Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2644064 times
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #20125: Oct 27, 2015 02:53:59 pm
      Not a huge follower of The bundesliga but players who have dropped out of the Dortmund first team with the new manager.
      Subotic perfect replacement for Skrtel
      Bender is a big strong DM perfect for the EPL.

Having said that I think we need a playmaking CM and a pacy winger.
      Also with the way Klopp sets up his teams we have no cover for Moreno and Clyne unless the youngsters step up.

I think we've plenty of pacy wingers, they're just all out on loan.

Fullbacks are a posibility but again let's see if any youngsters step up.

CB again is a possibility.

I think the playmaking CM or an AM who scores goals or a goal keeper will be the main first purchases.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #20126: Oct 27, 2015 09:36:46 pm
      Bumped into our American owners  as I walked through the main stand to get to the Kop for the Rubin Kazan game last Thursday, John Henry and Tom Werner were with Ian Ayre...I was so taken aback to see them as this was about 15 minutes before kick off, I wish I'd of said something to them now, probably never get the chance again  :-\
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #20127: Oct 28, 2015 07:58:02 am
      You should of asked them are they expecting a Christmas card from Brendan Rodgers this year.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #20128: Oct 28, 2015 10:23:49 am
      I doubt we will see much, if any, movement in January as Klopp will assess over the course of the season, and not rush into anything.
      Might see a couple going out, but I don't think we'll see loads of business being done.

Next summer will be different though I think, and we'll see more movement than the Jan window, although still nowhere near as much as people think.

Not sure about that.

I think JĂźrgen will already have a fair idea what the side is missing and will be backed to go out and get whatever he needs. And with the squad being pretty thin right now i doubt anyone will be leaving.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #20129: Oct 29, 2015 03:24:09 pm
      Not sure about that.

I think JĂźrgen will already have a fair idea what the side is missing and will be backed to go out and get whatever he needs. And with the squad being pretty thin right now i doubt anyone will be leaving.

we didnt have a big net spend this summer so there should be  money available all I ask is that we dont buy any more players with "potential". I~f we can't afford a player who will fit straight in and improve the team then dont buy anyone
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #20130: Nov 14, 2015 09:08:22 pm
      Liverpool FC chief executive Ian Ayre admits Reds can't get young fans into Anfield

17:31, 14 NOV 2015 UPDATED 18:30, 14 NOV 2015 BY ANDY KELLY

Club looking at initiative to bring younger fans in to fill empty seats after kick-off

Ian Ayre speaks to John Green at Blazer Con
      Liverpool’s chief executive Ian Ayre has admitted the club struggles to get 12 or 13 year old fans into Anfield under the current ticketing structures.

The Reds boss was speaking at a major “soccer” event in New York’s Brooklyn district known as Blazer Con.

Taking part in a question and answer session with American author John Green, Ayre spoke about the issues facing the club.

Justin Block, associate sports editor at the Huffington Post, quoted several of Ayre’s responses from the stage on his Twitter feed, as did other delegates.

Ayre is quoted as saying: “We have the enviable position of selling out every game but not having the route in to have a 12 or 13 year old come. Local supporters groups want to discriminate against travelling fans to get more Scousers back in Anfield. Stadium renovation could help.”

Ayre also said the club were looking at initiatives to bring more young fans in like getting them to fill any empty seats after kick-offs.

Liverpool’s Main Stand redevelopment will bring around 8,500 more seats into Anfield next year.

Being a Liverpool fan is about more than football

Addressing the expansion, Ayre said: “We’re one of the biggest football clubs in the world and we should look like we are.”

He also appeared to recognise that there is a major attraction to supporting Liverpool which stretches beyond what is happening on the pitch.

“We feel like the culture (of Liverpool FC) has a bigger effect (on fan growth) than the football,” he said.

On the Liverpool Way, he added: “Being a Liverpool fan is more than football, it’s about being part of a family.”

Ayre told his audience that he was surprised at Liverpool’s lack of commercial activity when he arrived at the club.

“I was surprised about how underdeveloped commercially and how little there was for foreign fans.

“LFC didn’t seize the opportunity of the ‘Phoenix rising from the ashes’ of Istanbul.”

Ayre said that Istanbul was the best moment of his life, notwithstanding his wedding and child births and said every time he watches it “I still think we will lose”.

He also joked that his best memory of Liverpool was choosing them “instead of Everton” and said he would address the issue of fans leaving early by “locking the gates”.

Addressing Manchester United’s big following in America, he suggested convincing “all Manchester United supporters in America to get a vasectomy.”

At one point host Green simply suggested to Ayre that Liverpool “win the league!”

Ayre said: “I think people genuinely want to see LFC get back there. Anyone who thinks we don’t have the burning ambition to win the league is wrong.”

But he said that every game in the Premier League was difficult now because of the huge amount of money floating around the teams.

“There genuinely are no easy games now... With the money coming in.”

Ayre suggested that the strength of the Premier League was one possible reason why English teams are hurting in the Champions League .

“European football is a secondary product for us,” he said, which may surprise fans who have been brought up on a diet of European success.

But Liverpool’s senior administrator has clearly been impressed by Jürgen Klopp since his arrival at Anfield.

Ayre said he saw parallels to Shankly’s work and said he believed the German could continue the “good to great” model of player development.

Echo
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #20131: Nov 14, 2015 09:24:23 pm
      For once Ayre not talking bollocks.

Like the bit about locking the gates to stop the early leavers  ;D
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #20132: Nov 14, 2015 10:25:27 pm
      Am I being too simplistic in thinking the reason we can't get more young fans into Anfield is due to the ridiculous ticket prices these days?
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #20133: Nov 15, 2015 10:15:14 am
      How much money a year do we make from Anfield ticket sales out of interest?
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #20134: Nov 15, 2015 10:32:53 am
      Am I being too simplistic in thinking the reason we can't get more young fans into Anfield is due to the ridiculous ticket prices these days?

That and the way they are sold on block people just cant shell out that amount .
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #20135: Nov 15, 2015 09:21:37 pm
      How much money a year do we make from Anfield ticket sales out of interest?

So we make approx twice as much from tv (will go up with new deal) and twice as much from commercial as we do from match day profits. So about a 1/5th comes from match day but I would presume that would also include programmes, pies etc etc. 
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #20136: Nov 22, 2015 01:25:07 pm
      Thanks.
      marska43
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 132 posts | 14 
      Reply #20137: Dec 02, 2015 06:34:21 pm
      Just something to keep in mind with the January transfer window approaching, in terms of our owners: they just signed a pitcher to the Boston Red Sox for 7 years, $217 million dollar deal. That's $31million a year. Money is there to spend, and they do have a history of splashing cash, overspending.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #20138: Dec 02, 2015 11:29:32 pm
      We've all had our doubts about FSG but right now, can't thank them enough for getting us Klopp!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #20139: Dec 03, 2015 12:00:04 am
      Just something to keep in mind with the January transfer window approaching, in terms of our owners: they just signed a pitcher to the Boston Red Sox for 7 years, $217 million dollar deal. That's $31million a year. Money is there to spend, and they do have a history of splashing cash, overspending.

The two don't relate though. Not only are they two different sports but the budgets will be separate for each depending on the finances of the individual teams/clubs. 
      marska43
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 132 posts | 14 
      Reply #20140: Dec 03, 2015 03:02:14 am
      The two don't relate though. Not only are they two different sports but the budgets will be separate for each depending on the finances of the individual teams/clubs.

I understand that. I'm simply showing that once the club's finances are in orders, they have shown in their business practices that they are not afraid to spend their money. As the transfer windows come and go, it is important to see that there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #20141: Dec 03, 2015 09:34:58 am
      We've all had our doubts about FSG but right now, can't thank them enough for getting us Klopp!

It's quite simple. People on the board do only 20% of the work. Hire the right person. Generally it will be someone who executes well and brings in more value to the organization than the whole team is paid.

BR did that. By cutting costs, selling players and buying cheap. However these guys on top want everything. Including results and keeping customers (fans) happy. BR could not bring more value to the club after the cost controls and hence he was sacked.

Now they need someone who can execute on the pitch with the current resources. They will pay Klopp and his team, provided they create more value over their costs. (For example landing the CL money eventually)

In short, they hired the right person. They'd probably learnt their lesson from the poor returns yielded from the TC's player acquisitions. Good management always rings in positive changes. And so there you go. Subsequent transfer windows are probably going to be more exciting.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #20142: Dec 03, 2015 10:10:41 am
      So whenever we have shown progression, 2nd under Rafa, 2nd under BR - can even go back to Dalglish and Evans, we have failed constantly to add the right players to a half decent squad.

We have the bit between our teeth at the moment and it makes the window coming up even more important.  2 or 3 quality buys then I really don't see why we cannot push for the top 3.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #20143: Dec 03, 2015 10:20:28 am
      So whenever we have shown progression, 2nd under Rafa, 2nd under BR - can even go back to Dalglish and Evans, we have failed constantly to add the right players to a half decent squad.

We have the bit between our teeth at the moment and it makes the window coming up even more important.  2 or 3 quality buys then I really don't see why we cannot push for the top 3.

Were 6 points off top as it stands with the top 6 from last season played all away from home, if we can maintain our current form until the end of the January transfer window and as you say bring in 2 or 3 quality buys, then I'd be aiming for higher than top 3, Arsenal have lost Sanchez for a canny spell, United are bang average and struggling to score goals, Chelsea are all at sea and City look like Barca one week and Newcastle the next.

The league is there to be won at the moment, it will come down to who wants its most as there is no one running away with it.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #20144: Dec 03, 2015 11:09:21 am
      We along with FSG are on the brink of another' period of total domination not only domestically but in Euroland,

Start believing ppl because this is happening, JĂźrgen Klopp is in the top echelons of world football management probably top 3,

He built his Dortmund side up to be Twice Bundesleague champions and  subsequently to a CL final,  he would have had even more success had he been able to retain the services of key players ie; Lewandowski,  Goetze etc,

Whereas Dortmund succumbed to the likes of Bayern Munchen,  selling prized assets, Liverpool fc in its current guise Won't,

Those days are gone, having inherited a decent "group " from Brendan, and in a reasonable state to boot, JĂźrgen has implemented his ideas and philosophy and all of a sudden LFC has made others sit up.and take notice,

add the reinvigorated ambition of our owners it's clear to see that the future is looking extremely bright,

It is a very exciting time to be a Red. I've been lucky enough to witness a hell of a lot of success down the decades and if I'm honest I never thought I'd be  seeing that kind of domination ever again in my lifetime,  so I'm particularly happy for those fans who have yet to see the kind of success that our history shows,

Start believing lads and ladettes,  because  what we are all watching right now, in the infancy of JĂźrgen's tenure is just the tip of the iceberg,

It is entirely possible he could deliver our 19th title this very season, 

So yes,   massive thankyou to FSG for bringing JĂźrgen and all the success that I have no doubt is heading our way.

And wouldn't it be fitting to raise the premiership pennant atop of our brand new main stand at the start of next season, Exactly 26 yrs since our last title,  uncannily familiar that number 26,  don't you think  :)

YNWA

tonyp111
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Re: Share Liverpool FC
      Reply #20145: Feb 01, 2016 02:59:52 pm
      I don't understand why we sold to another American consortium after what happened with the first lot. If our most famous club really had to be sold why was it not sold to someone who loves and knows the game of football and knows a lot about the history and success our great club has had.

Someone who is willing to put in money to rebuild the club and get it back to champions status as we was in the 70s and 80s and someone who did not have any ties to any other club or sport like our current owners have in America i.e( baseball the red sox )

It upsets me to watch what is happening on and off the pitch in the transfer market ian ayres and fsg are willing to pay full asking prices of players then loan them straight back to their clubs (when we badly need players now)and yet they are unwilling to go anywhere near the asking price of another player.

Who is keen eager and willing to play for the club right now and defend the mighty famous red shirt that he would be proud of wearing FSG have been saying season after season they will buy big in the summer but it never seems to happen.

They got rid of our best players after the fantastic season we had in the 2013/14 season and we never replaced our best player that season and we went backwards once again.What amazes me about FSG is before they took over they said they wanted to make us champions once again and yet they have not delivered they never backed BR on transfers which in the end finished with him being sacked and they are still doing the same thing with JĂźrgen Klopp

Where transfers are concerned I hear people saying yeah maybe so but FSG have put their hands in their pockets to pay for the stand but I have said no way its more like they have turned to the bank for a loan just like the last American owners did  to enable  the work  to be carried out

Players should have come first then the stand.

This is the first time ive ever seen Liverpool fc with a goal difference in the league as a minus rather than a plus at this stage of the season both bill shankly and bob paisley will be turning in their graves to see what is happening to their beloved club YNWA
      « Last Edit: Feb 01, 2016 04:27:45 pm by JD »
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #20146: Feb 01, 2016 08:41:10 pm
      I don't understand why we sold to another American consortium after what happened with the first lot. If our most famous club really had to be sold why was it not sold to someone who loves and knows the game of football and knows a lot about the history and success our great club has had.

Someone who is willing to put in money to rebuild the club and get it back to champions status as we was in the 70s and 80s and someone who did not have any ties to any other club or sport like our current owners have in America i.e( baseball the red sox )

It upsets me to watch what is happening on and off the pitch in the transfer market ian ayres and fsg are willing to pay full asking prices of players then loan them straight back to their clubs (when we badly need players now)and yet they are unwilling to go anywhere near the asking price of another player.

Who is keen eager and willing to play for the club right now and defend the mighty famous red shirt that he would be proud of wearing FSG have been saying season after season they will buy big in the summer but it never seems to happen.

They got rid of our best players after the fantastic season we had in the 2013/14 season and we never replaced our best player that season and we went backwards once again.What amazes me about FSG is before they took over they said they wanted to make us champions once again and yet they have not delivered they never backed BR on transfers which in the end finished with him being sacked and they are still doing the same thing with JĂźrgen Klopp

Where transfers are concerned I hear people saying yeah maybe so but FSG have put their hands in their pockets to pay for the stand but I have said no way its more like they have turned to the bank for a loan just like the last American owners did  to enable  the work  to be carried out

Players should have come first then the stand.

This is the first time ive ever seen Liverpool fc with a goal difference in the league as a minus rather than a plus at this stage of the season both bill shankly and bob paisley will be turning in their graves to see what is happening to their beloved club YNWA

I did have a long winded response to this post but I deleted it as it's not worth it. This is such a stupid post.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #20147: Feb 01, 2016 11:39:36 pm
      I did have a long winded response to this post but I deleted it as it's not worth it. This is such a stupid post.

Wait till those bas**rds announce the prices for next season tomorrow, it might not look such a stupid post then!!

Quick Reply