Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Fernandez Suso (Liverpool > AC Milan)

Read 190787 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Fernandez Suso Player Thread
      Reply #1196: Dec 19, 2014 09:05:49 pm
      Not good enough... Another Pacheco and complete waste of money.

Clearly. Love to know what you have based this on.
      Mad4LFC
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 989 posts | 81 
      Reply #1197: Dec 19, 2014 09:10:35 pm
      Clearly. Love to know what you have based this on.

Watched them both in resies many a time both showed promise both lightweight and show no sign of improving their faults, both will not make it at highest level, was right about Pacheco will be same with Suso.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1198: Dec 19, 2014 09:12:08 pm
      Watched them both in resies many a time both showed promise both lightweight and show no sign of improving their faults, both will not make it at highest level, was right about Pacheco will be same with Suso.

Suso done well when he has played for us, particularly against the Mancs, not to mention he had a very good season in La Liga and was keeping pace with Messi on assists. But then you were right about Pacheco  :roll:
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1199: Dec 19, 2014 09:37:14 pm

So you're basing your thoughts about Suso not being good enough on a few reserve matches? There couldn't be a worst basis for a prediction as that right there. I'm guessing you didn't see him in any of his games for Almeria or any of the first team matches for Liverpool that he has played up until now? It appears not. Suso is miles ahead of where Pacheco was at the same age.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #1200: Dec 19, 2014 10:40:07 pm
      this guy unfortunately didnt get a real chance in liverpool
      he spent most of his time at lliverpool away on loans and newer really get a chance in the first team
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #1201: Dec 19, 2014 10:42:35 pm

What are each players faults?
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #1202: Dec 21, 2014 10:06:34 am

Suso is a far better player technically than Pacheco ever was or likely to be

I don't think Suso will stay, maybe the league isn't quote suited to him, in a more technical league he will thrive..

I guarantee you that Suso consistently plays at a higher level than Pacheco

We wont witness it, but that doesn't mean there isn't a player there
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #1203: Dec 21, 2014 11:07:24 am
      most certainly Suso will be heading for italy  with milan, he is being mentioned in nearly every transfer related program i watched since the summer window,
       I think we will somehow regret we have not given him some real chance to  show what a technical player he is
      he will do well in italy, maybe its his type of football he is comfortable with

YNWA
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1204: Dec 21, 2014 01:22:19 pm
      Since Rafa took over, I have been following our youth, and come to think of it, has there been a more technically gifted player than Suso that's played in the youth setup? I don't think there has.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #1205: Dec 21, 2014 01:48:53 pm
      maybe that reason we not up fighting for leagues every year, we buy sh*t players like allen, still let go of good players like suso go, and youth not get chance in our club,
      BostonScouse
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 715 posts | 106 
      Reply #1206: Dec 28, 2014 05:11:23 pm
      So is he definitely off soon? Would be a shame. I really thought a loan to another prem club would've made sense this year. I just want to see what he can do.
      Mad4LFC
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 989 posts | 81 
      Reply #1207: Dec 28, 2014 05:49:22 pm
      Since Rafa took over, I have been following our youth, and come to think of it, has there been a more technically gifted player than Suso that's played in the youth setup? I don't think there has.

you could argue hes very similar to Pacheco another who couldnt make the step up. Having also watch the youth set up since following Niel Mellor then wondering how he never made it and banging head against the wall, you realise there is no exact science in who can and cannot make it to the next level. Personally i think Lbe is our next lad to make it.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1208: Dec 28, 2014 10:19:01 pm
      you could argue hes very similar to Pacheco another who couldnt make the step up. Having also watch the youth set up since following Niel Mellor then wondering how he never made it and banging head against the wall, you realise there is no exact science in who can and cannot make it to the next level. Personally i think Lbe is our next lad to make it.

Never rated Pacheco and always thought he was a decent for his age, but nothing special. Suso is a far better footballer than Pacheco too. He has a magical left foot and can ping passes as well as keep them short. Different type of players for me because I see Suso more as a midfielder, an Isco type, but I agree, similar attributes in which Suso accelerates at.  Also, Suso is actually quite strong if you watched him last season at Almeria. He shields the ball quite well. He's definitely no push over and a willing back tracker, so I don't get where this lightweight is coming from?

As for Ibe, I've been keeping an eye on him at Derby, hes very direct, quick and strong for his age, more of your typical kind of winger. I think he'll make it if given an opportunity, same with Suso, but whether it'll be for us remains to be seen.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #1209: Dec 29, 2014 06:57:32 pm
      As for Ibe, I've been keeping an eye on him at Derby, hes very direct, quick and strong for his age, more of your typical kind of winger. I think he'll make it if given an opportunity, same with Suso, but whether it'll be for us remains to be seen.
      About Ibe, as long as FSG is in charge he will be sold no matter how good he is when the right offer comes along. Same for Raheem. We've seen it for Luis.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1210: Jan 06, 2015 12:30:46 am
      Oh well, cya Suso, hope you have a successful career and don't come back to haunt us!!

Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1211: Jan 06, 2015 01:04:39 am
      Oh well, cya Suso, hope you have a successful career and don't come back to haunt us!!

??
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1212: Jan 06, 2015 01:11:23 am

sorry, forgot to put link down.

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2015/01/liverpool-midfielder-suso-agrees-deal-ac-milan-reports/

He's as good as gone. If he had a future here, he would've been used more by Rodgers before his injury and would've signed a contract at the beginning of the season.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1213: Jan 06, 2015 01:22:10 am
      sorry, forgot to put link down.

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2015/01/liverpool-midfielder-suso-agrees-deal-ac-milan-reports/

He's as good as gone. If he had a future here, he would've been used more by Rodgers before his injury and would've signed a contract at the beginning of the season.

Gutted.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #1214: Jan 06, 2015 04:29:52 am
      Can't help but worry that we will regret him leaving....

If the transfer committee and management thought Moses was better.... Well it doesn't fill me with confidence they've made the right decision here...
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #1215: Jan 06, 2015 08:05:17 am
      He's gonna be a huge star, shame not for us :/
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1216: Jan 06, 2015 08:10:25 am
      Never given a proper chance can't blame him wanting first team football. And then he sees the likes of Allen played in front of him!!
      Red8
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 342 posts | 38 
      Reply #1217: Jan 06, 2015 10:47:23 am
      if he must go, then I'm happy he goes to Milan. That way i'll keep watching him :)
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #1218: Jan 06, 2015 11:07:41 am
      you could argue hes very similar to Pacheco another who couldnt make the step up.

Pacheco was never really given a chance.  Not saying he was going to be the next Messi or anything but each pre-season he came back and did well but then was sent right back out on loan.  Maybe he had an attitude problem or something but there's nothing he did on the pitch to suggest he wasn't up to scratch.

The summer Rodgers came in Pacheco did VERY well in some of the pre-season games.  Ran the show.  Result?  Sent out on loan.

Pacheco may or may not have been good enough.  But he never had a run if games to show his worth, whatever it may have been.

Quick Reply