Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

The Topic With No Real Subject

Read 894040 times
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Re: The Topic With No Real Subject
      Reply #15709: Sep 30, 2016 06:43:35 am
      It's been fine so far, classes are good but ideally I should have arrived at least a week before, so I could look for apartments without having to attend classes. As it is now, I don't want to miss anything of my course so I've been left with little time to look for places.

I did find one decent place for an apparently decent price right in the city centre, but I'm struggling with payment methods. They want me to pay online but I don't have a credit card with the amount required, and I'm still not able to open a bank account here. I have part of the sum in cash which they don't want. It sucks.

I'm almost asking for a colleague in the course here to pay with his debit card and I'll give him the cash, but I don't want to ask someone I've just met this... well at least not yet. Let's see if I can find a solution tomorrow!

One thing I'm a bit worried is that the studio I found is in Stanley Street, which is quite busy and apparently noisy at night. The room is in the 4th floor and has double gazing, but it still worries me a little...

Didn't know you were here, welcome. When I get over to town I will ask my business partner if he can advise or ask any of his ex Uni friends for any recommendations.

For somebody looking in from the out Stanley Street seems like a choice that I wouldn't go with if I'm being honest. Think you can definitely choose wiser with a bit of patience.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #15710: Sep 30, 2016 09:33:47 am
      Didn't know you were here, welcome. When I get over to town I will ask my business partner if he can advise or ask any of his ex Uni friends for any recommendations.

For somebody looking in from the out Stanley Street seems like a choice that I wouldn't go with if I'm being honest. Think you can definitely choose wiser with a bit of patience.

The problem is I desperately need a place and haven't had the time to see many places. This one is a decent studio for a decent price right in middle of the city centre. It's not ideal but it also has the advantage of being able to move in pretty soon. The missus is arriving on Monday and I'm afraid of having no roof before she comes!
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      Reply #15711: Sep 30, 2016 09:53:12 am
      The problem is I desperately need a place and haven't had the time to see many places. This one is a decent studio for a decent price right in middle of the city centre. It's not ideal but it also has the advantage of being able to move in pretty soon. The missus is arriving on Monday and I'm afraid of having no roof before she comes!

Ahh, in that case go for it mate. Suppose the location is good as it's central but as you said very busy of a weekend. Gay district as well so no worries about the Mrs' head getting turned 😉.

Where have you been staying in the meantime?
      MsGerrard
      Reply #15712: Sep 30, 2016 10:54:06 am
      It's been fine so far, classes are good but ideally I should have arrived at least a week before, so I could look for apartments without having to attend classes. As it is now, I don't want to miss anything of my course so I've been left with little time to look for places.

I did find one decent place for an apparently decent price right in the city centre, but I'm struggling with payment methods. They want me to pay online but I don't have a credit card with the amount required, and I'm still not able to open a bank account here. I have part of the sum in cash which they don't want. It sucks.

I'm almost asking for a colleague in the course here to pay with his debit card and I'll give him the cash, but I don't want to ask someone I've just met this... well at least not yet. Let's see if I can find a solution tomorrow!

One thing I'm a bit worried is that the studio I found is in Stanley Street, which is quite busy and apparently noisy at night. The room is in the 4th floor and has double gazing, but it still worries me a little...

Glad your here and safe Diego, will hopefully meet up with you again over the next few weeks, hope you find somewhere more suitable to live as well, take care xx
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      Reply #15713: Sep 30, 2016 06:20:43 pm
      Told the business partner about your plight Diego and he basically suggested the obvious things that you've no doubt already done.

He runs a football club called Alumni FC so the first words he (excitedly) blurted out after hearing a couple of sentences including the words 'Brazillian' and 'Just moved to Liverpool from Brazil' were: "Can he play footy?" :D
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,632 posts | 6940 
      Reply #15714: Oct 06, 2016 10:30:26 pm
      And on the white?

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      Reply #15715: Oct 06, 2016 10:38:35 pm
      I don't understand the last two posts but they have freaked me out a little.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #15716: Oct 07, 2016 12:04:10 am

Look closer and you see a different shade of white border..

To add I've also had a very strange serene day today...
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #15717: Oct 07, 2016 12:10:32 am

Look closer and you see a different shade of white border..

Or hold the left button on your mouse and drag it over the picture, very easy to see then.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #15718: Oct 07, 2016 07:26:42 am

Very funny video
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      Reply #15719: Oct 07, 2016 08:04:52 am
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      Reply #15720: Oct 07, 2016 12:21:55 pm
      :)
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #15721: Oct 07, 2016 01:57:44 pm

So like your home away from home then WAHS? :D
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      Reply #15722: Oct 07, 2016 02:16:09 pm
      So like your home away from home then WAHS? :D

1 minute walk from my office in Exchange Flags.

5 minutes walk back. John Wayne type walk.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #15723: Oct 09, 2016 09:41:22 pm
      I must have some sort of anger issues relating to sport. Whenever Liverpool or Baltimore Ravens (NFL team) put in a sh*t performance and lose a game they should definitely be winning I end up raging inside. Sometimes these forums don't help as I end up sharing that rage in ways that don't reflect the kind of person I usually am :D, sometimes it helps get it out though.

The Baltimore head coach is like a managerial twin of Brendan Rodgers. If one part of the team puts in a piss poor performance or if the manager/head coach himself shows how inept he is during the game then the weird excuses come out, "great character, we just have to play better, we have to make sure we get the win in future, I thought we played well for the most part, we deserved more from the game, I made the best call possible at that stage of the game" etc. 
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #15724: Oct 09, 2016 11:18:24 pm
      So I've been in this city for two weeks now (completed tomorrow) and only met one forum member so far! This is unacceptable. When am I going to see my scouse friends again?! Would love to meet some new faces as well.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #15725: Oct 09, 2016 11:21:14 pm
      Told the business partner about your plight Diego and he basically suggested the obvious things that you've no doubt already done.

He runs a football club called Alumni FC so the first words he (excitedly) blurted out after hearing a couple of sentences including the words 'Brazillian' and 'Just moved to Liverpool from Brazil' were: "Can he play footy?" :D

Haha he would be sadly disappointed! I'm awful.
      We have a team of the MBA students which competes in the university tournament. They're currently in the 2nd division (the class before ours got relegated) so we have the mission to bring them up again. If they depend on me, however, they won't stand much of a chance. Haha

I've signed up for the team just for fun but I'm really not a very good footballer. I think that's why I obsess with all other aspects of football - never stood a chance on the field! :D

Oh and in the end, I decided to live in Stanley Street. My friends love the fact there is a gay rainbow on my street's plaque but I really like the central location! Cavern Club only 1 minute away, the docks are nearby, Argos, multiple supermarkets, the best shopping centers and all that. Weekends are a bit noisy but I'll learn to live with it - my home in Rio was also in a quite noisy street, so that's nothing too new. The studio flat is a decent option for a student as well.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #15726: Oct 09, 2016 11:28:36 pm
      So I've been in this city for two weeks now (completed tomorrow) and only met one forum member so far! This is unacceptable. When am I going to see my scouse friends again?! Would love to meet some new faces as well.

If only I lived in Liverpool mate :D.

Great to hear that you've settled properly now too.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      Reply #15727: Oct 10, 2016 12:47:33 am
      Haha he would be sadly disappointed! I'm awful.
      We have a team of the MBA students which competes in the university tournament. They're currently in the 2nd division (the class before ours got relegated) so we have the mission to bring them up again. If they depend on me, however, they won't stand much of a chance. Haha

I've signed up for the team just for fun but I'm really not a very good footballer. I think that's why I obsess with all other aspects of football - never stood a chance on the field! :D

Oh and in the end, I decided to live in Stanley Street. My friends love the fact there is a gay rainbow on my street's plaque but I really like the central location! Cavern Club only 1 minute away, the docks are nearby, Argos, multiple supermarkets, the best shopping centers and all that. Weekends are a bit noisy but I'll learn to live with it - my home in Rio was also in a quite noisy street, so that's nothing too new. The studio flat is a decent option for a student as well.

Know exactly where are you mate. Really hope you enjoy your time in the city. How have you and Mrs settled?

I have an office on Exchange Flags (back of Town Hall) so we will definitely have to have a drink or three one afternoon.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #15728: Oct 10, 2016 06:35:03 pm

I'll see you next Monday Diego  ;D have you got your ticket from Allan yet?
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #15729: Oct 10, 2016 06:36:47 pm
      I'll see you next Monday Diego  ;D have you got your ticket from Allan yet?

No, it's not confirmed yet, fingers crossed though! Really dying to watch this game! Looking forward to seeing you again too
      MsGerrard
      Reply #15730: Oct 10, 2016 06:41:18 pm
      No, it's not confirmed yet, fingers crossed though! Really dying to watch this game! Looking forward to seeing you again too

He'll come good, he won't let you down, it's been a while since we met, looking forward to hearing your scouse accent  :lmao:
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,349 posts | 1622 
      Reply #15731: Oct 12, 2016 07:52:39 am
      Know exactly where are you mate. Really hope you enjoy your time in the city. How have you and Mrs settled?

I have an office on Exchange Flags (back of Town Hall) so we will definitely have to have a drink or three one afternoon.

Well you can make a date boxing day , you will be sat next to each other .

Quick Reply