Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D7 L8

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2762339 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #20171: Feb 02, 2016 03:30:33 pm
      As posted previously mate 'hope springs eternal.

This
      The suggestion that the owners have no interest whatever in the improvement of this club in a football context cannot be dismissed.

they seem quite unmoved by our results on the field good or bad  and that's a worry for me because success starts with the board demanding it.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #20172: Feb 02, 2016 03:30:46 pm
      Maybe if they wanted to back the manager they might have had an alternative target lined up just in case the Teixiera deal couldn't go through ?

I don't blame anyone for the Tex deal not going through as they were asking ridiculous money for him, I blame them for not having a backup target and for wasting so much time on a deal again that just made us look incompetent.

Or maybe Jürgen wasn't interested in anyone else mate. 

If that's the case then for me it's a step in the right direction as he's sticking to his guns on which targets he wants rather than being palmed off with a 2nd or 3rd option.  Something which has seen us stockpile players that are neither use nor ornament in terms of strengthening the 1st team over the last few windows.

How amazing would it be if we spent £100m plus this summer but every player we get is an upgrade on those they are replacing, instead of the usual mish mash of "Oooohhhh, he's available and willing to come, I'm not sure what you'll do with him but I'm sure we can send him on loan somewhere if it doesn't work out".
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #20173: Feb 02, 2016 03:32:16 pm
      This is why I'll be patient this time. No need to panic just yet.

After nearly 5 year of their ''long term plan'' and zero progress fingers are hovering on the button.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #20174: Feb 02, 2016 03:33:22 pm
      I have no problem with us not signing Texiera what bothers me is that our Scouts and our transfer committee think we do not need  any additional players when its clear we are desperately short of goal scorers. Its done now so we go with what we have. My earlier point is that 5 years into their project FSG have done little to improve the results on the pitch but they have spent considerable time on increasing the revenue. of the club.

They've hired Klopp, given him money, started redeveloping the stadium.

What do you want them to do? Lead keepie-uppie practise for Benteke?

We're not entitled to success just because of our history.

they seem quite unmoved by our results on the field good or bad  and that's a worry for me because success starts with the board demanding it.

They sacked Hodgson, hired Kenny, backed him, sacked him due to our lack of success, hired Rodgers, backed him, sacked him and have now hired Jürgen Klopp.

Ho much more "movement" do you want to see?
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,181 posts | 832 
      Reply #20175: Feb 02, 2016 03:34:59 pm
      After nearly 5 year of their ''long term plan'' and zero progress fingers are hovering on the button.

We just changed the manager and the fans demanded a top manager, so we got one. The fans also demanded that Klopp would be given more freedom and decision making on who to sign and it looks like he got that backing too.

Maybe we should wait and see this summer if indeed FSG are backing him or not?
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #20176: Feb 02, 2016 03:35:51 pm
      This is why I'll be patient this time. No need to panic just yet.

Mate for the first time since Rafa left us I'm happy to let the manager get on with it.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #20177: Feb 02, 2016 03:37:47 pm
      We just changed the manager and the fans demanded a top manager, so we got one. The fans also demanded that Klopp would be given more freedom and decision making on who to sign and it looks like he got that backing too.

Maybe we should wait and see this summer if indeed FSG are backing him or not?

Wait and hope are essential ingredients of JWH&Co's tenure.
      They have failed to back any manager thus far why should they change?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #20178: Feb 02, 2016 03:53:10 pm
      Just looking at the ticket statement thread and its official, barring a windfall I will never be able to take my girls to Anfield. It'll be equivalent to taking them away for a week.

exactly and that is disgraceful and its not just FSG this is modern football its all about money the notion that there is anything relative to "community" is a farce. We are not "fans" we are "customers or consumers"
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #20179: Feb 02, 2016 04:01:57 pm
      That doesn't actually surprise me tbh mate.

Nor me Debs, not good business paying £38m for a 26yr old who it has to be said will be a gamble,
      And not necessarily a good one at that,Alex may well be banging them in against lower level defences for Shaktar but how would he do against top drawer defenders in the EPL.

Glad Jürgen Said no.

YNWA
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #20180: Feb 02, 2016 04:08:01 pm
      so you have no evidence then because the consensus is we offered approx. £25mil not £38mil as you suggest.

Seen sources saying we offered a £35m package, lots of achievable add-ons and a staggered payment plan, which has as much validity as your 'consensus'.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,181 posts | 832 
      Reply #20181: Feb 02, 2016 04:09:32 pm
      Wait and hope are essential ingredients of JWH&Co's tenure.
      They have failed to back any manager thus far why should they change?

so buying a striker for 32m and offering 140k weeks of wages is not backing by the owners?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #20182: Feb 02, 2016 04:25:04 pm
      Seen sources saying we offered a £35m package, lots of achievable add-ons and a staggered payment plan, which has as much validity as your 'consensus'.

so what does that mean exactly the only truth is we didn't sign anyone regardless of the reasons and lying 8th or 9th in the league doesn't seem to upset the owners too much does it
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,181 posts | 832 
      Reply #20183: Feb 02, 2016 04:31:06 pm
      so what does that mean exactly the only truth is we didn't sign anyone regardless of the reasons and lying 8th or 9th in the league doesn't seem to upset the owners too much does it

Who said it doesn't? how do you know? you were calling for evidence, but can you provide evidence that the owners don't care? or are you just assuming?
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #20184: Feb 02, 2016 04:38:12 pm
      So what does that mean exactly? The only truth is we didn't sign anyone, regardless of the reasons, and lying 8th or 9th in the league. It doesn't seem to upset the owners too much, does it?

Conjecture and supposition for most of that, no proof, just your own biased opinion, by the way my opinion is biased as well, you'll find few, especially on here, who will offer a non-biased opinion. The only fact is that Klopp said, within 2 weeks of coming in, he doubted we would do any business in the January window, unless it made both financial sense and we needed the player straight away.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #20185: Feb 02, 2016 04:46:56 pm
      Conjecture and supposition for most of that, no proof, just your own biased opinion, by the way my opinion is biased as well, you'll find few, especially on here, who will offer a non-biased opinion. The only fact is that Klopp said, within 2 weeks of coming in, he doubted we would do any business in the January window, unless it made both financial sense and we needed the player straight away.

And umpteen injuries later, with only one fit striker, only 30 goals scored in 23 games and with a captain who can't play two games together because of the pain and a goalkeeper that couldn't catch a cold, while we are having to play the kids in the cups.... we don't need a player straight away.

Maybe the emphasis is a little stronger on the "financial sense" than what is needed for the team?
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #20186: Feb 02, 2016 05:04:16 pm
      And umpteen injuries later, with only one fit striker, only 30 goals scored in 23 games and with a captain who can't play two games together because of the pain and a goalkeeper that couldn't catch a cold, while we are having to play the kids in the cups.... we don't need a player straight away.

Maybe the emphasis is a little stronger on the "financial sense" than what is needed for the team?

Or Klopp has targets he'd prefer to get in or who become available in the summer?
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #20187: Feb 02, 2016 05:12:53 pm
      Or Klopp has targets he'd prefer to get in or who become available in the summer?

And who's to say that other richer more successful clubs will not target those same players Klopp prefers in the summer? Then we have just sacrificed a much needed boost to this season. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush mate.   

Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #20188: Feb 02, 2016 05:17:11 pm
      And who's to say that other richer more successful clubs will not target those same players Klopp prefers in the summer? Then we have just sacrificed a much needed boost to this season. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush mate.   

But again, if we talking Teixera, his price went up to £57m by the end and it's been stated, from multiple sources, Klopp pulled the plug. I'll be worried 2-3 weeks in to the summer window, but not now, Klopp was insistent we would do little to none in January and if we haven't laid groundwork for early summer moves, that's when I'll do my worrying.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #20189: Feb 02, 2016 05:20:52 pm

Gary,

If the journo's are reporting properly and the money was there and Jürgen said no..then the manager made his decision; was there a 2nd or 3rd choice? I would think so as I do not believe Jürgen is a mug; more than likely he saw what was coming back from injury, saw what was really available to bring in and decided to wait to do his business this Summer.

If FSG was willing to back him and spend that kind of money on a striker from the Ukrainian league I will assume that money was available for anybody else he may of wanted and it would appear the gaffer was unimpressed with the talent available this Winter.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #20190: Feb 02, 2016 05:25:48 pm
      Hmmm

Klopp has final say on transfers. Klopp says he doesn't like the January market for numerous reasons. Klopp decides not to bring in anyone.

FSGs fault.

What?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #20191: Feb 02, 2016 05:39:25 pm
      If the manager has the final word on signings why is there a Transfer Committee?
      Why is Ian Ayre despatched to put his kiss of death on potential signings?
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #20192: Feb 02, 2016 05:47:56 pm
      Gary,

If the journo's are reporting properly and the money was there and Jürgen said no..then the manager made his decision; was there a 2nd or 3rd choice? I would think so as I do not believe Jürgen is a mug; more than likely he saw what was coming back from injury, saw what was really available to bring in and decided to wait to do his business this Summer.

If FSG was willing to back him and spend that kind of money on a striker from the Ukrainian league I will assume that money was available for anybody else he may of wanted and it would appear the gaffer was unimpressed with the talent available this Winter.

I don't agree mate. I think they went for Tex, wasted the window trying to get him and had no plan B, just as we saw before with Konaplanka.

As I said before I don't blame anyone for not buying Tex at the price quoted, I just don't believe that there weren't other options we could have gone for that would have improved our chances of success THIS season.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,181 posts | 832 
      Reply #20193: Feb 02, 2016 05:58:41 pm
      I don't agree mate. I think they went for Tex, wasted the window trying to get him and had no plan B, just as we saw before with Konaplanka.

As I said before I don't blame anyone for not buying Tex at the price quoted, I just don't believe that there weren't other options we could have gone for that would have improved our chances of success THIS season.

Like I said mate, maybe they are waiting to get better targets in the summer?

I don't know, that's why we could know for sure when summer comes

Quick Reply