Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2764025 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #19182: Sep 03, 2015 05:35:50 pm
      I struggle to see the plan though when the turnover of players within 12 month periods, the chopping and changing of formation each season, the start again nature every season..

What are we expecting these lads who could potentially be the next Suarez do it within 3 months or get shunted for the next big thing.

Atleti and Dortmund don't play in as competitive nor cash rich league either

If I saw a plan I'd be happy to get behind it.. But the fingers crossed eyes squinted plan is losing its effect on me

Forget two and a half decades for a minute, this most recent plan is in its forth season and is a few mole hills than an over riding arch

It is an accountants formula mate, ensuring that JWH can keep his hand in his pocket while the asset is self-perpetuating and presents as little risk as possible to investors while ensuring an acceptable return to the shareholders.
      Another plus for JWH & Co is they could sell up anytime and make money on the very marketable proposition that is LFC, their only contribution to the asset is a loan to build the extended stadium.
      Very good business in anyone's opinion, if business is the be all and end all of your interest.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #19183: Sep 03, 2015 05:40:22 pm
      Not true - in fact i started a thread on Brendan Vs Klopp.

Similar CVs when they got the big job at Liverpool / Dortmund - Klopp went on to beat Bayern to the title, Brendan had three teams to beat and came a narow second.

Both managers relied on transfer committees buying players (Klopp obviously was at an advantage in getting better ones) - both managers had major problems when the best players were sold on (klopp doing badly enough to lose his job).

Simeone has done a fantastic job but again the problem arises of predicting that before he has done it. Would you seriously have sacked Brendan after he came second in the league and given his job to Simeone?

I meant in this recent discussion today.

I wouldn't have sacked Brendan after that season and appointed Simeone.

But I would 100% have done this May mate and unless we have a storming season this one and we look closer to the 2013/14 form than 14/15 I'd do the same next summer.
      « Last Edit: Sep 03, 2015 06:43:26 pm by srslfc »
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #19184: Sep 03, 2015 06:37:04 pm
      FSG give with one hand, then take away with the other!
      Build a team of squad players, but no top talent, then buy some top talent (maybe) in Benteke and Firmino, and set about weakening the squad! All for the sake of lowering the net spend.  :f_doh:

Sticking with a system that simply hasn't progressed us on the field, is crazy!

FSG, 5 years,1 minor trophy!

Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #19185: Sep 03, 2015 06:52:21 pm
      There's no doubt it's very hard to overcome City, Chelsea and Utd's financial power in the Premier League. Arsenal spend less than us so we can't blame money for the fact Wenger is a better manager than what we have.

However, Liverpool's excuses run out in Europe. Atletico Madrid are strong in La Liga and in Europe. Liverpool's decline in European competition under Rodgers isn't acceptable and it's purely down to his own limitations as a manager, and FSG for accepting it.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #19186: Sep 03, 2015 07:12:25 pm
      There's no doubt it's very hard to overcome City, Chelsea and Utd's financial power in the Premier League. Arsenal spend less than us so we can't blame money for the fact Wenger is a better manager than what we have.

However, Liverpool's excuses run out in Europe. Atletico Madrid are strong in La Liga and in Europe. Liverpool's decline in European competition under Rodgers isn't acceptable and it's purely down to his own limitations as a manager, and FSG for accepting it.

Do you not think JWH & Co should shoulder some blame for their admitted mistakes and the undisclosed errors they have made?
      What about the transfer committee? in situ to supposedly do what?
      When there is a questionable signing, decision or F**k up on the field BR holds his hands up and declares dutifully ''it's all down to me''!

There are some people who gullibly have the horseshit all day.

Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #19187: Sep 03, 2015 07:16:29 pm
      Do you not think JWH & Co should shoulder some blame for their admitted mistakes and the undisclosed errors they have made?
      What about the transfer committee? in situ to supposedly do what?
      When there is a questionable signing, decision or f**k up on the field BR holds his hands up and declares dutifully ''it's all down to me''!

There are some people who gullibly have the horseshit all day.

With respect, Stuey, I am not a fan of FSG and look forward to the day they sell up.

But your incessant attempts to make out as if Rodgers is some elite level manager being constantly sabotaged by everything around him is just pure horseshit. He was a guy plucked from relative obscurity and has been proven to be out of his depth. FSG are very much to blame for employing a manager never qualified to get the job.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #19188: Sep 03, 2015 07:20:45 pm
      I meant in this recent discussion today.

I wouldn't have sacked Brendan after that season and appointed Simeone.

But I would 100% have done this May mate and unless we have a storming season this one and we look closer to the 2013/14 form than 14/15 I'd do the same next summer.

13/14 was great because the football was electric at times. Lots of us thought it was the influence Suarez had on the other players whilst he was on the pitch lets face it he went to Barca and improved them too he really is that good. Brendan had a full season to prove he was the main reason we did so well but last seasons football was dire and it wasnt because he wasnt backed in the transfer market and as for the CL campaign thats probably best forgotten. FSG are clueless and I worry what they might do if they do sack Brendan.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,411 posts | 3406 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #19189: Sep 03, 2015 07:21:09 pm
      Dortmund have to overcome Bayren

Athletico have to overcome Barca & Real

We have to overcome Chelsea, United, City & now Arsenal.

Totally different leagues with massive difference on the finances in each league.

Apple to oranges to kumquat comparison.

Probably can be done on a limited scale but its a little more complicated in the Premier League than the one horse race that is the Bundsliga.

Dortmund did overcome Bayern - twice and atletico won the league in 2014
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #19190: Sep 03, 2015 07:26:46 pm

Also, we're expected to at least be level with or overcome those teams, especially given financial value and spending terms.

If we're not of that expectation then we've fallen big time.

Whereas Atleti and Dortmund are well behind Real/Barca and Bayern on those fronts respectively.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #19191: Sep 03, 2015 07:37:23 pm
      I think their investment is safe and doing ok and thats all they care about. success on the pitch just gets you fired.
      They are in no hurry to cash in and Brendan job is safe as long as he stays on message.
      It is all so depressing
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #19192: Sep 03, 2015 07:37:46 pm
      With respect, Stuey, I am not a fan of FSG and look forward to the day they sell up.

But your incessant attempts to make out as if Rodgers is some elite level manager being constantly sabotaged by everything around him is just pure horseshit. He was a guy plucked from relative obscurity and has been proven to be out of his depth. FSG are very much to blame for employing a manager never qualified to get the job.

You totally misunderstand my take on BR.
      I would be obliged if you could quote me extolling his virtues or describing him as a superior example of a football manager.
      On occasion there may have been comments that there are other factors that strive to cloud the judgement and put an exaggerated onus on the manager's shoulders, it is obviously advantageous to some parties to facilitate such a situation.
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #19193: Sep 03, 2015 07:41:04 pm
      You totally misunderstand my take on BR.
      I would be obliged if you could quote me extolling his virtues or describing him as a superior example of a football manager.
      On occasion there may have been comments that there are other factors that strive to cloud the judgement and put an exaggerated onus on the manager's shoulders, it is obviously advantageous to some parties to facilitate such a situation.

That's fair enough, Stuey.

For me the appointment of Rodgers was just an illustration of FSG's cheap ass approach to Liverpool FC. A young, cheap manager with little experience who would do as he's told from those above. If he succeeded, they were geniuses. If he failed. he's kept his mouth shut and not given them the hassle a Dalglish or Benitez would have done.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #19194: Sep 03, 2015 09:35:21 pm

Dortmund did not have to overcome 4 Bayern's only 1
      Athletico did no  have to overcome 4 others teams only 2.

A lot more competition for us to overcome than just 1 or 2 squads better than us; while there are some precedence...the PL is alot more competitive at the top than the other two leagues.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #19195: Sep 03, 2015 09:55:07 pm

A lot more competition for us to overcome than just 1 or 2 squads better than us; while there are some precedence...the PL is alot more competitive at the top than the other two leagues.

Which is also the case for our Top 4 rivals, they do play each other you realise!

AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #19196: Sep 03, 2015 10:25:17 pm
      Which is also the case for our Top 4 rivals, they do play each other you realise!

That is right but in a horse race the % chance to win it goes up with the amount of entries.....Bundesliga has been little more than two horse race for near a decade, La Liga..a three horse race with the 3rd horse changing around every 5 years or so (Villarreal/Athletico)

Premier league is top to bottom the richest and most competitive league in the world....and is a 5 horse race.

I am not saying it can't be done...but just saying well Dortmund did it or Athletico did it...is not telling the whole story.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #19197: Sep 03, 2015 10:52:19 pm
      Same way we nearly won it two seasons ago.

Same way dortmund won.

Nearly won it two seasons ago.
      With Suarez, Sturridge, Sterling & Gerrard.
      3 gone, 1 never fit since.

The attacking spine of the team gone.
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #19198: Sep 04, 2015 04:23:33 pm
      Apparently one of the broadsheets today reported that our net spoend was 9.8m
      Vs 19m for Evershite, and god knows how much for the 2 Manc teams.

I cant be arsed to calculate it. But if true, surely its time everyone told these Yanksters "shape up, or F**k off".

Net spend of 10m is actually ZERO net spend once you factor in the annual depreciation of a squad.
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #19199: Sep 04, 2015 04:30:08 pm
      Apparently one of the broadsheets today reported that our net spoend was 9.8m
      Vs 19m for Evershite, and god knows how much for the 2 Manc teams.

I cant be arsed to calculate it. But if true, surely its time everyone told these Yanksters "shape up, or f**k off".

Net spend of 10m is actually ZERO net spend once you factor in the annual depreciation of a squad.

Wonder what it actually is once you factor in tv rights, kit rights, ticket sales, jersey sales, etc. would love to know what their actual P/L's are overall.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,497 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #19200: Sep 04, 2015 04:31:34 pm
      I am more convinced than ever that when the stadium extension is done, we'll start seeing talk of selling up for a nice little profit.

They'll easily double their money if they bought us for, what was it, £200m, or £250m?
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #19201: Sep 04, 2015 04:37:48 pm
      I am more convinced than ever that when the stadium extension is done, we'll start seeing talk of selling up for a nice little profit.

They'll easily double their money if they bought us for, what was it, £200m, or £250m?

Think it was £300m, Forbes values us now around £650m.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,497 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #19202: Sep 04, 2015 04:52:31 pm
      Think it was £300m, Forbes values us now around £650m.
      There you go
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,348 posts | 1622 
      Reply #19203: Sep 04, 2015 05:04:00 pm

While it is true they had less to beat you are talking three of the best teams in europe who on any given day would more often than not piss on the top four in the prem .
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #19204: Sep 04, 2015 05:17:03 pm

its been the plan since day one and some of us have been slagged of for constantly reminding people they are only here to make money and lots of it. You just need to ask the question why Liverpool, why football which the have no connection with the answer is they did steal the club for next to nothing and they will take £300mil out of the club when they F**k off .

Quick Reply