Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

The Walking Dead

Read 17322 times
      Brooklyn Red
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Re: The Walking Dead
      Reply #69: Jan 15, 2012 12:06:18 am
      Just watched the first series, and I have to say I thought it was really bad, I was bored senseless through all six episodes.

Gonna download the few episodes of Season 2 that have been shown, hopefully it is improved.

If you didn't care for Season 1, then I'm pretty sure you're gonna hate Season 2. :D
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4928 
      Reply #70: Jan 15, 2012 12:08:31 am
      If you didn't care for Season 1, then I'm pretty sure you're gonna hate Season 2. :D

Agree Eric.

It doesn't exactly crank up the excitement level.
      Dave70
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,536 posts | 76 
      Reply #71: Jan 15, 2012 10:27:22 pm
      Was thinking the exact same thing myself.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,508 posts | 1476 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #72: Jan 16, 2012 08:19:02 pm
      Every time I see Ricks wife it feels like her weird eyes are piercing my soul.....

Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #73: Mar 12, 2012 07:04:47 am
      Bump.

I started watching this from the first episode about 2 weeks ago and I'm up to date now. Can't get enough of it.

Tell you what though, when you have a whole series to watch, it's miles more enjoyable than watching 42 minutes, and having to wait another week for the next episode!

The last episode (2x12 Better Angels) has just been on, thought it was brilliant.

Don't want to spoil anything for anyone who hasn't seen it yet, but ,my word, the ending was emotional. Can't wait for the season finale!
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #74: Mar 12, 2012 07:24:36 am
      I do agree Ally, this type of thing normally isn't my cup of tea and I know some haven't enjoyed it.. But I have.

I'm one behind you I think, got two left in the series.

Been better than I thought. Maybe that's because I didn't go in expecting it to be good. The storytelling of it I find good, as you say when you watch them close together you find yourself wanting to know what comes next.

xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #75: Mar 19, 2012 12:54:59 pm
      One word - Michonne ;)
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #76: Mar 19, 2012 12:58:06 pm

Going to stay out of here til next Saturday.

The finale isn't shown on FX until Friday.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #77: Mar 19, 2012 12:59:43 pm
      It's a word you won't understand unless you've read the comics. My friend has and was marking out when he saw it & the very last shot of the episode
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #78: Mar 19, 2012 01:01:33 pm
      Look forward to the dots being connected next week.  :)
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,508 posts | 1476 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #79: Mar 19, 2012 02:28:38 pm
      The Walking Dead overall is very meh to me.

Very slow and boring, people will say "Oh its more about the characters!"... Doesn't mean it as to send you to sleep though. Also, a lot of bad acting, mostly unlikeable characters except a few and one of the worst American accents from Rick xD

Anyone else also notice how much Shane rubs his chin and head?! Its started getting on my tits xD And Carl! Most annoying thing on the planet!

I was very happy with what happened at the end of the last episode (12) though :D

So yeh, other than that, its been okay.
      « Last Edit: Mar 19, 2012 02:41:53 pm by AlwaysTheKop »
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,508 posts | 1476 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #80: Mar 19, 2012 02:43:16 pm
      Look forward to the dots being connected next week.  :)
      You can download the Finale online today, it was on in America last night, about to watch it in a sec.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,508 posts | 1476 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #81: Mar 19, 2012 03:50:24 pm
      Sorry for triple post, cant edit above.

Just watched the season finale of The Walking Dead. Lots of action in this one! probably the best episode in my opinion of the lot.

*Spoiler*

Whats with the hooded chick with the pet zombies though?? xD

* Spoiler*
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #82: Mar 19, 2012 09:32:28 pm
      Who or what the F**k was that hooded guy with the sword and his armless bitches on chains? :D
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #83: Mar 19, 2012 10:03:13 pm
      Michonne - one of the most loved characters in the comics and it's a chick ;)
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #84: Mar 20, 2012 12:37:28 am
      I think I'm gona spend the time between now and the release of series 3 by reading the comics.  I don't think it will neccessarily spoil it, since the tv series doesn't exactly follow the same storyline as the comics.

Btw, anyone wondering about the black guy and his son from the first episode? I've forgotten his name but I was expecting to see something from him again. Nothing tho... yet.

There's also a game being released for xbox which is in 5 episodes (meaning its in 5 parts, which you download from xbox live for a price) and the first episode is out in April. Looking forward to that. Google "the walking dead video game" for more info. It's made by 'Telltale Games' .
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #85: Mar 20, 2012 01:31:48 pm
      I've been a pretty harsh critic of season 2, but the last three episodes were very good, and I loved the finale.  Still hate the vast majority of the characters though!  3 in particular actually make my blood boil!  >:D

If the comics were in novel form, I would read them.  But I simply cannot read comics.  However, I did read a synopsis of what is to come and it sounds fantastic.  Although, it sure does get very dark and sinister.  No doubt they'll have to tone some of that sh*t down.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #86: Mar 20, 2012 01:34:12 pm
      I stopped watching at the start of the 2nd season... I kinda liked it for the zombies, but there were no likable characters and the drama was just boring!

But maybe I should give it another chance... I hate watching an episode and having to wait 1 week for the next one, so that was another reason why I stopped watching for a while.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,508 posts | 1476 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #87: Mar 20, 2012 04:18:26 pm
      I stopped watching at the start of the 2nd season... I kinda liked it for the zombies, but there were no likable characters and the drama was just boring!

But maybe I should give it another chance... I hate watching an episode and having to wait 1 week for the next one, so that was another reason why I stopped watching for a while.
      Same, that's why I wait a few weeks until a few have been on so I can download them a few at a time.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4928 
      Reply #88: Mar 28, 2012 10:11:04 pm
      Well after a pretty uneventful first half of season two I've got to say I really enjoyed the second half and the last few episodes were great.

Anyone else know if the split in the season was deliberate as looking back part one, if you like, sets up the story of these on the farm and then part two hits you with the action virtually from the start.

Looking forward to season three now.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #89: Mar 29, 2012 05:15:39 am
      Just finished reading 13 of the 15 (I think) comic book novels because I couldn't stand not knowing what was going to happen! :D

The series is quite different in some ways (some characters don't appear in the books, others die sooner/later), but the overall storyline follows quite closely.

Really enjoyed them, so can certainly recommend giving them a go!
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #90: Mar 29, 2012 08:39:15 am
      Well after a pretty uneventful first half of season two I've got to say I really enjoyed the second half and the last few episodes were great.

Anyone else know if the split in the season was deliberate as looking back part one, if you like, sets up the story of these on the farm and then part two hits you with the action virtually from the start.

Looking forward to season three now.

Most series that air from the states do that, Fringe did it this season as well, i think, and im sure it will be corrected by our American friends if im wrong that shows that are on at that time of year have mid season breaks around Thanksgiving and the holiday period as the TV companys worry about falling ratings so bring them back after the turn of the year when people are back home from family visits or out celebrating etc...

I enjoyed the series to be honest, that woman at the end taking her two walkers for a walk was a F***ing beast...

Just finished reading 13 of the 15 (I think) comic book novels because I couldn't stand not knowing what was going to happen! :D

The series is quite different in some ways (some characters don't appear in the books, others die sooner/later), but the overall storyline follows quite closely.

Really enjoyed them, so can certainly recommend giving them a go!

Im tempted to get them ayrton, did you get them off Amazon or something? They a good read?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #91: Mar 29, 2012 09:01:51 am

They quite often have a mid season break - I think this one in Season 2 was due to a break over Christmas in the US.

I'm a big fan of this.  I almost never watch a series with breaks etc, I'd much rather hammer a series that has already finished - I think I did the 80 episodes of Prison Break in about 5 weeks.  Still - haven't got much choice with this.

As for Carl - what a little sh*t.  Why won't that boy just do as he's F***ing told! ;)

Quick Reply