Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2763308 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #20953: Nov 27, 2016 06:49:49 am
      He does what he does mate and he is certainly not a charity where moral satisfaction is the only payback
      The company is where it is through employing ruthless business ethic which by it's very qualification cannot vary for any of their investments.

If the shareholders receive an annual dividend the company, the directors and the owners will receive a payback as a ratio of status demands.
      Personal reward, for as long as the asset retains that definition, will be the criteria as opposed to bolstering and strengthening the investment. 

F**k it the game's on, lost track.

Why do you continue to post lies and not look up the truth?

The accounts have been publicly available every season since they arrived.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #20954: Nov 27, 2016 07:11:14 am
      It's called an agenda. Doesn't matter what FSG do, if we are doing well, i.e. challenging for top of the league, stadium expansion, fantastic football, buzz around the place, Someone else will get the credit and they none at all, if we are having a bad run then they can blame FSG for having a private jet or new yacht.

The only agenda I have mate is that Liverpool Football Club do well,supporters have a right to criticise or praise irrespective who the owners are.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #20955: Nov 27, 2016 07:14:40 am
      It's called an agenda. Doesn't matter what FSG do, if we are doing well, i.e. challenging for top of the league, stadium expansion, fantastic football, buzz around the place, Someone else will get the credit and they none at all, if we are having a bad run then they can blame FSG for having a private jet or new yacht.

Crazy, isn't it?

5 seasons it took to rebuild the club and get a solution to the stadium issue completely finished.

Got stability on and off the pitch.

Manager and squad capable of dominating for years to come.

Not good enough, apparently.

It's times like these some older posters said us younger fans would be able to enjoy as Reds fans. But the more we seem to succeed, the more sh*t is thrown at the club as soon as one game goes against us.

The worst thing is, it's someone who lived through the golden era that is spreading lies. For what purpose?

EDIT: When i say older posters, I'm referring to hearing about the stories of when we were winning everything. The feeling around the club and amongst the fans.

I'm not referring to all older posters making ill-intentioned comments apart from one poster. Starts with an 'S' and rhymes with 'gluey'.
      « Last Edit: Nov 27, 2016 07:48:58 am by crouchinho »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #20956: Nov 27, 2016 09:10:43 am
      Why do you continue to post lies and not look up the truth?

The accounts have been publicly available every season since they arrived.

Which part of the comment you indicate is an untruth?
      It is a description of business procedure, no more no less.
      If the manner in which our owners operate offends you I suggest you question your blind faith in their methods.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #20957: Nov 27, 2016 09:48:20 am
      Which part of the comment you indicate is an untruth?

JWH&Co are quite content to sit back and take their dividends and profits off the back of the club while not parting with a cent of their own money, if the club were not a self-sustaining asset those rewards would not be available.

Stop lying.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #20958: Nov 27, 2016 10:02:52 am
      Christ almighty, some people find the weirdest sh*t to moan about off the back of a positive result in the league.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #20959: Nov 27, 2016 10:29:58 am

Think  Gluey suffers from OCD....
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #20960: Nov 27, 2016 11:11:27 am

Point out the untruth.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #20961: Nov 27, 2016 11:15:01 am

Prove this is true:

JWH&Co are quite content to sit back and take their dividends and profits off the back of the club while not parting with a cent of their own money, if the club were not a self-sustaining asset those rewards would not be available.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #20962: Nov 27, 2016 11:19:17 am

They have done as JWH indicated and not parted with any of their own dosh.
      They have loaned the club money as you well know.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #20963: Nov 27, 2016 12:26:00 pm
      I was just quoting what was reported in the Echo,I assume the Echo are more knowledgeable than you on matters concerning Liverpool Football Club and Fenway.

What Henry does with his own money is a completely different matter to him supposedly taking money out of the club.
      He doesn't.

Perhaps you and the Echo can point out in the accounts where he took money out.
      They're freely available online, so you shouldn't have any trouble.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #20964: Nov 27, 2016 01:07:15 pm

Missed this piece of drivel repeated so many times the guy actually believes his own sh*t.

5 seasons it took to rebuild the club and get a solution to the stadium issue completely finished.

5 years 5 managers and a gradual decent of the club in the Prem, an admission by JWH himself that they have made mistakes, apparently you think he is lying and their tenure is faultless.
      The ground has been enlarged as you know full well with a loan to the club.

Got stability on and off the pitch.

Manager and squad capable of dominating for years to come.

Done with help of Jürgen Klopp, the only reason the natives are not in revolt.

Not good enough, apparently.

It's times like these some older posters said us younger fans would be able to enjoy as Reds fans. But the more we seem to succeed, the more sh*t is thrown at the club as soon as one game goes against us.

The worst thing is, it's someone who lived through the golden era that is spreading lies. For what purpose?

Has to resort to some masked ageist agenda to attempt to discredit my comment and believing his own bullshit once again accuses me of lying, yet cannot provide an example of said lies.

EDIT: When i say older posters, I'm referring to hearing about the stories of when we were winning everything. The feeling around the club and amongst the fans.

I'm not referring to all older posters making ill-intentioned comments apart from one poster. Starts with an 'S' and rhymes with 'gluey'.

Some infantile rhetoric to amuse his playmates.

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #20965: Nov 27, 2016 01:57:27 pm
      And yet when I ask you to provide proof to give your statements substance, you don't.

Speak about rhetoric.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #20966: Nov 27, 2016 08:03:03 pm
      What Henry does with his own money is a completely different matter to him supposedly taking money out of the club.
      He doesn't.

Perhaps you and the Echo can point out in the accounts where he took money out.
      They're freely available online, so you shouldn't have any trouble.

I think you need to read my post again,I did not say John Henry had taken money out of the club to buy his yacht.I did say I hope he makes the same amount available to Jürgen in the transfer window if Jürgen requires it.By the way I believe spec savers have got some good deals going at the moment,cheers.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #20967: Nov 27, 2016 08:24:45 pm
      We've had this buzz about the place before thanks to 1 man and that was Luis Suarez. Here we atand again with a great feel about the place thanks to 1 man. Jürgen Klopp. For me they have to do more to make our success concrete rather than dependent on the genius of 1 individual.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #20968: Nov 27, 2016 08:26:48 pm
      I think you need to read my post again,I did not say John Henry had taken money out of the club to buy his yacht.I did say I hope he makes the same amount available to Jürgen in the transfer window if Jürgen requires it.By the way I believe spec savers have got some good deals going at the moment,cheers.

Wasting your time Billy, he has an agenda and twists everything to make it appear he is right, remember KennyIsKing?
      Another one with the same mind-set long since banned off the forum.
      « Last Edit: Nov 27, 2016 10:17:15 pm by stuey »
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #20969: Nov 27, 2016 11:18:34 pm

Hasn't he been clear, since day 1, that we'll always spend within the clubs earnings, Klopp has also been clear, the cash is there for him. Were you really, despite all this public knowledge, saying he has to put £68m of his own money in (which might violate some parts of the fair play rule). I'd love your answer to this, unless, of course, you were just being snide, in that case, don't bother answering.

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #20970: Nov 28, 2016 01:37:47 am
      Hasn't he been clear, since day 1, that we'll always spend within the clubs earnings, Klopp has also been clear, the cash is there for him. Were you really, despite all this public knowledge, saying he has to put £68m of his own money in (which might violate some parts of the fair play rule). I'd love your answer to this, unless, of course, you were just being snide, in that case, don't bother answering.

I did not say he has to put 68 million of his own money into the transfer fund.I did say I hope he makes 68 million available to Jürgen for transfers if required,I also think the club would have that money available if required.That is my answer and I was not being snide just being honest.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #20971: Nov 28, 2016 01:48:38 am
      I did not say he has to put 68 million of his own money into the transfer fund.I did say I hope he makes 68 million available to Jürgen for transfers if required,I also think the club would have that money available if required.That is my answer and I was not being snide just being honest.

£68m will be available,  if we have it available, much like money has since they took over.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #20972: Nov 28, 2016 05:13:26 pm

Mate, if the club earns it, the club can spend it.
      It's really that simple.

Also, people need to get away from the idea that Henry is the boss man.
      Mike Gordon increased his FSG holdings and now has pretty much sole responsibility, while Henry concentrates on Baseball.

Henry is listed as principle owner only because he has more "shares", but Gordon and to a lesser extent, Werner, run the club.
      Remember a while back when our transfers were getting done very quickly, in a complete change from the messing about we'd seen previously?
      That was Mike Gordon stepping onto the transfer committee, and giving a quick yes or know, as opposed to Ayre, who not only seemed to dither and penny pinch, but also had to keep running to Werner and Henry for the OK.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #20973: Nov 28, 2016 06:03:07 pm
      Think a couple of posts have been deleted?? Anyway, for those who are unhappy at how the club is run I am interested to know how they think the club should be run and by who? I mean, City and Chelsea have thrown money about (a sh*t load) and United have piled debt on and also bought a 90 million pound player etc

Obviously the individual who is choosing who to target and buy is the main man, FSG&Co have had a woeful 5 years selecting a manager who hopefully can operate under the constraints described by JWH some time ago.
      His statement about a limit to transfer fees and his opinion of no player being worth more than 35m was quickly withdrawn, irrespective it does give an insight into the man's preferred knowledge(?) of football.

As stated the owners have fallen on their feet with Klopp, he has a love of the club and the wherewithal to recognise skill levels not seen by others, the bond with his charges is unbreakable, as also stated if he hadn't pulled JWH&Co out of the sh*t the natives would be in revolt. 

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #20974: Nov 28, 2016 06:08:09 pm
      Obviously the individual who is choosing who to target and buy is the main man, FSG&Co have had a woeful 5 years selecting a manager who hopefully can operate under the constraints described by JWH some time ago.
      His statement about a limit to transfer fees and his opinion of no player being worth more than 35m was quickly withdrawn, irrespective it does give an insight into the man's preferred knowledge(?) of football.

As stated the owners have fallen on their feet with Klopp, he has a love of the club and the wherewithal to recognise skill levels not seen by others, the bond with his charges is unbreakable, as also stated if he hadn't pulled JWH&Co out of the sh*t the natives would be in revolt.

There's so much wrong with this I don't know where to begin.

Suffice to say it's the usual mixture of lies, half truths and bullshit, whilst also managing to be woefully misinformed.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #20975: Nov 28, 2016 08:23:47 pm
      Mate, if the club earns it, the club can spend it.
      It's really that simple.

Also, people need to get away from the idea that Henry is the boss man.
      Mike Gordon increased his FSG holdings and now has pretty much sole responsibility, while Henry concentrates on Baseball.

Henry is listed as principle owner only because he has more "shares", but Gordon and to a lesser extent, Werner, run the club.
      Remember a while back when our transfers were getting done very quickly, in a complete change from the messing about we'd seen previously?
      That was Mike Gordon stepping onto the transfer committee, and giving a quick yes or know, as opposed to Ayre, who not only seemed to dither and penny pinch, but also had to keep running to Werner and Henry for the OK.

Swab I still think you need to read my original post where I quoted BBC Sport and the Echo reporting that John Henry had bought a yacht for 68 million quid.I then went on to say I hope he makes 68 mill available for Jürgen if it is required to buy players,nowhere did I mention the 68 million coming from his own pocket.At the end of the day John Henry being the major shareholder in Fenway and L.F.C. just like Moores was will have the final say with the advice of his senior bosrd men.

Quick Reply