Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2763795 times
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: New Owners of LFC
      Reply #2576: Feb 13, 2012 03:39:54 pm
      You need to calm down AZ did I mention Man U

He apologized to an individual that he went off on, I am sure Kenny felt bad after doing that when the guy was asking a legit question on a subject that Kenny thought was done and dusted.

You and everyone else is making is sound like he got on his knees and asked forgiveness of the world.

I think Kenny is man enough to say he was sorry to an individual I am sure he had no animosity towards personally, the heat of the moment got to him and he felt bad about it after the fact.

People are taking this sorry from Kenny way beyond the context that he said it in.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #2577: Feb 13, 2012 03:42:33 pm

He apologized to an individual that he went off on, I am sure Kenny felt bad after doing that when the guy was asking a legit question on a subject that Kenny thought was done and dusted.

You and everyone else is making is sound like he got on his knees and asked forgiveness of the world.

I think Kenny is man enough to say he was sorry to an individual I am sure he had no animosity towards personally, the heat of the moment got to him and he felt bad about it after the fact.

People are taking this sorry from Kenny way beyond the context that he said it in.
      I am sure Kenny has sleepless nights worrying about reporters feeling
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #2578: Feb 13, 2012 03:43:35 pm
      I am sure Kenny has sleepless nights worrying about reporters feeling

I am sure Kenny is a decent enough fella to do just that.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #2579: Feb 13, 2012 03:44:16 pm
      It could also be said AZ that Kenny was instructed to put out an apology because we as a club want to have this whole bad period done and Kenny responded by saying ok but I won't apologise for anything else I will apologise to the reporter for the way I spoke to him.

No one knows. We will find out in about 15 years when Someone brings an autobiography out.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #2580: Feb 13, 2012 03:45:58 pm
      It could also be said AZ that Kenny was instructed to put out an apology because we as a club want to have this whole bad period done and Kenny responded by saying ok but I won't apologise for anything else I will apologise to the reporter for the way I spoke to him.

No one knows. We will find out in about 15 years when Someone brings an autobiography out.

That is very possible PD, I will go with the idea that Kenny has outstanding character and truly felt bad for having a go at the Journo. I may be proved wrong in the end but until I hear otherwise I will place my bet there.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #2581: Feb 13, 2012 03:50:56 pm
       AZ  You are only kidding yourself

Kenny had no reason to apologise
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #2582: Feb 13, 2012 03:52:24 pm
      That is very possible PD, I will go with the idea that Kenny has outstanding character and truly felt bad for having a go at the Journo. I may be proved wrong in the end but until I hear otherwise I will place my bet there.

You may be right mate. I'm sure behind closed doors Kenny may have said sorry if he felt he had upset Geoff Shreves, he wouldn't normally go on the website with it publically. He is often frosty with the media.. Well some see it that way, I just think he is being dry with them alot of the time.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #2583: Feb 13, 2012 03:52:32 pm
      Take it for what it's worth as it is the telegraph:

Most of it I find as drivel however I will say one thing, just as they do here in Boston FSG tries its best not to meddle with the day to day affairs of the club, they leave that to the people they place in charge and trust them to make the decisions needed. They have always been like that with the RS and I believe were attempting to do the same here.

I do not agree with what they say about Kenny or Rafa, the culture or anything else in this article except for the highlighted parts, I see those as the most realistic of FSG's actions.

This was the most extraordinary 45 minutes in recent Anfield history since the second half in Istanbul. Luis Suarez apologises for refusing to shake Patrice Evra’s hand. Managing Director Ian Ayre condemns Suarez’s behaviour.

No sooner were the repercussions of this digested, manager Kenny Dalglish makes the most startling admission of all.

“I did not conduct myself in a way befitting of a Liverpool manager, and I’d like to apologise for that,” said Dalglish, referring to his post-match conduct at Old Trafford.

The most significant players in all this – Liverpool’s American owners – said nothing, and yet their influence was on every utterance. Behind the scenes, the whip was cracked.

Liverpool’s principal owner John W. Henry and chairman Tom Werner had every right to be furious with Saturday’s events.
      Related Articles

On their recent visit they made their discontent with the club’s tarnished image known. They held heated meetings, and issued reminders of responsibilities.

One of the owners travelled to London to meet Premier League chief executive Richard Scudamore in an attempt to build bridges with the hierarchy of English football.

For a week at the end of January, there was serenity. Henry and Werner then returned to America believing the worst was over after a dismal few months. Not for the first time in their reign, no sooner had they vacated the premises all hell breaks loose.

One is reminded of a scene in a classroom full of rowdy pupils, unwilling to listen to their timid supply teacher. The authoritative Deputy Head briefly enters, the room falls silent and everyone sits meekly back in their seats, fearing the hand of discipline.

Then the imposing figure departs, and the juveniles vacate their desks and start throwing paper planes at each other again.

Every time Henry and Werner return to United States, a crisis follows them. Each phone call and email sent across the Atlantic brings news of woe. The demand, even in the American media, was for them to sort it out.

Show leadership. Take a more proactive, hands-on role. Easy enough, you’d think. They do own the club, after all. If only the political mechanics of Liverpool Football Club allowed leaders to lead.

Fenway Sports Group’s desire to be more dynamic and authoritative in their approach has been constrained by a flawed ethos at Anfield.

It suggests: “There is a holy trinity between the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don’t come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques.”

It is over-simplistic, romantic drivel. Anyone who thinks former chairman John Smith, or ex-chief executive Peter Robinson contributed no more than ‘signing cheques’ in Liverpool’s golden era is reading the wrong history books.

Since Robinson left Anfield, the managers have been too powerful. First it was Gerard Houllier in the aftermath of the 2001 treble.

Then Rafa Benítez briefly had a contract giving him more power than any coach in Europe. Dalglish’s status eclipses the pair of them.

He is rightly loved for reasons thirty years in their construction, but he is also expected to live up to unattainable ideals of infallibility. It is too much, even for him.

Henry and Werner will never be held in the same regard as Dalglish, so they can never utter a word or issue a statement that may be interpreted as undermining him.

It is a sign of their astute leadership they have allowed both Suarez and Dalglish to admit their own mistakes rather than have to publicly point them out themselves.

The new Americans do not deserve to be spoken about in the same terms as Tom Hicks and George Gillett, but they know what happened to them and are still paying a price for the skewed culture of a club which has lived in fear of another populist uprising for too long.

Elements of Liverpool’s fan base believe it was they who forced out an unwanted regime and unpopular manager, and they can mobilise again should they believe similar circumstances exist under FSG.

For those who don’t trust FSG, that’s reassuring. For those who believe they deserve the chance to do it their own way and succeed or fail on their own terms, it’s debilitating.

Henry and Werner have assumed the right to exercise full executive control and guide the club in the direction they want.

Amid the squalor of Suarez’s conduct, something positive may have emerged. Over a year after the last takeover, Liverpool may have finally found some leadership again.
      « Last Edit: Feb 13, 2012 04:04:09 pm by AZPatriot »
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2584: Feb 13, 2012 04:03:54 pm
      Out of touch journo.Go onto the many LFC sites and the vast vast majority think FSG stink.
      Jimsouse67

• 9,474 posts | 1474 
      Reply #2585: Feb 13, 2012 04:25:58 pm
      When does YNWA go the other way? Luis is not a racist and was wronged with a overly lengthy ban that should have been appealed but was not. Pretty fair to say that we could have appealed it to heaven above and it was not going to get overturned but none the less.

The club issued a statement saying we are moving foward and yes of course they would shake hands; Kenny said it, the club and owners expected it, shake his hand and lets be done with it.

Evra is a c**t, we know he is one but there are plenty of them in the world. When the times comes for Luis to do what the manager and the club requested him to do he said fck it I have been wronged and I don't want to shake the cnts hand. Well he made his manager look like a fool, the club look incompetent in getting its own players to do what they are asked to do.

Some great points made AZ.like every other red across the world I'm gutted at the way things have gone over all this business of luis.I  do read the papers and take everything they write with a heavy pinch of salt.We all know the  majority of them talk sh*te anyway.we are all well aware of what the media and ferguson think  of LFC, it's supporters and the city anyway, and that isn't going to change anytime soon.
      What annoys many fans is the way we have been treated compared to  the way the scum have,that is hard to swallow for me and for most others but hasn't this contempt for LFC always  been there  since heysel and Hillsborough?.Kenny will always be more of A man than ferguson  on all levels for me.

John Barnes mentioned several times yesterday that both Evra and Luis (the modern footballers) have egos that put themselves before club and they should have just let it go and taken care of business on the pitch.

We are screaming here how the club screwed Luis yet when his manager just days before said this was done and dusted and expected this to happen the player decided for the sake of his own self laid the manager out to dry.

Yeah maybe we should have appealed to the EU supreme court or something on behalf of Luis but we did not and were moving foward and away from this as stated by Kenny.

Luis was asked to do something by the manager and club that he did not want to do, told them he would do it and then said ah fck it I am not doing it.

There is not a person on this board that have not had and employer ask them to do something they did not want to do, there is not a self employed person on this board that has not had to bite they're lip when a client asked them to do something that perhaps they did not want to do. C*nt or no c*unt the club (employer) asked the Luis (employee) to do something and the employee (who's feelings were hurt) said yes at first then changed his mind and in front of an international audience decided to go rouge on his manager and club.

Right or wrong and despite any circumstances when did it become fashionable for a player at this club (yes an employee) to ignore a directive from the club and the manager? Since when did it become acceptable to hang your manager out to dry when the entire football world was watching?

If the owners and club handled Luis wrong sorry to him but he handled this just as badly. He was asked to make a simple gesture that takes all of 3 seconds. His manager asked him, his director told him and the owners expected it; but it was to difficult to just let it go and move forward.

It was supposed to be done and dusted.
      « Last Edit: Feb 13, 2012 06:28:21 pm by redkenny »
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #2586: Feb 13, 2012 04:51:06 pm
      A question i see a lot of criticism of sheik mansour and roman ambravoich do u think they would have being as concerned at bowing down to the media. More concerned about the brand then club.  I personally dont think so but that is what happens when u have business men running the club with the sole intention of making money for themselves. The brand is the most important thing about the club for people like Fsg
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #2587: Feb 13, 2012 04:55:23 pm
      A question i see a lot of criticism of sheik mansour and roman ambravoich do u think they would have being as concerned at bowing down to the media. More concerned about the brand then club.  I personally dont think so but that is what happens when u have business men running the club with the sole intention of making money for themselves. The brand is the most important thing about the club for people like Fsg

Perhaps you are right Cor, perhaps you are right.
      YNWABairn
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      • Anti Modern Football
      Reply #2588: Feb 13, 2012 05:30:19 pm
      Don't know if anyone's seen it, but the Daily Mirror are reporting that Suarez is to be offloaded in the summer. I doubt it's true, the fans will see that he stays with protests at games etc, but if NESV were to sell him then they really do need to be questioned about whether their fit to run this club or not.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,184 posts | 832 
      Reply #2589: Feb 13, 2012 05:42:28 pm
      Lets not go overboard and slag the owners off, they have done brilliantly when they first bought the club by getting rid of the debt, putting necessary funds to invest in the transfer markets and appointed a manager we all love to have. We might be dissapointed with how they acted in the whole Suarez-Evra fiasco, but it doesn't mean they become bad owners overnight. I think fans are getting carried away, calm down.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #2590: Feb 13, 2012 05:43:06 pm
      I think he will be sold in the summer along possibly with Johnson. The money will be reinvested in the team and the con about them providing money for players will continue. You ll have the media saying fair play to Fsg they sold the racist Suarez and spent another 50 million. And we will end up with someone like bent leading our line then Suarez
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #2591: Feb 13, 2012 05:45:12 pm
      Lets not go overboard and slag the owners off, they have done brilliantly when they first bought the club by getting rid of the debt, putting necessary funds to invest in the transfer markets and appointed a manager we all love to have. We might be dissapointed with how they acted in the whole Suarez-Evra fiasco, but it doesn't mean they become bad owners overnight. I think fans are getting carried away, calm down.

its a complete myth that they have given transfer funds expect that myth to continue in the summer though with the medias help.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,184 posts | 832 
      Reply #2592: Feb 13, 2012 05:45:24 pm
      I think he will be sold in the summer along possibly with Johnson. The money will be reinvested in the team and the con about them providing money for players will continue. You ll have the media saying fair play to Fsg they sold the racist Suarez and spent another 50 million. And we will end up with someone like bent leading our line then Suarez

Have faith, according to Dan Roan we won't sell Suarez contrary to media reports, but I'm worried he would say enough is enough and moves to another country. However, if we do sell him I don't think we will make the same mistake and invest 20m or 30m on players like Downing, we will get things right this time
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,184 posts | 832 
      Reply #2593: Feb 13, 2012 05:48:15 pm
      its a complete myth that they have given transfer funds expect that myth to continue in the summer though with the medias help.

How is it a myth? Kenny Dalglish have been praising the owners all summer regarding player transfers and Damien Comolli stated that the owners are ready to dip in their pocket to buy players. We might not be like Man City going on a spending spree, but NESV have indeed supported the Manager and the Director of Football in all the signings we have made in the summer.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #2594: Feb 13, 2012 05:55:13 pm
      Rafa praised hicks and gillette at the start as well.  We have a net spend of 30 million over three transfer windows less than hicks and gillette first three windows.  They have also knocked 30million off the wages bill. That they have invested heavily on the playing side is a myth protrayed by the media.  Expect it to continue in the summer when we sell Suarez and Johnson and the media starts talking sh*te about them having invested about 160million on the playing side while getting rid of the monster Suarez and
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #2595: Feb 13, 2012 06:10:41 pm
      Rafa praised hicks and gillette at the start as well.  We have a net spend of 30 million over three transfer windows less than hicks and gillette first three windows.  They have also knocked 30million off the wages bill. That they have invested heavily on the playing side is a myth protrayed by the media.  Expect it to continue in the summer when we sell Suarez and Johnson and the media starts talking sh*te about them having invested about 160million on the playing side while getting rid of the monster Suarez and

Ha that is true Cor, but H&G were spending on a credit card, not exactly the same thing.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,184 posts | 832 
      Reply #2596: Feb 13, 2012 06:13:11 pm

Rafa praised Hicks not Gillete, there was a division between the two, Rafa sided with Hicks because both were not fond of Rick Parry and wanted him to resign, but Gillete liked Parry. Plus G+H were funding players through debt, something NESV are not doing.
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #2597: Feb 13, 2012 06:18:36 pm
      Big difference between investing in players through revenue produced by the club and investing in players by means of debt.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #2598: Feb 13, 2012 06:24:53 pm

It's kind of how I see it AZ.

I'm not saying there was no pressure from the club but it could very well be that after watching the interview Kenny himself didn't like the way he game across and wanted to issue an apology along with Luis.

Quick Reply