad to see him fitting in so well with those are holes at Sky.

I've been one who had never bought into the idea that Carra will make a top coach and my opinion on that hasn't changed.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #7881: Oct 16, 2015 12:13:18 pm
      By all accounts Rafa appears to have a very nasty side to him. Knows what he wants and doesn't have much time for the opinion of others. That mentality is going to rub people the wrong way but it's also what has made him a winner.

Getting sick of Gerrard running his mouth. Never gave an interesting interview in his career here and now he's gone quite literally Hollywood on us. Wish he'd stop talking himself into corners, it's very out of character.

And he still can't beat the first man ;)
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #7882: Oct 16, 2015 12:28:13 pm
      Just don't drink the lemonade
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #7883: Oct 17, 2015 01:03:09 am
      they can say what ever they want about Rafa we all know what we saw and what he did.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #7884: Oct 17, 2015 01:46:00 pm
      they can say what ever they want about Rafa we all know what we saw and what he did.

He'll forever be one of us. No more needs to be said.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #7885: Oct 18, 2015 08:16:32 pm
      Quote from Magillionare

Getting sick of Gerrard running his mouth.

"Appears"? Really.

Carragher doesn't want to be a coach, as that would involve living somewhere else, and losing x jobs. So he prefers the easier life of the Sky Scratchpad.

However, he and Steve put up with Rafa for 6 years. They were magnificent ambassadors for the club throughout and throughout their careers, bailing us out in both areas of the pitch for nigh on 20 years. They were in their prime during that period, and should have had a league title to show for it. Failing that, they should have won a trophy in 4 years. They know the truth why we didn't.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #7886: Oct 18, 2015 08:23:42 pm
      "Appears"? Really.

Carragher doesn't want to be a coach, as that would involve living somewhere else, and losing x jobs. So he prefers the easier life of the Sky Scratchpad.

However, he and Steve put up with Rafa for 6 years. They were magnificent ambassadors for the club throughout and throughout their careers, bailing us out in both areas of the pitch for nigh on 20 years. They were in their prime during that period, and should have had a league title to show for it. Failing that, they should have won a trophy in 4 years. They know the truth why we didn't.

"Put up with Rafa for years" are you F***ing serious??
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #7887: Oct 18, 2015 09:19:40 pm
      "Put up with Rafa for years" are you F***ing serious??

I wanna know what Rafa did to this guy I really do. His hatred of him is on an extremely unhealthy level. :laugh:
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #7888: Oct 18, 2015 09:57:58 pm
      "Appears"? Really.

Do you ever not talk rubbish? Pull up Google and search for Redcafe or the Chav forum because you are clearly lost in your search for it.

Quick Reply