Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2756401 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: New Owners of LFC
      Reply #13639: May 07, 2014 11:59:14 pm
      I have one word for FSG....

SPEND
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #13640: May 08, 2014 02:34:17 am
      So citeh are looking at getting a punishment of their squad reduced to 21 for the CL and we need to spend a small fortune just to have a squad as big as their reduced squad?

That's quite literally about the size of it.

That fat bellend Platini is useless.

Man City's punishment is insignificant - any fine is just pennies for those human rights abusing scum, and a reduction in Champions League squad is going to harm them? Really?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #13641: May 08, 2014 02:43:10 am
      Think many people will put aside their reservations about FSG this summer. I reckon they're going to give Brendan some free reign and we will be very happy.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #13642: May 08, 2014 03:03:28 am
      I have one word for FSG....

SPEND

I hope Brendan did a Jerry Maguire on JWH when signing his new contract:

JERRY MAGUIRE (Tom Cruise) - SHOW ME THE MONEY (clean edit)
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #13643: May 08, 2014 03:14:27 am
      That fat bellend Platini is useless.

Man City's punishment is insignificant - any fine is just pennies for those human rights abusing scum, and a reduction in Champions League squad is going to harm them? Really?
      Should be a points deduction this season.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #13644: May 08, 2014 06:49:57 am
      I disagree.  They said when they took over that they were looking at a long term plan to regain our status as a top club.  They mucked up originally by thinking they could just spend a load and break back into the top 4, but our players like Downing, Carrol, & Adam failed us and we had to rethink the strategy.  Since then, the recruitment strategy has been very consistent:

- Buy talented young players and build a squad with good chemistry and understanding over time
      - Don't pay over the top in transfer fees or wages in order to limit the risk factor associated with player transfers
      - Tie the best players and key contributors down to long term contracts (Agger, Skrtel, Gerrard, and Suarez have all been given lucrative long term deals in the last 2 years)

FSG have had a positive impact on almost every tangible aspect of the club.  We are playing better football, we have a better playing staff (on lower wages), we have increased commercial revenues, and they just unveiled the stadium expansion plans.  They also have us on the brink of winning our first league title in over 20 years, and we are guaranteed a spot back in the CL next season which we have not been a part of in 5 long years!!

Have to excuse me but I've really only just seen this, the basis of your comment is that FSG having tried throwing money at the business and contrary to all the factors that say the procedure should have done the trick - the result was actually a reversal of that premise.
      How can this be I hear you ask?
      FSG with their extraordinary successful business ethic which almost guarantees every asset they take on turns to gold, also had a representative on the front end of the operation in the form of Damien Comolli who was charged with monitoring the managerial role of Kenny Dalglish.
      The upshot of the arrangement was as extraordinary successful for the company as any of their previous dealings:
      1/  FSG succeed in gaining complete control of managerial appointment with the supporters/club choice completely discredited with the help of Comolli.
      2/ Comolli played a major roll in signing Adams, Carroll and Downing and in spite of his performance being under scrutiny as well, was allowed to continue hurling spanners at the mechanism.
      3/ Kenny Dalglish is summoned to Boston and unceremoniously sacked.
      4/ Comolli is weighed in for wrongful dismissal (out of club funds of course).
      5/ FSG can now appoint a manager of their choice, as we all know Brendan has enjoyed the most amazing, incredible success which has surprised everyone, none more than the owners apparently. The shock is still affecting the owners who apparently have developed a commercial amnesia and are neglecting to bolster their asset, they also forget about speculating to accumulate.

Without doubt the hiccup experienced with Carroll et al has eventually benefitted the owners in that the getting your fingers burnt scenario has enabled them to be ultra-economic, holding on to their money with even whiter knuckles.
      Ain't that strange?

EDIT: sh*t  I answered that previously, that's what you get for thinking too hard at uncivilised hours in the morning.
      Some different aspects to the reply anyway.
      « Last Edit: May 08, 2014 07:07:20 am by stuey »
      hobbes2702
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 569 posts | 34 
      Reply #13645: May 08, 2014 08:30:29 am
      Have to excuse me but I've really only just seen this, the basis of your comment is that FSG having tried throwing money at the business and contrary to all the factors that say the procedure should have done the trick - the result was actually a reversal of that premise.
      FSG with their extraordinary successful business ethic which almost guarantees every asset they take on turns to gold, also had a representative on the front end of the operation in the form of Damien Comolli who was charged with monitoring the managerial role of Kenny Dalglish.
      The upshot of the arrangement was as extraordinary successful for the company as any of their previous dealings:
      1/  FSG succeed in gaining complete control of managerial appointment with the supporters/club choice completely discredited with the help of Comolli.
      2/ Comolli played a major roll in signing Adams, Carroll and Downing and in spite of his performance being under scrutiny as well, was allowed to continue hurling spanners at the mechanism.
      5/ FSG can now appoint a manager of their choice, as we all know Brendan has enjoyed the most amazing, incredible success which has surprised everyone, none more than the owners apparently. The shock is still affecting the owners who apparently have developed a commercial amnesia and are neglecting to bolster their asset, they also forget about speculating to accumulate.

Without doubt the hiccup experienced with Carroll et al has eventually benefitted the owners in that the getting your fingers burnt scenario has enabled them to be ultra-economic, holding on to their money with even whiter knuckles.
      Ain't that strange?

EDIT: sh*t  I answered that previously, that's what you get for thinking too hard at uncivilised hours in the morning.

That's quite the conspiracy

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #13646: May 08, 2014 09:19:18 am

The vast majority of conspiracy theories lack a sense of cohesiveness or there is a glaring lapse of reality, the facts outlined all link a natural progression and culminate in a description of current events, neither a conspiracy or a theory.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #13647: May 08, 2014 11:54:23 am
      The vast majority of conspiracy theories lack a sense of cohesiveness or there is a glaring lapse of reality, the facts outlined all link a natural progression and culminate in a description of current events, neither a conspiracy or a theory.

lets face it I think FSG would be quite happy if we reached CL qualification and top 4 each season.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #13648: May 08, 2014 12:06:47 pm
      lets face it I think FSG would be quite happy if we reached CL qualification and top 4 each season.

More than happy because on the face of it that represents an improvement.
      An improved marketable prospect, an improved holding, an improved trading entity - FSG need not worry about the footballing aspect of the equation.
      If the presentation of LFC plc sustains a robust format FSG have not a care in the world.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #13649: May 08, 2014 12:12:47 pm
      More than happy because on the face of it that represents an improvement.
      An improved marketable prospect, an improved holding, an improved trading entity - FSG need not worry about the footballing aspect of the equation.
      If the presentation of LFC plc sustains a robust format FSG have not a care in the world.

they don't have the emotional connection to the club that we do. So as we try to keep upbeat in the vane hope West Ham gift us the title they will be thinking they have advanced by at least a couple of years without much financial input. If they are serious (stupid point I know) about making this club winners on the field they will make this summer the best we have had since we bought Barnes Beardlsey,Aldo etc because that is the standard we now need to move up to the next level.It certainly is "over to you JH"
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #13650: May 08, 2014 12:23:00 pm
      Guys I'm fairly sure that the owners want us to win every bit as much as we do, but perhaps for different reasons. The more success this club gets the greater the reputation of the club becomes internationally and hence the more money they earn from merchandising. Top 4 should be the very minimum of their ambitions, it's winning leagues which propels clubs to the mega bucks so make no bones about it the owners want success as much as we do.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #13651: May 08, 2014 12:42:26 pm
      they don't have the emotional connection to the club that we do. So as we try to keep upbeat in the vane hope West Ham gift us the title they will be thinking they have advanced by at least a couple of years without much financial input. If they are serious (stupid point I know) about making this club winners on the field they will make this summer the best we have had since we bought Barnes Beardlsey,Aldo etc because that is the standard we now need to move up to the next level.It certainly is "over to you JH"

Noticed the lovely Linda getting feisty at the game last time she accompanied her fella on a visit, maybe JWH sees taking the edge off the thrust in the side as a way of diluting his good ladies desire and enthusiasm therefor preserving a semblance of manhood.
      By some perverse logic he might also think the same applies to the team's supporters, if he dumbs down expectation levels it will curb the rabid desire and enthusiasm in so doing give him a quieter life.
      Not the first time LFC and sex have been mentioned in the same context.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #13652: May 08, 2014 01:04:51 pm
      Should be a points deduction this season.

Why should there be? Since when have FIFA/UEFA and the Champions League have anything to do with the Premier League? Only the FA/Premier League can give out points deductions.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #13653: May 08, 2014 03:03:05 pm
      Because I want there to be and it would give us the title ;D

DUH.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #13654: May 08, 2014 03:26:19 pm
      can you imagine if we signed 3 more players of the quality of Luis we would be unbeatable but that is going to cost.Personally I think two fullbacks who can attack and defend are a must plus 3 or 4 quality squad players and that lot will get us up to £60 or £70mil.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #13655: May 08, 2014 05:35:52 pm

Ain't that strange?

This really is an extraordinary post of supposition piled on paranoia, piled on more supposition, all without a single shred of proof.
      had a representative on the front end of the operation in the form of Damien Comolli who was charged with monitoring the managerial role of Kenny Dalglish.
      As you well know, Comolli was recommended on the advice of people consulted throughout the English game, chief amongst them was Brian Barwick.
      I suppose you're going to try and tell me that Barwick was in on this devious plot as well.
      Fact KK named the players he wanted, Comolli went out and bought them, and bought badly, for which he was sacked.

FSG have control of whatever the F**k they want to do. They sacked Hodgson, and then brought in Comolli and then KK. The idea that this was some long term plan to discredit Dalglish is not only ludicrous, it's deluded, as is the idea that Comolli was paid to do it, and that his sacking and was part of some evil masterplan to discredit KK, who they didn't even have to hire in the first place.

KK wanted all these players. He is on record as saying so. He is also on record as saying that his was the final word in any signing.
      Comolli fu**ed up by overpaying (or not depending on your point of view), but these were all players he had been instructed by the manager to go out and buy. In other words, 2/ is another load of paranoid, made up bullshit.

Wow, something that might very well be true. The problem is that neither you nor anyone else knows the ins and outs of KK's sacking.
      He "parted ways" as manager, is all we know. Again, anything else is pure speculation.

So, let me get this straight, the owners, with the help of Comolli, devise a cunning plan to discredit a man they had not yet hired and sack him at some indeterminate point in the future, and then reward Comolli by losing a case of wrongful dismissal?
      That's actually pretty funny it's so bizarre.

FSG can appoint a manager of their choice any F***ing time they choose. They own the club, they are in charge, they do the hiring and firing.
      Quite why they would jump through all these hoops is beyond me, and the reasoning (and the made up stuff) is frankly, pretty bizarre.
      BR's success hasn't done anything except put us ahead of his own plan by a year. You know, the plan in the dossier that he showed to FSG  when they interviewed him nand played a major part in impressing them so much they offered him the job.
      The transfer window isn't open yet, but already they are not bothering to "bolster their asset" as you put it?
      They also didn't forget to "speculate to accumulate". They stated very, very clearly that the club would spend only the funds it generated itself, which is why they have worked so hard on securing new partnerships and sponsorship deals.

Taken all in all, I think I can safely agree with the other poster who called this a conspiracy theory.
      Not a shred of proof, mis-representation all the way, facts twisted or altered to suit the agenda, and an under current of total paranoia lavishly interspersed with dollops of bullshit.
      Yes, that sounds like quite a few of the conspiracy theories I've come across.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #13656: May 08, 2014 07:05:15 pm
      This really is an extraordinary post of supposition piled on paranoia, piled on more supposition, all without a single shred of proof.As you well know, Comolli was recommended on the advice of people consulted throughout the English game, chief amongst them was Brian Barwick.
      I suppose you're going to try and tell me that Barwick was in on this devious plot as well.
      Fact KK named the players he wanted, Comolli went out and bought them, and bought badly, for which he was sacked.

Where is the proof KD wanted any of those players? You conveniently neglect to mention that Comolli had a 50% management role with KD, a situation instigated by FSG, it is not unimaginable that Comolli kept his employers up to speed with every aspect of the deal from start to finish, in that respect any of these transactions could have been halted at any time.
       As you point out FSG can do what ''the F**k'' they like.
       There is an infantile suggestion of a ''plot'' in your comment with the inclusion of an obscure advisor Barwick to somehow give your assertions some substance.

FSG have control of whatever the F**k they want to do. They sacked Hodgson, and then brought in Comolli and then KK. The idea that this was some long term plan to discredit Dalglish is not only ludicrous, it's deluded, as is the idea that Comolli was paid to do it, and that his sacking and was part of some evil masterplan to discredit KK, who they didn't even have to hire in the first place.

You seem convinced about this plot thing and seem hell bent on making it stick, where have I intimated that this was a ''long term plan'' to discredit KD?
      What I have said is FSG have used these procedures to put themselves in a position where football is a secondary consideration to their financial propriety.

KK wanted all these players. He is on record as saying so. He is also on record as saying that his was the final word in any signing.
      Comolli fu**ed up by overpaying (or not depending on your point of view), but these were all players he had been instructed by the manager to go out and buy.

You would have us believe FSG appointed Comolli to do no more than stand by his mobile waiting for Kenny to tell him how much the phone call was gonna cost FSG!?!? F***ing hell give us a break.
      According to your version of events Comolli was then sacked for answering the phone.

He was 50% of the management team initiated by FSG, check it out for fucks sake and stop wasting everybody's time with your agenda.

In other words, 2/ is another load of paranoid, made up bullshit.
      Wow, something that might very well be true. The problem is that neither you nor anyone else knows the ins and outs of KK's sacking.
      He "parted ways" as manager, is all we know. Again, anything else is pure speculation.
      So, let me get this straight, the owners, with the help of Comolli, devise a cunning plan to discredit a man they had not yet hired and sack him at some indeterminate point in the future, and then reward Comolli by losing a case of wrongful dismissal?
      FSG can appoint a manager of their choice any F***ing time they choose. They own the club, they are in charge, they do the hiring and firing.
      Quite why they would jump through all these hoops is beyond me, and the reasoning (and the made up stuff) is frankly, pretty bizarre.
      BR's success hasn't done anything except put us ahead of his own plan by a year. You know, the plan in the dossier that he showed to FSG  when they interviewed him nand played a major part in impressing them so much they offered him the job.
      The transfer window isn't open yet, but already they are not bothering to "bolster their asset" as you put it?
      They also didn't forget to "speculate to accumulate". They stated very, very clearly that the club would spend only the funds it generated itself, which is why they have worked so hard on securing new partnerships and sponsorship deals.

Taken all in all, I think I can safely agree with the other poster who called this a conspiracy theory.
      Not a shred of proof, mis-representation all the way, facts twisted or altered to suit the agenda, and an under current of total paranoia lavishly interspersed with dollops of bullshit.

Really couldn't be arsed fannying about with the rest of this waffle, suffice to say KD was convinced he was being summoned to Boston on a purely amicable matter and was shocked to be sacked.
      It is laughable the way the comment withers away and is reduced to personal reference while the thrust of the muse evaporates.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #13657: May 08, 2014 07:14:07 pm
      Where is the proof KD wanted any of those players? You conveniently neglect to mention that Comolli had a 50% management role with KD, a situation instigated by FSG, it is not unimaginable that Comolli kept his employers up to speed with every aspect of the deal from start to finish, in that respect any of these transactions could have been halted at any time.
       As you point out FSG can do what ''the F**k'' they like.
       There is an infantile suggestion of a ''plot'' in your comment with the inclusion of an obscure advisor Barwick to somehow give your assertions some substance.

You seem convinced about this plot thing and seem hell bent on making it stick, where have I intimated that this was a ''long term plan'' to discredit KD?
      What I have said is FSG have used these procedures to put themselves in a position where football is a secondary consideration to their financial propriety.   
      You would have us believe FSG appointed Comolli to do no more than stand by his mobile waiting for Kenny to tell him how much the phone call was gonna cost FSG!?!? F***ing hell give us a break.
      According to your version of events Comolli was then sacked for answering the phone.

He was 50% of the management team initiated by FSG, check it out for fucks sake and stop wasting everybody's time with your agenda.

In other words, 2/ is another load of paranoid, made up bullshit.

Really couldn't be arsed fannying about with the rest of this waffle, suffice to say KD was convinced he was being summoned to Boston on a purely amicable matter and was shocked to be sacked.
      It is laughable the way the comment withers away and is reduced to personal reference while the thrust of the muse evaporates.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      Direct quotes from KK saying he had the final word on any players and stating that he wanted all three of those players here.

Where are the direct quotes from KK saying he was convinced he was going for an amicable meeting?

You keep banging this stupid F***ing drum and it's all bollocks.

During my time here you have come up with post after post slating the owners with absolutely no proof at all, then you concoct this bizarre post attempting to link together disparate events and turn them into yet another anti FSG rant.

We get it, you don't like them, but as each accusation of yours has been shown to be a load of bollocks, you keep trying to come up with new and improved versions.

It's all sh*te mate, and I'm sure you know it.

If you don't like FSG that's fair enough, but for fucks sake, you're better than that pile of drivel about comolli, who wasn't part of a 50% management team with KK, wasn't put in to keep an eye on him, and wasn't used to discredit him.
      The mistake FSG made was appointing a DoF in the first place, and I believe BR put them straight on that pretty quickly.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #13658: May 08, 2014 07:14:19 pm
      Comoli took the credit for signing Gareth Bates and the like and he was supposed to find young English/British talent.
      Its done and dusted now what matter is that we bring in very high quality players this summer and that we continue with our very progressive attacking football philosophy. Which by the way was the way we played some 50 years ago.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #13659: May 08, 2014 07:14:24 pm
      Guy's we are sitting 2nd in the league with the the best young manager in Europe, Champion's league for the first time in forever and a young talented squad that should only improve and to top it off renovations on Anfield will be commencing soon.

FSG has mad a load of mistakes, there is no doubt of that; however considering where this club was 5 years ago and looking at where we are now I would not exactly call them the anti-Christ.

Kenny Dalglish is back with the club and it would seem has come to peace with what happened, can we not do the same?

And to that point for most of us FSG will never spend enough money, that is the fickleness of supporters; all that being said we mock what happens at the emirates and the bridge when they spend what amounts to a king's ransom every window.

Let's try to enjoy this final match and see what happens this summer, suffice to say some will be pleased others will be angry tis the nature of the nature of the game; but let's save the anger for the true WUM's that come to this board to sew discontent and not rip each other apart.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #13660: May 08, 2014 07:15:24 pm
      Stuey if anyone has an agenda then its clearly you. Your theory is complete and utter rubbish.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #13661: May 08, 2014 07:16:07 pm
      Guy's we are sitting 2nd in the league with the the best young manager in Europe, Champion's league for the first time in forever and a young talented squad that should only improve and to top it off renovations on Anfield will be commencing soon.

FSG has mad a load of mistakes, there is no doubt of that; however considering where this club was 5 years ago and looking at where we are now I would not exactly call them the anti-Christ.

Kenny Dalglish is back with the club and it would seem has come to peace with what happened, can we not do the same?

And to that point for most of us FSG will never spend enough money, that is the fickleness of supporters; all that being said we mock what happens at the emirates and the bridge when they spend what amounts to a king's ransom every window.

Let's try to enjoy this final match and see what happens this summer, suffice to say some will be pleased others will be angry tis the nature of the nature of the game.

If we don't invest at least 80m (pounds) we likely won't have a big enough squad with enough quality to compete on multiple fronts which could hurt our league position. I think the biggest fear for me is that they try to work on a shoestring budget and we fall out of top 4 and don't win any hardware.

Quick Reply