Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Fernandez Suso (Liverpool > AC Milan)

Read 191724 times
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Re: Fernandez Suso Player Thread
      Reply #1058: Aug 10, 2014 08:54:55 pm
      Anyone else disappointed that Suso never got a run out today? Would've been nice for him to come on for Coutinho as a like for like change.

I have a feeling he won't be around come the end of the transfer window. Can see him being loaned out.

Really really disappointed. Can didn't play too well and we had the opportunity to try out Suso in that role, but he opted for Lucas :/ 

He has yet to sign a new contract, and I can't see it happening. I feel he might be part of the Moreno deal :(

RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,916 posts | 820 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #1059: Aug 10, 2014 08:57:51 pm
      Really really disappointed. Can didn't play too well and we had the opportunity to try out Suso in that role, but he opted for Lucas :/ 

He has yet to sign a new contract, and I can't see it happening. I feel he might be part of the Moreno deal :(

There's NOWAY a football lover like Brendan who appreciates real technical ability would let Suso go permanently.

Chill, i think he may be put out on loan again which i am for the 456th time am against, however if it was to a premier league side it would make more sense than back out to La Liga because he has already been there and done that.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1060: Aug 10, 2014 09:22:06 pm

Suso in Can's role.
      Eh, no.

Totally different jobs.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1061: Aug 10, 2014 10:53:28 pm
      Suso in Can's role.
      Eh, no.

Totally different jobs.

And we all thought Coutinho wasn't capable of that role, unsure of Gerrard as a defensive mid, and baffled by Sterling as a #10 etc. I personally think the role would be good for him, he's a good dribbler and passer, very composed on the ball and doesn't shy away from tracking back.

Anyway, I think Rodgers should've tested Suso out in the middle during pre season, but chose not to for whatever reason.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1062: Aug 10, 2014 11:17:51 pm
      And we all thought Coutinho wasn't capable of that role, unsure of Gerrard as a defensive mid, and baffled by Sterling as a #10 etc. I personally think the role would be good for him, he's a good dribbler and passer, very composed on the ball and doesn't shy away from tracking back.

Anyway, I think Rodgers should've tested Suso out in the middle during pre season, but chose not to for whatever reason.

Can and Hendo are the ones to do the job in front of Gerrard. DM
      After that Allen and, when fit again, Lallana.
      Lucas played there last season.

Plenty of players ahead of Suso in the queue.

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1063: Aug 11, 2014 12:28:27 am
      Can and Hendo are the ones to do the job in front of Gerrard. DM
      After that Allen and, when fit again, Lallana.
      Lucas played there last season.

Plenty of players ahead of Suso in the queue.

I don't think Can and Hendo are very good short passers of the ball. I think having that right balance and playing someone like Suso would help us keep possession better.

I still think Suso can do a job playing there. Just won't be as effective as Henderson in defending :)
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #1064: Aug 12, 2014 03:57:57 am
      sterling and coutinho work very hard for the team though. suso isn't one of those players who is part of the system, not yet anyway. BR doesn't need to give suso midfield time in preseason to know how he'll go because he already knows suso isn't up to it yet. he seems like a player who could come off the bench to have an impact in some games, in attack, but i could also see him not even make the bench some games. it'll be tough for him this season as it would be for borini.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #1065: Aug 13, 2014 05:07:11 pm
      I think he has everything to make it here and he can be a very useful player next season. He is lazy as Fabregas but he can be as good too.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1066: Aug 13, 2014 06:17:11 pm
      I think he has everything to make it here and he can be a very useful player next season. He is lazy as Fabregas but he can be as good too.

the laziest player I have ever seen was Ray Kennedy he played the game in slow motion but what a player he was.I hope Suso gets close to him.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #1067: Aug 13, 2014 09:43:49 pm
      the laziest player I have ever seen was Ray Kennedy he played the game in slow motion but what a player he was.I hope Suso gets close to him.

Ray Kennedy eh now that's a name I have not heard for a while and agree a great player in a great team.

AmeriPool Red
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      Reply #1068: Sep 19, 2014 11:37:14 pm
      I think BR needs to give him a chance and drop Coutinho for a game or two. Letting him go to AC Milan is a bad idea.

http://www.squawka.com/news/reports-liverpool-winger-suso-wants-to-make-move-to-ac-milan/181188?
      Redmen
      • Forum Ian St John

• 429 posts | 61 
      Reply #1069: Sep 24, 2014 10:44:23 am
      I thought Suso was excellent when he came on. He was positive and looked to either create something or shoot every time he was on the ball. Really changed the game for us as we were lacking in creativity all night.

I really hope he can start featuring in the league and not just having the odd cup run out.

The lads a real talent.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1070: Sep 24, 2014 11:04:06 am
      I'd like to see Suso start instead of Cou, I'd also like to see Lucas start instead of Stevie
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1071: Sep 24, 2014 12:10:12 pm
      Worked well in tight spaces, looked comfortable receiving and giving the ball in those situations.  One of a few players that actively looked to take possession,  Manquillo,  Sterling and Lallana being the others.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #1072: Sep 24, 2014 12:17:47 pm
      He should have started the match. Enough of him going out on loan. Time to use him more frequently. I thought he did ok.
      wmeliane
      • Forum John Barnes

• 421 posts | 21 
      Reply #1073: Sep 24, 2014 01:08:39 pm
      It looks like Suso might be waiting his time out in order to leave to Milan on a free transfer. If he does not renew with us by Dec he is free to sign a pre contract with other teams. I believe that it is what Milan did to acquire Honda.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #1074: Sep 24, 2014 01:38:16 pm
      He did his job last night but by no means did he "prove Brendan wrong" or justify why he should be in the squad or even starting. He offers basically the same toolset as Coutinho (although not as good when Coutinho is on his game). Took his chances well so there's something to be said for that, but I'm not sure why everyone acts like he's some sort of messiah. Personally would rather have seen Ibe kept at the club and used in the first team as opposed to Suso.
      Redmen
      • Forum Ian St John

• 429 posts | 61 
      Reply #1075: Sep 24, 2014 01:43:24 pm
      Don't think anyone is saying he is the "messiah" just that surely he deserves to be given more of a chance than he is getting.

A run out from the bench in a league cup match isn't, in my opinion, a decent chance.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,920 posts | 964 
      Reply #1076: Sep 24, 2014 02:04:42 pm
      He did his job last night but by no means did he "prove Brendan wrong" or justify why he should be in the squad or even starting. He offers basically the same toolset as Coutinho (although not as good when Coutinho is on his game). Took his chances well so there's something to be said for that, but I'm not sure why everyone acts like he's some sort of messiah. Personally would rather have seen Ibe kept at the club and used in the first team as opposed to Suso.

No one is saying he is a messiah, but he actually provided some end product whereas Lallana, Markovic, and Coutinho have all failed to do so thus far....
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #1077: Sep 24, 2014 02:15:51 pm
      No one is saying he is a messiah, but he actually provided some end product whereas Lallana, Markovic, and Coutinho have all failed to do so thus far....

And was willing to have a crack from edge of 18 yard box.

Interesting to hear a lot of the local support getting behind him when he went up to take his pen.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1078: Sep 24, 2014 02:32:42 pm
      And was willing to have a crack from edge of 18 yard box.

Interesting to hear a lot of the local support getting behind him when he went up to take his pen.

Noticed that on the telly *Wool*.
      Big support for the lad when he stepped up.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #1079: Sep 24, 2014 02:36:17 pm
      Suso took his goal (and penalties) very well. It was no surprise to me he came on and made a positive impact. Really hope a contract is signed and we use him this season. Good player to have in the squad.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1080: Sep 24, 2014 05:19:51 pm
      He upped his game during pre-season and scored some nice goals, not been used up until near the end of the Boro game (poor choice on BR's behalf). Hopefully now he will be involved more!

Quick Reply