Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2763801 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: New Owners of LFC
      Reply #15617: Nov 24, 2014 02:27:40 pm
      How could anyone not realize that this stage?  It unbelievable!

Plenty still in denial mate.
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #15618: Nov 24, 2014 04:32:23 pm
      I remember when they took over. Henry and Werner actually appeared on TV in ... LIVERPOOL..

(Maybe their plane was forced to land en-route to Switzerland or something...)

Anyway it was a Liverpoolfc.com phone in about the abomination that was Woy Bodgson.
      Basically we were in a relegation struggle - in Woyston's words. Henry was there with his smarm and patter routine. And Werner was going along with it. Naturally, the fans in the phone-in were getting pretty gobsmacked with the "ahh nothing to worry about, we're doing fine" line of flannel from Henry. This was TRULY our worst run for many years(probably since the 1960s).

It was only after about 5 minutes, it dawned on Werner (not Henry) that being managed by a charlatan and being in a "relegation struggle" was not acceptable for Liverpool fans who were paying £60 or more for a ticket.

Maybe as the TV man, Werner picked up on the presenter (Claire Whatshername) and her sense of suppressed astonishment. Henry just seemed to be in a dream, quietly drooling to himself about having a acquired a "global brand" with a "captive customer base".

To me that sums it up. Football and the fans are completely irrelevant. The only thing that matters is a full stadium, lower costs, riding the wave of the  Premier League's globalisation, and the captive customer base. Does anyone here honestly think Henry and co give 2 farts about the quality of the "product"?
      Mad4LFC
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 989 posts | 81 
      Reply #15619: Nov 24, 2014 04:38:36 pm
      Bit abstract this but most people will get it...

Who 'signed' Brendan; you know, the man so many now believe is wrong, for Liverpool?    :o

Brendan charmed the knickers off a 20 something he obviously did it to the owners with his envelope speech, bet he even tried the Blaine levitating trick when he was really just standing on one leg. I just take hope that as previously ( the king ) they act swiftly when they see things are going wrong.
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #15620: Nov 24, 2014 04:40:27 pm
      I'm no fan of him.

But lets be honest, they brought him in as a ready made scapegoat.

The real cause of our shiteness is the Fenway bas**rds who won't sign top quality players - because they can't sell them for profit.
      And because they won't pay the market wages for top players.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #15621: Nov 24, 2014 04:46:55 pm
      I'm no fan of him.

But lets be honest, they brought him in as a ready made scapegoat.

The real cause of our shiteness is the Fenway bas**rds who won't sign top quality players - because they can't sell them for profit.
      And because they won't pay the market wages for top players.

but they are better than us and more knowledgeable because they have lots of money and we don't.
      They wanted to make Liverpool a blue print for a new way of running a football club they thought they could change a sport with 150 year history and take emotion out of everything.
      without emotion there is no football.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #15622: Nov 24, 2014 06:53:10 pm
      Message to FSG.

Dont give Mr Rodgers any more money.

£ 212, 380, 000   Queen's own pounds over his managership.

25 players bought.

Thats a whole squad.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #15623: Nov 24, 2014 07:23:59 pm

So convince me, honestly I've asked for proof plenty of times now. FSG put up £120 million this summer, do you really have proof that they blocked certain transfers that Brendan wanted to make becuase the wage demands were to high? Also if they baulk at paying higher wages then why did they offer Luis such a generous payrise or not try to shunt Stevie oput of th eteam, it doesn't quite add up does it.

BTW I apologise if some people think I'm a WUM, believe me if I wanted to wind you guys up I'd find far more inventive ways of doing it, I'm honestly speaking my mind in a public forum, so deal with it!!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #15624: Nov 24, 2014 07:27:51 pm
      So convince me, honestly I've asked for proof plenty of times now. FSG put up £120 million this summer, do you really have proof that they blocked certain transfers that Brendan wanted to make becuase the wage demands were to high? Also if they baulk at paying higher wages then why did they offer Luis such a generous payrise or not try to shunt Stevie oput of th eteam, it doesn't quite add up does it.

BTW I apologise if some people think I'm a WUM, believe me if I wanted to wind you guys up I'd find far more inventive ways of doing it, I'm honestly speaking my mind in a public forum, so deal with it!!

Well we know they've not sanctioned past transfers because the fee was too high (Dempsey) so do you really think that doesn't apply to wages as well?
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #15625: Nov 24, 2014 07:31:03 pm

Don't forget that Gerrard, Agger, Srktel, Sturridge all had new contracts and pay rises, amongst others.
      Which makes it even funnier when people bang on about Agger being shown the door because of his high wages.
      I mean, give Agger a pay rise, THEN force him out.
      Makes complete sense  :roll:
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #15626: Nov 24, 2014 07:32:23 pm
      Well we know they've not sanctioned past transfers because the fee was too high (Dempsey) so do you really think that doesn't apply to wages as well?

Really?
      So they didn't tell Fulham to F**k off because the cheeky fuckers quoted us 2 million more than they quoted spurs?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #15627: Nov 24, 2014 07:33:16 pm
       :roll: :roll: :roll:
      Don't forget that Gerrard, Agger, Srktel, Sturridge all had new contracts and pay rises, amongst others.
      Which makes it even funnier when people bang on about Agger being shown the door because of his high wages.
      I mean, give Agger a pay rise, THEN force him out.
      Makes complete sense  :roll:

give Luis a massive new contract and sell him makes sense :roll: :roll:
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #15628: Nov 24, 2014 07:34:48 pm
      :roll: :roll: :roll:
      give Luis a massive new contract and sell him makes sense :roll: :roll:

Not even a good try at deflection.
      So tell me why Agger etc were all given improved contracts.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #15629: Nov 24, 2014 07:46:41 pm
      Really?
      So they didn't tell Fulham to f**k off because the cheeky fuckers quoted us 2 million more than they quoted spurs?

It was 2 million though, and it's a player that I think the case could be made would have really improved our team.

I'm sure there are a lot of teams that quote different prices to different teams. Just the way it is. We should be a big enough club to deal with it.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #15630: Nov 24, 2014 07:55:56 pm
      It was 2 million though, and it's a player that I think the case could be made would have really improved our team.

I'm sure there are a lot of teams that quote different prices to different teams. Just the way it is. We should be a big enough club to deal with it.

Didn't really set the world alight at spurs though, and do we really want to be paying an extra 2 million for a player his age?
      Not for me. For a younger, established player, yes, but for Dempsey?

Then there's the fact that people constantly moan about us overpaying, and then we won't they say the owners are being tight or won't back the manager.
      It's truly bizarre.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #15631: Nov 24, 2014 07:55:56 pm

Fair enough mate nobody can claim with 100% certainty that FSG won't pay the wages but when Brendan comes out with he only wanted 2-3 quality players at the beginning of summer and then Gerrard a couple of weeks ago says he would have liked Fabregas et al here but the owners have their reasons it makes you wonder.
      Why is it that every time we have identified a target and another team join the race we simply walk away, Sanchez, Mikiwhatshisname, Salah, Willian etc.

Chris Bacombe from the Telegraph who previously worked on the Echo and has been pretty close to the club said recently high transfer + high wages = no deal.

Maybe I'm completely off the mark but that's my interpretation of what's going on.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #15632: Nov 24, 2014 07:58:16 pm
      Fair enough mate nobody can claim with 100% certainty that FSG won't pay the wages but when Brendan comes out with he only wanted 2-3 quality players at the beginning of summer and then Gerrard a couple of weeks ago says he would have liked Fabregas et al here but the owners have their reasons it makes you wonder.
      Why is it that every time we have identified a target and another team join the race we simply walk away, Sanchez, Mikiwhatshisname, Salah, Willian etc.

Chris Bacombe from the Telegraph who previously worked on the Echo and has been pretty close to the club said recently high transfer + high wages = no deal.

Maybe I'm completely off the mark but that's my interpretation of what's going on.

Bascombe was fu**ed off by every source at the club except Rafa when he went to work for the news of the world.
      Rafa kept him on board to use in his press briefing war against h&g, then he fu**ed him off as well.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #15633: Nov 24, 2014 07:58:23 pm
      Didn't really set the world alight at spurs though, and do we really want to be paying an extra 2 million for a player his age?
      Not for me. For a younger, established player, yes, but for Dempsey?

Then there's the fact that people constantly moan about us overpaying, and then we won't they say the owners are being tight or won't back the manager.
      It's truly bizarre.

I can see how you'd say that but he's only gotten better since we've looked at him, not only in his play at the national level, but even in MLS now, he's easily one of if not the best player in the league (I know, weak league) and he's got some of the bite and hardness that we could really use in our midfield. Not saying he'd have been a savior...but for what we've paid for some other players that haven't had much impact, it seems silly we wouldn't have stumped up the extra for a player that seems like he was custom made for us. Just my take on it.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #15634: Nov 24, 2014 08:00:58 pm
      I can see how you'd say that but he's only gotten better since we've looked at him, not only in his play at the national level, but even in MLS now, he's easily one of if not the best player in the league (I know, weak league) and he's got some of the bite and hardness that we could really use in our midfield. Not saying he'd have been a savior...but for what we've paid for some other players that haven't had much impact, it seems silly we wouldn't have stumped up the extra for a player that seems like he was custom made for us. Just my take on it.

Fair enough.
      The way I see it, he was an aging player and Fulham thought they could have us over, add to that he hasn't played top level football since he left spurs (and they couldn't wait to get rid).
      So, why do you think he wasn't good enough for spurs but was good enough for us?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #15635: Nov 24, 2014 08:04:02 pm
      Bascombe was fu**ed off by every source at the club except Rafa when he went to work for the news of the world.
      Rafa kept him on board to use in his press briefing war against h&g, then he fu**ed him off as well.

Even still we are not seeing anything from the club which would suggest otherwise.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #15636: Nov 24, 2014 08:05:59 pm
      Even still we are not seeing anything from the club which would suggest otherwise.

Do you really expect the club to publish details of their transfer and wage strategy or policy?
      Because unless you have definitive information, it's as much a conspiracy theory as the Americans not going to the moon.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #15637: Nov 24, 2014 08:07:30 pm
      Do you really expect the club to publish details of their transfer and wage strategy or policy?
      Because unless you have definitive information, it's as much a conspiracy theory as the Americans not going to the moon.

It's as much a valid theory as yours buddy without the full information.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #15638: Nov 24, 2014 08:08:12 pm
      Fair enough.
      The way I see it, he was an aging player and Fulham thought they could have us over, add to that he hasn't played top level football since he left spurs (and they couldn't wait to get rid).
      So, why do you think he wasn't good enough for spurs but was good enough for us?

Don't really know, almost look at it as one of those deals where Spurs didn't want him coming to us, knowing it would improve us and they could come in and spend a relatively small fee to keep us from signing him. I'm sure that happens, in fact I'm pretty sure Chelsea has done that to us at least a couple of times in the last couple of years with Willian and Salah.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #15639: Nov 24, 2014 08:10:11 pm
      It's as much a valid theory as yours buddy without the full information.

And what "theory" do you think I've put forth?
      Because to my knowledge, I haven't.
      If something is uncertain, I'll be sure to put in words like "allegedly" or "supposedly".
      So, please tell me what this theory is that I've been posting.

Quick Reply