Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 19th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P21 W11 D8 L2

Most underrated and overrated solo/bands

Read 31401 times
      Kopite78
      Re: Most underrated and overrated solo/bands
      Reply #46: Feb 09, 2019 09:57:24 pm
      What a thread this was, just read through it :D

Most overrated band, that I absolutely can’t stabd is U2. Bono always holding a candle to something and their music is generic crap (in my opinion).

Oh and Muse are brilliant live!

I'm with you.
      U2 are utter utter sh*te
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,141 posts | 1619 
      Reply #47: Feb 10, 2019 03:08:27 am
      Call me a parishioner at the church of U2! Not even Bono's comical politicking can get in the way of me adoring so many of their albums although I fear that such stunts have got in the way of their legacy which in my view is bloody great. The Edge - OH MY! If ever a man painted landscapes with his guitar it was Edge circa 1984 on The Unforgettable Fire - such a beautiful album of space and blended sounds! And then there was the chainsaw buzz and agony he provided on Achtung Baby which makes that one of the most satisfying albums I've ever listened to!

Underrated acts? I liked the shout for Tears for Fears above. Good call. Very good call!

Overrated? Kasabian. Lad rock, Soccer AM bullshit complete with their very own 'build your own rock guitarist' walking cliche that is Serge Pizzorno. As for Tom Meighan? Not a very good singer. Not good at all.

I knew you’d be in the defend U2 FMS :D

Good shout on Kasabian, load of sh*te.

Another overrated one, Red Hot Chili Peppers. Few decent songs but nothing special and stand out really.

Underrated, The Temper Trap. Saw them live a few years ago and really love their stuff.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,959 posts | 3943 
      Reply #48: Feb 10, 2019 11:50:25 am
      Quite amazed to see the comments about Kasabian, seen many live bands but Kasabian ranks with the best.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #49: Feb 10, 2019 12:18:55 pm
      Guns N Roses are one of the greatest rock bands of all time.. I would even go as far as to say THE GREATEST. What you reckon guys?

seriously? better than AC/DC, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Led Zeppelin, Ronnie James Dio, Black Sabbath, Van Halen? not even in the top 10. They had one good album with a few good songs then went downhill from there.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,333 posts | 3360 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #50: Feb 10, 2019 12:25:47 pm
      Overrated: the stone roses, without shadow of a doubt. Seen ian brown live and he was quite a character but all that baggy arsed sh*t, it's a no from me
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #51: Feb 10, 2019 06:16:25 pm
      Overrated: the stone roses, without shadow of a doubt. Seen ian brown live and he was quite a character but all that baggy arsed sh*t, it's a no from me

Bang on. I came to that view when I watched a truly dull and uninspiring documentary of them that was directed by Shane Meadows. 'There is nothing to this lot' I thought. Their comeback only revealed to me what a myth they were. Endless shows of playing the same album over and over again. Don't get me wrong, their debut has some great moments (like the first half of I Am The Resurrection only for it to be ruined by a non sensical and self indulgent second half) but that album in itself is way overrated with enough throwaway on it to be considered just so. This is the One - what a load of sh*t that song is and not just because the Mancs walk out to it.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #52: Feb 10, 2019 08:34:16 pm
      I quite like the Stone Roses, but the status they have in the UK really feels way over the top. They were good, not legendary or anything. I'm amazed they can sell out Wembley these days.

I also like Kasabian though I can understand why some people won't. They're so much fun live, though. I'd definitely watch them again.

I think this guy is underrated:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mW3RQDfrb6s

I hadn't listened to Ben Kweller in years until a friend mentioned him days ago and I got back to listen to it. His album Sha Sha is fantastic. I can leave it on repeat while I work and not get tired of it.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #53: Feb 11, 2019 09:36:14 pm
      They were more prominent in the early 00s but I always thought Idlewild were a superb band. American English is a wonderful song especially - great melody. Roddy Woomble has turned in a great solo career as well, including some fine Scottish folk albums.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMQJvubE01Q
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,333 posts | 3360 
      Reply #54: Feb 11, 2019 09:48:51 pm
      They were more prominent in the early 00s but I always thought Idlewild were a superb band. American English is a wonderful song especially - great melody. Roddy Woomble has turned in a great solo career as well, including some fine Scottish folk albums.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMQJvubE01Q

Loved them back in the day, tempted to go and dig out 100 broken windows etc
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,333 posts | 3360 
      Reply #55: Feb 13, 2019 12:39:50 am
      https://youtu.be/GkIZXKJmZ38

One of my favourite songs by one of my favourite bands
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #56: Nov 12, 2019 06:04:52 pm
      Over rated Frank Turner.just listening to him on the radio,meh.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,948 posts | 3330 
      Reply #57: Nov 03, 2023 02:13:48 pm
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,912 posts | 8429 
      Reply #58: Nov 04, 2023 02:04:41 pm

Quick Reply