Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2645918 times
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: New Owners of LFC
      Reply #17756: May 25, 2015 07:51:54 pm
      I'm really scared for the immediate future of our club with these owners.

Really scared. Sick to the back teeth of people defending them just because it's the easier thing to do, they want to be right and have come too far with their arguments or are just too F***ing thick to see it.

Mediocrity beckons with them. In fact it's nearly here already. They haven't got a F***ing clue what they're doing with us with regards to turning us into a force again.

It's going to take us sinking to dangerous lows until a lot of our support wake up and take their heads out of their arses and enable a full on revolt.

They F***ing disgust me and some of the support for them just as much.

I F***ing hate them with a passion.

Not one F***ing clue.

I too am scared. Mediocrity, being also-rans and settling for 4th at best is petrifying.

I grew up watching and adoring my beloved club win everything in sight and scare the living sh*t out of opponents.

Now it's just the supporters being scared. Something has to change. Sick to death of the grating press conferences of Rodgers. A yes man at best.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #17757: May 25, 2015 08:07:30 pm
      The lads on the Anfield Wrap have perfectly summed everything up to me, covering Brendan Rodgers to FSG.

Find myself nodding in agreement with them as per usual, I can't believe we haven't heard from FSG yet, this silence is absolutely ridiculous and unfair on the fans and Brendan.

They've also said Ian Ayre has to run literally everything through this Mike Gordon fella, hence why transfer negotiations take so long, Ayre has to run every detail through him during the negotiations. I don't know how true this is, but it really would not surprise me.

These fuckers are dragging us down, we need to get rid of them by any means necessary, their fu**ed up policies are dragging us into the abyss of mediocrity and it's happening in front of our very eyes.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #17758: May 25, 2015 08:13:34 pm
      The lads on the Anfield Wrap have perfectly summed everything up to me, covering Brendan Rodgers to FSG.

Find myself nodding in agreement with them as per usual, I can't believe we haven't heard from FSG yet, this silence is absolutely ridiculous and unfair on the fans and Brendan.

They've also said Ian Ayre has to run literally everything through this Mike Gordon fella, hence why transfer negotiations take so long, Ayre has to run every detail through him during the negotiations. I don't know how true this is, but it really would not surprise me.

These fuckers are dragging us down, we need to get rid of them by any means necessary, their fu**ed up policies are dragging us into the abyss of mediocrity and it's happening in front of our very eyes.

My anger is three tiered 1st FSG then Ayre then Brendan but they all need to go because they all work together.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #17759: May 25, 2015 08:14:34 pm
      If there was a march tonight I'd F***ing join it and my girlfriend could go into labour any time now.

It's all come on me tonight with this lot. Disgrace and taking each and every F***ing one of us for fools. As long as Rodgers and Ayre keep doing as they say and the support keeps being fooled whilst buying the merchandise and match day tickets then they really don't give too much if a F**k. Shameless leaks to the press all the time, incompetence throughout everything they do as owners of a football club besides watching the money pile up whilst hiding behind FFP. Cannot wait to see what they do when that goes.

We're the 8th richest club in the world and still people don't think they should throw some caution to the F***ing wind.

Pathetic.

Fuming tonight.
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #17760: May 25, 2015 08:16:52 pm
      My anger is three tiered 1st FSG then Ayre then Brendan but they all need to go because they all work together.

I feel the same mate, but it starts from the top for me. It's their ridiculous transfer committee, they employ Brendan, they employ Ayre, they don't turn up, they offer no leadership and they need to F**k off.

Our first team currently resembles these clowns, the lack of leadership on the pitch is a reflection of the boardroom.

The whole lot need to go, they've ravaged our club and this is the result.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #17761: May 25, 2015 08:19:01 pm
      I feel the same mate, but it starts from the top for me. It's their ridiculous transfer committee, they employ Brendan, they employ Ayre, they don't turn up, they offer no leadership and they need to f**k off.

Our first team currently resembles these clowns, the lack of leadership on the pitch is a reflection of the boardroom.

The whole lot need to go, they've ravaged our club and this is the result.

the last two results alone have brought the history of this club into the gutter we are a laughing stock and I cant see any decent players coming anywhere near us.SHAMBLES
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #17762: May 25, 2015 08:19:43 pm
      Ok, fine

So what do we do about it?
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #17763: May 25, 2015 08:35:44 pm
      Ok, fine

So what do we do about it?

We need some of the  big voices to start something off.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #17764: May 25, 2015 08:43:57 pm
      We need some of the  big voices to start something off.
      Spirit of Shankly? Or Sons/Sisters of Shankly. Or whatever it's called

Who are the big voices?

Not trying to be arsey, I'm trying to figure out what options people have

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #17765: May 25, 2015 08:50:14 pm
      I don't know mate. Same people who started the H&G revolt I suppose which was SoS.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #17766: May 25, 2015 09:54:06 pm
      when are they likely to grace us with their presence or words of wisdom. I think some door stepping from a decent journalist is in order we need to out these charlatans.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #17767: May 25, 2015 10:02:33 pm
      just thinking with Stevie and Glen going thats got to be about ÂŁ12-ÂŁ15 mil saved so the financial damage of no CL is almost corrected by them going.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #17768: May 25, 2015 10:02:33 pm
      Cut dead branches of the tree to let it flourish or cut it down all together and plant a new one?

Cut dead branches I say - e.g. Transfer committee and Ian Ayre, replace with a Director of Football. A world class director of football can sound out the right players, and make sure that footballing structures (e.g the current youth setup) are continuous from one manager to the next, if in the event Rodgers is sacked next season.

Rodgers must accept a DOF - yesterday was just appalling for all of us and compromises are going to have to be made as a result of this and the season in general.

I remember the plan was to persuade Van Gaal or Johan Cruyff to become Director of Football. What with their continental knowledge and experience at the very top of the game, it's almost impossible to believe they would have been as bad as the committee headed by, erm.... Ian Ayre and ex-Dagenham and Redbridge manager and low league non-entities.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #17769: May 25, 2015 10:08:28 pm
      So far reading between th elines some financial restructuring will happen and then it will be business as usual. Changing the manager or Ayre would be acknowledgement that the MODEL does not work and the model has to work. Think I will give my blood time to cool down and check things out in a few days but the  message from Boston is "crisis what crisis"
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #17770: May 25, 2015 10:16:12 pm
      It's looking pretty clear as another poster stated on the Brendan page that the relaxing of the FFP rules has probably put the cat among the pigeons, so why waste more money on a new manager and players he will insist on.
      Get the new stand renovation sorted and bring the sell on a year earlier than planned.

There intentions are becoming clear.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4877 
      Reply #17771: May 25, 2015 10:26:51 pm
      It's looking pretty clear as another poster stated on the Brendan page that the relaxing of the FFP rules has probably put the cat among the pigeons, so why waste more money on a new manager and players he will insist on.
      Get the new stand renovation sorted and bring the sell on a year earlier than planned.

There intentions are becoming clear.

Relaxing FFP will truly F**k them up as I'm sure I read quotes from JW that they only bought us because FFP was on the horizon. At the moment they can hide behind FFP and trot out the 'we can only spend what the club generates' line in order to comply but if the rules are relaxed they know full well the supporters will demand they put their hands in their own pockets and spend big.

It's a reason I think no protest of any sort like was mentioned above would carry much weight at this present time.

What would we be protesting about?

Spend more of their own money?

They aren't allowed to do that under current legislation.

Get on with the stadium plans?

Already happening.

I get the frutstration, I really do, but I don't see what we can potest about right at this moment.
      « Last Edit: May 25, 2015 10:36:57 pm by srslfc »
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #17772: May 25, 2015 10:35:03 pm
      I can't fault them on last summers Business to be honest, they laid down the foundations and backed the men they placed in charge to deliver the goods.

Whether the men in charge of delivering the goods are the right men for the job, is a whole other debate.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4877 
      Reply #17773: May 25, 2015 10:38:02 pm
      I can't fault them on last summers Business to be honest, they laid down the foundations and backed the men they placed in charge to deliver the goods.

Whether the men in charge of delivering the goods are the right men for the job, is a whole other debate.

You can fault them on not getting a proper replacement for Luis Daz but like you say I was satisfied with the sqaud once the transfer window closed.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #17774: May 26, 2015 06:24:01 am
      They don't give a flying F**k about the club, at least at Chelsea or City you see their owners coming to watch every game, i bet they even care more about their clubs than these filthy yanks.

Not even have the decency to turn up for Stevie's last home game, not even trying to communicate with the fans, no nothing.

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #17775: May 26, 2015 07:11:26 am

This is why posts like this one make zero sense and come off as knee-jerky to me:

I'm really scared for the immediate future of our club with these owners.

Really scared. Sick to the back teeth of people defending them just because it's the easier thing to do, they want to be right and have come too far with their arguments or are just too F***ing thick to see it.

Mediocrity beckons with them. In fact it's nearly here already. They haven't got a F***ing clue what they're doing with us with regards to turning us into a force again.

It's going to take us sinking to dangerous lows until a lot of our support wake up and take their heads out of their arses and enable a full on revolt.

They F***ing disgust me and some of the support for them just as much.

I F***ing hate them with a passion.

Not one F***ing clue.

Because everyone was delighted with our business last transfer window. We lost Luis, spent all of the money plus ÂŁ40m more and despite everyone being down about Luis leaving the overwhelming majority ranked from satisfied to very happy with our transfer business.

By the way, defending them is not the easy thing to do. Because the job they've done is not an easy feat.

Alas someone has to be targeted for this mess of a season and while it's easy to shoot at the top, it's the middle men i have the biggest problem with.

A lot of money was given, it was spent, and it was spent on complete and utter trash. Don't tell me for one second that a squad that had ÂŁ120m spent on it is finishing 6th because that is where we deserve to finish based on our level of spending.

Who gave that money? Owners. Who spent it? Brendan and his CHOSEN committee.

Yet the person who is defended is the guy who says "I'll go if they want me to go". The most pathetic line i have seen from a manager in a long time.

5th season in to their ownership and what did they promise us would happen?

Clearing the squad - done.
      Debt reduced and manageable - done.
      Backing the manager - DONE!
      Strong financially and competitive - done.

Brendan said to judge him after 3 seasons and what has happened?

- First season = 7th.
      - Second season = 2nd.
      - Third season= 6th.

Transfers? sh*te.
      Tactics? sh*te.
      Game management? sh*te.

Do you think another manager couldn't get top four or challenge for the title if they were given ÂŁ211m to spend in three seasons?

Remember when people wanted the club to be self-sufficient and to continually spend that ÂŁ40m or so each window to remain competitive? Yeah we've done that and Brendan and his committee spunked it on Allen, Borini, Balotelli, Lovren and Moreno amongst other car-crashes.

Crashing out of the cup competitions embarrassingly bar one cup-run in the League Cup.

My only massive gripe is they didn't show for Stevie's last match at Anfield. That was pathetic.

Other than that, i like that they are never in the media.

And people saying they are in it for a quick buck - the quick buck won't be realised for at least another 5 seasons and that makes it a decade in between purchasing and selling. Hardly "quick" is it?
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #17776: May 26, 2015 07:19:36 am

No.  You cant...... but if stalling on Rodgers then the searchlight spins on to them.

Telegraph article is good place to start.

Liverpool act like a mid-table club, but Brendan Rodgers signed up to it so can have no complaints

8:39PM BST 25 May 2015

It is as if time itself is enjoying a joke at Liverpool’s expense.
      As the debris was being cleared on the club’s worst defeat in 52 years, the tenth anniversary of the club’s Champions League ‘miracle’ in Istanbul was celebrated.

Brendan Rodgers may be inclined to nick an image from that night as he assesses his own situation. At full-time on Sunday, he must have felt like he was 3-0 down at half time to a side including Pirlo, Kaka, Maldini and Shevchenko.

Just like that momentous evening in the Ataturk, Rodgers must also believe a comeback is possible.

It was another day of introspection at Anfield – they seem to average one a week in modern times – but Liverpool remain adamant the upcoming internal review into the events of this season will not focus on Rodgers’ position.

“Not on the agenda,” is the official line on it.

Something may be about to change at the club – it really has to – but according to the club, not the manager, not the recruitment staff and not with the introduction of a director of football. One wonders what exactly the review will entail. The seating arrangements and ticket prices for next year’s club end-of-season awards, perhaps?

There will be a degree of incredulity at the suggestion the status quo remains intact from those who witnessed the first-half humiliation in the Britannia Stadium. The cynical view is this is pure story management – an attempt to steer the focus away from any pre-determined desire to dismiss Rodgers.

He may be safe going into his assessment of the season, but will the sirens go off during the course of the conversation and the ground shift as he leaves the room?

That said, given Rodgers has already had a preliminary chat and his working relationship with Fenway Sports Group President Michael Gordon is strong, his “150 per cent” sureness can be understood.

If his conviction proves justified, attention will turn swiftly to Fenway Sports Group and Gordon himself.

Without the hint of any inaugural address, he slipped into the FSG presidency at the start of the season.
      We must stop seeing John W Henry as the all-consuming influence on Anfield affairs.
      So long as Rodgers has the trust of Gordon, he is safe.
      Brendan Rodgers faces a crunch meeting with FSG's representative . There is one caveat, however. Rodgers must still be aligned to the club’s ‘model’.

Herein lies the crux of the issue.
      It is all about ‘the model’ at Anfield, with the employees signing up to it. It is referred to so often one often wonders if Anfield has been ambushed by an offspring of the church of scientology, or if staff gather to worship before it like the black monolith in “2001: A Space Odyssey”.

There are numerous elements to ‘the model’, but the main one is about "being smart". "Smartness" defines everything, particularly in recruitment.
      Upon buying Liverpool five years ago it was suggested to John Henry that rather than spending ÂŁ40 million on well-established, proven world-class international footballers, it might be wiser to find these players before they become world-class. That is when they are cheaper.

It is not known whether anyone shouted "Eureka!" when this idea was proposed.

Certainly no one seems to have piped up that everyone else had been trying to do the same thing, with varying degrees of success, since the first transfer fee was dispatched by carrier pigeon. Nor has anyone pointed out that, in all probability, all the best young players are already owned by Chelsea and have been turfed out on loan across Europe.

More worryingly, it does not seem to have occurred to anyone that if you have ÂŁ115 million to spend and opt to target younger, cheaper players instead of expensive world-class ones, you are electing to operate in the same transfer zone as mid-table rather than elite clubs.

The risk of becoming a mid-table team is just as likely as that of plucking the bargain gems that escaped the attention of the established Champions League clubs. Liverpool’s performance at Stoke suggested that this team is heading only one way unless they sign five top-class players.

It rather feels like Liverpool have become a multi-million pound laboratory experiment, big on theory but light on success. Liverpool fans want ready-made winners. FSG want to create them.

That is why those casually dropping the names of JĂźrgen Klopp and Carlo Ancelotti into chatroom and social-media conversations are demanding FSG abandon everything they have been doing for the last five years.

If Rodgers is not sacked ... then it answers loud all the questions we have had about FSG.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #17777: May 26, 2015 08:08:56 am
      By the way, defending them is not the easy thing to do. Because the job they've done is not an easy feat.

I've calmed a bit after getting my mad up last night. Warsteiner? Good sh*t.

I'm starting to think you might fall into the thick bracket, anyway. :D

Joking aside Crouch, there are counters for all of your points and then there are counters back at me. It's been done and your position and view on them is immovable as is mine and that's fair enough I suppose

I know we said it last season but this Summer is huge for them.

If as you've pointed out, Rodgers and his committee are so poor at managing this club and FSG know what they are doing then the vote of confidence that was leaked yesterday will be the dreaded one. Owners as perfect as them won't surely persist with a manager as bad as Brendan Rodgers, will they?

They change tact, throw some caution to the wind to counter a poor season and scrap the way a lot of things have been done for the better then people might start to believe they care about success for the club as opposed to using it as a cash cow.

Personally, although I agree and feel like they should have had someone at Anfield for Gerrard's last game, it doesn't bother me that they don't come to Anfield too much. Being at St James Park for every Newcastle United home game doesn't make Mike Ashley this amazing owner. What does bother me is that we have people who know F**k all about the sport (Mike Gordan) carrying out season reviews and the ultimately huge footballing decisions.

They need to start getting footballing decisions right and if anybody disagrees on this then I really am at a loss.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #17778: May 26, 2015 08:35:22 am
      I'm not softening at all the longer that goes on from Sunday

It's the worst result in all my time watching this club

It was spineless, it was gutless, it was the first time I've watched us litterally give up

Yet why has this supposed meeting not been brought forward? Why are we still hearing nothing? Why are we seemingly bumbling along with f**k all leadership at any point of the club?

I don't like knee jerking but I'm affraid for what happens next season if something isn't done about the structure of the club and Rodgers is very much part of that

These are no good for us.. Simple as that. Implementing  and persisting with a flawed plan

Quick Reply