Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2763372 times
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: New Owners of LFC
      Reply #14904: Aug 22, 2014 01:45:24 pm
      Have you get on other records to play? Seriously lad, you could bore a f**king glass eye to sleep.

"What-a-hit-son"

Should be "What-a-cry-baby"..!

Is it THAT hard to accept the truth?(obviously YES in your case!)

Now get back to blowing sunshine up your Yankee heroes arses.  :roll:
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #14905: Aug 22, 2014 03:10:18 pm
      Got the left back and striker that I said would turn this window from a great one into a superb one.  As always, some still aren't happy, but as the saying goes, you can't please all the people all the time and some you can't please some ever because they're moany, whinge-bag shites who wouldn't be happy even if they could force the club to sign who they wanted and if it did all go tits up, they'd find someone else to blame, other than themselves.
      Right. The whole world is to be blamed, including those of us who feel this is a pretty good transfer window. Why? Because the club can never find, afford, lure or replace a like for like Luis.

Moaners, for God's sake wake up! It's impossible to find an exact replacement for him even at a ridiculous price.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #14906: Aug 22, 2014 06:28:43 pm
      Well said Walton.
      Looks like we got 75m for Luis. And some people wanna give John Henry a blowjob for spending SIXTEEN M on his replacement.

The sock puppets like Crounchinho and the usual suspects here are an embarrassment to the club.
      If they were any further up Fenway's arse, they could floss Marty McFly's teeth.

Lets get back to reality. The net spend this yr is moderate. In the previous windows (7 or so is it?) its either been profit. Or a tiny net spend funded by slashed wages.

Not needed and you can cut out the crap about saying what the Liverpool Way is or isn't.

Yes we have only "technically" spent a small amount of money when you take into account the amount we have gotten in but they will never win where some people are concerned.

They could easily have pocketed all the money from Suarez but they didn't, they re-invested it straight back into the team and we have strengthened a very poor defence, the midfield and the attack. We may have lost Suarez but we now have a better balance to the squad if the early indications are anything to go by.

We would have spent £100mill+ this summer basically which is a huge amount of money regardless of the amount we got in for Suarez. The only way some people are happy is if we went and spent 30, 40mill+ on every player we sign.

Just because it is only case of technically spending £16mill of their own money or whatever isn't a bad thing at all. We would have paid just under £40mill for Sterling, Coutinho, Sturridge and Balotelli; the first of them 3 have been fantastic signings yet Chelsea go and spend £50mill on Torres and he has been utter sh*te. It's finding the right players and it isn't about the name of a player when signing them, it's the quality they can bring to the team.

If we win the league or Champions League this season or generally have a fantastic season then I very much doubt that you, or anyone else will be complaining about the owners only spending £16mill of their own money and you will be singing the praises of the players signed this summer like a bunch of hypocrites.

They could easily have thrown a good 200mill on players this summer on players with a world wide name and then started to get in a mess financially. FSG seem to want a strong level of control over the finances at the club and wont put us into a mess like Hicks and Gillette. The fact that they have been able to re-invest so much money this summer through player sales whilst using little of their own money will stand us in good stead where things such as the new stadium are concerned. They wont let us get into a financial mess and I have had my doubts about them, thinking that they are just looking for a profit but I think if that was really the case then they wouldn't have spent so much money this summer (and they have spent so much money because regardless of the amount we have gotten in through Suarez, that amount and more is still going back out of the clubs account). They have finally gotten things underway with the new stadium too which I doubt they would have if they weren't in it for the long haul.

It's not a case of people kissing their ass, being sock puppets or anything like that and that is an incredibly childish way to look at it because they have put us in place to get back to where we once where with a stadium to go with it.

They might well try and screw us over to leave with a massive profit one day but they could be with us for a long time to come yet so as long as they keep backing Rodgers and delivering on the stadium then there is no reason for so much doubt to still be surrounding them.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #14907: Aug 22, 2014 06:58:02 pm
      Are we yet stronger since Louis has left despite the spending. I would say no we are not yet stronger but we have made some very good signings.
      If we sign Mario it may tip the balance.
      This is probably the best transfer window since we signed Torres I can't say I am disappointed with any of our signings but replacing Luis is very very difficult.
      The Lark
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 210 posts | 12 
      Reply #14908: Aug 22, 2014 07:13:57 pm

If we win the league or Champions League this season or generally have a fantastic season then I very much doubt that you, or anyone else will be complaining about the owners only spending £16mill of their own money and you will be singing the praises of the players signed this summer like a bunch of hypocrites.

But the glass half empty brigade would still complain that we could have won the league, CL, FA and league cup if only we'd spent another £50m...

Can't win with some so why bother trying?
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #14909: Aug 22, 2014 07:16:15 pm
      "What-a-hit-son"

Should be "What-a-cry-baby"..!

Is it THAT hard to accept the truth?(obviously YES in your case!)

Now get back to blowing sunshine up your Yankee heroes arses.  :roll:

If you cared to have a look you'd know that I'm far from an FSG fan.

Its just something I don't bore everyone to F***ing tears with per post.

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #14910: Aug 22, 2014 11:01:06 pm
      Are we yet stronger since Louis has left despite the spending. I would say no we are not yet stronger but we have made some very good signings.
      If we sign Mario it may tip the balance.
      This is probably the best transfer window since we signed Torres I can't say I am disappointed with any of our signings but replacing Luis is very very difficult.

I think with the signing of Balotelli and perhaps Eto'o we are now near enough that level mate. I would say we have a team as strong as last season, a much stronger squad and some quality young players who should get better over the next few years.

That doesn't mean we will do better than last season.... I still have my doubts about that, but I think we have put ourselves in a position where we could and where I think next season once the players are integrated and have experienced the prem, may be even better, even if (and obviously we won't) we don't spend as much.

If only we had signed Fabregas  :lmao: even I would be happy.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #14911: Aug 23, 2014 12:05:54 am
      I have to say that I'm happy with this summer's transfers, Balotelli is as good a replacement for Suarez as I could have hoped for.  Falco would have been my first choice, but we were never going to spend that much (fee and wages) on one player,  it's not the JWH way.

I said I wouldn't worry about the net spend so long as the team was sufficiently strengthened,  I believe it has,  so all good  as far as I'm concerned.
      Now, has this window completely convinced me about FSG?  I'm afraid not!  There are still questions about where the money is, or will be going.

I didn't feel like they backed  Brendan enough in the past, and I'm left wondering had it not been for the sale of Suarez,  how well would they have backed him this season? I honestly can't answer that with any degree of certainty.

I know some of you don't care where the money goes,  but really you should!
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #14912: Aug 23, 2014 09:13:33 am
      I don't know a fan base in World football to have such an obsession with net spend as ours. As long as we've made MASSIVE improvements to both our squad quality AND size this window (Which we have) are you really that arsed? Do some people just want to spend money for the sake of having a 'big net spend'?

This window has been the best I can remember in our recent history. We've done some, quite frankly, brilliant business, and anyone trying to find faults is clutching at straws. I doff my hat to Brendan, Ayre and the owners. Now lets win the league.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #14913: Aug 23, 2014 09:51:03 am
      I don't know a fan base in World football to have such an obsession with net spend as ours. As long as we've made MASSIVE improvements to both our squad quality AND size this window (Which we have) are you really that arsed? Do some people just want to spend money for the sake of having a 'big net spend'?

This window has been the best I can remember in our recent history. We've done some, quite frankly, brilliant business, and anyone trying to find faults is clutching at straws. I doff my hat to Brendan, Ayre and the owners. Now lets win the league.

I find it hard to trust multi millionaires in general mate, and FSG haven't taken a single risk to their own personal fortunes.
      We've had good transfer window this time out,  but it doesn't mask the previous poorer windows we've had.

In order for me to trust FSG they need to back the manager on a regular basis. Simples
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #14914: Aug 23, 2014 10:21:06 am
      I find it hard to trust multi millionaires in general mate, and FSG haven't taken a single risk to their own personal fortunes.
      We've had good transfer window this time out,  but it doesn't mask the previous poorer windows we've had.

In order for me to trust FSG they need to back the manager on a regular basis. Simples

''A regular basis'' would of course have included the period before the manager's minor miracle of reaching the dizzy heights of 2nd place in the Prem.
      If BR had had the benefit of an adequate transfer kitty and was able to beef up a skeleton squad it is very possible we could have claimed the ultimate prize, as it was the owners stuck to their ''long term'' story and ironically the rest is history.
      To not recognise that the man you selected to run the business is over and above your original perception is inexcusably short sighted and to not acknowledge the fact is a far greater misjudgement.
      Consequently and by the way it is being acted out almost begrudgingly somebody up there has realised they could have fu**ed up and might just be missing an opportunity.
      A rather cynical summary although with the benefit of experience somewhat excusable.       

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4928 
      Reply #14915: Aug 23, 2014 10:25:13 am

To be fair Orchard they never said they would spend any of their own money and only what the club could afford.

ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #14916: Aug 23, 2014 10:26:31 am
      To be fair Orchard they never said they would spend any of their own money and only what the club could afford.

And that's all I ask from them!

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #14917: Aug 23, 2014 10:33:32 am

Why does Liverpool Football Club PLC differ from any other business undertaking where the maxim ''speculate to accumulate'' is accepted without exception?
      If JWH had only spent what he could afford he would still be shining shoes on Wall St.   
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #14918: Aug 23, 2014 10:34:23 am
      ''A regular basis'' would of course have included the period before the manager's minor miracle of reaching the dizzy heights of 2nd place in the Prem.
      If BR had had the benefit of an adequate transfer kitty and was able to beef up a skeleton squad it is very possible we could have claimed the ultimate prize, as it was the owners stuck to their ''long term'' story and ironically the rest is history.
      To not recognise that the man you selected to run the business is over and above your original perception is inexcusably short sighted and to not acknowledge the fact is a far greater misjudgement.
      Consequently and by the way it is being acted out almost begrudgingly somebody up there has realised they could have fu**ed up and might just be missing an opportunity.
      A rather cynical summary although with the benefit of experience somewhat excusable.       

This is why I have my doubts. The opportunity was there last season and wasn't taken,  that can't happen again.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #14919: Aug 23, 2014 10:35:23 am
      FSG put in the £50m out of their own pocket to cover all the previous failed designs for the new stadium. So that's incorrect to say they have never put in their own money.

There's more financing done by them for the club but that's one that I know is fact off the top of my head.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #14920: Aug 23, 2014 10:37:14 am

I really hate that bullshit phrase, for every success story that perpetuates that myth, you have just as many people, if not more, that lose their shirts trying it.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #14921: Aug 23, 2014 10:54:06 am
      FSG put in the £50m out of their own pocket to cover all the previous failed designs for the new stadium. So that's incorrect to say they have never put in their own money.

There's more financing done by them for the club but that's one that I know is fact off the top of my head.

In the 'swings and roundabout' world mate that is peanuts, FSG must be well happy the way their investment is performing.
      It could be LFC has gone above and beyond their expectation and their guarded ''long term'' projection is now unsuitable if not an inaccurate assessment of the business.
      It does indeed seem as though there has been a reassessment and a loosening of the purse strings, with a little help from Luis of course, although another striker would silence everybody. 
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #14922: Aug 23, 2014 11:02:06 am
      I really hate that bullshit phrase, for every success story that perpetuates that myth, you have just as many people, if not more, that lose their shirts trying it.

The ''long term'' horseshit is just as grating.
      If it is a sound business entity and pitfalls are avoided the phrase is applicable.
      JWH would most likely agree with the basis of the premise.
      H&G on the other hand..........

Two extremes for comparison but you know as I do nothing is set in stone, as a general rule it does have legs.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #14923: Aug 23, 2014 11:27:42 am
      In the 'swings and roundabout' world mate that is peanuts, FSG must be well happy the way their investment is performing.
      It could be LFC has gone above and beyond their expectation and their guarded ''long term'' projection is now unsuitable if not an inaccurate assessment of the business.
      It does indeed seem as though there has been a reassessment and a loosening of the purse strings, with a little help from Luis of course, although another striker would silence everybody. 

You're definitely underestimating the magnitude of the situation they took over.

If you or anyone else believes a Brendan is primarily the reason for our success, would you also believe Brendan could of done what he has under Hicks and Gillett? I don't think anyone would.

They've provided an environment for continued growth. Whether we get a bit of luck along the way doesn't matter. From where we were to where we are now only 3-4 years later is thanks to the collective effort of everyone at the club and when the owners are the paramount authority figures at the club I find it amazing that people still question their ownership.

The continued beating of the "where is the money going" drum by fans just highlights, to me, a lack of business understanding. Prudent, sensible spending leads to less risk of financial instability.

Sensible spending does not mean being tight with money, either. It means spending it when the market or situation dictates and our situation dictated we should spend this summer heavily and we have.

Finally, and the most annoying thing I find about this whole situation, is that we yearned for what we now have. We wanted self-sustainability, owners we don't see in the newspapers and in media every second, smart men and a strong club performing on the pitch. We have that and people still ask for more money being spent.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #14924: Aug 23, 2014 11:51:15 am
      You're definitely underestimating the magnitude of the situation they took over.

If you or anyone else believes a Brendan is primarily the reason for our success, would you also believe Brendan could of done what he has under Hicks and Gillett? I don't think anyone would.

They've provided an environment for continued growth. Whether we get a bit of luck along the way doesn't matter. From where we were to where we are now only 3-4 years later is thanks to the collective effort of everyone at the club and when the owners are the paramount authority figures at the club I find it amazing that people still question their ownership.

The continued beating of the "where is the money going" drum by fans just highlights, to me, a lack of business understanding. Prudent, sensible spending leads to less risk of financial instability.

Sensible spending does not mean being tight with money, either. It means spending it when the market or situation dictates and our situation dictated we should spend this summer heavily and we have.

Finally, and the most annoying thing I find about this whole situation, is that we yearned for what we now have. We wanted self-sustainability, owners we don't see in the newspapers and in media every second, smart men and a strong club performing on the pitch. We have that and people still ask for more money being spent.

You appear to use H&G as some means of comparison to our present owners and suggest we should be grateful that FSG are not acting like complete cu*ts.
      I am not advocating they spend money like it's going out of fashion, strengthening a very viable asset is a concept of which they should recognise and follow through.
      We were sustainable and sound before H&G fu**ed it up in a very short time and we must be grateful to FSG for getting us out of the sh*t, we are now solvent thanks to them and once more a viable threat.
      Having said that it must be asked if that is the sum total of their aspiration, there are areas in which we are comparatively light for the elevated status we now occupy and failure to reinforce will keep us as just a ''viable threat''.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #14925: Aug 23, 2014 12:23:21 pm
      You appear to use H&G as some means of comparison to our present owners and suggest we should be grateful that FSG are not acting like complete cu*ts.
      I am not advocating they spend money like it's going out of fashion, strengthening a very viable asset is a concept of which they should recognise and follow through.
      We were sustainable and sound before H&G fu**ed it up in a very short time and we must be grateful to FSG for getting us out of the sh*t, we are now solvent thanks to them and once more a viable threat.
      Having said that it must be asked if that is the sum total of their aspiration, there are areas in which we are comparatively light for the elevated status we now occupy and failure to reinforce will keep us as just a ''viable threat''.

You've completely misread my posts then if you think I'm only comparing them to H&G.

I've stated what they've done with facts and figures. Them doing so when they took over a completely run down club in such a short time just highlights how impressive they have been.

The counter arguments I have replied to use opinion and personal wants to rule their judgement. "Spend more, buy more, do more" is what I see to judge the owners. That ideology would last five minutes in the business world when people don't back it up with how he should spend more, how it impacts us long term and short term, what if we don't achieve success with their ideas...what happens when we have spent so much and don't achieve what we need to be able to sustain that spending?

My opinion is clear and only time will tell from now if they're to be successful.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #14926: Aug 23, 2014 12:27:56 pm

It's important to know that where the money goes,  you may trust FSG unequivocally, that's your choice,  I don't completely trust anyone who is clearly in business to make money,  people like that don't hold sentimental attachments to businesses they buy for profit purposes. 
      As I've said before, it may well work out for both parties, but they're in this for themselves first and foremost, if and when it suits them to sell they will, probably to the highest bidder.

Quick Reply