Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

The Walking Dead

Read 17197 times
      Bier
      Re: The Walking Dead
      Reply #46: Oct 17, 2011 03:34:20 pm
      I agree, zombies rule. And the whole zombies apocalypse concept has always been very appealing to me. But that's also why I'm a bit dissapointed with this series, for me it could potentially be such an amazing series, but it doesn't live up to it. And then there's a series like Game Of Thrones that initially didn't appeal to me at all, that fantasy genre isn't really my thing, but that series is so well done in all fronts that I loved every minute of it.

But I am interested in what people throught of the new episode. I don't want to discuss spoilers or anything. But didn't think it was great, and didn't leave me excited for the rest of the season.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #47: Oct 17, 2011 03:55:02 pm
      And then there's a series like Game Of Thrones that initially didn't appeal to me at all, that fantasy genre isn't really my thing, but that series is so well done in all fronts that I loved every minute of it.

Not my thing either, that's why I haven't seen any of it yet. Is it really that good? I'm really curious now!
      Bier
      Reply #48: Oct 17, 2011 05:19:07 pm
      Not my thing either, that's why I haven't seen any of it yet. Is it really that good? I'm really curious now!
      Yes, it is that good. Without a doubt the most epic series I have seen. You should try it, it's so well made.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #49: Oct 17, 2011 05:28:45 pm
      Cool. Sounds great. I'm already downloading the first episode, using my work's internet to do so :P
      Bier
      Reply #50: Oct 17, 2011 05:31:33 pm
      You're downloading it at work? Haha. Torrent or?
      What kind of work do you do? I hope they don't check your internet usage.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #51: Oct 17, 2011 05:40:50 pm
      They don't ;D Most stuff isn't even blocked here, only a few weeks ago they blocked access to facebook.  I'm an Economist, I work with price indexes and that kind of stuff for Brazilian economy. It's boring :)
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #52: Oct 17, 2011 08:42:00 pm
      It's the best zombie thing in any form of media in the past few years in my opinion. First series was brilliant, just finished downloading (perfectly legally of course  :angel:) the first ep of the second series. Interested to see how well it continues considering the main dude behind series 1, Frank Darabont, recently quit the production.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #53: Oct 22, 2011 01:35:26 pm
      Still impressed with this, watched the first episode of the second series last night.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #54: Oct 22, 2011 01:44:45 pm
      Thought this thread was a reference to the blue sh*te.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #55: Nov 10, 2011 08:44:56 pm
      Really enjoying the 2nd series so far  :)
      Brooklyn Red

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #56: Dec 17, 2011 09:11:53 pm
      Season finale? Anyone?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #57: Dec 17, 2011 09:13:14 pm

You do know more episodes are due in February! This is just a mid-season break.

Got to admit loved the ending and could see that coming a mile off.
      Brooklyn Red

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #58: Dec 17, 2011 09:15:59 pm
      No, just wondering if anyone saw it. Just when I was getting of that plot line... Nicely done.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #59: Dec 17, 2011 09:18:34 pm
      No, just wondering if anyone saw it. Just when I was getting of that plot line... Nicely done.

Enjoyed, just realised what you meant when I saw the Boardwalk Empire thread, seriously pissed off i haven't got Sky Atlantic, thats what they're showing Boardwalk on over here.

But have been seriously loving walking dead, although the way the girl being missing dragged on and on and then you saw the barn with the walkers in, you just knew
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #60: Dec 17, 2011 09:19:18 pm
      Loving it so far, bought a bunch of the comic books for my brother in law for Xmas, he'll be lending them to me soon! ;D

Heard they're even better than the series! :o

Really enjoying the changes in Daryl's (sp?) character this season!
      Brooklyn Red

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #61: Dec 17, 2011 09:34:05 pm
      and then you saw the barn with the walkers in, you just knew

I have to be honest. I only realized it at the last moment. Probably why I enjoyed it so much.

Really enjoying the changes in Daryl's (sp?) character this season!

Yeah, that was a pleasant change.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4877 
      Reply #62: Dec 17, 2011 09:48:35 pm
      I didn't enjoy this season as much as the first as I thought it dragged on a bit in the middle episodes but the mid season finale was very good and I didn't see it coming with the girl either to be honest.

Looking forward to February for the second part.
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #63: Jan 13, 2012 06:02:40 am
      Just been reminded of this in the Boardwalk Empire thread.

To be honest, I've had to force myself to get through episodes in this season.  It has just been so dull with lousy characters that make baffling, sh*te decisions.  However, that mid-season finale redeemed the show in my eyes, a tad.

And yeah, I copped on to the girl in the barn too but that scene was very well done.  The show is so much better when the zombies are in it.  There hasn't been enough zombie action so far this season but that last episode has given me hope it can only get better.

A major cull character wise would give it a boost.  Keep Rick and Daryl and leave the rest to the zombies. ;)
      craglad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,009 posts | 25 
      Reply #64: Jan 13, 2012 06:35:30 am
      The thing is though Matt, if the show packed zombies in every episode you would end up getting bored of it.

I personally enjoyed this season so far, i think its set up real nice for the 2nd part.
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #65: Jan 13, 2012 06:46:21 am
      Give me zombies over the vast majority of those characters any day.  And how could one ever get bored of zombies?!?

All I'm asking is kill off all the cast barring one or two, and bringing in newer, better characters to give the zombies a break. ;)

For anyone who has read the comics, are the characters as annoying and irritating in them too?
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #66: Jan 13, 2012 11:20:34 am
      I've actually really enjoyed the second series, ok a little slow in parts but hats off to the writers they are great at story telling and the little twists and hangers they leave are great.. They have a great ability to really up the last ten minutes or so of each episode to leave you not being able to wait for the next installment..
      They could increase the shagging scenes though  ;D not with the zombies you understand.. That would be weird..  :D

I'm not generally into zombie films to be honest but I've really enjoyed this show..
      Does anyone know a date it's back? I saw February above but I'm just waiting for my sky planner to pick it up again..
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #67: Jan 13, 2012 11:51:40 am
      On a side note :

Do zombies get horny? I mean they just seem interested in walking round eating folk.. But what after a long day of that? They ever get back to the mrs.. Say wow you look great today? You done something with your hair? I really like how your brain is hanging out the side of your head this evening.. Wanna go upstairs?

Edit.. It's been a long week.. Need to get some work done.
      You never got those hard hitting thoughts on Steve wright in the afternoon did you  :roll:
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #68: Jan 14, 2012 07:39:36 pm
      Just watched the first series, and I have to say I thought it was really bad, I was bored senseless through all six episodes.

Gonna download the few episodes of Season 2 that have been shown, hopefully it is improved.

Quick Reply