Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Fernandez Suso (Liverpool > AC Milan)

Read 191512 times
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Re: Fernandez Suso Player Thread
      Reply #1150: Oct 16, 2014 06:37:07 pm
      So are you suggesting they were thrust upon him?

Brendan is quoted as saying that no players are signed without his final say!

I believe he was given a list of player's that fell within his allotted  budget to chose from, Messi was not on that list,  the budget was bigger this season, which is why we saw a higher caliber of player arrive this summer.
      ACMilanLFC
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 57 posts |
      Reply #1151: Nov 11, 2014 05:04:44 pm
      Is he good? What are his characteristics and qualities?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1152: Nov 11, 2014 05:19:25 pm

Watched him since he joined us. More of a central midfielder in my opinion, but can play attacking wide right. Very similar player to Isco.

I rate him highly, very gifted player. I think his passing, composure and dribbling is what sets him apart. I think he has the potential to become a CL quality footballer and maybe even world class.
      ACMilanLFC
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 57 posts |
      Reply #1153: Nov 11, 2014 05:46:21 pm
      Watched him since he joined us. More of a central midfielder in my opinion, but can play attacking wide right. Very similar player to Isco.

I rate him highly, very gifted player. I think his passing, composure and dribbling is what sets him apart. I think he has the potential to become a CL quality footballer and maybe even world class.
      Thank you!
      In the last months he has been linked to AC Milan several times, but I never understood what kind of player he was.
      Why doesn't Rodgers try him?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #1154: Nov 11, 2014 05:58:13 pm
      Thank you!
      In the last months he has been linked to AC Milan several times, but I never understood what kind of player he was.
      Why doesn't Rodgers try him?

He is injured at the moment.

Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #1155: Nov 11, 2014 11:47:46 pm

His ball retention skills are also excellent - he can control the ball in one touch, like a Barcelona player.

Surely such qualities are essential to Brendan's ideals of possession? Because at the moment, the likes of Gerrard and Henderson take a couple to a few touches to control the ball, and as a result, it never seems like controlled possession that we desperately need.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1156: Nov 11, 2014 11:53:48 pm

Is he though?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,689 posts | 6691 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1157: Nov 12, 2014 06:15:54 am

He puts the ball in the back of the net everytime he gets a chance to play. Don't know why he isn't given more game time.
      asharma.lfc
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 652 posts | 26 
      Reply #1158: Nov 12, 2014 07:56:31 am
      He puts the ball in the back of the net everytime he gets a chance to play. Don't know why he isn't given more game time.
      BR spend 20m on Markovic. Manager will always tries to prove that their signings are successful.

Same reason that Downing and Hendo played instead of Maxi and Kuyt under Kenny.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #1159: Nov 12, 2014 07:57:23 am

Why what you heard? Last I read he was recovering from a groin operation.

asharma.lfc
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 652 posts | 26 
      Reply #1160: Nov 12, 2014 08:41:41 am
      I think Suso himself said that he is undergoing a surgery.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,689 posts | 6691 
      Reply #1161: Nov 12, 2014 08:50:37 am
      I think Suso himself said that he is undergoing a surgery.

That's probably why he hasn't even made the bench. I don't remember reading or hearing anything about an OP though.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #1162: Nov 12, 2014 09:15:39 am
      That's probably why he hasn't even made the bench. I don't remember reading or hearing anything about an OP though.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/spanish-midfielder-suso-set-miss-7869438
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,689 posts | 6691 
      Reply #1163: Nov 12, 2014 09:42:25 am
      Darth Joe
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 846 posts | 31 
      Reply #1164: Nov 12, 2014 11:06:32 am
      The agent of midfielder Suso says Liverpool FC are keen on handing the Spaniard a new contract.

Italian side AC Milan are reportedly showing interest in the 20-year-old who has made just one appearance for the Reds this season.

Suso spent the whole of last season on loan with La Liga outfit Almeria and helped them retain their top flight status.

Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers praised Suso’s spell away from Anfield, saying: “Young Suso has had a terrific loan in Spain playing regular first-team football.

“He will come back and come into the squad in the summer and then we will assess where he’s at.”

And despite speculation linking Suso with a move to Italy, the Cadiz-born playmaker is still wanted at Anfield beyond the end of his contract in June, according to his agent.

“There is no agreement with Milan,” Jaume Serra told Calciomercato.it.

“It is certainly a possibility, but for now, there’s nothing more to say.

“Rather, Liverpool are pushing for his renewal, so we cannot rule even this hypothesis out.

“At the moment, it’s too early to discuss any possibilities.”

Serra has also moved to rubbish suggestions that Suso, who has 21 senior appearances for Liverpool in two seasons, could be moving to Napoli.

“No, I’ve never had any contact with Napoli,” he added.

“For now, we can rule out this possibility.

“There’s no interest from them.”

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-want-extend-suso-8090486

Agent seems to be pushing for a new contract. Suso loves it at LFC, his quotes have always been along the lines of "I'm determined to prove my worth to the team", even if he could have easily scooted off to La Liga. I've always liked this lad, hope to see him given the chance once he returns from injury.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #1165: Nov 12, 2014 11:37:35 am
      Agent seems to be pushing for a new contract. Suso loves it at LFC, his quotes have always been along the lines of "I'm determined to prove my worth to the team", even if he could have easily scooted off to La Liga. I've always liked this lad, hope to see him given the chance once he returns from injury.

I personally think he is off to Milan mate. His agent rubbished the Napoli links but not the Milan ones, and I don't think we are so keen that we will change his mind.

Darth Joe
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 846 posts | 31 
      Reply #1166: Nov 12, 2014 01:02:20 pm
      I personally think he is off to Milan mate. His agent rubbished the Napoli links but not the Milan ones, and I don't think we are so keen that we will change his mind.

Shame, really like him.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1167: Nov 12, 2014 01:33:43 pm
      His ball retention skills are also excellent - he can control the ball in one touch, like a Barcelona player.

Surely such qualities are essential to Brendan's ideals of possession? Because at the moment, the likes of Gerrard and Henderson take a couple to a few touches to control the ball, and as a result, it never seems like controlled possession that we desperately need.

Absolutely. Imagine a midfield of Lucas, Suso, Coutinho and Henderson (for his pressing). Possession football at it's best!!
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #1168: Nov 12, 2014 02:26:14 pm

Me too mate.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #1169: Nov 12, 2014 03:58:05 pm
      This guy has the technical ability, flair and skills to play as a midfield playmaker.

But sadly doesn't get enough of chances because whenever he has played, I have been pretty impressed.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1170: Nov 13, 2014 10:15:37 am
      Why what you heard? Last I read he was recovering from a groin operation.

Nothing mate. I was just thinking back to when Agger wasn't playing due to injury but then there was talk it was just an excuse for him not playing and made me think seeing as Suso clearly isn't part of the plans here.

Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1171: Nov 13, 2014 10:18:22 am
      Nothing mate. I was just thinking back to when Agger wasn't playing due to injury but then there was talk it was just an excuse for him not playing and made me think seeing as Suso clearly isn't part of the plans here.

Agger injury was a cover?  Does that mean Rafa, Roy & Kenny were trying to offload him as well?  :)
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #1172: Nov 13, 2014 10:20:23 am

Yeah I know what you mean Kenny I had a few doubts at first about Sakho's injury as well, getting paranoid in my old age :) 

Quick Reply