Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2756165 times
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: New Owners of LFC
      Reply #17963: Jun 01, 2015 09:40:57 pm
      Don't think those two statements work together very well Deb.

If we sold 300 million and spent 100 million that would be one story; the fact that it was spent on the wrong targets is whole different one.

In fact FSG is screwing themselves as much as the club by the purchases themselves...flushed 200+ million down the toilet.

Exactly my point AZ, canny businessmen don't screw themselves financially so why flush that amount of money away with so little to show for it.  They could have spent half that and got better results, yet they seem loathe to change tack saying they're happy with the recruitment we've done.

We're about to spend another £70m on 4 more squaddies and think we can improve.

I don't know why I'm bothering to care though, they've killed whatever joy I had from following my team.  I'm actually more fearful about where the Club is heading now than I was 5 years ago, from a football pov.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #17964: Jun 01, 2015 09:42:46 pm
      I don't know why I'm bothering to care though, they've killed whatever joy I had from following my team.  I'm actually more fearful about where the Club is heading now than I was 5 years ago, from a football pov.

I believe this statement should hit home with most of us, exactly how I feel too Debs.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #17965: Jun 01, 2015 09:49:55 pm
      I believe this statement should hit home with most of us, exactly how I feel too Debs.

I'm not even sure at this point if I could be bothered fighting for us if it comes to that.  We had something to fight for last time but what's left now doesn't deserve a fight.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #17966: Jun 01, 2015 09:51:39 pm
      There is going to be a meltdown here.

Rodgers is staying according to TAW. Saying they don't do ITK stuff but they are 100% certain of this now and that Ings has already signed and Milner also getting announced.

Time to get behind the manager no matter what you think of him now. He is staying. I knew this as soon as I seen LFC News earlier anyway.

Known it all along Dave.

Same with Ings, Milner and Benteke, we've become a mid table team with no ambition to win, no interest in competing for trophies. As long as we keep signing up more sponsors and developing the stadium the end of that spreadsheet looks sweeter and sweeter for our hedge/pension fund managers.

Sick of them, getting rich on the back of absolutely no work and milking the name and loyalty of all Reds around the world, definitely see the 'yanks out' banners getting a dust off this season and by the end of it they may well start to sit up and notice.

I'd love nothing more right now than LFC fans to gather together and build a club in honour of the past and disdain for the future, this club and it's traditions need to preserved not milked by a heartless money grabbing con merchant.

"we're here to win" - go F**k yourselves.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #17967: Jun 01, 2015 09:53:27 pm
      Never doubted BR was staying, never doubted JWH&Co will continue the ruination of LFC.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #17968: Jun 01, 2015 09:56:57 pm
      Known it all along Dave.

Same with Ings, Milner and Benteke, we've become a mid table team with no ambition to win, no interest in competing for trophies. As long as we keep signing up more sponsors and developing the stadium the end of that spreadsheet looks sweeter and sweeter for our hedge/pension fund managers.

Sick of them, getting rich on the back of absolutely no work and milking the name and loyalty of all Reds around the world, definitely see the 'yanks out' banners getting a dust off this season and by the end of it they may well start to sit up and notice.

I'd love nothing more right now than LFC fans to gather together and build a club in honour of the past and disdain for the future, this club and it's traditions need to preserved not milked by a heartless money grabbing con merchant.

"we're here to win" - go f**k yourselves.

Soz mate deleted post and put it in manager thread as I thought I was in there. Benteke wants CL footy. Silver linings and all of that jazz...
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #17969: Jun 01, 2015 10:05:23 pm
      Soz mate deleted post and put it in manager thread as I thought I was in there. Benteke wants CL footy. Silver linings and all of that jazz...
      On Saturdays performance, Benteke will need to sign for Celtic then.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      Reply #17970: Jun 01, 2015 10:27:41 pm

:)
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #17971: Jun 01, 2015 10:35:16 pm
      We're really not that far off.
      Some quality needs adding, but the players brought in last summer will improve as well.

I don't think we're in bad shape, but we really need to add some quality, particularly up front.

I agree Swab and posted something similar in a thread a srated a while back. I actually think FSG aren't that far away from getting things right but I am wary that they will never take that last step.

I think even one top class forward would transform this sqaud alongside a Milner as well for that bit of experience.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #17972: Jun 01, 2015 11:06:14 pm
      Been reading the posts. 

A lot of rationalising now going on.  Acceptance of further mediocrity .
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #17973: Jun 01, 2015 11:14:32 pm
      I don't know why I'm bothering to care though, they've killed whatever joy I had from following my team. 
      I'm actually more fearful about where the Club is heading now than I was 5 years ago, from a football pov.

Fantastic post Debs .
      Me too.

I'm not even sure at this point if I could be bothered fighting for us if it comes to that. 
      We had something to fight for last time but what's left now doesn't deserve a fight.

Soul Sister.

AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #17974: Jun 01, 2015 11:18:56 pm
      Been reading the posts. 

Solution Skip?

I posted one that I thought might have some impact in the BR thread but nobody seemed to care.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      Reply #17975: Jun 01, 2015 11:26:25 pm
      Been reading the posts. 

Oh I'm a bit worried but there was always an argument that BR should get a chance to prove that he is the manager that got us to 2nd and not the one that we had this season.

I'd have preferred a change and I still would love a change of owners but?

What can we do at this point? I've naturally got to get behind him and hope that he is being kept on for all of the right reasons and not just the easiest reasons. Big Summer and even bigger first 10 games of the new season.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #17976: Jun 01, 2015 11:35:22 pm
      Solution Skip?

I posted one that I thought might have some impact in the BR thread but nobody seemed to care.

Mediocrity and now apathy.

Its not in my hands AZ  ...... its not in any one of us to make the decisions and as Debs has said ... what is there left now to fight for except a corpse of a club ?
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #17977: Jun 01, 2015 11:43:06 pm
      Mediocrity and now apathy.

Its not in my hands AZ  ...... its not in any one of us to make the decisions and as Debs has said ... what is there left now to fight for except a corpse of a club ?

I would think collectively the supporters could be agents of change, at least somewhat.
      nikhillout
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Reply #17978: Jun 01, 2015 11:57:51 pm
      look at the players that were in our title winning teams, do any of you seriously thinks the likes of james milner, danny inngs, ricki lambert , benteke, enrique, lovren, allen, would have got within a million miles of them. people can say that we should be realistic and support this team but you know what u can dress up a turd all you want it is still a turd. Liverpool will not get Champions League again under FSG and even if Rodgers did it, why bother we've seen his european record 25% win rate is it.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,290 posts | 1514 
      Reply #17979: Jun 02, 2015 12:00:36 am

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,290 posts | 1514 
      Reply #17980: Jun 02, 2015 12:11:11 am
      I think Milner may do a decent job for us as a holding C mid. Not sure about Danny Ings, but don't wanna see Benteke or anyone like him.
      Be good if we can regroup by concentrating on the prem, but fear Europe will be a poisoned chalice for us next season.
      Only solution is for jwh to give Brendan £300 mill to go out and buy 4 or 5 top draw players.
      As that ain't likely, I pray for a sympathetic first 6 fixtures to get us underway.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #17981: Jun 02, 2015 06:17:09 am
      There is no way that the owners can seriously look at the situation we are in now and be happy? Surely not.

Whether they decide to stick with the manager as it seems they will there is no way in the world that they can go into next season with the whole club still ticking along like it has been, we can't go into the next like we finished the last.

There has to be changes somewhere, look most people have committee, so that stays in some form or other but the people on it? The person heading it needs to change.
      I personally would like to see a new man come in and head the operation, a proper football man who can go and sell the club to the players, someone who holds respect and understands that role, give him the power over the transfers and tell Brendan that he doesn't really get a choice, he is a good coach and that's what we want first, if you need more coaching time then you got it, don't worry about transfers at all and concentrate on coaching the players we bring in- but not under the current people within the structure , a new man- like it or lump it, because this isn't working

Something has to come out of these meetings to change the direction of the club.. Even if Milner and Ings are in the bag its early enough to still spend other money in different directions

If Brendan stays in happy to give him the chance to put last season right but I'm really fed up of none footballing people making football decisions.. Ayre, Gordon and the chuckles shouldn't be making decisions on the football side.. Bring someone in to oversee it
      I've backed Brendan but the current situation is not working and if we go into next season exactly the same way structurally and personnel wise we are setting ourselves up for failure

Strong leadership is sticking by your beliefs but being strong enough to see and admit weakness and error

If they can't see something has failed and are talked around by Rodgers, Ayre and Gordon that all is fine, it's a blip then then aren't clever or strong leaders.

Changes are needed and needed now
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #17982: Jun 02, 2015 08:00:41 am
      Oh I'm a bit worried but there was always an argument that BR should get a chance to prove that he is the manager that got us to 2nd and not the one that we had this season.

I'd have preferred a change and I still would love a change of owners but?

What can we do at this point? I've naturally got to get behind him and hope that he is being kept on for all of the right reasons and not just the easiest reasons. Big Summer and even bigger first 10 games of the new season.

Skip commented on the "acceptance" of mediocrity Dave, in reality it has got to be a case of resignation.
      Resignation that FSG are going nowhere in the near future and confidence in the knowledge that whoever manages LFC will not make a jot of difference.

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #17983: Jun 02, 2015 08:03:32 am
      Woah !

We are going for Milner on a FREE.

The corpse breathes !
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #17984: Jun 02, 2015 08:32:30 am
      Owners probably over here to cash in on Raheem.

Feel F***ing deflated with these assholes owners, is it wonder why we were swerved by Klopp or Ancellotti by both wanting breaks :)
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #17985: Jun 02, 2015 08:39:36 am
      There is no way that the owners can seriously look at the situation we are in now and be happy? Surely not.

You are commenting as someone who has some concern in the institution that is LFC Jon.
      JWH does not give a shiny one as long as the investment he acquired for a song and refuses to back with his own money remains a viable market entity, why should he be worried about anything else?

Quick Reply