Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

La Liga

Read 356016 times
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Re: La Liga
      Reply #1564: Jun 13, 2016 02:52:25 pm
      JESUS ON THE RISE

Barcelona have an agreement in place to sign Palmeiras striker Gabriel Jesus, according to Mundo Deportivo.

Jesus scored 13 goals in his first season and won the best newcomer award in the Brazilian Serie A.

The Spanish champions are reportedly set to sign the 19-year-old for €24 million.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Reply #1565: Jun 29, 2016 02:17:05 am
      Argentinian Jorge Sampaoli appointed on two-year contract to replace Unai Emery at Sevilla.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #1566: Jul 06, 2016 12:00:29 pm
      Messi found guilty of tax fraud.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36721892
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1567: Jul 06, 2016 05:46:39 pm
      Cristiano for Italian magazine ‘Undici’: "Where would I rate myself amongst the top players of the last twenty years? Thinking positively, then I believe with what I’ve achieved, I’m the best of the lot." :lmao:

https://twitter.com/GeniusFootball/status/741714608189243392

I'm no big fan of the guy but in my opinion only Messi stands above him.
      He's easily better, and has been at the top for a much longer period of time, than Fat Ronaldo or Ronaldinho - especially Ronaldinho, whose time in the spotlight was short lived and in many respects extremely overrated.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1568: Jul 06, 2016 06:35:39 pm
      He's easily better, and has been at the top for a much longer period of time, than Fat Ronaldo or Ronaldinho - especially Ronaldinho, whose time in the spotlight was short lived and in many respects extremely overrated.

As much as I hate to say it, I have to agree with you. I think Neymar can over take Ronaldo, but Messi... not sure tbh.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1569: Jul 07, 2016 12:11:35 am

I agree he's ahead of Ronaldinho but not the original Ronaldo. He burst onto the scene and delivered from the off, delivered when it matters on the international side of things too. Ronaldo was around in a time it wasn't all that common for so many players to be hitting 30, 40 goals season after season and he was massively hampered by his injuries. Cristiano has already played more game than him and will probably have played an extra 250+ more games by the end of his career. Ronaldo has a better goal ratio through his career at a quick glance, certainly on the international side of things anyway.

Ronaldo was a phenomenal player and a team player too, something Cristiano never has been and never will be.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1570: Jul 07, 2016 12:41:27 am
      I agree he's ahead of Ronaldinho but not the original Ronaldo. He burst onto the scene and delivered from the off, delivered when it matters on the international side of things too. Ronaldo was around in a time it wasn't all that common for so many players to be hitting 30, 40 goals season after season and he was massively hampered by his injuries. Cristiano has already played more game than him and will probably have played an extra 250+ more games by the end of his career. Ronaldo has a better goal ratio through his career at a quick glance, certainly on the international side of things anyway.

Ronaldo was a phenomenal player and a team player too, something Cristiano never has been and never will be.

The Fat Ronaldo only won one league title in his whole career, the rest of his club titles were all minor cups.
      As for "delivering" on the international stage, well, he's had much more help too, hasn't he?
      In 1994 he didn't even play. And in 2002, he had Rivaldo and Ronaldinho by his side. Rivaldo who, by the way, was for me the best player of that competition. In the epic failure of 2006, he had Kaká, Ronaldinho and Adriano. He never had to play with Quaresma.

He was also much more of an out and out striker than Cristiano Ronaldo, so one would expect a higher goalscoring ratio. Cristiano Ronaldo frequently - and especially earlier in his career - have to play wide, while Ronaldo was always on the shoulders of the last defender. Even so, CR's career goal per game ratio is superior to that of Ronaldo.

I don't know why Ronaldo was supposedly a team player while CR isn't. I'm not a big fan of CR's style either but he works his ass off and his movement is sensational. I've seen the fat Ronaldo laugh on tv about the fact that, when he was in Real Madrid, the coaches frequently told him he was the player who covered the least ground in the team - he says "but I scored goals so they had to keep me in the team". That's not exactly a team player, it's just a very talented one.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1571: Jul 07, 2016 12:46:32 am
      The Fat Ronaldo only won one league title in his whole career, the rest of his club titles were all minor cups.
      As for "delivering" on the international stage, well, he's had much more help too, hasn't he?
      In 1994 he didn't even play. And in 2002, he had Rivaldo and Ronaldinho by his side. Rivaldo who, by the way, was for me the best player of that competition. In the epic failure of 2006, he had Kaká, Ronaldinho and Adriano. He never had to play with Quaresma.

He was also much more of an out and out striker than Cristiano Ronaldo, so one would expect a higher goalscoring ratio. Cristiano Ronaldo frequently - and especially earlier in his career - have to play wide, while Ronaldo was always on the shoulders of the last defender. Even so, CR's career goal per game ratio is superior to that of Ronaldo.

I don't know why Ronaldo was supposedly a team player while CR isn't. I'm not a big fan of CR's style either but he works his ass off and his movement is sensational. I've seen the fat Ronaldo laugh on tv about the fact that, when he was in Real Madrid, the coaches frequently told him he was the player who covered the least ground in the team - he says "but I scored goals so they had to keep me in the team". That's not exactly a team player, it's just a very talented one.

How and why did Rivaldo fair do averagely when he signed for AC Milan after that World Cup?

He nearly signed for Bolton under Allardyce as well didn't he? Rivaldo and Allardyce - an unlikely double act!
      Red John
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 390 posts | 127 
      Reply #1572: Jul 07, 2016 09:14:30 pm
      He thinks he is better than Messi which makes him deluded tw*t IMO. I do agree he has better career achievements than some of the players you mentioned.   
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #1573: Jul 09, 2016 01:33:23 am
      Does anyone know when the la liga fixtures are out?my go to site has nowt listed at the moment.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,384 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1574: Jul 09, 2016 11:13:59 am
      Does anyone know when the la liga fixtures are out?my go to site has nowt listed at the moment.

thursday 21st july
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #1575: Jul 09, 2016 04:08:30 pm
      Cheers mate,looking forward to see who the mighty Eibar get opening day.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1576: Jul 12, 2016 09:18:15 pm
      Madrid's 23 year old Lucas Silva was said to be retiring the other day due to an irregular heart beat that was picked up by Sporting ahead of a loan move. Said he has no plans to retire though. It's Loic Remy part 2.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1577: Jul 30, 2016 01:46:08 pm
      Just saw that Gameiro signed for Atletico Madrid! Very very good move for both, he'll fit right in!
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #1578: Sep 20, 2016 10:36:10 pm
      So Valencia dumped Pako Ayestaran after they started the season with 4 straight losses. He's only been in charge since March!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1579: Sep 21, 2016 04:22:30 am
      So Valencia dumped Pako Ayestaran after they started the season with 4 straight losses. He's only been in charge since March!

8 defeats in 12 games though if I'm not mistaken!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #1580: Sep 21, 2016 09:51:54 am
      Real v Villareal and Atletico v Barca in about 10 and 12 hours respectively.

Not a bad midweek double header.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1581: Sep 21, 2016 12:20:10 pm
      Real v Villareal and Atletico v Barca in about 10 and 12 hours respectively.

Not a bad midweek double header.

Is that league or cup?
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1582: Sep 21, 2016 01:28:17 pm
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #1583: Sep 21, 2016 04:16:16 pm
      8 defeats in 12 games though if I'm not mistaken!

Yep, 3-8-1 record. That's exceptionally abysmal.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #1584: Oct 02, 2016 08:18:04 pm
      Barca 2-0 down at Celta.

Iago bloody Aspas gets the second.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #1585: Oct 02, 2016 08:19:11 pm
      3-0! Hahahaha own goal.
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #1586: Oct 02, 2016 08:21:59 pm
      This is unbelievable. Haven't seen Barca beaten this badly since... Well, since we hammered them at Wembley.

Quick Reply