Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

Will we get another new stadium?

Read 5761 times
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Will we get another new stadium?
      Aug 04, 2010 10:08:34 pm
      So, with the inmate arrival of new owners, will we have another new design, or stick with H&G one? Now I Like the H&G's one, but to be honest I will wish to forget they were ever here.

If we have yet another new design how long will that take? Design, planning permission and yet more delays.

What do you think we should do?

Personally I'd like a completely new one and all that is associated with H&G can be forgotten.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Will we get another new stadium?
      Reply #1: Aug 04, 2010 11:21:07 pm
      I'd like a whole new stadium designed but the design of the stadium is actually probably the only thing the Yanks have gotten right, there is no denying it looks very good but like you RP i want to forget they were ever here.

Never know the new owner might already have things in place to get a new design of the stadium. Would be great if Huang is the new owner though because there is every chance we would end up with a better design with more than a capacity of 60,000 and i expect he'd have work started on it as soon as permission is granted, should he decide on re-designing it.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,423 posts | 4581 
      Reply #2: Aug 04, 2010 11:35:51 pm
      Judging by how they built the olympic stadium in china a new design would be welcome,even so the design by the yanks was very attractive if it was to be built then it will always serve as a reminder of the dark days that were anfield under their reign.

New owners and a possible dare i say it 85,000/90,000 seater to accomodate our overseas fans ;) would be fantastic.

Just imagine what kind of opening ceremony we would have ;D
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3: Aug 05, 2010 01:17:26 am
      Judging by how they built the olympic stadium in china a new design would be welcome,even so the design by the yanks was very attractive if it was to be built then it will always serve as a reminder of the dark days that were anfield under their reign.

New owners and a possible dare I say it 85,000/90,000 seater to accomodate our overseas fans ;) would be fantastic.

Just imagine what kind of opening ceremony we would have ;D

Yes! If these Chinese guys come in let's up the ante on the stadium! And yes - as shown at the Olympics 2 years ago they know how to build incredible stadiums. In fact, in China there is no room for failure and only the very best success as shown in Chinese sport - they won't be satisfied until they are able to win every medal at the Olympics and no doubt, they won't be satisfied at Liverpool until we win every trophy!!
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #4: Aug 05, 2010 09:54:52 am
      I wouldn't mind either:

a) Keep the stadium plans we've got. £45m of our money went on them. We paid for them so they're ours, not H&G's.

or

b) A complete new re-design, but only if we have a Kop like the current design plans. It is essential and I don't want a bowl stadium which will kill the atmosphere.

Either scenario, it wouldn't hurt to see the capacity increase by a few 10,000.* :f_whistle:

*Although the surrounding area will probably play a big part in how big we can go.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 2810 
      Reply #5: Aug 05, 2010 01:19:20 pm
      I want a big Kop.

I want it to look good and unique.

I want lots of seats.

The current plans do that so I wouldn't be fussed if they were kept.
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #6: Aug 11, 2010 10:20:01 am
      I'd be happy if we just stuck with H&G's plans. It's exactly what I'd have hoped for in a stadium. High capacity, standalone Kop etc.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #7: Aug 11, 2010 07:39:53 pm
      As long as it holds 76k, it's all good ;)

Seriously though, I loved the "birds nest" it was an incredible design - and as a club we deserve something equaly incredible.

I'd sooner not have the g&h design - wipe them from the pages of Liverpool history.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #8: Aug 11, 2010 07:50:31 pm
      As long as it holds 76k, it's all good ;)

Seriously though, I loved the "birds nest" it was an incredible design - and as a club we deserve something equaly incredible.

I'd sooner not have the g&h design - wipe them from the pages of Liverpool history.
      You can't wipe away history, good or bad ! we have to learn from it not ignore it.
      They came they saw and they very nearly wiped us out, lets hope that if anything good comes  from there tenure its a well designed stadium (just needs a little inflating in my opinion !) capacity wise not cost !
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #9: Aug 11, 2010 10:11:42 pm
      just on the new stadium. if possible can we bury the 2 yanks in the foundation pls...would be nice to have a 75 k state of the art stadium with a big kop,would be amazing on a european night with a 30k seater kop
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #10: Aug 12, 2010 12:08:56 am
      I wouldn't mind either:

a) Keep the stadium plans we've got. £45m of our money went on them. We paid for them so they're ours, not H&G's.

or

b) A complete new re-design, but only if we have a Kop like the current design plans. It is essential and I don't want a bowl stadium which will kill the atmosphere.

Either scenario, it wouldn't hurt to see the capacity increase by a few 10,000.* :f_whistle:

*Although the surrounding area will probably play a big part in how big we can go.

I'm sticking by this with regards to comments about the stadium being representative of H&G.

I think we should decide as fans. It's ours. Should be our choice.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,601 posts | 3841 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #11: Aug 12, 2010 12:24:55 am
      Keep the original plans and spend the money saved on developing the surrounding area with a sports complex that could benefit the community
      The Famous Kopite
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 789 posts | -22 
      • Edinburgh to Liverpool 260miles 4 90mins worth it
      Reply #12: Aug 12, 2010 01:48:40 pm
      I would love to have a bigger stadium than the Manc . for me 70,000 Increasing to 85,000 over the years. I would like to see a stadium like some German Stadiums. 3, 2 teir stands with Boxes in Between then one massive 1 teir stand with 20,000 seats . right onto the pitch stick the away fans high up in the other stand behind the goal in the corner so the camera does'nt get them in the picture so it is all red . Stand Names THE, KOP., Bill Shankley Main Stand, will still have the padock.  Hillsborough Marmorial Stand what would be the Centenery stand at Old Anfield. over from the Main stand and the ( Anfield Road stand ) what it would be at anfield well not got a name for that yet as the away fans will be Allocated it.  ? thinking on a name for the stand .
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #13: Aug 13, 2010 12:44:56 pm
      I would love to have a bigger stadium than the Manc . for me 70,000 Increasing to 85,000 over the years. I would like to see a stadium like some German Stadiums. 3, 2 teir stands with Boxes in Between then one massive 1 teir stand with 20,000 seats . right onto the pitch stick the away fans high up in the other stand behind the goal in the corner so the camera does'nt get them in the picture so it is all red . Stand Names THE, KOP., Bill Shankley Main Stand, will still have the padock.  Hillsborough Marmorial Stand what would be the Centenery stand at Old Anfield. over from the Main stand and the ( Anfield Road stand ) what it would be at anfield well not got a name for that yet as the away fans will be Allocated it.  ? thinking on a name for the stand .

The sh*t munchers stand?
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,203 posts | 914 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #14: Aug 14, 2010 03:28:50 pm
      Keep the original plans and spend the money saved on developing the surrounding area with a sports complex that could benefit the community
      I am with you on that one
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #15: Aug 14, 2010 07:15:43 pm

150,000 capacity stadium would be nice, Stick in a 30,000 people Kop at one end.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #16: Aug 14, 2010 07:55:07 pm

150,000 capacity stadium would be nice, Stick in a 30,000 people Kop at one end.
      Would probably fill it to, on big match days.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,203 posts | 914 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #17: Aug 15, 2010 07:32:36 pm
      Have we still got planning permission ?.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #18: Aug 15, 2010 09:33:07 pm
      Have we still got planning permission ?.

Yes, as far as I remember the planning permission goes on for a few years more.
      Inner-City
      • Forum Youth Player

• 17 posts |
      Reply #19: Aug 24, 2010 11:14:44 am
      Yes, as far as I remember the planning permission goes on for a few years more.

PP is only for a 60,000 seater. The club wants 73,000, so new application. They insist on a rapid-transit rail station on the Canada Dock Branch Line.  They should have insisted on one for 60,000 as the area is creaking right now under the strain, never mind another 20,000 on the streets.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #20: Aug 24, 2010 03:12:17 pm
      I thought the PP was for 60k plus the option to expand ?
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,345 posts | 1620 
      Reply #21: Aug 24, 2010 05:49:19 pm
      If it came down to money no object i would ditch the plans only because i want no reminder of them pair of pricks left we have been stained enough by them pair.
      Inner-City
      • Forum Youth Player

• 17 posts |
      Reply #22: Aug 24, 2010 06:01:15 pm
      I thought the PP was for 60k plus the option to expand ?

Expansion requires LFC buildings a rapid-transit rail station. It should have been stipulated anyhow.  LFC have everything to gain by building one even if the stadium is 60,000.

Quick Reply