Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Fernandez Suso (Liverpool > AC Milan)

Read 190792 times
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Re: Fernandez Suso Player Thread
      Reply #1035: Aug 03, 2014 09:52:51 am
      Best role for him? If we go 4-2-3-1 I think we would get a lot out of him in the centre of the 3. In a 4-3-3 Im not sure how he'd fit

Gerrard

Suso   Hendo

He could operate in that position quite comfortably mate in a 4-3-3. He is fairly attack minded but he can also play the fancy passing game to build up play. There should be no problem with his size, he's taller than Allen and I don't see an immediate need for him to bulk up. Once he and Coutinho get going, teams won't be able to get close.
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #1036: Aug 03, 2014 01:15:22 pm
      Is he showing enough to earn a start v Southampton?

Wouldn't do him any harm either to smile once in a while (on the pitch) just to show that he's 'enjoying' playing here.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1037: Aug 03, 2014 02:18:59 pm
      Is he showing enough to earn a start v Southampton?

I think Ibe is showing more.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #1038: Aug 03, 2014 04:07:45 pm
      If Suso was to start against Southampton for me it would be in the No.10 role, he can offer the same vision as Coutinho maybe not the same trickery but he has an eye for goal and that is the only thing Coutinho lacks at this moment in time.

However Coutinho's ability to run at players and dance through them will have him starting ahead of Suso.

hobbes2702
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 569 posts | 34 
      Reply #1039: Aug 04, 2014 07:16:43 am
      This post is going to be stupid but on my Fifa career after a couple seasons I have a midfield of...

-----------Can------Henderson---------
      --Sterling-------Suso-------Coutinho--
      ---------------Sturridge-----------------
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1040: Aug 04, 2014 09:54:34 am
      Excellent technique in both of his goals during pre-season, that loan move does seem to have given him more confidence. Hopefully a sign of good things to come for the coming season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T11mCbJpfkU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KAy6dlmIy8
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1041: Aug 04, 2014 03:28:51 pm
      If we can get both him an Ibe playing games it will be a massive bonus for us.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #1042: Aug 09, 2014 07:58:25 am
      I don't know.  I like Suso.  But he's not a child anymore.  He's going to be 21 in November and this isn't the Academy anymore.  Watching him he just kind of drifts in and out of games and having proved absolutely nothing yet, that is a BAD sign.  When you're not in the first team and have been sent out on loan, you should be hungry to show 110% on the pitch.  And he doesn't.  I just don't think he's got the right attitude.  Compare/contrast to Ibe, who is several years younger, just as talented as (if not more than) Suso, and yet he works his arse off on the pitch.  Sterling did the same when he first came up.  Desire, hunger to show you belong.  Those lads showed it.  Doesn't look like Suso really cares.

I think if anyone comes with an offer for anything remotely near £10m, we should sell. 
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #1043: Aug 09, 2014 08:37:31 am
      This post is going to be stupid but on my Fifa career after a couple seasons I have a midfield of...

-----------Can------Henderson---------
      --Sterling-------Suso-------Coutinho--
      ---------------Sturridge-----------------

it's 2018 and my Suso is rated 86, slots in next to Shaqiri and Muller, superstars. :)

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1044: Aug 09, 2014 08:46:01 am
      I have a feeling well see plenty of this boy over the season and I think hell do well
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      Reply #1045: Aug 09, 2014 12:10:31 pm
      I wish a 100% that he stays and gets to fight for his place, I have a gut feeling though that we might be loaning him out though to Seville in regards to the Moreno deal.

Its only a rumour but I don't see why Suso hasn't had more game time in pre-season, hopefully I am wrong and he gets to stay.

He will be a star in the coming years.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1046: Aug 09, 2014 03:50:27 pm
      I wish a 100% that he stays and gets to fight for his place, I have a gut feeling though that we might be loaning him out though to Seville in regards to the Moreno deal.

Its only a rumour but I don't see why Suso hasn't had more game time in pre-season, hopefully I am wrong and he gets to stay.

He will be a star in the coming years.

If he signs a new contract, I think it would be great for him to go on loan to Sevilla. It's a big step up from Almeria, and with better players around him, European football & better facilitates, I think he'll benefit more than staying as a bench warmer. What would be perfect though,  would befor him is to replace Rakitic, playing through the middle, and only then, I believe we'll see something special from him.

I too think he will become a huge star, but not as a wide player, It'll just stagnate his progression.
      JayC1560
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 103 posts |
      Reply #1047: Aug 09, 2014 04:50:58 pm
      Saw him in Tesco yesterday with a trolley full of food, he's staying for the next week at least.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      Reply #1048: Aug 09, 2014 08:39:32 pm
      If he signs a new contract, I think it would be great for him to go on loan to Sevilla. It's a big step up from Almeria, and with better players around him, European football & better facilitates, I think he'll benefit more than staying as a bench warmer. What would be perfect though,  would befor him is to replace Rakitic, playing through the middle, and only then, I believe we'll see something special from him.

I too think he will become a huge star, but not as a wide player, It'll just stagnate his progression.

What do you think about him as a deep lying playmaker?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1049: Aug 09, 2014 09:31:03 pm

yep I think he can be coached on the art of tackling to add to what he has all of a sudden you aren't too far from an Alonso type player
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      Reply #1050: Aug 09, 2014 09:39:37 pm
      yep I think he can be coached on the art of tackling to add to what he has all of a sudden you aren't too far from an Alonso type player

My thoughts exactly, his range of passing really is something special. His quite versatile imo, can play the 10 role and out on the right of a front three.

Would be strong in any of the positions but I reckon he would be best suited pulling the strings in an Alonso type role.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1051: Aug 09, 2014 09:47:35 pm

After 3-4 seasons, I can see him playing there, I honestly believe he would be majestic in that role, don't you? He just needs more experience playing centrally with lesser defensive role than a deep lying midfielder before he moves there.
      His passing and composure on the ball has always been his main attribute, and I do have to question why we haven't nurtured that aspect of his game, why throw him out wide and nurture him to be a wide attacking player when his unique attribute is passing?

I'm actually seeing it now with Teixeira, he's thrown out wide a lot in u21 games and rarely get the chance to play in the middle.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      Reply #1052: Aug 09, 2014 09:53:24 pm
      After 3-4 seasons, I can see him playing there, I honestly believe he would be majestic in that role, don't you? He just needs more experience playing centrally with lesser defensive role than a deep lying midfielder before he moves there.
      His passing and composure on the ball has always been his main attribute, and I do have to question why we haven't nurtured that aspect of his game, why throw him out wide and nurture him to be a wide attacking player when his unique attribute is passing?

I'm actually seeing it now with Teixeira, he's thrown out wide a lot in u21 games and rarely get the chance to play in the middle.

Yeah its where I'd have him playing first and foremost. I want him to develop at the club though,  he has made it clear he wants to stay and fight for his place.

I feel if we loan him out again there's a chance he will feel alienated and not rated, regardless of what Rodgers tells him.

He needs to be give that run and chance in the team like Sterling was and I am more than sure he will flourish.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1053: Aug 09, 2014 10:03:23 pm
      He needs to be give that run and chance in the team like Sterling was and I am more than sure he will flourish.

Yep, but in the right position, which is not happening, and I honestly can't see this working out for him :(
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      Reply #1054: Aug 09, 2014 10:15:07 pm
      Yep, but in the right position, which is not happening, and I honestly can't see this working out for him :(

Our team interchanges during games, I think he will be alright whatever position he plays for now.

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1055: Aug 10, 2014 06:53:26 am
      Saw him in Tesco yesterday with a trolley full of food, he's staying for the next week at least.

May not be the truth but I found this highly amusing.  :D
      JayC1560
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 103 posts |
      Reply #1056: Aug 10, 2014 08:48:24 pm
      May not be the truth but I found this highly amusing.  :D

Haha it's the truth :) A lot of the players shop in the Tesco Superstore on Mather Avenue, I also saw Philipp Degen cashing in about a million pennies in the coin collector a couple of years ago which I found very odd. Never ask for photos though, I don't wanna be "that guy".

Anyone else disappointed that Suso never got a run out today? Would've been nice for him to come on for Coutinho as a like for like change.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      Reply #1057: Aug 10, 2014 08:49:57 pm
      Haha it's the truth :) A lot of the players shop in the Tesco Superstore on Mather Avenue, I also saw Philipp Degen cashing in about a million pennies in the coin collector a couple of years ago which I found very odd. Never ask for photos though, I don't wanna be "that guy".

Anyone else disappointed that Suso never got a run out today? Would've been nice for him to come on for Coutinho as a like for like change.

Odd and has me worried.

I have a feeling he won't be around come the end of the transfer window. Can see him being loaned out.

Quick Reply