Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2763193 times
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: New Owners of LFC
      Reply #15732: Nov 30, 2014 07:28:04 pm
      That's because the league is pedestrian compared to the PL.

Possibly mate, I am just putting the facts forward, people can make up their own minds.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #15733: Nov 30, 2014 08:04:05 pm
      Agger was a great defenders at one time, I didn't think he should've been first choice this season, but if it was choice between himself and Lovren, Agger would my player to start.
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #15734: Nov 30, 2014 09:36:28 pm
      For a bloke who's never won sh*t, Rodgers doesn't half seem to have a big ego.

As I'm sure Pepe and Dagger would agree.

But I doubt even that was the full cause of booting them both out. Its Fenway's vampire like greed, and obsession with kicking out ANY top level player.

Remember when Skrtel was doing really well? The solution? Try and sell him to Man City.
      New bas**rds, just like the old bas**rds.

Hopefully, they'll get the message and F**k off before the "No Flag Days" develop into something more heavy duty.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4927 
      Reply #15735: Nov 30, 2014 10:34:39 pm

A trait I like to see in a manager of a club as big as ours.

You'd prefer if he was a shrinking violet and had no confidence in his own ability.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #15736: Nov 30, 2014 11:13:35 pm

As I'm sure Pepe and Dagger would agree.

But I doubt even that was the full cause of booting them both out. Its Fenway's vampire like greed, and obsession with kicking out ANY top level player.

Remember when Skrtel was doing really well? The solution? Try and sell him to Man City.
      New bas**rds, just like the old bas**rds.

Hopefully, they'll get the message and F**k off before the "No Flag Days" develop into something more heavy duty.

You'll never like any manager brought in by FSG, Brendan was doomed to be a failure in your eyes before he set foot in Anfield.
      Brendan is not part of FSG, judge him in the dugout, not in some sh*t documentary, or in press conferences.
      His personal life is not relevant.
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #15737: Dec 01, 2014 09:28:00 am
      You'll never like any manager brought in by FSG, Brendan was doomed to be a failure in your eyes before he set foot in Anfield.
      Brendan is not part of FSG, judge him in the dugout, not in some sh*t documentary, or in press conferences.
      His personal life is not relevant.

He was entirely their choice. Compliant, full of spin, without expectation of silverware. No Rafa like loyalty to the fans.
      He was as much Fenway as the words "brand", "spreadsheet" and "monetizing fan expectation".

Worst of all, he has very little experience. ANd I don't really see how he can even be considered one of the top half of Prem Lge managers. As far as I'm concerned he just hung onto Luis's coat tails last yr. LEts see what he can do now!

Managers used to EARN the Liverpool job. He got it because he liked producing spreadsheets. Oh, and because everyone else turned it down, including Robert "Superstar" Martinez.

A trait I like to see in a manager of a club as big as ours.

You'd prefer if he was a shrinking violet and had no confidence in his own ability.

Bob Paisley didn't have much of an ego. Lived in a semi. Joe Fagan didn't really act like Mourinho.
      Shanks was an extrovert, but again he lived in a semi nr Melwood. Don't think those 3 did sh*te.

All managers have to show some humility. ANd a level of confidence comensurate with their ability, experience and history.
      Rodgers has never won a single thing. He hasn't got much of a record other than managing sh*te clubs and even being recently sacked by one.

He could actually have learnt from top players like Agger and Pepe. But he chose to fall out with them, for players like Mignolet who haven't shown sh*t in comparison.
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #15738: Dec 01, 2014 11:08:47 am
      http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/tom-werner-on-comolli-decision

"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football"

Thats one statement. But there are others like what I said.

Here's another
      ww.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/tom-werner-liverpool-fc-must-3337577

It also reminds me of Werner and the "we are fervent, FERVENT fans".
      And then his mate Henry promptly turns up ONCE in 14months.

Check our Florida Marlins and San Diego Padres. THAT is what they're about.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,348 posts | 1622 
      Reply #15739: Dec 01, 2014 11:48:31 am
      He was entirely their choice. Compliant, full of spin, without expectation of silverware. No Rafa like loyalty to the fans.
      He was as much Fenway as the words "brand", "spreadsheet" and "monetizing fan expectation".

Worst of all, he has very little experience. ANd I don't really see how he can even be considered one of the top half of Prem Lge managers. As far as I'm concerned he just hung onto Luis's coat tails last yr. LEts see what he can do now!

Managers used to EARN the Liverpool job. He got it because he liked producing spreadsheets. Oh, and because everyone else turned it down, including Robert "Superstar" Martinez.

Bob Paisley didn't have much of an ego. Lived in a semi. Joe Fagan didn't really act like Mourinho.
      Shanks was an extrovert, but again he lived in a semi nr Melwood. Don't think those 3 did sh*te.

All managers have to show some humility. ANd a level of confidence comensurate with their ability, experience and history.
      Rodgers has never won a single thing. He hasn't got much of a record other than managing sh*te clubs and even being recently sacked by one.

He could actually have learnt from top players like Agger and Pepe. But he chose to fall out with them, for players like Mignolet who haven't shown sh*t in comparison.
      Dont usually agree with you but its hard to argue sgainst most of that personally dont give a sh*t what house they live in or or what bit of fluff their banging all I want them to do is put trophys in the cabinet anything else is irrelevant .
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #15740: Dec 01, 2014 12:43:37 pm

ha ha ha

Not only do you want a manager who is antagonist to the owners, has bundles of experience but no ego, won't fall out with the players - some of whom are on 200k per week - but now they have to live in a semi as well.

As for experience, what had Shankly won as a manager at the top level before he joined us? Paisley? Fagan? Dalglish?

As usual, your agenda prevents you from writing anything sensible.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      Reply #15741: Dec 01, 2014 12:44:56 pm
      Not quite what you said, hence my question. I remember Henry saying something about we have to be smart in how we compete. Everyone knows you can't compete financially against City and Chelsea.

Apparently not everybody. A staggering proportion remain clueless.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #15742: Dec 01, 2014 12:59:06 pm
      Agger has since rubbished the idea that he couldn't handle the prem and stated the only reason he left was his problems with Brendan.

Since his first game for Brondby, Agger hasn't missed a game. Playing in all 9 games possible. 

Minuted played by Daniel Agger
      30 Nov 2014  FC Nordsjælland  2-0Brøndby IF   90'

23 Nov 2014 Brøndby IF  1-0   SønderjyskE    90'

09 Nov 2014   Hobro  3-0   Brøndby IF     46'

02 Nov 2014  Brøndby IF  1-0   Randers FC   90'

26 Oct 2014   Esbjerg fB  0-0   Brøndby IF   90'

19 Oct 2014   Brøndby IF  5-0  FC Vestsj??lland  90'

05 Oct 2014  Brøndby IF  2-1   AaB   90'

28 Sep 2014   Esbjerg fB  2-2   Brøndby IF    90'

21 Sep 2014  FC Kbh.  1-0   Brøndby IF   71'

The official line behind Daniel Agger's exit from Liverpool was that the Danish defender couldn't handle Premier League football any more. Agger, still just 29 years old, was said to be feeling physical effects of a career of rough and tumble football and there were even claims that if he hadn't been allowed to leave Liverpool he would have retired - such were the physical problems he was facing.

A return to Brondby was seen as something of a semi-retirement, a halfway house with football he'd be able to cope with, at a club where the Danish international is a legend. Not a bad way to end a career and fitting for someone with the reputation of Agger.

However, the player himself has rubbished that. In what the Danish media have called a 'sensational' interview, Agger has denied it was about physical issues and explained that he just couldn't get on with Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers. It should be no big surprise, Agger has said so much to the Danish media on several occasions over the past couple of years.

This time the defender told TV3+ "Let me put it this way, the manager and me were perhaps not on the same page in all of last season. For most of last season at least.

"There was much between us, and for me it was just enough. I felt that he didn't appreciate the things I could and contributed. When I feel that, then it's time to move on.

"Where me and him maybe went wrong from each other, was that I'm very direct. I say things as they are, and so I also expect that people are the same to me. Maybe it's wrong to expect it sometimes."

The Danish press have been reporting for the past week that Liverpool's defensive frailties show how much much they miss Agger and they certainly don't think expensive summer recruit Dejan Lovren is a better player.

Rodgers and Agger just couldn't find a way to get on, which is a shame. Agger has been a Liverpool legend and for him to leave Anfield in such circumstances is not the best way to end his career at the club.

Fair enough.
      In which case he lied to the supporters he says he loves.
      In which case, F**k him.
      ;)
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #15743: Dec 01, 2014 02:02:23 pm
      Not quite what you said, hence my question. I remember Henry saying something about we have to be smart in how we compete. Everyone knows you can't compete financially against City and Chelsea.

Everyone else felt it was abundantly clear what Werner meant.
      And that was even before FFP!

HE says we can compete with Chelsea and the Mancs. So why is it YOU cant accept that?

Answer:because Werner is now proven to be an insincere creep who constantly tries to dupe the fans.
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #15744: Dec 01, 2014 02:06:03 pm
      ha ha ha

Not only do you want a manager who is antagonist to the owners, has bundles of experience but no ego, won't fall out with the players - some of whom are on 200k per week - but now they have to live in a semi as well.

As for experience, what had Shankly won as a manager at the top level before he joined us? Paisley? Fagan? Dalglish?

As usual, your agenda prevents you from writing anything sensible.

No I want a manager who is "antagonistic" ie isn't bullied by conmen owners.

Sorry if you dislike me refusing to be deferential to crooks but hard luck. Stick to writing pr guff for your rounders team!
      And as for the rest of your post, I won't even bother. Clearly you dont know the first thing about Liverpool, and never will.

Henry would sell his own mother if he saw a spreadsheet. And you'd write a forum post applauding him.
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #15745: Dec 01, 2014 02:08:25 pm

Sorry if you dislike me refusing to be deferential to crooks but hard luck. Stick to writing pr guff for your rounders team!
      And as for the rest of your post, I won't even bother. Clearly you dont know the first thing about Liverpool, and never will.

Henry would sell his own mother if he saw a spreadsheet. And you'd write a forum post applauding him.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #15746: Dec 01, 2014 02:54:57 pm
      Fair enough.
      In which case he lied to the supporters he says he loves.
      In which case, f**k him.
      ;)

:D

Fair enough mate, but I think his original statement was probably something agreed with Liverpool just to ease his exit. Whether he should then go back on that statement once having left on such preferential terms is another matter. 
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #15747: Dec 01, 2014 03:01:08 pm
      :D

Fair enough mate, but I think his original statement was probably something agreed with Liverpool just to ease his exit. Whether he should then go back on that statement once having left on such preferential terms is another matter.

Probably, but let's not forget Agger has a bit of history when it comes to interviews in his homeland, particularly when he felt he should be playing more.
      If I'm not mistaken (and I could very well be), he gave interviews about Rafa, hodgson, KK and BR about how he wasn't happy and that he basically thought he should be the first name on the team sheet when fit.
      It seemed to happen every time he went home.
      It makes no odds now apart from some people getting all moist eyed about how brilliant he was (he wasn't), but forgetting that he spent swathes of every season on the treatment table.
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #15748: Dec 01, 2014 03:19:58 pm

we are all gonna have to be patient and hope it's transferred onto the pitch.

Course we are...  :roll:
      How many transfer windows have they been full of sh*t in now? 7? 8?

So, just like Tom Hicks said "next one's gonna be a biggie..."  :roll:

No one's fooled by them. All they want is as much profit for zero outlay.
      Pretending to compete. Pulling in the money at ticket prices VASTLY in excess of Real, Bayern etc. And giving us cheap crap. Or youngsters bought solely as part of a "nursery club" strategy.

Its desecrating our traditions and it isn't fooling anyway.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      Reply #15749: Dec 01, 2014 05:33:36 pm

Funny how you ignore the bits of any posts that actually require you to give a reasoned answer so I'll do it for you. Shankly, Paisley, Fagan, Dalglish, Evans had never won anything noteworthy in the top flight as managers before taking over at LFC.

Souness, Houllier, Rafa and Woy arguably did - none of them won the league for us.
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #15750: Dec 01, 2014 06:06:41 pm
      Funny how you ignore the bits of any posts that actually require you to give a reasoned answer so I'll do it for you. Shankly, Paisley, Fagan, Dalglish, Evans had never won anything noteworthy in the top flight as managers before taking over at LFC.

Souness, Houllier, Rafa and Woy arguably did - none of them won the league for us.

Did  you learn how to practice writing such garbage. Or does it come natural to you?
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      Reply #15751: Dec 01, 2014 06:18:38 pm
      Did  you learn how to practice writing such garbage. Or does it come natural to you?

Which part do you disagree with?
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #15752: Dec 01, 2014 07:15:48 pm
      Who is "everyone else"?

No no no mate, the owners have always known about FFP and this is what Werner was saying, it's abundantly clear if you take the time. We can't outspend some teams, but we can work hard to raise revenues, try to besmart in the market, and hope we can close the gap thereby competing, but it is impossible for it to happen quick and like it or not we are all gonna have to be patient and hope it's transferred onto the pitch.

I have no confidence that under FSG it will ever happen on the field mate! American Plant might come across as a WUM some of time, but he does seem to have his finger on the pulse when it comes to FSG!

Sure we can't compete financially with City and Chelsea, but this season we could have, but for obvious reasons we didn't.
      « Last Edit: Dec 02, 2014 05:15:45 am by ORCHARD RED »
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #15753: Dec 01, 2014 11:59:37 pm

American Plant might come across as a WUM some of time, but he does seem to have his finger on the pulse when it comes to FSG!

Hes OK.
      He's  a Yank .   Have to make allowances for them.   ;D

God Bless America .

lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #15754: Dec 02, 2014 12:11:26 am
      I don't think the owners are terrible, however it does feel like City, United, Chelsea and (even) Arsenal are all shopping at Waitrose, while we're shopping at Asda/Tesco looking for the level below.

We spent the second most in the PL last season and we were the only team who finished in the top 4 NOT to sign a world class player: Di Maria, Fabregas, Costa, Sanchez and Falcao were all sold in the summer, and all of whom going to our rivals.

Also, I don't care that we "tried" for Sanchez before someone mentions it. Until you can cash "almost signing someone" in for goals and points on the football pitch, then I won't care.

Quick Reply