Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Rafael Benitez Discussion Thread

Read 1096059 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Rafael Benitez Discussion Thread
      Reply #9200: May 26, 2016 07:32:24 am
      Get 'em Rafa!
      Mickred
      • Forum John Barnes

• 413 posts | 53 
      Good Luck to Rafa
      Reply #9201: May 26, 2016 01:23:15 pm
      Fair play to Rafa, he has taken on a massive risk to his CV and i don't think any other so called top managers would have done the same.

Could you see see maureen or Guardiola in the championship?? i think not, they will only go where success and a blank cheque is almost guaranteed.

Surely the test of a good manager is one that can first of all improve the players he has before just simply replacing them, being the easiest option if you have unlimited funds available.  As we have seen year in year out the championship is not the easiest league to get out of.  If Rafa can get Newcastle back at the first time of asking, that will be a great achievement for him in my eyes.

I would like to see maureen or Guardiola try the same, but i don't think they have the balls for it.

Good Luck Rafa !!! xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

YNWA

biki
      • Never negative about anything. Apart from LFC, Klopp, etc etc.
      • Forum John Barnes

• 419 posts | 47 
      Re: Good Luck to Rafa
      Reply #9202: May 26, 2016 01:24:26 pm
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #9203: May 26, 2016 01:29:26 pm
      F***ing hell you've done it now.

Destined for a merge.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #9204: May 26, 2016 01:30:14 pm

Why aye man! :laugh:
      Mickred
      • Forum John Barnes

• 413 posts | 53 
      Reply #9205: May 26, 2016 01:30:54 pm
      yeah, should be merged. never thought to check. ooops!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #9206: May 26, 2016 01:31:59 pm

Howay the fat Spanish waiter!
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #9207: May 26, 2016 01:38:54 pm
      Fog on the Tyne is mine oh mine...

zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,596 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #9208: May 26, 2016 01:55:08 pm
       :aaliverpool2xt1: :aaliverpool2xt1: :aaliverpool2xt1:

:couch:
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #9209: May 27, 2016 11:31:48 am
      The Geordies are going to love this man...

https://twitter.com/rafabenitezweb/status/736140801030381568
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #9210: May 27, 2016 11:44:06 am
      I F***ing love Rafa.

But that aside this is also a fascinating decision.

I'm sure all of us have seen world-class managers and wondered how they would cope in the environs of the lower leagues - we are about to find out! Ill be watching twice as much football next season  ;D
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #9211: May 27, 2016 02:08:01 pm
      I f**king love Rafa.

But that aside this is also a fascinating decision.

I'm sure all of us have seen world-class managers and wondered how they would cope in the environs of the lower leagues - we are about to find out! Ill be watching twice as much football next season  ;D

Me too. It's going to be great to see how Rafa fairs in a lower division.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #9212: May 31, 2016 09:55:56 am
      Fed up of seeing the same old sh*t posted in this thread by the same person so it's simple, until you are able to post in this thread without being a WUM and looking for a reaction off other members, the posts will be deleted. So take your childish "BREAKING NEWS BREAKING NEWS" and whatever other crap elsewhere.

This topic has nothing to do with Zidane winning the Champions Leagues or how Zidane finished the season believe it or not.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #9213: May 31, 2016 10:20:56 am
      Fed up of seeing the same old sh*t posted in this thread by the same person so it's simple, until you are able to post in this thread without being a WUM and looking for a reaction off other members, the posts will be deleted. So take your childish "BREAKING NEWS BREAKING NEWS" and whatever other crap elsewhere.

This topic has nothing to do with Zidane winning the Champions Leagues or how Zidane finished the season believe it or not.

I could have sworn there was loads of posts when Zidane first took over saying how he wasn't doing as well as Benitez, how Real Madrid had f***** up by making the change etc.

The danger is (and this is why I think the thread ought to be closed down) that we only allow debate from one side of the argument, that the thread becomes a kind of North Korea style dictatorship. LFCATW is clearly bonkers, but it's hard to imagine what kind of abuse would have been coming his way and what sort of gloating and goading would have been coming the way of anyone who's ever doubted Benitez, had he been in charge when they won it.

As it is, it's like he becomes the cat which people like to kick when things don't turn out well for their man. It's sad.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #9214: May 31, 2016 10:35:41 am
      I could have sworn there was loads of posts when Zidane first took over saying how he wasn't doing as well as Benitez, how Real Madrid had f***** up by making the change etc.

The danger is (and this is why I think the thread ought to be closed down) that we only allow debate from one side of the argument, that the thread becomes a kind of North Korea style dictatorship. LFCATW is clearly bonkers, but it's hard to imagine what kind of abuse would have been coming his way and what sort of gloating and goading would have been coming the way of anyone who's ever doubted Benitez, had he been in charge when they won it.

As it is, it's like he becomes the cat which people like to kick when things don't turn out well for their man. It's sad.

Mate it's not a case of dictatorship or anything like that. The problem is LFCATW is constantly banging the same drum to the point where it has gotten pathetic. By all means people are well within their rights to posts against Rafa, Gerrard or whoever else but when it gets to the point that it is on a constant basis with a clear agenda and knowing full well they will get a reaction is where it has to stop. We all know his opionion, there is no need to keep going on because then as always the topic just becomes a slanging match again going round in big circles of the same things time and time again. It would be a shame that the topic ends up getting locked for good all because one person.

Feel free to PM me if you have anything else to say about it.

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #9215: May 31, 2016 10:44:11 am
      Mate it's not a case of dictatorship or anything like that. The problem is LFCATW is constantly banging the same drum to the point where it has gotten pathetic. By all means people are well within their rights to posts against Rafa, Gerrard or whoever else but when it gets to the point that it is on a constant basis with a clear agenda and knowing full well they will get a reaction is where it has to stop. We all know his opionion, there is no need to keep going on because then as always the topic just becomes a slanging match again going round in big circles of the same things time and time again. It would be a shame that the topic ends up getting locked for good all because one person.

I agree mate.

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #9216: May 31, 2016 11:01:10 am

And Zidane won it playing with Rafa's style.

The difference was Ronaldo, Benzema, Isco and James etc. can't tell Zidane to F**k off and they don't want to run and defend can they? Served James and Isco right the little fuckers - James can't get a run and Isco has a spot on the bench for 70 minutes a match at a minimum. If rumours are believed, it's because Zidane doesn't know how to use them anyway and has to rely on Casemiro because he's defensive.

Seeing Ronaldo actually track back and play left back for parts of the UCL Final made me hate him even more. The cheeky c**t refused to play to Rafa's orders.

The danger is (and this is why I think the thread ought to be closed down) that we only allow debate from one side of the argument, that the thread becomes a kind of North Korea style dictatorship.

Yeah let's avoid a North Korean dictatorship by closing a thread and using censorship ???

Here's one for the hater/s:

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #9217: May 31, 2016 11:16:30 am

Yep the man who won us the CL holding the cup with Rafa  :)

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #9218: May 31, 2016 11:43:43 am
      Yep the man who won us the CL holding the cup with Rafa  :)

The man who made the man that won us the CL is holding the cup with the man that won us the CL.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #9219: May 31, 2016 11:46:49 am
      Where's Hamann in all of this, we would of won F**k all if he hadn't of come on at half-time!
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #9220: May 31, 2016 11:48:12 am
      Where's Hamann in all of this, we would of won f**k all if he hadn't of come on at half-time!

He only came on because of injury IIRC.

Don't thank any man, thank the injury, for sure.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #9221: May 31, 2016 11:50:42 am
      He only came on because of injury IIRC.

Don't thank any man, thank the injury, for sure.

Nah I thank Hamann, only player in our team who got a grip of Kaka, who was tearing us a new arsehole and running the game in the first half ;)
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #9222: May 31, 2016 11:53:43 am
      Nah I thank Hamann, only player in our team who got a grip of Kaka, who was tearing us a new arsehole and running the game in the first half ;)

As long as your not thanking Benitez for that one, I couldn't give a F**k!  :D

Quick Reply