Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Fenway plans for a new/redeveloped Anfield stadium?

Read 333883 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,955 posts | 8458 
      Re: NESV plans for a new/redeveloped Anfield stadium?
      Reply #115: Oct 16, 2010 07:10:56 pm
      Although Id Like to stay at Anfield, just cant see the council changing thier minds on this. Plus the revenue lost on stands being closed wont appeal to the owners, not to mention the lost atmos. with fewer people attending.
      Apart from the centenary , all sides would need major works to get thier precious corporate boxes installed

I imagine the minute we decide to go ahead with building a new stadium, the council will throw the idea of a groundshare in, Moye's has already tried bringing it back up with his comments favouring it during his press conference on Friday.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,955 posts | 8458 
      Reply #116: Oct 16, 2010 07:16:38 pm
      I think a new stadium is a must,i can't see Anfield being redeveloped larger than 60,000.Whats going to happen when Old Trafford gets redeveloped to 90,000,we'll be stuck when they will be taking in around a million pounds more per game than we will.I think we have the fans to sell out at least a 70,000 stadium for each game,then you have all the people wanting to go for the stadium tours in the new stadium and the better facilities for the fans with no space restrictions when building a new stadium.
      I love anfield as much as everyone but i think its time we start com-peeting with the likes of Barcelona,ac Milan,man u,real madrid in the transfer market by taking in more gate receipts.

And they also make money from tours around the historic if redeveloped grounds, Anfield is as historic a ground as any of the above.

Look at how Utd trade on that Theatre of Dreams bollocks, we wouldn't even have to use that, one simple name = Anfield, known throughout the world.

I used to think a new stadium would be great and then I think about all the boss, crazy and mental times and the sheer amazing sound from the kop from the European games from the last ten years, the intimidation of Barca, Juve, Inter by the Kop as we swatted them aside.

I'm sorry, I don't want to lose it.
      staffletop
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 679 posts | 29 
      Reply #117: Oct 16, 2010 08:25:25 pm
      On a personal note, isnt it about time the best club in the world had a car park.?

I know the current situation is great for the kiddy car park 'attendends' and a quid is cheap but surely...;D
      sir bob paisley
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #118: Oct 17, 2010 12:09:59 am
      Fans who think that were getting a 90,000 seat stadium have got to wake up!     The reason the new ground plan is 60,000, is anything above that will require massive transport infrastructure improvements which neither the club or the council can afford.     HOK stadium was designed to be increased in the future, to around 75,000 when these improvemnts are in place, and driving to any new stadium will be virtually impossible unless your willing to park in Norris Green and walk 3 miles, it will be all park and ride and public transport blah, blah!
      As for redeveloping Anfield, sounds great, but due to our totally useless former chairman Mr. Moores, and his corner shop attitude when in charge the stadium will have to be virtually re-built, take the old Kemlyn Road, which was turned into the centenary, the roof is supported by massive two massive columns, which means the corners cannot be used its the same with the kop, its cheaper to build, but ends up costing more when you have to knock the bloody thing down, its a bit like buying Jermaine Pennant for £6m, when you could have got Dani Alves for £12m.
      If a groundshare is not an option (which I think it should be) then the only solution (to the funding and revenue streams) is a stadium similar to Arizona Cardinals in Pheonix, its a domed stadium with a retractable
      roof and its pitch slides in allowing the facility to be used constantly for concerts, exhibitions etc, its brilliant!
      Forget the plaza, knock the stands down, leave the pitch and plant 96 trees around it as a memorial! YNWA
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,955 posts | 8458 
      Reply #119: Oct 18, 2010 11:49:45 am
      On a personal note, isnt it about time the best club in the world had a car park.?

I know the current situation is great for the kiddy car park 'attendends' and a quid is cheap but surely...;D

A quid, you joking it's a fiver now!!

There is a car park, official permitted ones are Stanley Car park and the centenary side
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #120: Oct 18, 2010 12:08:29 pm
      All the houses mainly around Anfield are empty houses - so knock em down and renovate Anfield
      cozza_man_yeah
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 82 posts |
      • Ní bheidh tú ag siúl in aonar.
      Reply #121: Oct 18, 2010 02:46:09 pm
      I'm all for redeveloping Anfield - its our home, and I was really gutted we may be leaving!
      Here here. :)
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #122: Nov 28, 2010 12:34:57 pm
      When are we going to hear about the plan for either a new ground or redevelopment?

I got the impression we would have heard something by now.
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #123: Nov 28, 2010 12:43:36 pm
      Yeah, give us something to go on NESV, as long as we're moving forward.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #124: Nov 28, 2010 12:45:12 pm
      When are we going to hear about the plan for either a new ground or redevelopment?

I got the impression we would have heard something by now.

Not until a full board is in place & I'm not expecting to hear anything about a stadium until the end of the season.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      Reply #125: Nov 28, 2010 01:19:29 pm
      I felt the council wanted a plan in place ASAP?
      corballyred
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #126: Nov 28, 2010 01:25:35 pm
      NESV are saying nothing at all they are hardly instilling confidence.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #127: Nov 28, 2010 03:00:39 pm
      I think a decision on refurbishing Anfield and moving to another stadium is too big of a decision to make straight away.

And i think i'd much rather one decision being made in time and stuck to, rather than the sh*te we heard from the previous owners that cost us 110m in planning and nothing was done in the end.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #128: Nov 28, 2010 03:27:12 pm
      I think a decision on refurbishing Anfield and moving to another stadium is too big of a decision to make straight away.

And I think I'd much rather one decision being made in time and stuck to, rather than the sh*te we heard from the previous owners that cost us 110m in planning and nothing was done in the end.
      And it only cost £121,000,000 to build the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff, so how come they wasted all that in planing?
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      Reply #129: Nov 28, 2010 03:43:01 pm
      And it only cost £121,000,000 to build the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff, so how come they wasted all that in planing?

Because they hired there own cronies. Backhander and Bung plc.
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #130: Nov 29, 2010 12:00:41 am
      Doubt we will hear anything regarding this for at least a few months.
      « Last Edit: Nov 29, 2010 12:09:51 am by Dannylfc »
      Fan 86
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 760 posts | 38 
      Reply #131: Jan 29, 2011 06:03:51 am
      Any rumours at all on this?.
      anfieldroad
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 582 posts | 18 
      Reply #132: Feb 01, 2011 01:38:45 pm

i read an article a few months ago stating a decision to build a new stadium on stanley park is needed by may 2011 or planning permission will be lost, if i remember correctly the liverpool city council are for a new stadium as it would lead to a massive overhaul of the surrounding area
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,955 posts | 8458 
      Reply #133: Feb 04, 2011 09:03:52 am

From Oliver Kay on Twitter:

Indications from John W Henry that #LFC leaning towards redevelopment of Anfield rather than new stadium. Thumbs up from this traditionalist
      about 1 hour ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

Thumbs up from me too if true!

Fan 86
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 760 posts | 38 
      Reply #134: Feb 04, 2011 12:41:26 pm
      Great news,ummed and ahhhd about this but after seeing Mcgurks very professional mock up plans my heart is set on redevelopment .
      insideanfield
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 472 posts | 22 
      Reply #135: Feb 04, 2011 01:04:03 pm
      It seems John Henry loves the atmosphere at Anfield and may revamp the stadium rather than start from scratch.

He did the same at the Boston Red Sox and I guess it saves a huge amount of money to revamp rather than build a new stadium from the ground up. I'd prefer to stay at Anfield personally.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/9387492.stm
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #136: Feb 04, 2011 01:25:05 pm
      Logically how big can the current Anfield become without having seats in the sky where ye can see nothing?

Current capacity well call 45000. Space behind the main stand if houses are demolished. Space behind the Kemlyn if you take the car park space. No space behind the Kop and nothing behind the Anny road unless it builds out over the road.

Knock the main stand for renovation takes around 12000 seats out plus the dressing room areas and all that lark. Could it be redeveloped between May and August? Unlikely so that leaves a fairly low capacity for a season. However the bonus would be that when built. as a double tier, it could hold upwards of 20000

Kemlyn and Anny road could meet in the corner to become almost one double tier with potential of 30000 plus.

Work on the Kop kept to a minimum left holding around 12000 and your left with 60/65000 with not much room for further development.

Would that be enough?  Would do for me
      insideanfield
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 472 posts | 22 
      Reply #137: Feb 04, 2011 01:39:06 pm
      Logically how big can the current Anfield become without having seats in the sky where ye can see nothing?

Current capacity well call 45000. Space behind the main stand if houses are demolished. Space behind the Kemlyn if you take the car park space. No space behind the Kop and nothing behind the Anny road unless it builds out over the road.

Knock the main stand for renovation takes around 12000 seats out plus the dressing room areas and all that lark. Could it be redeveloped between May and August? Unlikely so that leaves a fairly low capacity for a season. However the bonus would be that when built. as a double tier, it could hold upwards of 20000

Kemlyn and Anny road could meet in the corner to become almost one double tier with potential of 30000 plus.

Work on the Kop kept to a minimum left holding around 12000 and your left with 60/65000 with not much room for further development.

Would that be enough?  Would do for me

I really enjoyed that breakdown.

60,000 seater would be on par with Arsenal and more than Chelsea so the third largest stadium in England (how much does Newcastle hold)?

That would do for Liverpool I think.

Quick Reply