Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2763400 times
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: New Owners of LFC
      Reply #16905: Apr 21, 2015 05:36:06 pm
      You have to hand it to them. These guys know how to work from a PR perspective.

They sure do Si.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #16906: Apr 21, 2015 05:43:29 pm
      Yep, ask Kenny, lost his job defending of of his men.

This all day and the owners got into bed with the gutter press and Ferguson calling for Luis, Dalglish and LFC to be crucified.
      They did appoint Comolli to supply the hammer and nails of course.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #16907: Apr 21, 2015 05:47:19 pm
      FSG should leave us, i read in the press that they have no intention of sacking Brendan. They have NO AMBITION whatsoever for this club, they don't give a f**k about performances on the pitch it seems, thinking only to milking this club, only money money money, if they're happy with how Brendan manages this team.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #16908: Apr 21, 2015 07:42:04 pm
      This all day and the owners got into bed with the gutter press and Ferguson calling for Luis, Dalglish and LFC to be crucified.
      They did appoint Comolli to supply the hammer and nails of course.

:lmao:
      Just a complete pack of lies dreamed up here.
      It's really quite funny.
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #16909: Apr 21, 2015 08:51:11 pm
      Didn't KK demand lots of transfer money and then say "back me or sack me" when FSG expressed doubts?
      Yep, Maddock confirmed so that time. Wonder who is briefing this clown.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #16910: Apr 21, 2015 08:57:27 pm

Well he works for the Mirror, the Mirror is owned by the same group as the Echo..

So....
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #16911: Apr 21, 2015 09:04:06 pm

I believe Maddock is Ayres stooge.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #16912: Apr 21, 2015 09:08:15 pm
      God forbid they're doing what everyone wants them to.

Backing their manager, securing one of our best players, limiting costs of ticketing and signing an extension to the biggest sponsorship deal we've ever had.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #16913: Apr 21, 2015 09:10:49 pm
      FSG should leave us, i read in the press that they have no intention of sacking Brendan. They have NO AMBITION whatsoever for this club, they don't give a f**k about performances on the pitch it seems, thinking only to milking this club, only money money money, if they're happy with how Brendan manages this team.

Or given the fact that we're only a mere 4 points off 4th and 5 points off 3rd ( if we win our game in hand), maybe they see us as not being too far behind the mega rich clubs, all things considered!

Maybe they saw season as part of the long term plan, and are satisfied with 5th place! Maybe they know that Brendan is a good manager that will get better with experience. Maybe they saw the difference a world class player in the team can make, and will back Brendan accordingly.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #16914: Apr 21, 2015 09:12:39 pm
      Or given the fact that we're only a mere 4 points off 4th and 5 points off 3rd ( if we win our game in hand), maybe they see us as not being too far behind the mega rich clubs, all things considered!

Maybe they saw season as part of the long term plan, and are satisfied with 5th place! Maybe they know that Brendan is a good manager that will get better with experience. Maybe they saw the difference a world class player in the team can make, and will back Brendan accordingly.

All possibilities Orchard, again another Summer transfer season that will tell us a story.

If they turn around and purchase a premier front line player to pair up with Studge/Sterling then all of us will feel a bit different.

If we spend all the money this summer on lower wage players with promise or higher wage journeymen with no transfer fees attached that will confirm a lot of things.

ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #16915: Apr 21, 2015 09:19:25 pm
      God forbid they're doing what everyone wants them to.

Backing their manager, securing one of our best players, limiting costs of ticketing and signing an extension to the biggest sponsorship deal we've ever had.

Not words, but deeds! As the religious folks would say!
      Yes they have backed Brendan THIS season, but if the backing again involves spreading the funds on potential, instead of quality, I'll be pissed!
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #16916: Apr 21, 2015 09:21:04 pm
      All possibilities Orchard, again another Summer transfer season that will tell us a story.

If they turn around and purchase a premier front line player to pair up with Studge/Sterling then all of us will feel a bit different.

If we spend all the money this summer on lower wage players with promise or higher wage journeymen with no transfer fees attached that will confirm a lot of things.

If buying quality brings us success, on the field FSG will reap the rewards off the field! It's a win-win situation in my view!
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #16917: Apr 21, 2015 09:22:45 pm
      If buying quality brings us success, on the field FSG will reap the rewards off the field! It's a win-win situation in my view!

Sports Ownership 101 if you ask me.

Time will tell i guess; boy that line is starting to get old.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #16918: Apr 21, 2015 09:25:30 pm
      Sports Ownership 101 if you ask me.

Time will tell i guess; boy that line is starting to get old.

Time has already told mate! Thankfully Summer will bring a chance to put right the wrongs!
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #16919: Apr 21, 2015 09:37:13 pm

Thing is we can only generate so much..

If we have to spend a markedly higher part of the profit to generate are that success then I don't see them pushing the boat out.. Ever

The story that Mike Ashley at Newcastle being happy with his lot where he is, that as long as he doesn't relegated he is happy floating around where they are because it maximises profit.. That pushing on to Europe would eat into that with the added outgoings.. That he sells stars to keep that status quo.
      Well I believe Ashley is FSG light.. Where we are they are happy with.. Increasing other aspects of the club to increase turnover but to push on and sustain CL would probably reduce overall levels so I'm not sure they really care if we do or not.

They aren't bad owners, but us breaking into the top table under these on a regular sustained basis isn't going to happen

Yes for what we spent last summer we could arguably expect better.. But look at the net.. It's always around the same..
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #16920: Apr 21, 2015 09:41:10 pm
      Not words, but deeds! As the religious folks would say!
      Yes they have backed Brendan THIS season, but if the backing again involves spreading the funds on potential, instead of quality, I'll be pissed!

Spreading what? They spent 12 million on a fullback, they spent 20m on a centre back, 25m on an attacker, 20m on another attacker and 16m on a striker.

Those are the upper echelons of prices for those positions except for Mario and even his price + wages are higher than average.

The amount of crap in this thread...
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #16921: Apr 21, 2015 09:42:18 pm

If we have to spend a markedly higher part of the profit to generate are that success then I don't see them pushing the boat out.. Ever

The story that Mike Ashley at Newcastle being happy with his lot where he is, that as long as he doesn't relegated he is happy floating around where they are because it maximises profit.. That pushing on to Europe would eat into that with the added outgoings.. That he sells stars to keep that status quo.
      Well I believe Ashley is FSG light.. Where we are they are happy with.. Increasing other aspects of the club to increase turnover but to push on and sustain CL would probably reduce overall levels so I'm not sure they really care if we do or not.

They aren't bad owners, but us breaking into the top table under these on a regular sustained basis isn't going to happen

Yes for what we spent last summer we could arguably expect better.. But look at the net.. It's always around the same..

What they are trying to accomplish

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #16922: Apr 21, 2015 09:47:29 pm

Your right mate FSG are not going to outspend the 4 teams above us they have as much as admitted it.
      However that does not mean they are going to be happy with finishing 5th. Rodgers remit has always been after a couple of years of stability to have us in the CL. In a way he overachieved last year and that may be his downfall.

If our net spend is below the 4 teams above us and we are finishing 5th then you could say Rodgers has achieved what is expected. Yes what is expected by any average manager as that is where we should finish with our spend.
      We and FSG don't exoect to have a average manager we want someone more than average, so on that basis Rodgers is not performing to expectations of the fans and I doubt FSG.

Who wants a average Joe at the helm of their club?

AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #16923: Apr 21, 2015 09:47:37 pm
      25m on an attacker, 20m on another attacker and 16m on a striker.

Do you think Reus (a player with a 50m price tag) would be allowed Crouch; I mean honestly do you think they would do it?

You can give me a mandate to win the Monaco GP and back me fully but if I have to spend all my money at the Mini dealer I might underachieve.

I would rather have 1 Ferrari than 100 Mini Coopers.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #16924: Apr 21, 2015 09:48:02 pm
      Spreading what? They spent 12 million on a fullback, they spent 20m on a centre back, 25m on an attacker, 20m on another attacker and 16m on a striker.

Those are the upper echelons of prices for those positions except for Mario and even his price + wages are higher than average.

The amount of crap in this thread...

9 players Crouchino, 9 players! 20 million, 25 million, decent amounts of money for sure, not enough to buy world class talent though!
      If you don't think FSG Sat down with Ian Ayres to discuss transfer policy, and give him the ok to proceed with that policy, your crazy.
      FSG just sign the Cheques? I don't think so!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #16925: Apr 21, 2015 09:51:08 pm
      9 players Crouchino, 9 players! 20 million, 25 million, decent amounts of money for sure, not enough to buy world class talent though!
      If you don't think FSG Sat down with Ian Ayres to discuss transfer policy, and give him the ok to proceed with that policy, your crazy.
      FSG just sign the Cheques? I don't think so!

Villa, Basel and Besiktas can only dream of spending anywhere near that amount.

AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #16926: Apr 21, 2015 09:54:55 pm
      Villa, Basel and Besiktas can only dream of spending anywhere near that amount.

So Herr Klopp would have us at the top eh?

Probably have us in 5th tbh.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #16927: Apr 21, 2015 09:54:57 pm
      Do you think Reus (a player with a 50m price tag)

Available for around 26 in the summer wasn't he?

Quick Reply