Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

The Walking Dead

Read 17294 times
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      The Walking Dead
      Sep 01, 2010 05:42:10 pm
      I'm really looking forward to this new series which starts October 31st. The Walking Dead is based on an awesome comicbook series and it's directed by Frank Darabont, he also directed The Green Mile, The Shawshank Redemption and more recently The Mist. It's already been renewed for a 2nd season.

The Walking Dead - 2010 Season Trailer [HD]
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Re: The Walking Dead
      Reply #1: Sep 01, 2010 08:07:31 pm
      Heard of this, first trailer ive seen - looks F***ing brilliant! Cheers for putting that up!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #2: Sep 01, 2010 08:33:14 pm
      Can't wait for that.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Reply #3: Sep 01, 2010 09:45:54 pm
      Looks F***ing quality.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #4: Nov 01, 2010 06:49:45 pm
      Bump.

So i DVR'd the first episode last night and just watched it - F***ing AWESOME.

Who else has watched it, or plan to watch it? Get on it!
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #5: Nov 01, 2010 06:58:08 pm
      I'll be watching it later tonight mate. ;)
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #6: Nov 01, 2010 07:03:02 pm
      Awesome ;D Look forward to seeing what you think!
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #7: Nov 01, 2010 07:06:56 pm
      Just about to watch it now.  Can't wait, every review has been positive.  I F***ing love zombies. ;D
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #8: Nov 02, 2010 12:15:03 am
      Awesome first episode! I was afraid when seeing the trailer for the first time that it covered alot of the first season, but it just shows stuff from the first episode. I'm really going to enjoy this one!
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #9: Nov 02, 2010 01:47:49 am
      Awesome first episode! I was afraid when seeing the trailer for the first time that it covered alot of the first season, but it just shows stuff from the first episode. I'm really going to enjoy this one!

Great isn't it! I was hooked after 5 minutes, knew it was gonna be good. Gonna watch it again later tonight and make the missus watch :D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Reply #10: Nov 05, 2010 10:06:47 pm
      Just started now in the Uk on FX, seen the trailers a couple of times and was convinced I'd seen the lead actor in something before.

I was right, it's Egg from This Life. A English actor from Manchester called Andrew Lincoln, can stlll hear a manc twang when he's speaking yank in The Walking Dead.

Anyway off to watch the rest of the opening episode.
      Dave70
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,536 posts | 76 
      Reply #11: Nov 06, 2010 12:52:28 am
      Just started now in the Uk on FX,

F**k! Been looking forward to watching this for the past month or so. Only just remembered it started earlier tonight.  :mad:

Anyone know if FX are repeating the episodes on another day? Heard nothing but good reviews about this program.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Reply #12: Nov 06, 2010 02:17:18 pm
      F**k! Been looking forward to watching this for the past month or so. Only just remembered it started earlier tonight.  :mad:

Anyone know if FX are repeating the episodes on another day? Heard nothing but good reviews about this program.

It is, Sunday night 10pm.
      « Last Edit: Nov 07, 2010 01:11:20 pm by HUYTON RED »
      Dave70
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,536 posts | 76 
      Reply #13: Nov 07, 2010 10:04:02 pm
      Cheers mate, just watching it now.

As for Andrew Lincoln, I remember seeing before as well, only it was in Teachers on C4 a few years back.
      « Last Edit: Nov 07, 2010 10:13:37 pm by Dave70x »
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #14: Nov 08, 2010 11:48:33 am
      Just watched the second episode, and whilst not as good as the pilot, was still pretty good.  Had more of a 'Dawn of the Dead' feeling to it in this one.

When the zombie apocalypse does come, we can't say we won't be prepared. ;)
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #15: Nov 08, 2010 05:38:08 pm
      Got that DVR'd ready to watch, looking forward to it ;D
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #16: Nov 08, 2010 07:05:03 pm
      Only saw the title on my phone and thought it was a Mancini at City article. Must get this recorded. Love zombie movies.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #17: Nov 09, 2010 03:38:03 pm
      Loved the 2nd episode! Great show.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #18: Nov 09, 2010 03:45:30 pm
      I watched it too, was pissing myself laughing when he shot the gun in the tank, I've recorded it on sky plus too, I'm gona hook my lappy up to the sky rip it off and transfer the whole series to disk to keep. :D
      Brooklyn Red
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #19: Nov 10, 2010 11:41:26 am
      They were advertising this heavily for a while and I finally got around to watching the pilot last night. Really enjoying what I've seen so far. Everything I've read in interviews, reviews, etc point to this being a really well made show. Doesn't hurt that the wife and I are zombie lovers.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #20: Nov 10, 2010 05:24:11 pm
      They were advertising this heavily for a while and I finally got around to watching the pilot last night. Really enjoying what I've seen so far. Everything I've read in interviews, reviews, etc point to this being a really well made show. Doesn't hurt that the wife and I are zombie lovers.

Same for me too, i think i was always gonna like it being a zombie lover :D

However, the fact this show actually made me watch the pilot again before i had to delete it from the DVR i think is testament to how good its made.
      Brooklyn Red
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #21: Nov 10, 2010 05:48:20 pm
      However, the fact this show actually made me watch the pilot again before I had to delete it from the DVR I think is testament to how good its made.

Unfortunately, it had to go. The dvr is a well-oiled machine in our house. If allowed to sit too long, it fills up (everything's HD).  :D I did however save the Chelsea match from the other night. ;)

A English actor from Manchester called Andrew Lincoln, can stlll hear a manc twang when he's speaking yank in The Walking Dead.

Because you mentioned it, I was trying to hear it the whole episode. I have to admit I couldn't catch the accent. If anything, I thought the guy who played his partner was terrible. He was articulating too hard while speaking with a southern accent. He didn't pull it off at all and while he was dialoguing I just felt like he was acting. I hope his brains get eaten quicker than not.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Reply #22: Nov 11, 2010 04:59:03 pm
      Because you mentioned it, I was trying to hear it the whole episode. I have to admit I couldn't catch the accent. If anything, I thought the guy who played his partner was terrible. He was articulating too hard while speaking with a southern accent. He didn't pull it off at all and while he was dialoguing I just felt like he was acting. I hope his brains get eaten quicker than not.

It's just occasional words that he says, especially at the start of the the first episode.

As for his partner, knocking his missus off, you know he's definitely going to become a zombie and get killed!!

Quick Reply