Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

The Topic With No Real Subject

Read 893071 times
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Re: The Topic With No Real Subject
      Reply #15226: Jun 09, 2014 03:41:18 pm
      Ruud van Nistelrooy, Gilberto Silva, Steve McManaman and Michael Ballack just came to the Accreditation Centre where I'm working... while I was in a meeting with FIFA.

So frustrating! I wanted to meet Macca in particular :(

Well, at least Alan Hansen is supposed to be coming here next week.

Hope all is going well with the job Diego and I'm sure you'll have plenty of occasions in the coming weeks to be a "fanboy"  :D
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #15227: Jun 09, 2014 04:03:36 pm
      Hope all is going well with the job Diego and I'm sure you'll have plenty of occasions in the coming weeks to be a "fanboy"  :D

Yes, all is going well here. The meeting I was in this morning is actually quite important - all heads of departments from the organising committee as well as FIFA. I'm not a head of department but my manager is traveling so he asked me to attend in his place. So in the past week or so I've been right in the middle of everything, and it's awesome ;D
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #15228: Jun 09, 2014 04:10:15 pm
      Yes, all is going well here. The meeting I was in this morning is actually quite important - all heads of departments from the organising committee as well as FIFA. I'm not a head of department but my manager is traveling so he asked me to attend in his place. So in the past week or so I've been right in the middle of everything, and it's awesome ;D

That's fantastic mate.  Better to be in the thick of it rather than loitering round the edges.

Are you based in Rio?  Just watching the England squad at their first training session, it looks absolutely beautiful right next to the beach.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #15229: Jun 09, 2014 04:25:12 pm
      That's fantastic mate.  Better to be in the thick of it rather than loitering round the edges.

Are you based in Rio?  Just watching the England squad at their first training session, it looks absolutely beautiful right next to the beach.

Yep, I'm in Rio. England are located in a beautiful place, São Conrado. I saw a few pictures of the players walking around the beach, pretty cool ;D Hendo was one of them.

By the way, I managed to get tickets for Costa Rica vs England. I'm still not sure if I'll be able to make it as the game is in Belo Horizonte, but I hope I will.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #15230: Jun 09, 2014 05:37:38 pm
      Yep, I'm in Rio. England are located in a beautiful place, São Conrado. I saw a few pictures of the players walking around the beach, pretty cool ;D Hendo was one of them.

By the way, I managed to get tickets for Costa Rica vs England. I'm still not sure if I'll be able to make it as the game is in Belo Horizonte, but I hope I will.

That would be a shame to miss it if you've got tickets but I guess you'll be very busy with work.  I've no idea where Belo Horizonte is in relation to Rio but I know Brazil is a huge country, so it'll not be a quick bus journey to get there  ;D
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #15231: Jun 09, 2014 07:09:35 pm
      That would be a shame to miss it if you've got tickets but I guess you'll be very busy with work.  I've no idea where Belo Horizonte is in relation to Rio but I know Brazil is a huge country, so it'll not be a quick bus journey to get there  ;D

Just googled it, 6 and a half hours!! :laugh:

Well in Diego by the way, hope you have a ball for the whole tournament! ;D
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #15232: Jun 09, 2014 07:46:10 pm
      Just googled it, 6 and a half hours!! :laugh:

Well in Diego by the way, hope you have a ball for the whole tournament! ;D

Thought it would be hours mate but is that by bus or plane?
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #15233: Jun 09, 2014 08:21:45 pm
      Thought it would be hours mate but is that by bus or plane?

That's by bus supposedly. :laugh:
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #15234: Jun 09, 2014 09:12:07 pm

That's a long journey for a footy match but then it's not every year the WC comes to your own country.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #15235: Jun 10, 2014 12:17:15 pm
      That's a long journey for a footy match but then it's not every year the WC comes to your own country.

Exactly! I did just that (got a bus to and from Belo Horizonte on the same day) to watch the Confederations Cup semifinal (Brazil vs Uruguay) last year.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #15236: Jun 10, 2014 01:13:11 pm
      Exactly! I did just that (got a bus to and from Belo Horizonte on the same day) to watch the Confederations Cup semifinal (Brazil vs Uruguay) last year.

Ha, it's not like a long journey would put you off though Diego.  How many League Clubs and games did you make it to when you were in the UK?

Have to say though mate that was a pretty tasty match you got to.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,000 posts | 3951 
      Reply #15237: Jun 11, 2014 05:30:46 pm
      Just back from Skiathos in Greece and the lack of manc shirts over there was a joy to behold. Did see one in the fortnight we were over there but that's all the fine weather could produce.
      The Greek cabby at the airport had an LFC shirt on and there were loads of Greek kids with Suarez shirts on.
      We were on the beach having a bevvy and some well spoken English fella came over asking me if I worked for Standard Chartered for obvious reasons, 'cos his son worked in their head office in Dubai....... he was serious!!!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #15238: Jun 12, 2014 02:42:06 pm
      Just met Danny Murphy here at the Accreditation Centre. He didn't look very friendly but he didn't object to taking a photo with one volunteer who asked for it.
      Coincidentally, I was wearing a Liverpool jacket so I said "I seem to be wearing the right one", to which he smiled ;D
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,000 posts | 3951 
      Reply #15239: Jun 12, 2014 03:05:05 pm
      Just met Danny Murphy here at the Accreditation Centre. He didn't look very friendly but he didn't object to taking a photo with one volunteer who asked for it.
      Coincidentally, I was wearing a Liverpool jacket so I said "I seem to be wearing the right one", to which he smiled ;D

He always was a miserable b***ard mate - did the job tho'.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,384 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #15240: Jun 13, 2014 04:21:04 pm
      He always was a miserable b***ard mate - did the job tho'.

he has got that sort of face
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #15241: Jun 16, 2014 06:04:37 pm
      Anyone like the band The Specials?

If you do then don't!! Went to the Isle of Wight Festival at the weekend and they were playing Saturday and they constantly kept saying "3 boo's if you hate Luis Suarez", "Boo if you can't stand Luis Suarez", "All boo Luis Suarez" and so on. Why?! F***ing tossers. I was right in the front couple of rows so took great delight in singing Luis Suarez' song and cheering his name at every oppurtunity as well as giving them sh*t. 

Tossers.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,000 posts | 3951 
      Reply #15242: Jun 16, 2014 06:26:22 pm

If you do then don't!! Went to the Isle of Wight Festival at the weekend and they were playing Saturday and they constantly kept saying "3 boo's if you hate Luis Suarez", "Boo if you can't stand Luis Suarez", "All boo Luis Suarez" and so on. Why?! F***ing tossers. I was right in the front couple of rows so took great delight in singing Luis Suarez' song and cheering his name at every oppurtunity as well as giving them sh*t. 

Tossers.

Don't know F**k all about football, Chelsea supporters no doubt.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #15243: Jun 20, 2014 01:40:10 pm
      Parquet flooring, anyone got some laid down In their home?.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,000 posts | 3951 
      Reply #15244: Jun 20, 2014 01:44:10 pm
      Parquet flooring, anyone got some laid down In their home?.

You doing it yourself mate?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #15245: Jun 21, 2014 09:21:03 pm
      Hate that moronic goalface sh*te  on ITV sport Twitter feed
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #15246: Jun 21, 2014 09:36:45 pm

Tossers.

I love The Specials and honestly couldn't care less about this :D I mean, I certainly won't stop listening to them because they dislike Luis Suarez.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #15247: Jun 25, 2014 03:10:29 pm
      I just met Gerard Houllier. I told him I was a Liverpool fan and he asked me if I was enjoying the World Cup. I said "yes, very much", to which he replied: "Brazil will win the World Cup". Now I'm way more confident ;D
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,000 posts | 3951 
      Reply #15248: Jun 25, 2014 03:16:37 pm
      I just met Gerard Houllier. I told him I was a Liverpool fan and he asked me if I was enjoying the World Cup. I said "yes, very much", to which he replied: "Brazil will win the World Cup". Now I'm way more confident ;D

How is Gerard looking mate?

Quick Reply