Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2764770 times
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: New Owners of LFC
      Reply #15203: Nov 06, 2014 06:38:57 pm
      But will the club give him a motor bike?

Ferrari I think Bill & some GHD straighteners :D
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #15204: Nov 06, 2014 06:59:12 pm
      Players approaching £200k a week at LFC!............ with suarez gone who was on £160k, Gerrard about to have his wage reduced by half and Glen hopefully fu**ed off, we won't even have a single player earning over £100k a week.

Just look at our recent persuit of priority signings, just when it seemed like we were about to land Sanchez, Willian, Salah, Mkhitarayan these signings never materialised. Common theme they all wanted to move here until it came down to discussing wages.
      Even Costa last year decided to stay put with Atletico he was probably insulted with us coming in with our pay as you perform wage structure and thought F**k that I will wait for somebody willing to pay me for what I think I am worth. He didn't think twice about moving to Chelsea!

What's most embarrassing about our persuit of these top targets is the way the club spins bullshit after we fail to land these players - "His girlfriend wanted to stay in London", " We didn't have CL" etc just pure bull rather than admitting a lack of ambition and trying to buy quality by offering peanuts.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #15205: Nov 06, 2014 07:08:36 pm
      Players approaching £200k a week at LFC!............ with suarez gone who was on £160k, Gerrard about to have his wage reduced by half and Glen hopefully fu**ed off, we won't even have a single player earning over £100k a week.

Just look at our recent persuit of priority signings, just when it seemed like we were about to land Sanchez, Willian, Salah, Mkhitarayan these signings never materialised. Common theme they all wanted to move here until it came down to discussing wages.
      Even Costa last year decided to stay put with Atletico he was probably insulted with us coming in with our pay as you perform wage structure and thought F**k that I will wait for somebody willing to pay me for what I think I am worth. He didn't think twice about moving to Chelsea!

What's most embarrassing about our persuit of these top targets is the way the club spins bullshit after we fail to land these players - "His girlfriend wanted to stay in London", " We didn't have CL" etc just pure bull rather than admitting a lack of ambition and trying to buy quality by offering peanuts.

Where are you getting this from?
      Hadn't heard anything like this meself.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #15206: Nov 06, 2014 07:13:13 pm
      Where are you getting this from?
      Hadn't heard anything like this meself.

Common sense, FSG past experience, the club leaking out rubbish that Sanchez wife wanted to move to London when he's not even married and she is in fact still in Barcelona.
      Multiple reasons really.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #15207: Nov 06, 2014 07:15:53 pm
      Common sense, FSG past experience, the club leaking out rubbish that Sanchez wife wanted to move to London when he's not even married and she is in fact still in Barcelona.
      Multiple reasons really.

Oh, right.

I'm on the other side.
      I think we have enough issues (including the owners) without making stuff up, regardless of whether the individual thinks it's "common sense" or not.

And on the same note, it was reported this week, that we offered 3 million more than arsenal did for sanchez, which doesn't really square with this idea of penny pinching.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #15208: Nov 06, 2014 07:16:46 pm
      Multiple reasons really.

Never saw the club leak anything out...Saw stuff in the Telegraph and Daily Fail...(it's said he is secretly married but idk..she is hot and they have been together awhile)...never saw the club publish or say anything.

I guess the papers must do what we tell them though...they would never cross us would they?
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #15209: Nov 06, 2014 07:29:59 pm
      Never saw the club leak anything out...Saw stuff in the Telegraph and Daily Fail...(it's said he is secretly married but idk..she is hot and they have been together awhile)...never saw the club publish or say anything.

I guess the papers must do what we tell them though...they would never cross us would they?

To be fair we have always had "friendly reporters" to leak stories to, as we saw in the battle between Rafa and Parry which was mainly fought through the papers and "un-named sources"
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #15210: Nov 06, 2014 07:38:58 pm
      Talking of Saurez wage he took a pay cut to join Barca as for FSG they usually do their homework when looking for sponsors they have moved us on quite a long way from Parrys time the sponsors now are big business in Parrys time he sold us short on the few sponsors we had whilst  that lot up the road are ten years ahead but the gap is closing hence the 100mill spent in the summer.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #15211: Nov 06, 2014 07:43:37 pm
      Oh, right.

I'm on the other side.
      I think we have enough issues (including the owners) without making stuff up, regardless of whether the individual thinks it's "common sense" or not.

And on the same note, it was reported this week, that we offered 3 million more than arsenal did for sanchez, which doesn't really square with this idea of penny pinching.

Perfect example of the club leaking rubbish to the press so you can come on here and tell everyone.
      I don't believe for a minute they offered £3M more.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #15212: Nov 06, 2014 07:51:56 pm
      Personally, I think this is all getting a bit silly now, and people are actively going out of their way to look for reasons to criticise FSG.

I read the last few pages with no intention of getting involved, and all I've read is the same old tired bollocks.

I suppose some of it is just to deflect criticism away from BR, because the same people who slag off the owners are somewhat fanatical when it comes to defending the manager.
      I think slagging off BR's signings is also a load of bollocks by the way, and I've been consistent in my approach to both these issues.

They are supposed to be siphoning money out of the club, but a quick look shows this is bollocks.

They are supposed to never let the club spend on signings. Also complete horseshit, because they back BR to the extent he probably overpaid by a fair amount for a couple of players.

They are only building us up so they can see us for a profit. Why is that an issue? Moaning fuckers should be happy they will be gone at some point. But a word of caution would be "better the devil you know" etc

They forced players out to trim the wage bill. Maybe, maybe not, but one thing we can be sure of is that paying CL wages when scraping a mid-table position isn't sustainable, and those same players have hardly set the world alight elsewhere now, have they.

They sacked King Kenny. Well so F***ing what? He doesn't seem too bothered about it, as he's now back at the club, and the same moaning fuckers who complain about BR's results should have the courage of their convictions and admit that both his (KK's) signings (ohno, the bad ones were comolli's, the good ones were Kenny's) and the team performances were not up to scratch. Chuck in the fact he fired them an ultimatum, and it was only ever going to end one way. Here's some big F***ing news: Even legends get it wrong, and even legends are not F***ing infallible.

They finally get the stadium expansion going after 20 years of F**k all, and some aren't happy with that either.

They get the commercial side out of intensive care, and a pulse going after years of neglect, and people moan that they won't spend their own money, which is something they've been pretty straight about from the start.

Did they "rescue" us from administration? Some think they did, others are not so sure, but the one thing I will say is that I'm glad those 2 F***ing monkeys got the boot, because by now we'd be in the championship, having had our expectations managed all the way there by roy F***ing hodgson, who FSG sacked after listening to the fans.

They are absentee owners and we rarely see them at Anfield. Really? I mean what the F**k? The same people will then quote Shanks in another thread about how the owners shouldn't be seen or heard. Apparently, not showing up at the ground wearing a F***ing cringeworthy scarf, and parading your kids as lifelong fans is a crime. I mean  Boston must be 30 years behind us, because obviously, they have no internet or video conferencing or any modern tech that helps people communicate. Then again, if he did come over all the time, he'd "obviously" (a word people use a lot to support non existent bullshit propaganda) be interfering in team selection, or banging the mascot or some other sh*te.

They know nothing about football. Well who gives a F**k. I don't want him to know anything about football. I want him to know about making us as financially stable as we can possibly be. I don't F***ing need him to know about football, which is why he hired a manager, coaching staff and took advice from different sources about who it should be.

Are they perfect?
      Are they F**k, but they are nowhere near as bad as some would like to pretend.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #15213: Nov 06, 2014 07:56:04 pm
      Perfect example of the club leaking rubbish to the press so you can come on here and tell everyone.

as opposed to just making sh*t up because I think it sounds good?

All aboard!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #15214: Nov 06, 2014 08:09:35 pm
      as opposed to just making sh*t up because I think it sounds good?

All aboard!

It's a free world mate you believe what makes you happy.
      Scottbot

• 9,612 posts | 2159 
      Reply #15215: Nov 06, 2014 08:12:48 pm
      I don't often visit this thread and have always kinda sat on the fence with respect to FSG, at times I have been happy enough (ie. when they gave Kenny a good chunk of cash to spend early in his tenure) and at others (the ridiculous Clint Dempsey stand off) I have been furious.

But based on our last summer window it doesn't seem quite right to me to be in hear pointing the finger at them. Based on the performances of our transfer targets Brendan (for me) has to take it on the chin. They are not working, the club has spent a ton of money on defenders and we are actually worse in that department. Sakho, Lovren and Moreno represent a new back four and they all look very shaky, throw in Mignolet (who wasn't cheap). And with regards to replacing Suarez I just don't feel like it was a massive priority. Lambert, Remy, Balotelli? None of them are anywhere near the standard are they? And it seems the season hinges on the fitness of Danny Sturridge which was never a safe bet.

All the finger pointing at FSG feels like a deflection to me,I'm not saying they don't deserve a bit but Brendan hasn't bought well has he? And I don't think it is their fault Markovic doesn't look like contributing, Lovren has been poor, Balotelli is completely unsuitable, Moreno is raw, Manquiilio is inexperienced, Lambert is unused. Lallana is the only one who fits the bill so far
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #15216: Nov 06, 2014 08:18:16 pm
      It's a free world mate you believe what makes you happy.

Nah, I'll carry on and believe in facts thanks.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #15217: Nov 06, 2014 08:25:59 pm
      Personally, I think this is all getting a bit silly now, and people are actively going out of their way to look for reasons to criticise FSG.

I read the last few pages with no intention of getting involved, and all I've read is the same old tired bollocks.

I suppose some of it is just to deflect criticism away from BR, because the same people who slag off the owners are somewhat fanatical when it comes to defending the manager.
      I think slagging off BR's signings is also a load of bollocks by the way, and I've been consistent in my approach to both these issues.

They are supposed to be siphoning money out of the club, but a quick look shows this is bollocks.

They are supposed to never let the club spend on signings. Also complete horseshit, because they back BR to the extent he probably overpaid by a fair amount for a couple of players.

They are only building us up so they can see us for a profit. Why is that an issue? Moaning fuckers should be happy they will be gone at some point. But a word of caution would be "better the devil you know" etc

They forced players out to trim the wage bill. Maybe, maybe not, but one thing we can be sure of is that paying CL wages when scraping a mid-table position isn't sustainable, and those same players have hardly set the world alight elsewhere now, have they.

They sacked King Kenny. Well so F***ing what? He doesn't seem too bothered about it, as he's now back at the club, and the same moaning fuckers who complain about BR's results should have the courage of their convictions and admit that both his (KK's) signings (ohno, the bad ones were comolli's, the good ones were Kenny's) and the team performances were not up to scratch. Chuck in the fact he fired them an ultimatum, and it was only ever going to end one way. Here's some big F***ing news: Even legends get it wrong, and even legends are not F***ing infallible.

They finally get the stadium expansion going after 20 years of F**k all, and some aren't happy with that either.

They get the commercial side out of intensive care, and a pulse going after years of neglect, and people moan that they won't spend their own money, which is something they've been pretty straight about from the start.

Did they "rescue" us from administration? Some think they did, others are not so sure, but the one thing I will say is that I'm glad those 2 F***ing monkeys got the boot, because by now we'd be in the championship, having had our expectations managed all the way there by roy F***ing hodgson, who FSG sacked after listening to the fans.

They are absentee owners and we rarely see them at Anfield. Really? I mean what the F**k? The same people will then quote Shanks in another thread about how the owners shouldn't be seen or heard. Apparently, not showing up at the ground wearing a F***ing cringeworthy scarf, and parading your kids as lifelong fans is a crime. I mean  Boston must be 30 years behind us, because obviously, they have no internet or video conferencing or any modern tech that helps people communicate. Then again, if he did come over all the time, he'd "obviously" (a word people use a lot to support non existent bullshit propaganda) be interfering in team selection, or banging the mascot or some other sh*te.

They know nothing about football. Well who gives a F**k. I don't want him to know anything about football. I want him to know about making us as financially stable as we can possibly be. I don't F***ing need him to know about football, which is why he hired a manager, coaching staff and took advice from different sources about who it should be.

Are they perfect?
      Are they F**k, but they are nowhere near as bad as some would like to pretend.

You're entitled to your views mate,  can't say I agree with your assessment though!
      I genuinely believe that you think that FSG will change their wage structure (paying the kind of wages that will attract top players), after a few years or sustained Champions League qualifaction,  coupled with an increase in revenue  through sponsorships and naming rights etc.
      I don't believe this will be the case,  if FSG are building up to the day that they sell the club, it actually make sure the club more attractive to potential buyers to have a low wage bill!

For this reason I believe we can expect the status quo to continue. For me this means (unless we get very lucky) season after season of trying to qualify for the CL without world class players.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #15218: Nov 06, 2014 08:28:44 pm
      I don't often visit this thread and have always kinda sat on the fence with respect to FSG, at times I have been happy enough (ie. when they gave Kenny a good chunk of cash to spend early in his tenure) and at others (the ridiculous Clint Dempsey stand off) I have been furious.

But based on our last summer window it doesn't seem quite right to me to be in hear pointing the finger at them. Based on the performances of our transfer targets Brendan (for me) has to take it on the chin. They are not working, the club has spent a ton of money on defenders and we are actually worse in that department. Sakho, Lovren and Moreno represent a new back four and they all look very shaky, throw in Mignolet (who wasn't cheap). And with regards to replacing Suarez I just don't feel like it was a massive priority. Lambert, Remy, Balotelli? None of them are anywhere near the standard are they? And it seems the season hinges on the fitness of Danny Sturridge which was never a safe bet.

All the finger pointing at FSG feels like a deflection to me,I'm not saying they don't deserve a bit but Brendan hasn't bought well has he? And I don't think it is their fault Markovic doesn't look like contributing, Lovren has been poor, Balotelli is completely unsuitable, Moreno is raw, Manquiilio is inexperienced, Lambert is unused. Lallana is the only one who fits the bill so far

The one thing I have read which exonerates BR a bit, is that he genuinely believed Suarez was going to stay.
      When Barca were tapping him up prior to the WC, they said he didn't want to leave us, and that his initial response was "I am happy at Liverpool, and I am staying there".
      So it makes sense that another striker wasn't a top priority, assuming the only evidence we have is true.

According to Arsenal fans, they had been in negotiations for months, and then we tried to hijack the deal, allegedly by offering more to Barca than Arsenal were bidding.
      Costa was well wrapped by the chavs at that stage as well, and if we'd shelled out however many tens of millions for a season loan of Falcao, who has spent most of his time at utd still injured or not playing for another reason, I can only imagine that some posters heads would have exploded.

I'd be inclined to give BR the benefit of the doubt and say his signings were those of an inexperienced manager, but that all of them still have plenty of time to come good, possibly bar one.
      If he can get Balotelli playing to his system, he is indeed a genius.

Wages seem to be the new stick to beat the owners with, and I have my doubts about their policy, if it is true what we've read.
      However, Arsenal are notoriously tight, and don't seem to have any problems in that department.
      Or spurs for that matter, who signed all the players that people on here were drooling about, only for them to be (and remain) pretty much anonymous.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #15219: Nov 06, 2014 08:33:01 pm
      You're entitled to your views mate,  can't say I agree with your assessment though!
      I genuinely believe that you think that FSG will change their wage structure (paying the kind of wages that will attract top players), after a few years or sustained Champions League qualifaction,  coupled with an increase in revenue  through sponsorships and naming rights etc.
      I don't believe this will be the case,  if FSG are building up to the day that they sell the club, it actually make sure the club more attractive to potential buyers to have a low wage bill!

For this reason I believe we can expect the status quo to continue. For me this means (unless we get very lucky) season after season of trying to qualify for the CL without world class players.

Arsenal manage OK with a very rigid (and tight) pay structure.
      They don't win trophies.
      The only thing they do is consistently get into the CL.

Spurs don't even get into the CL, yet they signed players many on here were going mental about, and their wage structure is even stingier than arsenals.

The post was simply pointing out that much of the sh*te that gets thrown about on here is in fact complete bollocks.

I've done the wage thing to death, and if the policy is true (and no one knows if it is or not), then I've made my reservations about that policy very clear, many times.

I don't think I've said that FSG will change their wage structure, and nor do I think they will, so I don't know where you got that idea from.
      What I have said is that they have been proven to pay high wages when the player merits them.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #15220: Nov 06, 2014 08:43:29 pm

I suppose the truth is that I find it harder to believe that a manager would deliberately choose to buy 2nd and 3rd tier players rather than top quality, but slightly easier to believe that a parsimonious FSG would.

Perhaps it is as Kenny's son said that top foreign players are reluctant to come to Liverpool and that is why we have raided Southampton, Sunderland and Swansea rather than foreign clubs and why we only seem to be able to attract strikers with mental problems!

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #15221: Nov 06, 2014 09:00:36 pm
      Nah, I'll carry on and believe in facts thanks.

You mean something you want to believe you call facts. Doesn't mean they are.

If you have any actual published detail notes from our transfer dealings which you don't then no you don't have the "facts".
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #15222: Nov 06, 2014 09:07:45 pm

I don't think I've said that FSG will change their wage structure, and nor do I think they will, so I don't know where you got that idea from.
      What I have said is that they have been proven to pay high wages when the player merits them.
      Player being the key word there. Suarez was only given his pay rise as a sweetener to keep him at the club for another 6 months.
      FSG's pay structure is holding us back IMO, and I don't believe just qualifying for the champions league every season is aiming high enough for club of our stature.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #15223: Nov 06, 2014 09:28:08 pm
      You mean something you want to believe you call facts. Doesn't mean they are.

If you have any actual published detail notes from our transfer dealings which you don't then no you don't have the "facts".

I don't think I was the one who brought up transfer dealing.
      Nor was I the one trying to present opinion as fact "because it's obvious".

You'll notice that I post about unknowns prefaced by the words "apparently" or "allegedly" or a similar word.

When I say I deal in facts, that is, in fact, a factual statement.

Player being the key word there. Suarez was only given his pay rise as a sweetener to keep him at the club for another 6 months.
      FSG's pay structure is holding us back IMO, and I don't believe just qualifying for the champions league every season is aiming high enough for club of our stature.

The bit about Suarez is just speculation, because his pay rise wasn't due to kick in until this summer, therefore it was an incentive to stay at the club, and if rumours are true, he took a pay cut to join Barca.
      Read back through the last few pages.
      It's not me saying that, it's others.

Gerrard, Suarez, Agger, Skrtel, Sturridge are just five of the players who have been given improved contracts by the club.
      I'm sure there are others, but I can't be arsed looking them up.

Regardless of that, I have been over this ground many, many times.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #15224: Nov 06, 2014 09:46:09 pm
      If I were FSG at the moment I would be pretty pissed off. 
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #15225: Nov 06, 2014 09:56:57 pm
      Personally I think there is a lot more to their trip to Dubai than 'naming rights'...

Parry was there when H&G took over and knows a lot about the club, perhaps a little too much - post that we have had Ayre, who for all his motorbike antics has done a great job on the finances. So, why bring back Parry to look at this when Ayre is there man?

Knowing what we all do about the Oligarch's and the way Dubai takes care of business why on earth would they want to name a stand at a stadium..? Perhaps the whole stadium like Arsenal - but that is more the airline looking for a big name as part of their expansion into Europe.

Call me silly, but perhaps the £250 Million gamble is now becoming a bit of a risk and NESV want to cash out, as they say? We are in the CL and have a young team with great income and massively reduced wage bill. If I was looking for a club this would be a great opportunity - especially as they would get us for a lot less than any team that rivals us in our off the field presence.

NESV can leave, having saved the club from the brink to finishing 2nd and in the CL like the preverbal white knights - for me, this has takeover written all over it...

Also, a very strange time for this article to come to light.... http://www.arabianbusiness.com/we-nearly-bought-liverpool-for-360m-reveals-former-dic-boss-562364.html

Quick Reply