Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Rafael Benitez Discussion Thread

Read 1102416 times
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Re: Rafael Benitez Discussion Thread
      Reply #8924: Apr 24, 2016 08:13:18 pm
      Long weekend at work mate.

Anyway good your leaving this thread alone for a bit.

You spend far too much time in here for a guy who hates Rafa. :f_tongueincheek: ;D

:lmao:
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #8925: Apr 24, 2016 11:07:12 pm
      This is my last word on it.

You came wading in with your size 9's asking 'who the hell I am' and called me a 'keyboard warrior' in your initial post.

Do you, f**king expect me to reply in kind to that?

FWIW, I'm calling bollox on what you said about missing Dado's post. You picked your corner and attacked me directly.

Next time, you come wading into argument either f**king read what has been read previously, or don't f**king lie that you've missed it as a justified reason to attack me.

Melt boy.
      :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #8926: Apr 24, 2016 11:17:33 pm
      As I said before it's o.k. to have an opinion as long as it agrees with yours? Maybe we should all baa in tune, just keep a wary eye out for billythered and his new wellies.
      :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #8927: Apr 25, 2016 08:21:52 am
      Quote from waltonl4
      Your not having a go at him your a disrespecting the clubs history which he is a very very important part of. Playing around with nonsensical facts. And to remind people he was sacked by the club he didn't leave to go to another club.

There was no playing around with nonsensical facts, nor am I disrespecting our history. He was brought here to put that league title back in the cabinet, and he failed at the task over and over again. That's not nonsensical, that's a fact of his time here. He left here by mutual consent i.e. the club wanted him out and he agreed to get out of here. Less than a week later, he set up camp at Inter, about to show us Rafasceptics how great he really is, in a ready made job he couldn't possibly screw up. He immediately set about wrecking the shop, and his punishment was 2 years on the scrapheap.

Quote from heimdall
      Rafa isn't a bad person but I do think he is maybe a very cold fish, a footballing nerd for lack of a better term. He is very reliant on having a good assistant who can communicate well with the players, but that is a role for the manager, the assistant should be more the tactician. I personally think that's why things started to fall apart for Rafa after Pako left us.

Maybe?

It was clear at the time that Dudek's saves in extra time and penalties would be pretty much his last act here. He wasn't terrible  in the handful of first team league games he got the following year, but by the Arsenal games in 2007, he was past his best. However, when you're basically informed that the most you'll get in a season is League Cup games, it's understandable that you may be a bit rusty when the time comes.

That debate is however, well off the point. It's another clash, another fallout, another bust up, and there were plenty more to come, some rather more serious. With one common denominator in them all.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #8928: Apr 25, 2016 08:45:02 am
      There was no playing around with nonsensical facts, nor am I disrespecting our history. He was brought here to put that league title back in the cabinet, and he failed at the task over and over again. That's not nonsensical, that's a fact of his time here. He left here by mutual consent i.e. the club wanted him out and he agreed to get out of here. Less than a week later, he set up camp at Inter, about to show us Rafasceptics how great he really is, in a ready made job he couldn't possibly screw up. He immediately set about wrecking the shop, and his punishment was 2 years on the scrapheap.

I like your piece that says RAFA was brought here to put that league title back in the cabinet and he failed at the task over and over again.With your vast knowledge could you tell us which managers have succeeded in bringing the e.p.l. trophy to our cabinet.Should I be looking at google for this information. and will it come under previous L.F.C. managers.
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #8929: Apr 25, 2016 09:29:35 pm
      Think Rafa would be best served to stay at Newcastle long term, he clearly likes a 'project' and he hasn't really had that since he left us, he has just floated about a little but you always got the impression that he wanted to return to the PL.

No idea how he would suit the Championship if they went down, but I think the club probably suits him quite well...just depends how long he can put up with Mike Ashley for!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #8930: Apr 26, 2016 12:04:06 am
      Think Rafa would be best served to stay at Newcastle long term, he clearly likes a 'project' and he hasn't really had that since he left us, he has just floated about a little but you always got the impression that he wanted to return to the PL.

No idea how he would suit the Championship if they went down, but I think the club probably suits him quite well...just depends how long he can put up with Mike Ashley for!

Agree.

If his family are settled in the country, which I think they are, then I think he would be best trying to settle down and see if he can build something up there.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #8931: May 02, 2016 04:44:57 pm
      Doing well for the Toon now. If he keeps them up then they will love him up there.

Full respect if he can do it.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3952 
      Reply #8932: May 03, 2016 10:40:08 am
      Rafa is among the big names being considered as a replacement for Roberto Martinez should Newcastle be relegated.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3569979/Rafa-Benitez-frame-Everton-job-Toffees-eye-former-Liverpool-boss-replace-Roberto-Martinez-summer.html

Haha how bitter would the bitterest supporters be if the fat Spaniard as they love to call him, took over at Goodison?
      On a more serious note, that appointment would be the stuff of nightmares for every LFC supporter.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #8933: May 03, 2016 11:59:42 am
      Try my best to avoid this thread. We had two European cup finals in 6 years under Rafa. We conceded an extra time goal to stop us making a third final too.

You wonder what more people want.

Brilliant manager Rafa and he did a fantastic job here. I'll always love the man to bits no matter what.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #8934: May 03, 2016 02:11:35 pm
      Rafa is among the big names being considered as a replacement for Roberto Martinez should Newcastle be relegated.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3569979/Rafa-Benitez-frame-Everton-job-Toffees-eye-former-Liverpool-boss-replace-Roberto-Martinez-summer.html

Haha how bitter would the bitterest supporters be if the fat Spaniard as they love to call him, took over at Goodison?
      On a more serious note, that appointment would be the stuff of nightmares for every LFC supporter.

I've heard a whisper Everton already approached him not long after Chrimbo to replace Martinez and Rafa binned them off  :lmao:
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3952 
      Reply #8935: May 03, 2016 02:48:05 pm
      I've heard a whisper Everton already approached him not long after Chrimbo to replace Martinez and Rafa binned them off  :lmao:

Hahaha is right.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #8936: May 05, 2016 02:38:52 pm
      Doing well for the Toon now. If he keeps them up then they will love him up there.

Full respect if he can do it.

Absolutely. And he's giving it a fair crack.

He's got a team with Papiss Cisse up top getting results. Made Lascelles look BPL standard, too.

Needs a win this weekend though. Vital.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #8937: May 09, 2016 12:57:30 pm
      He's now 4 games unbeaten...and on notice of the drop.

I thought as I sat there hearing their fans celebrate their 2-2 draw against us, that parking the bus and settling for a point, rather than try to win a game they really needed to win, would eventually come back to haunt them.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,654 posts | 482 
      Reply #8938: May 09, 2016 07:54:17 pm

I thought as I sat there hearing their fans celebrate their 2-2 draw against us, that parking the bus and settling for a point, rather than try to win a game they really needed to win, would eventually come back to haunt them.
      Its getting boring now. 

Just leave this now.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #8939: May 09, 2016 08:22:32 pm

Shut up, it really has gotten pathetic now. If you think their relegation is down to Rafa then you are more of a tool than it first seemed.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #8940: May 09, 2016 09:05:38 pm

Something Newcastle hadn't managed all season until Rafa went there.

Had Newcastle/Rafa pushed for the win against us and ended up up getting beat you'd be slating him for that.

You seriously are a bad bell end.

David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,293 posts | 763 
      Reply #8941: May 09, 2016 09:24:11 pm
      Rafa a top class manager, whom nobody should slate, trying to rescue a once great club.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #8942: May 09, 2016 10:40:47 pm

F**k off you are so F***ing boring
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #8943: May 09, 2016 10:42:13 pm
      As I said before it's o.k. to have an opinion as long as it agrees with yours? Maybe we should all baa in tune, just keep a wary eye out for billythered and his new wellies.

a sh*t stirrer is a sh*t stirrer in any language and in any footwear.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #8944: May 09, 2016 10:54:17 pm

And also worth noting that a load of pundits have said if he'd come in 3-4 games earlier, he'd have kept them up.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #8945: May 09, 2016 11:04:30 pm
      a sh*t stirrer is a sh*t stirrer in any language and in any footwear.

Similarly a c**t is a c**t no matter how you try to dress it up

Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #8946: May 09, 2016 11:07:44 pm
      Similarly a c**t is a c**t no matter how you try to dress it up

That didn't work for you in court Saint, it won't work for you here. ;)

Quick Reply