Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2754863 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #21114: Jan 27, 2017 10:47:28 pm
      To me there are only three viable explanations coming off him signing a new 6 year deal last Summer.

1. Klopp is in cahoots with the owners basically binning off the supporters with rhetoric and deflecting from his benefactors FSG.

2. Klopp is a gullible fool who has been and continues to be hoodwinked by FSG and had his pants pulled down below his knees and can't get out.

3. Whether it be £30, 50 or 100 million he has money to spend but despite that is not going to change the way he has done business his entire managerial career.

Those are really the only options as to why we have purchased no one and or the idea of lack of support.

I don't think it's any of those personally, no doubt he has money to spend but seemingly there is still a cap on how much he can dangle in front of a player.

Eg - Draxler was someone he wanted but by all accounts the player went to PSG because of the better package, so it's the usual story we will either pay the transfer fee or the wages but not both.

PS: he has never had the option of 3 in his life otherwise Bayern would not have had the chance to rape Dortmund.

Kopite78
      Reply #21115: Jan 27, 2017 11:06:11 pm

You don't know that

He went for Gotze in the summer,,people class him as right up there in the world class bracket but he wouldn't come because of lack of CL

Let see what happens when we get there
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #21116: Jan 27, 2017 11:11:01 pm
      You don't know that

He went for Gotze in the summer,,people class him as right up there in the world class bracket but he wouldn't come because of lack of CL

Let see what happens when we get there

I'm not saying he won't spend big money mate.

He will but only if he sees that value in the player.

In my opinion Jürgen is just as careful with money spent on players as FSG and he won't change in that he won't spend more than what he feels a player is worth and if he is the right player coming for the right reasons.

That player might be £10M or he could be £50M but Jürgen will only bring him here for what he feels are the right reasons.
      Kopite78
      Reply #21117: Jan 27, 2017 11:17:10 pm
      I'm not saying he won't spend big money mate.

He will but only if he sees that value in the player.

In my opinion Jürgen is just as careful with money spent on players as FSG and he won't change in that he won't spend more than what he feels a player is worth and if he is the right player coming for the right reasons.

That player might be £10M or he could be £50M but Jürgen will only bring him here for what he feels are the right reasons.

I think so

I think he's a clever enough manager to work out what he needs and what he needed in Germany may well not be what he need ls here and adapt to it

We're still having a good season and he will get us back on track

AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #21118: Jan 28, 2017 03:13:56 am

I know it's #3 for one reason and one reason only...all one has to do is listen to the manger speak since day one at LFC.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #21119: Jan 28, 2017 12:15:34 pm
      I know it's #3 for one reason and one reason only...all one has to do is listen to the manger speak since day one at LFC.

Exactly.
      All this is a storm in a teacup if people just remembered what Klopp said.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #21120: Jan 28, 2017 05:26:13 pm
      At what point does the finger of blame justifiably fall on this lot for our lack of sporting success on the field?

The record reads 1 top 4 finish. 1 league cup.

In that time we've had 4 managers, a director of football, a moneyball philsophy, a transfer comittee and now apparently a new version of said comittee.

Could it be said that they don't know what they are doing when it comes to laying the foundations and environment for a successful football team?
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #21121: Jan 28, 2017 05:37:52 pm
      At what point does the finger of blame justifiably fall on this lot for our lack of sporting success on the field?

The record reads 1 top 4 finish. 1 league cup.

In that time we've had 4 managers, a director of football, a moneyball philsophy, a transfer comittee and now apparently a new version of said comittee.

Could it be said that they don't know what they are doing when it comes to laying the foundations and environment for a successful football team?

I blame them entirely.

Awful owners for a club of Liverpool's stature. But hey, the books look great.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #21122: Jan 28, 2017 05:40:02 pm
      In reality this all we have as a decent first team.

Clyne
      Matip
      Henderson
      Lallana
      Mane
      Coutinho
      Firmino

Open the cheque book you fuckers.

We as fans are being duped by the money making machine called FSG.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #21123: Jan 28, 2017 05:43:50 pm
      In reality this all we have as a decent first team.

Clyne
      Matip
      Henderson
      Lallana
      Mane
      Coutinho
      Firmino

Open the cheque book you fuckers

They need to, the summer transfer activity could be the straw that broke the camels back...

I hope the owners & Klopp change their approach in realising the aspirations of this beautiful clubs supporters...

It's a romantic notion of winning the league via academy players but in truth it's going to be very difficult to achieve this..

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #21124: Jan 28, 2017 05:44:31 pm
      I blame them entirely.

Awful owners for a club of Liverpool's stature. But hey, the books look great.

This was my point back in August.

If we are being honest here Fenway are out of their depth financially with the main players in the league. The Manchester clubs alone look like they have invested and invested well kicking on a gear from last season.

If we think that breaking even and thus standing still is the answer then their time here is long up. (I happen to think that even they themselves realise it isn't, perhaps they always knew that they couldn't truly compete)

We have to go with these clubs or we will be left with the Stokes, Southamptons and Evertons of this world scatching around for that magic formula to defying the odds. 'Leicester did it, so can we' and all that.

Give it a few more years of this and if Fenway are still here the calls for them to leave will grow a bit stronger i believe.

With Klopp at the helm, I think we've all dared to buy in to the philosophy but what happens when Klopp cannot scale the financial chasm? Will the illusion finally be seen for what it is?

I believe the point and question still stands.

It is my total belief that we are giving these cu*ts far too much goodwill. At some point we have to put pressure on them to deliever the promises and comittments  they set out to us when they arrived here. If they will not do that, or they cannot do that, then we should be pressuring them to sell to someone who can.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #21125: Jan 28, 2017 05:55:39 pm
      This was my point back in August.

I believe the point and question still stands.

It is my total belief that we are giving these cu*ts far too much goodwill. At some point we have to put pressure on them to deliever the promises and comittments  they set out to us when they arrived here. If they will not do that, or they cannot do that, then we should be pressuring them to sell to someone who can.

Be careful. The FSG police will be in soon demanding facts and figures from you.

RedLFCBlood
      Reply #21126: Jan 28, 2017 05:58:17 pm
      They want the Arsenal model, they always have.

Increased Sponsorship's, Increased stadium (both increasing revenue), Top manager, all they need now is consistent delivery of the top 4 trophy on little positive/negative spends.

With FFP, TV money (last year) prize money etc 'Negative Net spend' we should have the budget of a third world Country next summer..

If we don't get Top 4, spend it and build some quality depth even if that means such as Henderson/Can/Firmino/Couts et all are fighting for their places, genuine competition for places will only improve us.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #21127: Jan 28, 2017 06:02:02 pm
      They want the Arsenal model, they always have.

Increased Sponsorship's, Increased stadium (both increasing revenue), Top manager, all they need now is consistent delivery of the top 4 trophy on little positive/negative spends.

With FFP, TV money (last year) prize money etc 'Negative Net spend' we should have the budget of a third world Country next summer..

If we don't get Top 4, spend it and build some quality depth even if that means such as Henderson/Can/Firmino/Couts et all are fighting for their places, genuine competition for places will only improve us.

The major flaw of following the 'Arsenal model' is that Arsenal implemented that model on the back of success and stability. We are anything but.

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #21128: Jan 28, 2017 06:02:24 pm
      Be careful. The FSG police will be in soon demanding facts and figures from you.

The only stat that I care about mate is 0 league titles, 0 fa cups, 0 European titles, 1 League Cup, 1 top 4 finish.

And still we fall for the dream that we are building towards something.

We were building towards something under the King, we had a bright young manager with a look to the future under Brendan. We are now building once again under Jürgen Klopp.

How much longer until we see those rewards?
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #21129: Jan 28, 2017 06:03:57 pm
      Last time we qualified four the CL we sold Suarez and brought in Mario!

We can blame the c*nts in the transfer committee for that one.

And, oh look, the shower of incompetent bas**rds are still on the payroll at the club.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #21130: Jan 28, 2017 06:15:11 pm
      The major flaw of following the 'Arsenal model' is that Arsenal implemented that model on the back of success and stability. We are anything but.

True.

Would have Been the ideal owners following 2005 champions league final, even 2007 final, think they'd have really exploited our success commercially and threw money at us to keep us there.

Other than 1st January & 1st Summer window, they've been risk averse, its like they felt that they got burned and won't make the same mistake.

I'm sure one or two will excuse them, but there's no excuse really
      Kopite78
      Reply #21131: Jan 28, 2017 06:45:46 pm

Aye wait till he logs on  :stress_h4h:

Can't believe he missed your post the other day by the way  :D
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #21132: Jan 28, 2017 08:04:59 pm
      Team isn't good enough. And I'm sure Klopp has realised this considering his evasive answer to the same question post match.

Which prompts a dilemma for FSG. They are the people who presided over this malaise - selling our best, buying sh*te as replacements with very little net spend.

We keep hearing 'the money is there' but history of FSG's spending proves it isn't. Aside from their first two transfer windows, they have been happy to sit tight arsed and buy cheap sh*te while thinking our managers in Brendan and Jürgen are magicians who can turn sh*t into gold.

Yes, that transfer committee also needs to go - what was meant to provide us with depth has given us sweet f**k all. Most likely a deliberate downsizing of the squad?

Probably, as a means to reap maximum profit from the club, but that profit obsessed motive, as opposed to a team building motive, is going to all end in tears.

And The blame will lie firmly on FSG's shoulders.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #21133: Jan 28, 2017 08:08:08 pm
      But fear not, I'm sure the PR machine of FSG will be in top gear by tomorrow morning, throwing us disillusioned fans off the scent with some savvy leak about 'investment', or a new contract for one of our players, or a lucrative summer deal for a hot talent.
      Kopite78
      Reply #21134: Jan 28, 2017 08:10:44 pm
      But fear not, I'm sure the PR machine of FSG will be in top gear by tomorrow morning, throwing us disillusioned fans off the scent with some savvy leak about 'investment', or a new contract for one of our players, or a lucrative summer deal for a hot talent.

They must be on an emgency conference call as we speak

Swab's not on 2+2 and stuff  ;)
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #21135: Jan 28, 2017 08:18:07 pm

Probably got his tongue lodged firmly up some ones arse is more likely.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #21136: Jan 28, 2017 08:22:18 pm
      They must be on an emgency conference call as we speak

Swab's not on 2+2 and stuff  ;)

There's nothing Swab can say. You cannot defend the indefensible. It's not just the money, thats one thing. The other is a scattergun approach. DoFs, moneyball, TC's, missed targets, letters of apology, botched attempts to hike season ticket prices. The list with them goes on.

The other thing is their lack of presence. Where are they? Is anybody watching? Is anybody realising a potential sh*t storm brewing before it hits? Where is the direction?

A plethora of mistakes, mismanagement and failures from these guys.

So Swab and those of his ilk can do the smoke and mirror act but it's futile. We won't accept failure for ever.

Quick Reply