Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2762535 times
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,348 posts | 1622 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: New Owners of LFC
      Reply #16008: Dec 31, 2014 09:56:47 am
      The sole owner of the Liverpool Football Club and Athletic Grounds Limited is Fenway Sports Group

The sole owner of the Liverpool Football Club and Athletic Grounds Limited is Fenway Sports Group (legally organized as NESV I, LLC), through certain wholly owned subsidiaries . The economic interest in this company is held by a range of investors, including John Henry and Tom Werner. The only investor holding more than a 10% interest is John Henry.  John Henry and Tom Werner are generally responsible for the management of Fenway Sports Group.

The Directors of The Liverpool Football Club and Athletic Grounds Limited are:

J. Henry (Principal Owner) Director

T. Werner (Chairman) Director

D. Ginsberg (Vice-Chairman) Director

I. Ayre (Chief Executive Officer) Director

M. Gordon. Director

M. Egan. Director

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/corporate/directors

Now that it's raining more than ever
      Know that we'll still have each other
      You can stand under my umbrella

:lmao:

Me thinks after reading the last page that you just pissed on a few umbrellas
       :f_whistle:
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #16009: Dec 31, 2014 10:12:20 am
      The sole owner of the Liverpool Football Club and Athletic Grounds Limited is Fenway Sports Group

The sole owner of the Liverpool Football Club and Athletic Grounds Limited is Fenway Sports Group (legally organized as NESV I, LLC), through certain wholly owned subsidiaries . The economic interest in this company is held by a range of investors, including John Henry and Tom Werner. The only investor holding more than a 10% interest is John Henry.  John Henry and Tom Werner are generally responsible for the management of Fenway Sports Group.

M. Gordon. Director

M. Egan. Director

You can stand under my umbrella  :lmao:

Is this your response to Ian Ayre not being an FSG employee? Because id go and read the latest annual report if so.

Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #16010: Dec 31, 2014 10:20:26 am

M. Gordon. Director

M. Egan. Director

You can stand under my umbrella  :lmao:

You really have no idea.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #16011: Dec 31, 2014 10:40:00 am
      Is this your response to Ian Ayre not being an FSG employee?
      Jaysus no Crouchy - the "argument", if that's what it was, on former Commercial Director and now CEO & director of Liverpool Football Club, Ian Ayre, is long gone [in my mind anyhow] - I was merely sharing official information on who owns and runs Liverpool F.C.

I certainly didn't mean to upset anyone.

Listen: It's a new dawn; it's a new day; the eve of a New Year... I'm open to all things.

Perhaps all I need is a list of all the good things, football-wise, John W and FSG, have done in the past 4+ years to lift my old cynicism. A a bit like Monty Python's "What have the Romans ever done for us?" if you prefer. [Please note - "they bought us" or variations thereof, don't count]. So, I'm happy to say - to hell with the negativity about Ayre and the transfer Committee - give me something positive to work with...  8)
      « Last Edit: Dec 31, 2014 11:36:09 am by bad boy bubby »
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #16012: Dec 31, 2014 10:51:56 am
      Great. I'd hate to see someone end the year with false information! :f_tongueincheek:
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #16013: Dec 31, 2014 11:01:18 am
      I'd hate to see someone end the year with false information!
      So... feed me Seymour  :D
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #16014: Dec 31, 2014 12:09:41 pm
      Principal Owner John Henry said: "Ian has enormous experience gained from his work in the sports and media businesses over the past 15 years and we are delighted today to announce this significant appointment. 
      We conducted an extensive recruitment search and met with outstanding candidates who sought this role but in the end, after having worked with Ian and other top executives within the club, we realised that Ian had all of the attributes necessary to lead the Club forward.

FSG Speak :

We did what we were seen to do and that is have a sniff about for a few other people and waste their time.
      We knew that we could screw Ian down to what we wanted and what we wanted to pay him.

It was just a process to make sure he knew he was expendable.
      We didn't want anyone taking us for granted./

HNY.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #16015: Dec 31, 2014 02:43:01 pm
      FSG Speak :

We did what we were seen to do and that is have a sniff about for a few other people and waste their time.
      We knew that we could screw Ian down to what we wanted and what we wanted to pay him.

It was just a process to make sure he knew he was expendable.
      We didn't want anyone taking us for granted./

HNY.

On the money mate.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,218 posts | 4919 
      Reply #16016: Dec 31, 2014 03:04:42 pm
      Great. I'd hate to see someone end the year with false information! :f_tongueincheek:

I've been reading your and BBB's debate with interest Crouchie and still not sure of I've missed something as Ian Ayre is definitely an FSG employee as far as I realise.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #16017: Dec 31, 2014 03:08:21 pm
      As Owners go, this lot arent the worse by far;

Newcastle - Ashley - Worth 2.8B double that of Henry.... look at the shambles he has that club in, trying to sell several times. Bigger stadium, significantly less money spent on transfers and wages.
      Sunderland - Ellis Short - 4B. In the bottom 5 for spend last summer.
      Arsenal - Kroenke / Usmanov - combined 22B - Similar wage model to FSG, spent big this summer, generally managed well. Nearly 20 the Henry worth though.
      Scum - Glaziers - 5B. 3.5 times our worth. Massive name and stadium but ran the club into the gutter in terms of debt. Looking like they are back on track with regards expenditure though.

Abromhovich, Sheikh Mansour all have net worths 10s the times of Henry. We are holding our own considering the financial deficiency we have vs the above.

Not to mention the state of affairs HIcks and Gillete had left, has been repaired by FSG. Scary to think how close we were to going to the wall.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #16018: Dec 31, 2014 03:19:27 pm
      Great year, ended off perfectly. Well in FSG, congrats on a relatively very successful year at the helm.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/177256-owners-new-year-message-to-lfc-fans
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #16019: Dec 31, 2014 04:18:27 pm
      I've been reading your and BBB's debate with interest Crouchie and still not sure of I've missed something as Ian Ayre is definitely an FSG employee as far as I realise.

It might appear that way, but he's an employee of LFC.
      It helps if you think of FSG as an umbrella company for the various holding companies which own their different interests.
      NESVI LLC is the subsidiary (purchase company), and in turn UKSV Holdings Company Limited, is the UK holding company.

A holding company does not produce goods or services, and the people employed by the entity owned by the holding company, in this case Liverpool FC are not direct employees of the parent company (FSG), but are direct employees of the club.

It's pretty simple, and crouchino is right.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #16020: Dec 31, 2014 04:59:00 pm
      It helps if you think of FSG as an umbrella company for the various holding companies which own their different interests.
      NESVI LLC is the subsidiary (purchase company), and in turn UKSV Holdings Company Limited, is the UK holding company.

A holding company does not produce goods or services, and the people employed by the entity owned by the holding company, in this case Liverpool FC are not direct employees of the parent company (FSG), but are direct employees of the club.

You suggest that the ''holding company'' acts entirely independently of FSG/NESV and intimate that the ''holding company'' appointed Ayre with no regard as to the wishes of JWH, who is the main man in spite of the ''purchase companies'', ''holding companies'' and different shades of umbrellas operating of their own accord.
      Ayres was in situ when NESV acquired LFC compliments of H&G and remained in office on the say so of the main man, expediency would demand the executive being appointed prior to the assorted umbrella of companies you describe.

What does come to mind while contemplating an H&G employee being retained is the similarity of the operation in setting up a myriad of companies as H&G did to muddy the waters.
      God forbid that I should make comparison although the Ian Ayre appointment is not as crystal clear as a spring fed brook.
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #16021: Dec 31, 2014 05:15:02 pm
      Great year, ended off perfectly. Well in FSG, congrats on a relatively very successful year at the helm.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/177256-owners-new-year-message-to-lfc-fans

Nonsense of epic proportions. 2 games ago, we had our worst start for SIXTY YEARS, acc to the BBC.

We could be in Football League 2, and some of you would be singing praises for these conmen.
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #16022: Dec 31, 2014 05:21:39 pm
      As Owners go, this lot arent the worse by far;

Newcastle - Ashley - Worth 2.8B double that of Henry.... look at the shambles he has that club in, trying to sell several times. Bigger stadium, significantly less money spent on transfers and wages.
      Sunderland - Ellis Short - 4B. In the bottom 5 for spend last summer.
      Arsenal - Kroenke / Usmanov - combined 22B - Similar wage model to FSG, spent big this summer, generally managed well. Nearly 20 the Henry worth though.
      Scum - Glaziers - 5B. 3.5 times our worth. Massive name and stadium but ran the club into the gutter in terms of debt. Looking like they are back on track with regards expenditure though.

Abromhovich, Sheikh Mansour all have net worths 10s the times of Henry. We are holding our own considering the financial deficiency we have vs the above.

Not to mention the state of affairs HIcks and Gillete had left, has been repaired by FSG. Scary to think how close we were to going to the wall.

Well our team was actually stronger when the previous two crooks left. Hicks and Gilette actually BOUGHT top players.. and then sold two or three. All Fenway ever do is SELL top players and downsize.

If scrapping for Europa is "holding our own" then you clearly ARENT a football fan, certainly not a Liverpool fan.

And to mention Newcastle, Sunderland and the like, in defence of your heroes, its clear you've got a pretty perverse understanding of what LFC used to be about.

Finally, we were going to the wall were we? Another lie of monumental proportions from the Fenway lie machine.
      If I fail to make the mortgage payments on my home, is my home demolished.

Really, if you are going to try and defend the indefensible, you must be able to do a LITTLE better than that... :roll:

FTR, Fenway are charlatans of the worst order. Traditions, competing, winning, value for money? They couldn't give a sh*t.
      They've had the club for sale from the moment they bought us as stolen goods. Fenway have TWO ambitions. Con the fans, with plants, with pr spin, with lies and confidence tricks. And squeeze us for every penny they can.

The majority of REAL fans have now seen thro it. But sadly the parrots and plants are making a lot of noise. And continuing to embarrass themselves with their nonsense.
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #16023: Dec 31, 2014 05:31:09 pm
      fans]http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/177256-owners-new-year-message-to-lfc-fans[/url]

God, that crap from the two vampires was just jawdropping.
      It could have been penned by Hicks and Gilette and it wouldn't have been any different.

Its like a computer wrote it, then scanned it for "keywords". *Brand*, *revenue*, *marketing*, *momentuous*, *progress*, *random football cliche*, *nod to the Establishment*, *skirt around the football side*, *avoid making any promises or undertakings of any kind*, *vague triggers to engender optimism from the remaining fans who are still haven't rumbled them*

Imagine what Shanks and Bob would have said about that guff..
      What has happened to our FOOTBALL CLUB?
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #16024: Dec 31, 2014 05:42:16 pm
      Well our team was actually stronger when the previous two crooks left. Hicks and Gilette actually BOUGHT top players.. and then sold two or three. All Fenway ever do is SELL top players and downsize.

If scrapping for Europa is "holding our own" then you clearly ARENT a football fan, certainly not a Liverpool fan.

And to mention Newcastle, Sunderland and the like, in defence of your heroes, its clear you've got a pretty perverse understanding of what LFC used to be about.

Finally, we were going to the wall were we? Another lie of monumental proportions from the Fenway lie machine.
      If I fail to make the mortgage payments on my home, is my home demolished.

Really, if you are going to try and defend the indefensible, you must be able to do a LITTLE better than that... :roll:

FTR, Fenway are charlatans of the worst order. Traditions, competing, winning, value for money? They couldn't give a sh*t.
      They've had the club for sale from the moment they bought us as stolen goods. Fenway have TWO ambitions. Con the fans, with plants, with pr spin, with lies and confidence tricks. And squeeze us for every penny they can.

The majority of REAL fans have now seen thro it. But sadly the parrots and plants are making a lot of noise. And continuing to embarrass themselves with their nonsense.

Sorry mate but you are looking like a petulant little boy in those few posts. Firstly, before you do some damage to your computer, compose yourself and stop crying into your keyboard.

Im not real fan, or a good LFC fan because I think our onwers have had a good year? Were you dropped on the head as a kid?
      Did you just say Hicks and Gillette were better managers than FSG? So you were dropped....
      We only sell our best players... but hicks and gillette only sold some? Suarez aside whoelse have we sold of real quality? So the dropping continued into your teens?
      If you fail to make mortgage payments? You're home is not demolished, but credit wise and financially speaking, it will be ruined.
      Newcastle Sunderland Et Al, were only mentioned as their owners all have more money. Read my posts again.

And before you reply.... relax, breathe and man up.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #16025: Dec 31, 2014 05:49:53 pm
      You suggest that the ''holding company'' acts entirely independently of FSG/NESV and intimate that the ''holding company'' appointed Ayre with no regard as to the wishes of JWH, who is the main man in spite of the ''purchase companies'', ''holding companies'' and different shades of umbrellas operating of their own accord.
      Ayres was in situ when NESV acquired LFC compliments of H&G and remained in office on the say so of the main man, expediency would demand the executive being appointed prior to the assorted umbrella of companies you describe.

What does come to mind while contemplating an H&G employee being retained is the similarity of the operation in setting up a myriad of companies as H&G did to muddy the waters.
      God forbid that I should make comparison although the Ian Ayre appointment is not as crystal clear as a spring fed brook.

I suggest nothing.
      I am saying quite clearly and unequivocally that Ayre is an employee of Liverpool FC, and not a direct employee of FSG.

That's it, simple as F**k.
      He was a Liverpool FC employee before FSG took over, and he remains an employee of Liverpool FC, the same as everyone else at the club.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,998 posts | 223 
      Reply #16026: Dec 31, 2014 05:52:49 pm
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #16027: Dec 31, 2014 06:26:39 pm
      Computer says "NO" . All of a sudden Rodgers sees no reason to dip into the transfer market and hoping for Sturridge to come back soon and all will be good . Tom Werners new year message is clear as day " no new signings Brendan mate "
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #16028: Dec 31, 2014 07:36:18 pm
      Nonsense of epic proportions. 2 games ago, we had our worst start for SIXTY YEARS, acc to the BBC.
      We could be in Football League 2, and some of you would be singing praises for these conmen.

All of a sudden Rodgers sees no reason to dip into the transfer market and hoping for Sturridge to come back soon and all will be good .
      Tom Werners new year message is clear as day " no new signings Brendan mate "

Interesting.

Mr Compliant playing the game but selling his soul.

FSG say :
      "No more players mate."

"What you've bought ... you make 'em work.
      Its all on you buddy and what you are feeding us in our transatlantic chats .... cos we dont know what the hell is going on in soccer."

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,218 posts | 4919 
      Reply #16029: Jan 01, 2015 12:28:04 am

I do get that Swab.

But when it all boils down if Ayre was to be fired FSG would be the guys doing the firing so he still in effect works for J W and co no matter how it is dressed up.
      Canuck33
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 345 posts | 19 
      Reply #16030: Jan 01, 2015 12:51:06 am
      Interesting.

Mr Compliant playing the game but selling his soul.

FSG say :
      "No more players mate."

"What you've bought ... you make 'em work.
      Its all on you buddy and what you are feeding us in our transatlantic chats .... cos we dont know what the hell is going on in soccer."

You blame them? For the small change of £120m?

Quick Reply