Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2762182 times
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,176 posts | 832 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: New Owners of LFC
      Reply #17112: Apr 29, 2015 01:53:32 pm
      Jaysus A_R... Your six year olds must be f**king geniuses. That's layman's term?

I asked a) where the money initiated from? b) who benefited? and c) where the money ends up?

The answers, put simply, (if I've waded through that explanation right) - The money [loan] comes from FSG - the money benefits both FSG and FSG's subsidiary LFC and finally... the money ends up back with FSG but...

They [FSG] aren't really lending themselves the money because it's called something else.

Boy but that took me back to A level economics class - the place I learned to sleep with my eyes open.

Thanks anyhow.  :gt-happyup:

;D
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,280 posts | 6371 
      Reply #17113: Apr 29, 2015 02:08:26 pm
      So why bloody sanction deals for players you describe as "calculated risks" when you had the final right to veto a transfer, Brendan?

This whole season is a mess and it keeps getting messier.

Because it was either "make do with what you've got, or you can sign Balotelli".

Hmm....well I guess Balo is better than nothing since I just lost Suarez?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,178 posts | 4908 
      Reply #17114: Apr 29, 2015 02:11:15 pm
      Because it was either "make do with what you've got, or you can sign Balotelli".

Hmm....well I guess Balo is better than nothing since I just lost Suarez?

Yep.

The problem I have is Brendan tried him. Decided he doesn't fit and he wasn't prepared to change to make him fit.

Then at a crucial part of the season, with the same other options available when we had our best run, decides he'll put Mario back in. Not just once but he went for it twice.

I'm not sure what he expected to gain from this.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,280 posts | 6371 
      Reply #17115: Apr 29, 2015 02:21:56 pm
      Yep.

The problem I have is Brendan tried him. Decided he doesn't fit and he wasn't prepared to change to make him fit.

Then at a crucial part of the season, with the same other options available when we had our best run, decides he'll put Mario back in. Not just once but he went for it twice.

I'm not sure what he expected to gain from this.

I honestly believe that at this point, Brendan is just trying whatever he can think of. I literally think he's desperate in a sense and he's just hoping that something will click.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,178 posts | 4908 
      Reply #17116: Apr 29, 2015 02:28:27 pm
      I honestly believe that at this point, Brendan is just trying whatever he can think of. I literally think he's desperate in a sense and he's just hoping that something will click.

Maybe.

But is a guy who suddenly seems to lose faith in what he's about the man to lead us forward mate?

He does seem like a man a bit lost at the moment and it hit home to me during the semi final where after about 30 minutes he seems to have run out of things to do.

I agree there is possibly an element of going back to Mario as he doesn't really knwo what else to do but if he looked back to our decent run he could have got a few pointers as to how to get some results. Even a few weeks back the game against Newcastle had a few pointers.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,280 posts | 6371 
      Reply #17117: Apr 29, 2015 02:31:38 pm
      Maybe.

But is a guy who suddenly seems to lose faith in what he's about the man to lead us forward mate?

He does seem like a man a bit lost at the moment and it hit home to me during the semi final where after about 30 minutes he seems to have run out of things to do.

I agree there is possibly an element of going back to Mario as he doesn't really knwo what else to do but if he looked back to our decent run he could have got a few pointers as to how to get some results. Even a few weeks back the game against Newcastle had a few pointers.

I don't know that he's lost faith per se....just that he is probably at the end of his rope with the injuries (especially Studge), the ongoing Raheem Sterling drama and Colin Pascoe's obvious constant attempts to undermine him ;D

Add it all up and Brendan probably feels like he doesn't know what team is going to show up anymore.

To be honest, I think if anything Brendan has only reinforced that he's still got as much faith as ever.....his stubborness sometimes can be a liability I suppose.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #17118: Apr 29, 2015 03:04:36 pm
      Agree mate.

Can see him being shown the door in a month or so.

Don't really understand your logic.
      The manager/coach is in situ expressly at the behest of the owners.
      The committee and any assistant personnel are also in place directly on the say so of JWH&Co.

Given those facts you choose to aim the blame gun at one individual in a complex administrative honeycomb some would describe as intentionally over-elaborate.
       The administrative honeycomb is as intricate as the description implies and appears to have served it's purpose.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #17119: Apr 29, 2015 09:01:53 pm
      Speaking after this side’s 1-0 defeat to Hull City on Tuesday night, Rodgers said: “For supporters, and for players themselves, it is always great if you can get in those marquee players that can really help you.”

“And I think we can see that that’s the type, maybe the one or two players, that we need.”

This is More than just a hint in my eyes, Rodgers takes a lot of blame for the transfers, but he clearly wants world class players here, someone is preventing him! I wonder who??

Ian F***ing Ayre ?

Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #17120: Apr 30, 2015 12:56:09 am
      Don't really understand your logic.
      The manager/coach is in situ expressly at the behest of the owners.
      The committee and any assistant personnel are also in place directly on the say so of JWH&Co.

Given those facts you choose to aim the blame gun at one individual in a complex administrative honeycomb some would describe as intentionally over-elaborate.
       The administrative honeycomb is as intricate as the description implies and appears to have served it's purpose.

How have I blamed one single individual? Clearly you have misunderstood my comment I am not implying that I want Brendan sacked/gone. He does need to take some accountabillity for the situation we are in but not all of it, history has shown that FSG aren't affraid to pull the trigger and sack a manager. With some of his recent comments around the need for "marquee" players he could be on a collison course and no longer towing the party line increasing the likelihood of them giving him the boot. That's what I was aiming for in my initial comment.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #17121: Apr 30, 2015 06:11:17 am
      How have I blamed one single individual? Clearly you have misunderstood my comment I am not implying that I want Brendan sacked/gone. He does need to take some accountabillity for the situation we are in but not all of it, history has shown that FSG aren't affraid to pull the trigger and sack a manager. With some of his recent comments around the need for "marquee" players he could be on a collison course and no longer towing the party line increasing the likelihood of them giving him the boot. That's what I was aiming for in my initial comment.

Right so - we're not too far apart after all.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #17122: Apr 30, 2015 06:14:53 am
      So why bloody sanction deals for players you describe as "calculated risks" when you had the final right to veto a transfer, Brendan?

This whole season is a mess and it keeps getting messier.

Probably look better if you change your avatar Crouchie....just saying  :-\
      « Last Edit: Apr 30, 2015 07:05:07 am by AZPatriot »
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #17123: Apr 30, 2015 07:07:43 am

Look at my posts would be better advice. I said give him another season. I wouldn't say that if I didn't think he could turn it around.

But if supporting him means I have to blindly look past his flaws then I cannot do that. He needs to fix some things.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,423 posts | 4581 
      Reply #17124: Apr 30, 2015 07:12:46 am

Oh come on John Henry, no need  :roll:  :f_whistle:  ;D
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #17125: Apr 30, 2015 12:26:48 pm
      Crisis meeting been called according to Andy Heaton, Brendan and Ayre both considered safe.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #17126: Apr 30, 2015 12:29:10 pm
      So... can someone tell to me who allowed the Suarez sale to Barcelona after Sanchez blanked us and agreed to sign for Arsenal instead leaving us with Lambert, Borini, a crocked Sturridge and a moody Balotelli ?
      Hindsight is a wonderful thing I know but that was the first big warning sign 2 weeks in to a new season...
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #17127: Apr 30, 2015 12:39:12 pm
      So... can someone tell to me who allowed the Suarez sale to Barcelona after Sanchez blanked us and agreed to sign for Arsenal instead leaving us with Lambert, Borini, a crocked Sturridge and a moody Balotelli ?
      Hindsight is a wonderful thing I know but that was the first big warning sign 2 weeks in to a new season...

Some laugh wasn't it.

How we allowed the sale of Suarez to go through without including Sanchez, or even Pedro in the deal I'll never F***ing understand.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,517 posts | 1767 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #17128: Apr 30, 2015 12:42:03 pm
      tbh. I agree with that, we should never have let him go until we had a replacemnt.

but I think they had got fed up with all the suspensions and sh1te that went with suarez, so they cashed in !

He was also banned upto end November so our sh1te start to season would still have happened.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #17129: Apr 30, 2015 01:50:11 pm
      Same old same old story, the owners PR dept will kick-off with some fanfare, transfer committee is dumped, in comes the director of football, and we're even link to Messi, fans buzzing all over and the last 2 weeks before transfer deadline we'll get 1/2 dozen of 19 to 22 yrs old potential gems that FSG tells us will and can win us the PL.

The close seasons propaganda is such that it has now developed into a familiar pattern and it will not be any different this time round while sponsorship continue to pour in due to our success of yesteryears.
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #17130: Apr 30, 2015 01:53:33 pm
      tbh. I agree with that, we should never have let him go until we had a replacemnt.

but I think they had got fed up with all the suspensions and sh1te that went with suarez, so they cashed in !

He was also banned upto end November so our sh1te start to season would still have happened.

to be honest, if you are Ian Ayres you don’t leave the table without Sanchez/Pedro signing in return... sell him to Madrid instead...

Regardless of the players desires....Ive never understood our lack of bollox in that particular transfer
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,348 posts | 1622 
      Reply #17131: Apr 30, 2015 02:33:04 pm
      Some laugh wasn't it.

How we allowed the sale of Suarez to go through without including Sanchez, or even Pedro in the deal I'll never F***ing understand.

I would say most on this forum dont understand it , the only ones who do are the halfwits who brockered the deal , their board must be laughing their tits off at us , its the same sh*t when Real come calling they really do take the piss out of us .
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #17132: Apr 30, 2015 09:57:54 pm
      Heard today that a Thai consortium are buying 51% of AC Milan for around €500m which essentially values AC Milan at about €1billion... Or nearly £731million.. For a club who is in the doldrums and doesn't own its own ground..

Still wonder why FSG brought us for £237million

:D
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #17133: Apr 30, 2015 09:58:51 pm
      Heard today that a Thai consortium are buying 51% of AC Milan for around €500m which essentially values AC Milan at about €1billion... Or nearly £731million.. For a club who is in the doldrums and doesn't own its own ground..

Yah you would think they could do a bit more PD.
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #17134: Apr 30, 2015 10:06:36 pm

You could write to RBS and ask them to unblock the Court gagging order against the press releasing details of why Shamway were chosen over the others.

Quick Reply