Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Fernandez Suso (Liverpool > AC Milan)

Read 190780 times
      Paisleydalglish
      Re: Fernandez Suso: Liverpool > AC Milan
      Reply #1334: Jan 18, 2015 02:35:42 pm
      To be fair though Suso hasn't been given a fair crack of the whip. He did more in the Middlesborough League Cup game than Joe Allen has done all season, yet Likkle Joey will still get a start in the first team and soon as he's back fit, no matter if he's having a bad spell.

Brendan has his faves, of that I've got no doubt!

All managers do mate

Like I said, and it wasn't meant to be a controversial post, I find it hard to judge on the limited game time we have witnessed, if he was a proper worldy or the potential to be so then the manager surely wouldn't let him leave.

He can't be that daft he had the potential (in his eyes) to be a Sterling or even similar, to be fair the manager has given a few youngster games and he did with Suso..

I'm not comparing against any player, because if we are defending Allen I wouldn't be here really, I was just saying why I think he's let him go.

Not many kids we have let go down the years I regret, not like the mancs must do with Pogba or Pique
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1335: Jan 18, 2015 02:48:47 pm

All managers do mate

Like I said, and it wasn't meant to be a controversial post, I find it hard to judge on the limited game time we have witnessed, if he was a proper worldy or the potential to be so then the manager surely wouldn't let him leave.

He can't be that daft he had the potential (in his eyes) to be a Sterling or even similar, to be fair the manager has given a few youngster games and he did with Suso..

I'm not comparing against any player, because if we are defending Allen I wouldn't be here really, I was just saying why I think he's let him go.

Not many kids we have let go down the years I regret, not like the mancs must do with Pogba or Pique

I know bud we're just disscussing the points ;D ;)
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #1336: Jan 18, 2015 03:14:13 pm

Problem with Suso is, if he gets his chance at Milan and progresses as most think he will, he 's very much likely to become our Pogba/Pique.

I caught a couple of Almria games where he was being played in his favoured position and he looked twice as good a player as he did in any of our first XI matches.

His vision, his range of passing, his technique, his weight of pass and his confidence especially against Barcelona was something else for a young lad.

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1337: Jan 19, 2015 05:27:25 pm
      Why he left Liverpool for Milan

“My contract was set to expire in June and Liverpool’s offers did not satisfy me, neither economically nor in a sporting sense,” Suso told Marca.

“I arrived very much as a boy and I have learned a lot. I have grown, but I have not noticed a lot of trust in me. I wanted a change of scenery. And Milan offers me everything that I needed. It’s a great [club], with an incredible history, but now it is not at its best.

“My objective? To play as much as possible and to return Milan to the Champions League. It’s where the club should be.”

Rejecting Real for us

“Well, you never know with those things,” he said when asked if he regretted not moving to the Bernabeu.

“I think I chose well because I went to England to become a professional footballer, and I succeeded. I am very grateful to Liverpool, I have left great friends there. But now I think only about making my Milan debut.”

Gerrard

“What did I learn from Steven Gerrard? His professionalism.

“With the level he has shown, all that he has won and the admiration that he has generated and still generates in his city, in his country and all around the world. Steven trains each day as if it were his first, as if he was a youth player. It was a daily lesson.”

Also, he is wearing the #8 shirt at Milan!
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1338: Jan 19, 2015 06:48:04 pm
      Suso taking the 8 at Milan. </3
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1339: Jan 19, 2015 06:58:01 pm
      Always liked the lad and wish him all the best at Milan. It's a shame it didn't work out for him here but hopefully he'll become a top player.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #1340: Feb 12, 2015 01:40:23 am
      i like the way he spoke there, especially about choosing well because we made a professional footballer out of him.

seems like he's only come off the bench once though, for ten minutes, and hasn't started a game yet. i wonder if this is an excellent example of an agent getting a move for a player when it may not be best for the player? i mean i know he wanted to play and felt he was stagnating but really, move to a struggling ac milan mid season? what, are they going to dish out first team chances to kids, meanwhile their fans going mental after every position they slip down the table? i guess it's lose lose, you think you could break into a struggling team more than you could a winning team, but as we know most teams choose experience over inexperience when battling for survival.

maybe he would've been better off with that two year loan to porto, was that what they were offering? for some reason i have that in my head.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #1341: Mar 03, 2015 02:44:36 pm
      Not exactly getting a lot of chances there it seems.

Milan’s Suso:”I’m waiting for my chance, the group is united. My favorite role…”
      Suso has struggled to find playing time since joining Milan, and his new club is going through a difficult period. The former Liverpool player gave an interview to Milan Channel where he discussed how he is getting acclimated to Italy:"I'm continuing to adapt, I'm comfortable with my teammates. It's a different football compared to England and Spain, I would have liked to play more but I'm trying to understand well the mechanisms and I'm waiting for my chance. My favorite role is trequartista. In previous  years I played on right wing, on left and as a midfielder. I'm available to the coach. I'm very happy to be here, I like life in Italy, I like the city, there are many things to do and I'm truly comfortable, the more time passes the better things get"
      http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/calciomercato/milans-susoim-waiting-for-my-chance-the-group-is-united-my-favorite-role/
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1342: Mar 03, 2015 03:55:23 pm
      Not exactly getting a lot of chances there it seems.

Milan’s Suso:”I’m waiting for my chance, the group is united. My favorite role…”
      Suso has struggled to find playing time since joining Milan, and his new club is going through a difficult period. The former Liverpool player gave an interview to Milan Channel where he discussed how he is getting acclimated to Italy:"I'm continuing to adapt, I'm comfortable with my teammates. It's a different football compared to England and Spain, I would have liked to play more but I'm trying to understand well the mechanisms and I'm waiting for my chance. My favorite role is trequartista. In previous  years I played on right wing, on left and as a midfielder. I'm available to the coach. I'm very happy to be here, I like life in Italy, I like the city, there are many things to do and I'm truly comfortable, the more time passes the better things get"
      http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/calciomercato/milans-susoim-waiting-for-my-chance-the-group-is-united-my-favorite-role/

The lad doesn't seem to know his arse from his elbow. It was only last season when he was saying that his favourite position was that of a deep play maker, now its trequartista (definitely a FM basher :D). So he left Liverpool because he wasn't getting game time yet goes to a truly dog sh*t team and still doesn't get game time. Great move Suso...
      The Welsh Dragon
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 49 posts |
      Reply #1343: Mar 15, 2015 08:45:00 pm
      Don't necessarily want to bring the argument up again with Suso being lazy, but Borini for sure and G Johnson I think both said he was the laziest player in a questions video. I'm also sure that both were for this season, so Balo was here.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #1344: Mar 18, 2015 02:39:03 am
      maybe all our hype genuinely got to his head?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #1345: Mar 18, 2015 05:40:59 pm
      Seems like Brendan was right and Suso maybe isn't as good as we thought he was going to be.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1346: Mar 18, 2015 05:44:35 pm
      Seems like Brendan was right and Suso maybe isn't as good as we thought he was going to be.

It seems to me that like Rafa, BR values mentality and application.
      Technical skill alone is not enough for him.
      So if Suso falls down in those areas, BR has it spot on again.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Re: Fernandez Suso (Liverpool > AC Milan)
      Reply #1347: Oct 14, 2015 04:05:01 pm
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1348: Oct 14, 2015 04:54:06 pm

The kid oozes so much footballing quality, but whats the point when you don't have that drive and determination to succeed on the pitch, such a waste if true :(
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #1349: Oct 14, 2015 05:23:29 pm

Lazy f**ker doesn't realise how lucky he is.

Will be another wasted talent if he doesn't get his act together fast!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1350: Oct 14, 2015 05:46:51 pm

Not a single quote. Might not be a case of being lazy, might be a case of the manager just simply doesn't want him.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #1351: Oct 14, 2015 06:15:03 pm
      Always struck me as someone that believed  his own hype much too easily. To be great, you have to NOT believe your own hype and go out and prove your worth every single day. 
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1352: Oct 14, 2015 06:23:08 pm
      Always struck me as someone that believed  his own hype much too easily. To be great, you have to NOT believe your own hype and go out and prove your worth every single day. 

Who says he isn't?

Not a single quote. Might not be a case of being lazy, might be a case of the manager just simply doesn't want him.

Why use quotes when you can get a piece from another website, copy n paste and voila reproduce it as your own!!

Too many believe these half-arsed attempts at journalism.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #1353: Oct 14, 2015 06:24:54 pm
      Another boy wonder who isn't anywhere near so good as many of us hoped I'm afraid.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #1354: Oct 14, 2015 06:25:38 pm

Well if he was proving himself he wouldn't be getting transferred would he?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1355: Oct 14, 2015 06:27:14 pm
      Another boy wonder who isn't anywhere near so good as many of us hoped I'm afraid.

Or someone else fu**ed about by Bren, sold to a team that's even in a worse shape than us and could really do with going back home to Spain.

Always looked alright imo whenever he stepped up to the first team.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1356: Oct 14, 2015 06:28:00 pm
      Well if he was proving himself he wouldn't be getting transferred would he?

Yeah cos Andy Carroll got that chance under Big Bren didn't he?

Quick Reply