Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2756492 times
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #19090: Jul 22, 2015 08:55:58 am
      As for FSG backing the manager and his transfer preferences: I welcome that but I find it amusing that anyone could see that as, somehow, worthy of extraordinary praise - isn't that what they should have been doing all along anyhow?  :laugh:

Sad thing is Mouse, they probably thought they were.  It's not like we haven't spent since they arrived, they've just been a little misguided in how and on who it was spent  ;)
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #19091: Jul 25, 2015 01:09:41 pm
      Liverpool FC hold talks with interested parties over naming rights for new Main Stand

10:52, 25 July 2015
          By Ian Doyle

Liverpool have revealed talks are ongoing with interested parties regarding naming rights for the new Main Stand at Anfield.

The £260million redevelopment reached a major landmark this week when the 650-tonne roof truss was lifted into position.

Once completed, the project will add 8,500 seats and take the capacity to around 54,000.

Liverpool will continue to resist the temptation to sell naming rights for the whole stadium as they want to preserve the historic Anfield name.

But Mike Gordon, president of the club’s owners Fenway Sports Group, has reiterated the Reds are encouraging sponsorship possibilities regarding the new Main Stand.

And he said: “Candidly, we’ve had a lot of interest in this area from third parties.

“While Anfield will always be Anfield, we are in fact in the market for a naming partner for the new Main Stand.

“Thus far we have had a number of very interesting conversations encompassing a wide range of partnership options.

“In reality, any Main Stand commercial sponsorship will ultimately depend on what potential partners are looking to achieve from such a relationship.”

Gordon added: “I believe we at FSG have been clear all along that we intend to be creative and bold in all of our commercial activities in an effort to generate more revenue, which in turn is used to increase funding to those parts of the club that help us win football matches.

“It is worthwhile to point out that these deals can entail complex discussions around a wide spectrum of possibilities, from naming rights and hospitality packages to bundling with other sponsorship opportunities across the club and under the right conditions, even to outright investment.

“The common thread to all of these options, or any other commercial activity of LFC, is that they must help to accomplish the goal of generating additional resources to invest in LFC in order to move the club forward and win trophies.”

With the stand remains on course for a completion ahead of the 2016-17 season, Gordon confirmed corporate hospitality sales – which make up almost half of the new seats in the Main Stand – have exceeded expectations.

And the FSG president revealed general admission season tickets will go on sale next year.

“We are delighted with hospitality sales thus far,” said Gordon.

“The high end executive packages sold out more quickly than we expected and we are now seeing very strong demand for the next level of premium packages that are for sale.

“Beyond the economic and competitive impacts, the additional seats will allow us to offer thousands more LFC fans the opportunity to attend a match at Anfield and provide a vastly improved matchday experience for those who are able to secure tickets in the new stand.

“All I can say about the new general admission season tickets being released is that it will occur sometime in 2016.”

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/liverpool-fc-hold-talks-interested-9726646
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,929 posts | 1477 
      Reply #19092: Jul 25, 2015 03:15:51 pm
      Oh no, they are going to sell everything they possibly can. The coca-cola stand or Starbucks hospitality suite. Imagine that. More bizarre, Facebook Kop.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #19093: Jul 25, 2015 03:37:06 pm
      Oh no, they are going to sell everything they possibly can. The coca-cola stand or Starbucks hospitality suite. Imagine that. More bizarre, Facebook Kop.

Wtf? They were always going to try and make some money on the stand somehow, don't see why it's such a big deal.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #19094: Jul 25, 2015 03:43:47 pm

Can't see them changing the name of the Kop. If they did, only the Shankly Kop would be acceptable to me. Any company out there naked Shankly, that uses Bills image as there logo?  :f_tongueincheek:
      If we could get the cost of the renovation for 10 year naming rights, that would be good business imo.
      Does anyone know of a precedent, of stand naming rights, to figure how much we could charge?
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #19095: Jul 25, 2015 06:44:49 pm
      We may get ribbed if they name it the Durex stand or even worse the bloody Tampax stand.

:)
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #19096: Jul 25, 2015 06:59:39 pm
      We may get ribbed if they name it the Durex stand or even worse the bloody Tampax stand.

Our defence needs protecting somehow ;)
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #19097: Jul 25, 2015 07:06:42 pm

I think the "bloody" tampax stand might be going a bit far mate  :D
      I could go along with the renaming of half the lower Anfield Rd stand "The Durex stand", for the visit of the Scum fans, it'll be filled with dicks anyway!  >:D
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,480 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #19098: Jul 25, 2015 07:22:57 pm
      No issues with the naming rights for the stand, they've always been up front about that being a possibility.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #19099: Jul 25, 2015 08:28:22 pm
      Slight problem, if most fans are ok with naming the stand after some random company, may that lead to FSG thinking it's alright to rename Anfield?
      They got the club at a top price and they will always profit due to the merchandise and wage cuts they've implemented, they/we have already got numerous partners and the TV money is through the roof, I don't think it's a road that should be open for them to go down.
      Unless the name relates to a person who is important to the club then yes of course. No marketing connections with the names of the any stand or the ground though.
      It's a modern era we've all got to move with the times, they took over with a huge debt... Nope, not buying into that blag.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #19100: Jul 25, 2015 08:35:07 pm
      Slight problem, if most fans are ok with naming the stand after some random company, may that lead to FSG thinking it's alright to rename Anfield?

“While Anfield will always be Anfield, we are in fact in the market for a naming partner for the new Main Stand.

Quote from the article Reddebs posted, in which Mike Gordon states the Anfield name will not be changed.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #19101: Jul 25, 2015 08:41:54 pm
      Quote from the article Reddebs posted, in which Mike Gordon states the Anfield name will not be changed.

They also said Suarez and Sterling were not for sale!  Can't see the Anfield name being changed though, it's as famous as the club itself, and is a asset when selling the club.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #19102: Jul 25, 2015 08:47:12 pm

Oh, pheww, cheers.
      Because you never know these days, after seeing so many clubs go that route. At least we can keep the heart. I know it's only a name but if you get rid of everything that identifies your club. Say your not even left with a particular style of football, youth policy or overall ethos, then all that's left is a lovely looking badge that's merely a sports logo.
      Mike Gordon is a Liverpool fan I believe from what I've read on here so I'm sure he'll try his best. If we got a rich sheik, Chinese owners or something then that wouldn't be a surety so maybe we're in good hands after all. *shrug*
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #19103: Jul 25, 2015 08:47:30 pm
      They also said Suarez and Sterling were not for sale!  Can't see the Anfield name being changed though, it's as famous as the club itself, and is a asset when selling the club.

Fair point, but seriously don't think there's any danger of it happening.

At least until we've sold Coutinho and Ibe, that is! ;)
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #19104: Jul 25, 2015 09:00:13 pm
      Never known a fan base in World football that obsesses around the dreaded phrase "Net Spend" like Liverpool fans. Our Summer revolves around it, the success of our dealings are seemingly gauged on it. It is the f**king bain of LFC forums & social media.

If we get rid of players who don't want to be here, & bring in players who improve the squad, who honestly gives a flying f**k if we spend £1 million or £101 million net? I couldn't give a sh*te! On the face of it, we've got rid of that little shitbag, brought in some genuine class, some genuine experience and some genuine depth. Looking forward to the season.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #19105: Jul 25, 2015 09:11:26 pm
      Never known a fan base in World football that obsesses around the dreaded phrase "Net Spend" like Liverpool fans. Our Summer revolves around it, the success of our dealings are seemingly gauged on it. It is the f**king bain of LFC forums & social media.

If we get rid of players who don't want to be here, & bring in players who improve the squad, who honestly gives a flying f**k if we spend £1 million or £101 million net? I couldn't give a sh*te! On the face of it, we've got rid of that little shitbag, brought in some genuine class, some genuine experience and some genuine depth. Looking forward to the season.
      Sorry but like it or net spend can be a good topic of for discussion, it can be viewed both negatively and positively in regards to the owners, depending on your view point.
      For example, those who champion FSG use it to show how good they are from a business point of view, those that voice their concerns, could use it to show that FSG are only willing to spend the minimum, and are not prepared to take any risk to their future profit.

Net spend is fair game as far as I'm concerned.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #19106: Jul 25, 2015 09:23:30 pm

I totally get your point, I've read so much about it.
      However, doesn't that at least mean the fans are kind of sensible and not impatient brats who want everything right now? Although, that attitude is allowed within all the being realistic, measured and knowing there is a way to build up the finances that may be more gradual than most of us want to see.
      Every fan of this club knows or wants to see us win things (not the Europa though with some fans? ;D) heck, even fans of other clubs from around Europe/the World wants to see us fighting. To make things more spicy, I have family abroad who follow Liverpool and sometimes I feel bad because we haven't performed as I hoped we could.
      It'd be nice to feel proud of a season like 2 seasons ago, just so we don't come across so meek... like a shadow of our former selves. Things go in cycles (not spokes) so who bloody knows.
      Only thing is, it needs full backing and not giving up on targets. Also a manager who is capable of winning things.
      Maybe Brendo will learn he is a winner this season.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #19107: Jul 26, 2015 12:17:47 pm
      IN
      Firmino £22m (plus add ons to £29m dependent on contractual clauses)
      Gomez £3.5m
      Bogdan Free
      Ings Tribunal (let's say £8m)
      Milner Free
      Clyne £12.5
      Benteke £16m (plus add ons to £32.5m dependent on contractual clauses)

Out
      Coates £2m
      Sterling £49m

Money out £62m
      Money in £51m

Difference £11m

Even if we paid full whack for Firmino and Benteke (which we have not) they've only shelled out around £34m. Hardly anything to go partying over

So to date FSG have backed the manager with £11m. And that's not even including potential sales of Lambert, Borni and whoever else.

Compare the money spent on incoming players with any other non-Champions League side and show me owners who have backed the manager more.

He has been backed - theres no two ways about it.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #19108: Jul 26, 2015 12:44:42 pm
      Compare the money spent on incoming players with any other non-Champions League side and show me owners who have backed the manager more.

He has been backed - theres no two ways about it.

I agree that he's been backed THIS SEASON, the penny having finally dropped apparently!
      I don't know why you feel the need to compare us to other non CL teams, show me another non CL team that has the same revenue as us and spends less.

I'm happy with the summer dealings so far, but this can't be a one time thing where the manager gets the players he asks for, it will need to happen regularly for me to believe FSG have on field success at the same level of importance as off field.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      Reply #19109: Jul 26, 2015 12:56:20 pm
      I agree that he's been backed THIS SEASON, the penny having finally dropped apparently!
      I don't know why you feel the need to compare us to other non CL teams, show me another non CL team that has the same revenue as us and spends less.

I'm happy with the summer dealings so far, but this can't be a one time thing where the manager gets the players he asks for, it will need to happen regularly for me to believe FSG have on field success at the same level of importance as off field.

Nah he's pretty much been backed every season.

Yes there have been signings made by the "committee" but that's the same in all big clubs.

For the players that the manager wanted we have paid above the odds to secure them - starting wth Borini and Allen and extending through Lallana, Lambert, Lovren and now Benteke.

In addition to all that, the manager has been able to drop players he didn't want - Carroll, Balotelli etc despite us spending big money on them - in contrast to the likes of Mourinho who has had to find a place for Torres, Shevchenko etc.

We haven't landed all the targets we wanted but neither have any of our rivals.

And the point about about Champions League income should be an obvious one.

As I said, some posters on here should be embarrassed with themselves; of course there are some who are still banging the same old tired drum about the owners asset stripping the club but it's good to know that you, at least, have come round to the view that the owner has been backed.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #19110: Jul 26, 2015 01:13:11 pm
      Nah he's pretty much been backed every season.

Yes there have been signings made by the "committee" but that's the same in all big clubs.

For the players that the manager wanted we have paid above the odds to secure them - starting wth Borini and Allen and extending through Lallana, Lambert, Lovren and now Benteke.

In addition to all that, the manager has been able to drop players he didn't want - Carroll, Balotelli etc despite us spending big money on them - in contrast to the likes of Mourinho who has had to find a place for Torres, Shevchenko etc.

We haven't landed all the targets we wanted but neither have any of our rivals.

And the point about about Champions League income should be an obvious one.

As I said, some posters on here should be embarrassed with themselves; of course there are some who are still banging the same old tired drum about the owners asset stripping the club but it's good to know that you, at least, have come round to the view that the owner has been backed.
      When I say backed I don't mean money hasn't been made available, it has, I'm talking about the need to spend a lot of it on potential instead of player that will improve the team instantly, surely you will admit that to be the case previously?

I've never accused the owners of asset stripping, it's clear how they intend to make their money, but in my opinion, that has been at the expense of the team. This window has been different to all Brendan's previous windows, we've bought players not because they could someday increase in value, but because they can immediately improve the first team.
      The CL point still stands, we can still bring in more revenue than any other non CL teams, so can therefore spend more.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      Reply #19111: Jul 26, 2015 01:45:20 pm
      But the only reason the manager is here in the first place is because of his ability to coach potential.

That is the gameplan.

If we were going to try and outcompete City, Chelsea and United by just beating them to the best signings (which incidentally we can't afford for the whole squad) we would have employed an Ancelotti, Rafa or suchlike with more experience of handling top level players.

He was brought here with a plan in mind and, in accordance with that plan he has been backed.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #19112: Jul 26, 2015 02:28:33 pm
      But the only reason the manager is here in the first place is because of his ability to coach potential.

That is the gameplan.

If we were going to try and outcompete City, Chelsea and United by just beating them to the best signings (which incidentally we can't afford for the whole squad) we would have employed an Ancelotti, Rafa or suchlike with more experience of handling top level players.

He was brought here with a plan in mind and, in accordance with that plan he has been backed.

Yes that was the plan, and it failed, hence the new approach!

Quick Reply